Go to notes and disclaimers


Road Trip
by Starfish

Part Three
On the Road


Alex's eyes were wild. "Cell phone, where did I leave my fucking cell phone..."

Mulder fished his out of his jacket and held it out. "Here." Uncharacteristically, he refrained from further speech.

Alex mumbled his thanks as he dialled, pacing the length of the dining room. The call was finally answered at the other end. "Rico, it's me. Yes , I just now...well, I didn't know ...do NOT tell me to calm down...I'm at a friend's house...just tell me where ...fuck. How sure are you it's him? Yeah... All right . Listen, I've got to go. I need to get some cash for the trip, the bank's gonna close...are you insane? Jesus, I never thought I'd hear the letters A, T, and M come out of your mouth...I know...No, I'm driving...because I don't like airports anymore...Okay, here, talk to Mulder... Yes , your Mulder, how the hell many Mulders do I know?" He tossed the phone to Mulder and said "Back in half an hour," as he headed out the door.

Mulder stared at the closing door, then at the phone in his hand. It was squawking his name, so he carefully put it to his ear. //Who do I know named Rico?// "Hello?"

He was surprised to hear a familiar voice. "Mulder? What the hell are you doing there?"

"Langly?" //Langly is Rico. Langly knows Alex is alive . What next?// "Langly, please tell me what is going on here. Wait—do Byers and Frohike know about Alex?"

"No, nobody else; just me and now you, I guess. Mulder, how did you find out? Dude, is Scully there? This is so bad."

"Scully doesn't know, she and I parted ways yesterday and Alex picked me up on the side of the highway. Now... WHAT IS GOING ON?"

He heard a sigh from the other end of the phone line. "It's really Alex's story, Mulder. I can't—"

"He told you to talk to me. Talk."

"Dude, I've known you a long time. But Alex and I go back even further. And this is his story, to tell or not as he chooses. Tell him I'm emailing all the info I found. He can call back if he needs anything else. And Mulder—do NOT tell anyone else that Alex is still alive. Or he won't be. And then I will come after you myself."

Mulder was shocked into silence. This was not the Langly he knew. This was not the highly intelligent but totally geeky flake who balanced so well with Byers' calm good nature and Frohike's surly cynicism. This person actually sounded like he might be a threat to Mulder's continued good health if he was crossed. //Do I really know who anybody is?//

"Mulder? Did you get that?"

"Yeah, Langly, I got it. Uh—don't worry about it."

" 'Kay. Later, dude." And the call was disconnected.

Mulder came back to himself after a moment and found his hostess staring at him. "What's going on?" he asked helplessly, not really expecting an answer anymore, but unable to keep from asking the question.

Debbie frowned. "Fox, it's really not something I feel like I can tell you. It's bad enough that I slipped up earlier. If Alex wants you to know, he'll tell you. I'm sorry, but—" she broke off and considered him carefully. "How many people do you trust, Fox? Really trust, with your life ?"

"Scully, the Gunmen and I guess Alex, now. Five."

"Well, as far as I know, for Alex the answer to that would be two. Me, and this Rico guy. Rico gives him information, and I give him a place to come home to. And we both give him our silence. He's never asked for much from me, and I can't take anything away from him. When he gets back, you can ask him to explain. Just trust me on this one, Fox. It's very painful for Alex to talk about, so don't push too much. But it's very important to him.

"Can you—if he tells you what it's all about, can you go with him? He won't ask you to go with him. He might say he doesn't want you to. But he needs you."

Mulder smiled at this. After recent events, he was even more sure that Alex Krycek could take care of himself, regardless of the number of arms he possessed. "He won't thank you for that, you know. He doesn't need my protection at all."

"I'm not worried about that. I know he can take care of himself in a fight. But he'll try to drive straight through to Wyoming; he'll forget to eat; he's just not thinking straight right now. He needs someone to insist on stopping after eight hours of driving to get some sleep. He needs someone to make him eat lunch. And he needs someone to talk to, so he doesn't have to think so much. Can you do it? Will you?"

"I don't have much experience being the voice of reason. But if he wants me along, I'll go."

"Good. I'll go dig his stuff out from the storage closet. He'll probably need some of it."

