Go to notes and disclaimers


No Card From Alex
by Ursula


Mulder entered the room and promptly heard Alex's voice cataloging obscenities in three languages. He found Alex in front of the computer, wearing his favorite tight-enough- to- be- painted -on- his- body cutoffs. Mmm, all that naked pretty flesh!

Alex casually looked around and said, "Hey, Mulder, what's up?"

Mulder looked at the computer screen and said, "Uh, I am now!"

Mulder studied the screen on which Alex had entered a large graphic of a birthday cake plus a stark-naked and smiling picture of himself.

As Mulder watched, Alex added an equally nude picture of him. Mulder said, "Alex, what the hell are you doing?"

Alex replied, "I am trying to make a birthday card for Frankie!" He rapidly clicked some keys and the naked figures morphed into something that looked like an octopus doing a jig. "Oh, shit," He frantically erased the mistake and the entire screen went blue. He collapsed over the keyboard.

Mulder sighed and said, "Alex, you know I love you?"

Alex said, "Well, in some stories you do and in some you don't. It's hard waking up with your reality shifting every few minutes. But, yeah, most of the time you do love me. I love you too, but it's not helping me do this."

Mulder said, "I think you are brilliant, Alex, but are you sure you know what you're doing?"

Alex brought the computer back up and started the graphics program he had been using. He said, "What I wanted to do was to have us jump out of the cake and then do the wild thing in the middle of it. This program said it was an easy way to created morphed pictures and animate them."

Mulder winced as Alex glared at the screen, opening pictures and graphics. Fuzzy cut out lines and snipping sound effects illustrated his progress. Alex worked and swore. After half an hour, he uttered a cry of triumph and said, "Got it." He leaned back; eyes closed and mouth smiling.

Mulder studied the mess on the screen and said, "Alex, my head is on the back of a bird's and your head is..." He couldn't help it. He rolled on the floor laughing. Alex's head had migrated to sprout from the rear of the Mulder JPEGs rear anatomy.

Alex groaned and then tackled Mulder on the floor. His face soon looked less angry and he said, "To hell with it. I don't know how ned and leny do it. I can't. I think I'll write a dumb little birthday snippet for Frankie instead."

"After..." Mulder said.

"After?" Alex asked.

Mulder said something, but it was muffled by his attempts to unzip the skintight cutoffs with his teeth. He looked up and said, "Yeah, after we take this to the bedroom."

Alex switched off the computer and said, "Now, that's an idea."

As they walked into the bedroom, Alex remarked, "That was a pretty hot story she had on that other list. Do you think she'll ever write another "Just Talking" story?"

Mulder said, "I don't know. Where is that mind control program you took from Cancer-man?"

Alex grinned wickedly and said, "In a safe place...Think we'll have to use it?"

xx

ursula4x@Aol.com

Happy Birthday, Frankie!
No Card From Alex (Just a snip for one of my favorite writers)
By Ursula
Disclaimer: No harm was done to fictional characters in this snippet. Chris Carter, Fox, and 1013 productions own the characters.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]