Go to notes and disclaimers


Hope Interlude
by Jennie


Subject: Moving
Date: 09/30/2009
From: Alyosha@hotmail.com
To: wsskinner@earthlink.com


Dear Walt,

I call you that in my mind. Always have. Hope you don't mind. If you do... well, too bad.

I'm all set for the big move. Well, almost all set. I've yet to pack my clothes and stuff. (You know what they say: Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow).

That 'apartment sale' you suggested went well. Just about everything sold quickly. I pitched what was left. Putting up a notice at the university was an inspired notion on your part.

Don't get a swelled head, now. My praise is mostly due to the good mood I'm enjoying. Doesn't happen often, so don't get used to it.

I'll be arriving at Dulles on 10/5. My boss actually agreed to a week's vacation before I start setting up the new office. I think he was in shock at the request. It's been so long since I've had a vacation, that I don't quite know what to with the free time. I suppose I'll spend the week finding an apartment and buying all the shit I'll need. The company is providing a furnished efficiency, but I want a place of my own—you know?

Well, I'd better wrap this up. And stop babbling.

See you on the 5th.

Alex

Subject: Vacation
Date: 09/30/2009
From: Alyosha@hotmail.com
To: wsskinner@earthlink.com

Walt,

Camping?

FISHING???

Have you lost your mind? It's October, you know.

Alex

PS—No, don't meet me at the airport. I'll be picking up a rental.

Subject: Thanks
Date: 09/30/2009
From: Alyosha@hotmail.com
To: wsskinner@earthlink.com

Hi Walt!

I really appreciate you offering to let me stay at your place while I apartment hunt. Hope you meant it, because I'm taking you up on it. After so many years of hotel rooms and restaurant food, I really hate the idea of temporary digs.

No, I don't mind camping (when the weather is NICE). Haven't done any fishing. I'm willing to learn, though. As long as you don't actually expect me to eat 'em. Fish... ugh.

Alex

Subject: This-n-that
Date: 10/30/2009
From: Alyosha@hotmail.com
To: wsskinner@earthlink.com

Walt,

I mailed numerous boxes to your address yesterday. Clothing, CD's, personal papers—that kind of shit. Hopefully, they'll arrive before the 5th.

Guest room, you say? (taking a huge chance, here) Or, are you just offering me the chance to sleep alone? I really enjoyed sharing your bed that night— best sleep I'd had in years... And, I meant what I said about wanting to wait before moving on to a more, er, becoming closer.

Unless, of course, a 'relationship' isn't what you have in mind. Might as well warn you now: I have developed strong feelings for you. Hell, I'm well on my way to falling in love with you.

But, if (lustful?) friendship is all you feel for me, well... I can learn to live with that.

Alex

PS: I can't BELIEVE I just wrote this! Hitting 'send' before I chicken out.

There ya go—I'll get Hope 6 done soon. I hope.

###

jennieemcg@aol.com

TITLE: Hope Interlude
AUTHOR: Jennie
DISCLAIMER: Do I really have to say it again? WAAAAAH Oh, okay—not my characters, no copyright infringement intended
FANDOM: X Files
PAIRING: Sk/K
RATING: G
ARCHIVE: Sure thaing
Spoilers: Post series. No spoilers, per say - and, as always I'm deep in denial! Krycek is NOT dead. NONONONONO!!!
SUMMARY: Email, Alex style
BETAS: Ursula and Josan and Peach, oh my
NOTES: Ahem... this'n be for Urs and Bermille. Just to tide them over until I get Hope 6 done.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Resources] [Home]