As Debbie went upstairs, Mulder suddenly realized he hadn't yet called Scully. //Dana,// he reminded himself. // She wants me to call her Dana .// He dialed her new home number and listened to the ringing. //Should have thought of a cover story before I dialed. Damn, I'm not too good at this covert stuff yet. Maybe Alex can give me some lessons.//

A sleepy baritone voice intruded into his thoughts. "Hello?"

//Shit. Of course it had to be him. It's his house .// "Uh, good morning, s—Walter. Is Dana there?"

"Who is this?"

"It's me. Mulder."

"Oh. Sorry, you just never—wait, I'll get her."

Klunk of phone on table, rustling of sheets, footsteps. //Damn. I think I woke him up. // He heard Skinner's voice, faintly. "Dana? It's Mulder. I think."

Then he heard an extension picked up. "Mulder? Where are you?"

//Normal, normal, everything's fine...// "Hi, Dana. I hope I didn't wake Walter up."

"No, he was up all night with the baby, and—Mulder, are you all right? Is there someone listening? Oh God, have you been kidnapped?"

Mulder was stuck on a new mental picture of Skinner—walking the floor with a colicky infant, singing softly—or maybe a boot camp drill cadence? "I don't know but I've been told..." He mentally slapped himself and reviewed the conversation. Kidnapped?

"No, I'm fine. What are you talking about?"

"You called me Dana. You called him Walter ."

"Didn't you ask me to?"

"Yes, months ago, Mulder. And you never did. So I gave up. Never mind. Are you home? I'm sorry about last night, Mulder. I guess I wasn't really ready to go out in the field yet. I was just worried about leaving the baby like that, and it kind of spilled over onto you. Can you come over for dinner? Walt's making his world-famous chili."

//Think fast, Oxford-boy.// "I'm not home, Scully. I'm still in Connecticut. I just talked to Langly, and he needs me to do something for him in New Hampshire. I don't know when I'll be back, really. Could be two weeks or more."

Her voice was cool. "Okay, that's fine."

"Really, Sc—Dana. I'm not upset about last night. In fact, I should be apologizing to you. I'm so sorry, Dana. I really haven't been myself lately. You had every reason in the world to be pissed off at me. You probably should have done something like that years ago."

"Yeah, well, you never let me drive." But her voice sounded amused now. It would be okay between them again. It could never be the same , but that was okay, too. Everything has to change to stay alive, even friendships.

Mulder ended the call with a promise to be in touch when he could and a kiss for the baby.

When Alex finally walked in the door forty-five minutes later, Mulder was watching CNN again, but he shut it off quickly. He had been trying to plan what to ask, how to approach the situation so it didn't seem like an interrogation. He still had no good ideas, but it was showtime. As he watched Alex walk warily into the room, he realized what he needed to do.

"Langly said he would email the rest of what you needed."

"Okay, thanks. I'll go look at it. Where's Deb?"

"She went to make lunch. Something about making sure you get a decent meal for a change."

"Yeah, that's my Deb. So...?"

Mulder just waited.

Alex raised an eyebrow. "No interrogation? No 'Twenty Questions'? Could I check the back of your neck, please?"

Mulder patted the couch next to him, and waited for Alex to sit down. Then he said, "You can tell me what you want to, Alex. I won't deny that I'm curious. It's really very hard for me not to ask you what the hell is going on. But the only two people you seem to trust in this world have both told me that it's your decision what you want me to know, and I'm going to respect that. I called Scully and made up a story about going to New Hampshire for a week or two to look into something for Langly. I'd like to go with you, wherever you're going. You promised me a road trip, remember? But it's up to you."

Alex's eyes searched Mulder's as he tried to take in this new facet of his personality. He said, slowly, "You didn't tell Scully where you were?"

Mulder chuckled. "Hell, no, Langly threatened my very existence if I breathed a word to anybody. But I'd already figured out that I need to keep it a secret. I realize I have no right to ask for your trust, Alex, after the way I've mistreated you over the years. But I'm hoping to earn it someday."

Just then, Debbie bustled in to announce that lunch was ready. Alex made some noises about needing to check the email from Langly, but he was overruled by the simple expedient of Mulder grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen. Debbie served them their lunch, and then left to run some errands.

