Go to notes and disclaimers


Take Me Away Part Four

Then There Were Three
by Wax Jism


Just another city, another stinking backstreet alley. Sounds of a fight draw my attention, I smell blood. And there he is. Xander. Skinnier, older, harder, colder. Nevertheless, one helluva blast from the past. And from the look of it, in one big world of shit. Black-clad, spiky of hair, cut and bruised and bleeding. Giving as good as he was getting, sure, but there were three of them and he was faltering.

Alex next to me, noticing my interest. His eyes narrow. He thinks I'm being soft again, caring about a stranger getting his ass kicked. Then he sees my face. He is a sharp man, very quick in grasping the content of expressions.

"You know that guy?" His voice, husky and dark, as always sending delightful little tingles down my spine. Not now, not now. I nod quickly, giving him a wiggle of eyebrow, and big puppydog eyes. A plea. Not that I really have to ask. He might do it just for fun.

He shrugs casually, and is off without another look. Sleek as a panther and twice as deadly. Lightning fast. I can see his distaste in the contemptuous curl of his mouth, but I know it's not for Xander. Alex's contempt is reserved for the sorry assholes that are about to die. Being the force of nature that he is, Alex despises thugs like that, who go about their dastardly deeds in craven numbers, three huge leathermonkeys against one lost teenager. Three big, ugly, reeking pushers pimps gangbangers. I can smell death in the small alley. The adrenaline of fear coming from Xander. The adrenaline of excitement from Alex. The adrenaline of violence from the men. Blood, garbage, bile.

They are too preoccupied with turning Xander into a bloody pulp to notice Alex coming up behind them. Even if they weren't they might still not notice him. Stealth is not something he has to work on, it's the way he exists. I press my back into the wall, the anticipation of imminent violence, imminent death, making my head spin.

Alex could take these stupid thugs with one arm tied behind his back. Snakebite punch to the face, angled just right for that lethal bonechip-to-the-brain effect. There—his arm around the next guy's neck—they don't know what the fuck hit them, and one's down already. And what did he do with his legs just now? Too fast, too skilled to follow, but there is a satisfying crunch, and the beefy thug hits the ground with a broken neck. So far, not much blood spilled. I know Alex likes to splatter it around a little for effect. Yes, I am aware that he might enjoy this a little too much, but what can you do? I wait and see what he'll do with the one remaining walking dead man. The animated corpse in question has caught on finally, and is making a mad dash for the street. Coming towards me, in fact. I have no fear of him. Alex is coming for him, and there is nothing between the man and his imminent demise. Like a fox pouncing a mole, Alex is on the guy, and there, the flicker of the switchblade. A pregnant second when nothing happens, and then suddenly the guy has a new, red grin across his throat, matching the grimace of fear that twists his face. I've never looked into the face of a dying man before, and I can't turn away. I can see him lose consciousness just before he falls.

And Alex, avoiding the spray of blood with practiced ease, wiping his blade. His eyes are dilated, his face shining with the euphoria of the hunt. I know what he feels. We are kin, after all. Although there is nothing supernatural about him, he's as much wolf as I am. He keeps it wrapped tightly most of the time, but when there is need it steps forward and revels in the shedding of blood by the bucketful. The wolf in me can smell a natural born killer like that a mile away.

His eyes, black and huge in the murky lighting, seek mine. I peel my back off the wall I've been leaning against, and step into his arms. With something like a growl, he attacks my mouth with his, leaving me breathless and panting. He is delicately flushed and horny as hell. I know that if I let him, he'd fuck me senseless right here, in front of three dead bodies. In front of Xander.

Xander. With an effort, I tear myself away, ignoring Alex's disappointed hiss, ignoring the throbbing in my groin, and face Xander. He is staring at Alex with eyes turned waif-like in a face bonier than I remember. He doesn't see me, which is no surprise. I am so small and dun, practically invisible next to the colorful menace that is Alex. His choirboy-gone-bad looks and his air of barely contained violence make him a magnet for attention. Even when he's trying to be inconspicuous, dulling the magic sheen of his charisma, he still eclipses me.

Xander is slowly backing up, never taking his eyes off Alex, resisting an impulse to flee. He reeks of blood and panic.

Alex's hand around my waist, slipping down, cupping my ass. A bolt of lightning straight into my aching cock. Damn, I just can't think when he's touching me.

And then Xander's eyes shift, and he sees me, really sees just who the hell Alex is pawing, and his mouth falls open in a great big `O' of surprise. I have to bite down a giggle. Leaner, meaner, perhaps, but still the same Xander.

xx

Part Five

wax_jism@yahoo.com

Rating: NC-17 for non-consensual m/m sex.
Type thingy: Crossover with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. K/Oz. Set in the unaccounted-for time between Apocrypha and Tunguska (which doesn't fit at all in the Slayer timeline, but I know that, so it's okay). Part of a series (the rest can be found at http://www.almightyinc.com/wax.jism).
Spoilers: X: Apocrypha. BtVS: Phases.
Disclaimer: Well, I just bet we'll never see this on TV, but I'm sure CC and JW are okay with me borrowing the boys for this little adventure. Right...
Feedback: Please let me know if I'm doing anything right. wax_jism@yahoo.com

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]