As they ate and talked of generalities, Alex slowly relaxed. Mulder was truly not going to hound him about this. That actually made it much harder. //I told him I wouldn't lie to him any more, why doesn't he just ask me what he wants to know? I mean, I want to tell him, but I don't know how. Well, if I start talking, I'm sure he won't be able to resist digging.//

"Okay, Mulder, I'm very impressed with your self-control. Where do you want to start?"

"Well, if I get to choose the topic, I think I'll take 'Secret Lives of the Lone Gunmen' for 200, Alex." Mulder looked very pleased with himself.

"Ah. Rico."

"Alex, nobody calls him 'Rico'."

" I do. I met him before he decided on 'Ringo', which by the way I tried to talk him out of."

"Okay, go on. I apologize for the interruption."

Alex made a mock bow and then thought for a moment. "We met in college, freshman year. He was my roommate. Well, one of them. The other one was a redneck football player. I really think there's a wide streak of sadism in the people in charge of housing assignments. Anyway, Rico and I became friends, and the other guy flunked out after a semester."

Mulder waited while the pause expanded. He was having trouble concentrating on the food in front of him, almost visibly jittering with curiosity by now. // Who's dead? I need to know!! But I can't just ask. I can't . He has to tell me. He has to trust me enough to tell me.//

Alex's voice finally broke the silence. "Mulder, I can't do this."

The pain sliced through him like one of Scully's autopsy incisions. //Shit shit shit. Well, what did you expect? Beat up on somebody for six or seven years; they're not going to feel all warm and fuzzy towards you.// He sighed. "It's okay, Alex, I understand. I'll rent a car of my own and go back—"

"No, I mean—I can't just sit here and talk about my life like this. It's —it's completely foreign to me. I've never done this; I don't know what to tell you, what to leave out, where to start...so just go ahead and ask me. I want to tell you everything, Mulder, and I will. But it's fifteen years of backstory, and we don't have time. So do your thing, ask the important questions, and we can get on the road."

"You—you'll let me go with you?"

"Mulder, I know that look in your eye. If I said no, you'd probably follow me anyway. Which would piss me off, and we don't need that. 'Cause, you know, I found the duct tape." But he was smiling as he said it, a sexy, evil smirk which gave Mulder a glimmer of hope for the future. Their future.

"Oh, Alex, you say the sweetest things..." Mulder said with a smirk of his own, and waited until Alex stopped choking on the bite of food he had been trying to swallow. "Okay, how 'bout if I start with five questions?"

"Such restraint! Go ahead."

"Give me a minute here, I need to make them count. Okay, here's number one: is Krycek your real name?"

"Ahh, good one. Yes, it is my legal name. No, it is not the name I was born with. I was born Alexander Paul Davidson. I changed it when I turned twenty-one."

"Hmmm ... What was your major in college?"

"I had a double major, actually. Computer Science and Criminal Justice. Do not laugh." Mulder shook his head, lips tightly pressed together. "Okay. I graduated with a 3.80 GPA, and went to work writing software. I had applied to the FBI Academy, and although they were quite impressed with my grades, they were less than thrilled by my mother's background—two steps away from the steppes, as one of my interviewers put it. I hope he's burning in hell right now. Anyway, I was writing software, mostly databases in those days, a few games for fun; nobody knew then what would happen in just a few years. And then one day a man came up to my table when I was eating lunch. He told me he could get me into the FBI Academy, if I still wanted it. He ran a special division, sort of a watchdog group. Very secret, black ops, shhh. And he had seen my application and he wanted me. I think you can guess the rest, Mulder."

Mulder nodded. "Question three: Are you still with the KGB?"

"Hmmm. The question presumes facts not in evidence, your honor. Comrade Arntzen is still a member in good standing, as it were. However, the good comrade is missing and presumed dead, so I would have to say no to that one. I was never a member of the KGB, Mulder. Just like I wasn't really part of that militia group. It's astounding what kind of documentation you can come up with given a computer and a really dedicated hacker."

"How are you financing this little jaunt?"

Alex bristled a bit at that one. "Nervous about blood money, Mulder?" At Mulder's patient stare, he relaxed. "Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Okay, remember I said I started out working in software design? I had a knack for spotting problems before they could happen, and that meant my programs ran smoother and needed fewer upgrades than others. Not to brag, Mulder, but everything I wrote was Y2K compliant even back in 1986. I made sure to get my name on the licenses of all my work. Well, Alex Davidson still gets very nice royalty checks from the first products I licensed, and I've been busy on other little projects over the years. Deb is my distributor. We take orders for games and utilities on the website, and she sends the software out and keeps the books. It's a fairly lucrative business. Of course, it's not quite as exciting as my former profession, but I think we both know exciting isn't always what I'm looking for in a job description."

"Are you ready for the last question?"

"Yes." He was absolutely ready. He knew what was coming. He would answer in a dry, calm, unemotional voice, and then it would be over. "Ask the question, Mulder."

"So tell me Alex—this road trip we're taking—am I Thelma or Louise?"

Alex's eyes opened wide, and he started to laugh. He laughed so hard he forgot how to breathe. Then, with barely a change of expression, he started to cry. Mulder pulled his chair over beside Alex, and put an arm around his shoulders. Alex turned his face into the older man's shoulder, and Mulder's other arm came around him to hold him tight. "Shhh, it's okay, I know, shhh, I've got you," he murmured. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"It's okay, Mulder," Alex said. He raised his head and sat back in his chair. Mulder handed him a napkin off the table to wipe his face. "I'm okay. It's just—"

"You thought I was going to ask who died."

"Yeah, I was all set for that one. Damn you, anyway. You never do what I expect you to."

"But I already know. It was your father, wasn't it? You had Langly working on finding him, and he did. So now you're going to Wyoming, to see why he never came back. To see what was so much better than you and your mother to keep him there. And you're angry because he died before you could talk to him; before you could tell him you had survived without him."

Alex just stared.

"Will it insult your intelligence if I tell you that nothing any five- year-old boy ever did made his father leave home?"

"Jesus, Mulder, you really are spooky."

"To quote a friend of mine, 'Yeah, I am. It's what I do.' "

Alex smiled. "That sounds really good, Mulder. Us being friends, I mean. It's a good start." He sighed. "Let's get going. I've got to check out that information Langly sent, and plan the trip. You wanna help?"

xx

Alex's father, Paul Davidson, had been living under the name of David Paulson ("He wasn't even trying ," Alex complained), in the town of Jackson, Wyoming. According to the trip-planning software Alex used, it would be a five-day trip, if they drove eight hours each day. They printed out the directions and a map, and combed through the information Langly had sent, getting "Paulson's" last address and workplace.

Debbie came back from her errands with three bags of Alex's favorite "car food" for the trip. While they were trying to fit the bags into the car, Mulder remembered that he was out of clean clothes, having packed for only a three day trip. There was a flurry of laundry and repacking.

They were finally ready to leave by three. Almost.

"What do you mean, I can't drive?"

"Mulder, it's my car. I get to drive. If I want you to take the wheel once in a while, I'll let you know. Get in."

"Fine, passenger picks the music."

" Fine , they're all my CD's anyway."

"Can we at least put the top down?"

"Yeah, okay, we'll put the top down. Crybaby."

"I heard that!"

"You were meant to."

But they were laughing as the hugged Debbie goodbye and pulled out of the driveway. First stop, Erie, Pennsylvania, just because Mulder liked the name. Just because.

xx

Mulder's voice came from out of the darkness, sounding like a documentary narrator. "Day fifty-three...supplies running low...may be forced to eat Alex to stay alive..."

The meal in question giggled. "Do I get any say in that, Mulder?"

"Yeah, you can pick the body part I start with."

//Did he just say that? 'Cause if it's my choice, I'm pretty sure I know what part of me I'd like to stick in his mouth. Damn. It's gonna be a long trip.//

"I still can't believe we're driving to Wyoming."

"Hey, I like this car. I'm not gonna abandon it if I don't have to. And I'm in no particular hurry to get there. He's not going anywhere. You're just upset because I won't let you drive."

"Am not."

"Stop pouting. I find that very unattractive in a man." //Although on you, it looks way too good.//

"Oh? And what do you find attractive?"

//He's doing it again. Why now? Why me?...Shit, why not?//

"Are you flirting with me, Mulder?"

"Just asking a question. Are you gonna answer it?"

Alex took a deep breath and let it out. Not quite a sigh, but almost. //Okay, big guy, you really wanna know? Just don't hurt yourself jumping out of the car.// "A sick sense of humor and a nice firm ass. Any other questions?"

Mulder just smiled. It was a start. And now that they were on the road, who knew what would happen...

xx

That night in the first in their parade of econo-motel rooms, after determining the total lack of interesting television programs, Mulder nagged Alex into continuing the game of "Name that Movie" they had started in the car. Each reclining on his own bed now, barefoot and sprawled, comfortable with each other in ways they hadn't ever been before.

" 'We're gonna need a bigger boat.' "

"Too easy. Jaws. My turn...hmmm...'I don't know if I agree with your police work 100% there, Lou.' "

"Fargo. Okay, let me think...got one! 'If Marxie Heller's so fuckin' smart, how come he's so fuckin' dead ?' "

"Prizzi's Honor."

"Damn, I thought I had you on that one, Mulder. I am seriously running out of movies here. We need a new game. Your turn."

"I really want to kiss you right now."

Silence.

"Did you hear me, Alex?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking. That's a tough one. Gimme a hint."

"It's not a quote, Alex; it's just a fact."

"You...what?" Suddenly there was no air in the room. Alex couldn't draw a breath. // I must be dreaming.// "Mulder...?"

"Fox. Please. I want to hear you say it."

" Mulder , are you joking? Because I—shit! Since when are you—?"

The older man laughed. "Since the first time I saw you. I thought 'God, I have got to get him out of that suit.' I was so lost in mentally undressing you, I completely missed the whole hand- shake moment. Alex, I've known I was bi since high school. It's just not very often I meet anyone who's worth the trouble."

"And...are you saying...?"

"I still want you. If you feel the same, that is."

Alex's voice came softly. "Fox... I—I do. I've wanted that since I met you."

His name on Alex's lips sent desire surging through Mulder. "So why are you still waay over there on the other bed?" he asked, teasingly.

The voice was rough now. "I'm afraid to move. I've had this dream before... and waking up just when I reach out for you is—it's really a drag."

"Alex, you're not dreaming. This is me; this is real . And if you're not going to move, I guess I will." With that, Mulder arose from his bed and took the two steps across to Alex. He sank down onto the mattress and placed his hand on Alex's warm thigh. He could feel the tension there, and began to massage it away, moving his hand slowly up to the heat above.

Alex moaned, then reached out for... Fox . He had always called Mulder that in his fantasies, and now—.

It was strange to feel so tentative, so...unsure. He was always the aggressor when it came to sex, whether it was a man or woman in the bed. Big bad Alex the stud. And now he had no idea how to proceed. This was so far out of reality—well, look who he was talking about. But he knew he needed to kiss that mouth, right now , before Mulder came to his senses and realized what he was doing. He reached out, grasped the back of Mulder's head and pulled him in. Just one kiss.

This wasn't just a kiss, though. It was more, so much more that it had no name, only feeling. Heat. Blazing heat, too-close-to-a- bonfire heat, bone-melting, soul-destroying, // please God don't let it stop // heat. Tongues searching for their mates, circling, duelling, //I win, you win// . And the taste of him. Salt from those damn seeds, coffee from dinner, a bit of cinnamon; it was indefinable. It was incredible. It was everything.

After what seemed about twenty-seven years, Alex came back to himself enough to know that Mulder was trying to take off his shirt. His hands were roaming around Alex's chest, until they encountered the straps of his prosthesis. And stopped.

//Shit. This is the part that always stopped me before. Sometimes I can almost forget it's there. Nice ride while it lasted.//

Mulder drew back, feeling the hesitation, and looked into Alex's face. Watched the honest emotions that had been there a moment before fade away to be hidden behind the mask he had always hated. The one that so coolly looked out over the world and let no one inside. He needed to crack that mask, smash it into a million pieces and sweep it away so it couldn't be found again.

"Alex, please, let me—" Mulder pulled the shirt over Alex's head and down his arms. His fingers found the fastenings of the straps and fumbled a bit. Alex didn't stop him, but didn't help either.

And then Mulder saw why. The scars were ugly. There was no other word for it—oh, maybe horrific, but that wasn't any better. //Look what I did to him. My selfish, foolish, blind search for a truth that was never there. How can he not hate me every day of his life? How can he let me touch him, let me near him?// Mulder's eyes closed, and he bowed his head. "Oh, God, Alex, I—I'm sorry. I never—"

Alex was up and moving away before the next words could be spoken. His voice was bitter. "It's okay, Mulder. Really. I understand. How can anybody want to—"

" No ." The word was a whipcrack. Alex stopped and looked back to the bed where Mulder still sat, head in his hands. Saw the anguish on the face as the head was raised, saw the tears in the eyes that met his. "No, Alex, I didn't mean—don't ... Please. It's just hard for me to ... face what I did to you. What my arrogance cost you. I don't feel disgust, or pity, or anything close to that. I'm just so fucking sorry. And I don't know how I can ever make it right. How you can let me touch you after ..."

Alex was across the room in two steps. He knelt beside the bed and put his hand on the side of Mulder's face. Looked deep into the tormented eyes. "I don't blame you anymore, Mulder. Listen to me. It was no one's fault entirely. Blame the bastards who started the testing. Blame the idiots who started cutting off people's arms. Hell, blame Marita for getting you the papers. It was the end product of a long string of events, and God knows I had my own part in them. If you hadn't mistrust—no. If I hadn't given you every reason to mistrust me, maybe you wouldn't have thrown me in the back of that truck. But I knew they were listening in that cell. I couldn't give you any reassurances. And you wouldn't have believed them anyway.

"It's the past , Mulder. All of it. And I want to move on. Do you?" He held his breath and waited for the answer.

It came in the form of another kiss. This one was all sweetness and promise, a taste of things to come. Alex moved up off his knees, feeling one pop as he did. // Damn, am I getting too old for this?// He pushed Mulder back against the pillows and deepened the kiss. Heat again, and something else now. He was in charge and it felt good. Felt great . Like nothing ever before. All his fantasies, in this one man. "Stay right there - don't you dare move."

He stood up and began to unfasten his jeans. Stared straight into Mulder's eyes as he slowly peeled down the zipper. Worked the tight denim down past his impossibly hard cock. Past his knees, down to his ankles, to be kicked off. His briefs followed the jeans into the corner under the chair, and then he was back on the bed. "Your turn, Mulder. Strip for me. Make it good."

Mulder's eyes said he understood about being in charge, and just this once he wouldn't fight about it. He stood and stretched for effect, then walked over to the dresser. Leaning one hip against it, he began to work the buttons of his blue oxford shirt. One by one, they released, revealing the ever-so-gorgeous chest that Alex remembered. Leaving the shirt hanging from his shoulders, he caressed his pecs, sliding his fingertips over the hardening nipples. Lowering his hands now, he popped the first button of his jeans. Then the second. Third.

Alex's cock was twitching with need, but this show was so fine; too entrancing to interrupt. //Who knew Mulder could be like this? Was there a sign I missed? I really thought I had him pegged, after all these years. And what am I complaining about? Fuck, he's so beautiful.//

Mulder smiled. "Alex? So are you."

//Fuck, that was out loud. I've lost it.//

"Don't stop now , dammit. I want you naked."

"I thought you said to make it good?"

"Jesus, Mulder if you don't stop arguing with me..."

"Yeesss?"

"I have a much better use for your mouth."

"Really? And what would that be?"

" Mulder. Pants. Off. Now."

For a wonder, Mulder obeyed quickly and almost leapt onto the bed. Hands moved over skin, touching, teasing, loving. Mouths following hands, licking, nipping, tasting. A storm of feelings and pleasure, with no clear end in sight. Alex found himself turned over onto his stomach, and then...

For the second time that night, he felt Mulder freeze. He craned his head around to see what the problem was, and found the hazel-golden gaze fixed on his ass. Specifically on the left buttock.

"Alex?"

//Ooops//

"Alex, could you please help me out here? An explanation of some kind?"

"I was very drunk, Mulder. It was right after—well, let's just say I thought I'd never see you again."

"I see. So you get some woman's name tattooed on your ass to celebrate?"

"What?"

"Alex, who the fuck is Lisa?"

Alex started to laugh. He couldn't help it. Samuel Beckett couldn't have written a scene this absurd. He turned over and pulled Mulder down on top of him, nestling their cocks together.

"Mulder—Fox—baby, are you jealous?"

"Well, I—no, " he pouted.

Alex laughed harder. "It's not a woman's name in Russian."

"What?"

"It's Russian . It's the Russian word for 'fox'. It's your name, you idiot. Sometimes when I drink, I forget how to speak English. Evidently when I told the tattoo artist what I wanted it to say, I—well, he didn't question it. And I kinda liked it. Like a secret only I would ever appreciate. Still mad?"

A smile stole across Mulder's face. "Depends...can I say that your ass is mine, now?"

"It always has been. Always."

Mulder responded by grinding his crotch sharply into Alex's. "Prove it."

"I was trying to, before you had your little hissy fit..."

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that one."

"Oooh, I'm so scared . Whatcha gonna do, big strong FBI man? Handcuffs?"

"Will you stop laughing ?"

"Make m—mmmphmmmm"

// Dear God in heaven, whatever I did to get to this, I promise to do it more often, but please don't let him stop.//

Strong hands stroking over his shoulders, down the one arm, and gently, so gently over the ruins of the other. Kisses on his face, his neck, his ear

// tickles, ooh, so good//

down to the collarbone. Sucking, biting, licking,

//leave a mark, I dare you//

...down to the chest.

// Lower, lower, oh yesss, rightthere. Mmm.//

Hands on his cock now, petting it like a kitten

//where the fuck did that thought come from?//

and now the mouth on him, and //ohhhhhhhhgodohgodohgod//

"Alex?"

"Hmm"

"Hey!"

"Wha-?"

"Do you have—um—supplies?"

//oh no not NOW don't stop NOW//

"Mulder, you don't have condoms?"

" Alex , I was on a case with Scully , for chrissakes. Why would I bring condoms? It's been quite a while since I've needed them."

"Check. Your. Wallet. Because I may have to shoot someone if you are not in my ass in like three seconds."

"Greedy slut. Owww." Mulder winced at the fingers twisting his left nipple and got up. "I'm checking my wallet now...Hey! I forgot about these! They were a present from Frohike last Christmas."

"Mulder, please tell me they aren't really that color."

"Yeah, and look—they have little eyes, too."

"Oh, God, why me? All right, get your frighteningly green alien- head condoms and your lovely ass over here and fuck me. Now."

"Are you always going to be this bossy?"

"I really think I might."

"Good, 'cause I like it. For now."

A beautiful smile, a growl, a moan...//who was that? Does it matter?// Lube? Little bottle of lotion from the bathroom works just fine...

"...nownownownownow. Oh. GOD. yesyesyes"

Afterglow...

"Alex..."

"Now what?"

"I love you."

"Mmm. You better."

"That's all I get?"

"Depends."

"On?"

"Can I call you Fox when you're not trying to seduce me?"

"Depends."

"I love you, Fox."

"Oh, yeah. That works."

"Do you think it'll always be..."

"That much fun? We can but try, I suppose."

"Sounds like a plan, Thelma. OW!"

xx

dbaker01201@yahoo.com

Part 4: Room 287

Series: Road Trip
Title: On the Road
Author: Starfish
Summary: After the events of "Existence", things happen. To Mulder, of course. "Cause it's all about Mulder, after all. Or is it? Bwahaha...
Spoilers: Yes, for Season Eight and other various eps.
Rating: NC-17 Woo hoo! M/M sex in this, beware! A bit of angst, too, not too much. And silliness.
Disclaimer: Hey! Chris threw 'em away! So they're mine now. Right? Oh. Well, until he wants 'em back, I'll just hang on to them, okay?
Notes: I've followed canon up until the very last moment of "Existence". Whew! ::wipes brow:: This is set about three months after. Somebody wanted the boys in a convertible. This is my attempt. Mucho thanks to my way cool beta, Wildy. She really had to rein in the schmoop factor on this one. She kicks ass! This is part 3 of the series I started with "Rest Stop" and "Homecoming." I don't know how much further we've got to go; they won't let me drive. But I'm really enjoying the ride!! Feedback to dbaker01201@yahoo.com
Previously, on The X-Files...
"He's in Wyoming. He's dead."

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]