Go to notes and disclaimers


Learning to Love the Hawk II

Gone One Knows Not Where
by The Spike



Vassily Peskow's apartment
Garden Ring district
Moskow, U.S.S.R
January 3, 1984

Alex blinked at stars inside his head. The slap had caught him totally off guard, snapped his head around so fast his neck tendons pinged.

"You do not disobey me, Alex," Peskow said. His voice was soft now. Heat was beginning to rush back into Alex's face in the shape of the old man's hand. His own humiliation. Rage. He opened his mouth to protest and Peskow slapped him again. Backhand this time, other cheek and heavy knuckles impacted the bone hard enough to knock him back a step.

"I said 'don't speak'." Peskow's voice still soft. In the three months since Alex had come to live in Peskow's private apartments, training under his watchful eye, Alex had yet to hear him raise his voice in anger. Like he couldn't be bothered to waste his breath... Alex's teeth ground together hard.

"You fucking son of a—" Iron fingers drove hard into his solar plexus and Alex crumpled to his knees. Agony so cold he thought he was going to lose control and nothing could get air into his lungs. He closed his eyes, folded in around the pain to protect himself from the follow-kick that never came.

Heavy boot heels walked away across the creaky floorboards. Leaving him there. Leaving him to die. Fucker. Fuck. Alex wanted to pound his rage into the floor with both his fists, wanted to scream, spit—pulverize the old man, shove him up against the wall and slam and slam...

He gasped, gulped at air—against his will. It hurt so much. Wheezing gasps brought only tiny lungfuls. Not enough to live on, but his body kept on trying. He heard the footsteps again but couldn't turn his head to look. They didn't come near him. Creak of Peskow's chair, the dull clink of a gun being dissassembled. The smell of gun oil. His own wheezy, gurgling breaths. The room was so quiet every sound seemed rimmed with gold. Alex's vision still blurred with tears of pain and rage took in the swath of faded carpet under his knees, the wedge of matte gold sunshine. Somehow it seemed unearthly beautiful. This wasn't fair.

It had been such a little stupid thing...

Peskow wouldn't even have known about it if Alex hadn't told him. And what was it? Nothing, a little rough trade. A little hand to mouth. Peskow already knew him for a whore, had sent him out to catch that cop's—Renko's—attention in the first place. He'd only done his job if it came to that—so why this bullshit. Alex managed a deeper, sobbing breath, raised his head. The room tilted roughly and he sagged back onto his heels.

Because he'd 'disobeyed'. Because Peskow's precious orders had gone unheeded, for once.

Get him away, Peskow had said. But don't get close. He mustn't be able to identify you later. But Peskow hadn't been there, had he? For a middle aged man, the cop had been fast. Enough to keep Alex within sighting distance every second of his pursuit. And persistent—through the fucking knee deep snow, across the train tracks, into the park. And Alex getting tired (and lost as the trees got thicker, though he'd never tell Peskow that) and the cop still dogging him, closing. He'd made his choice where the woods got deep.

//Turned and stopped, breathing hard, hands on his knees, as if ready to run again. But no intention of running. He could, he knew, take the man down with two quick blows. Even kill him, he supposed. It was what he'd spent the last four years learning how to do. But that would not have done. And besides, the cop had stopped when he stopped, stood there watching him in the fading light, ragged puffs of steam rising to envelope his head.

//"What do you want from me?" Alex had called over to him. The cop had merely laughed. He was not so old, Alex realized now that they were closer. And the bulk was mostly coat and muscle, not desk-fat. He was city militia, not KGB. But he was not acting as he should.

//"I wanted to find out why you ran", the cop answered. His Russian was aristocratic, as was his angular face, blonde hair.

//"I ran because you chased me," Alex said.

//"Are you a criminal? the cop had asked. "Are you carrying stolen goods?" He still seemed to be laughing, not taking this seriously at all. Russians, Alex thought. All of them bug-fuck nuts. But he didn't think he believed it of this one. There was a look there, familiar as his own face in the mirror. Alex felt himself stir under the cold, thin denim of his pants.

//"Why don't you come and search me," he said. And watched for the spark of fire in the other man's eyes. There? Not there? Hard to see in the deepening twilight, and there was a beating in it or worse if he'd judged wrong.

//"Turn around," the cop said, motioning with his head. "Hands against that tree." Alex had felt his heart kick, and turned his body slowly, not taking his eyes off the cop, even as he leaned against the tree. Rough cold bark under his fingers and palms. The sleeves of his too small jacket rucked up on his wrists. He was bareheaded, underdressed for the Moskow winter in his knock-off jeans and plastic-soled shoes. The sudden warmth at his back nearly made him writhe with pleasure. Large, strong hands ran his ribs, hips, thighs. Brushed light and hot along his obvious arousal. Heat of a warmed body in an open coat and the unmistakeable brush of hardness against his ass and this time he did writhe, pressed himself back shamelessly.

//Rabbit punch to the kidneys drove him hard against the tree. He scraped his chin going down as his knees gave out. Alarm bells ringing too late in the wreckage of his head, and he was yanked back by his collar, spun on his knees. Cold wetness of snow soaking through, right to the bone maybe.

//Big hand grabbed his head, rubbed it hard against hard heat of the man's groin—coarse wool of his pants, clean smell of bleach and aroused man underneath. Alex aching despite his fear. Because of it. The hand tightened in his hair, too long now, by half— pulled his head back hard. With his other hand the cop opened his fly, pulled himself out. Pale violet wand against the melding darkness of the woods—his cock was long and slim, steaming in the cold air.

//"Take it," he hissed. "Go on..." Alex opened his mouth and was impaled. Choked. The long cock slipping past his teeth, down into his throat in one smooth thrust. Alex gagging, tried to pull back but the big hand held his head. Thrust deep and hard, battering, tearing at him. Sputtering and choking, tears running from his eyes. He clutched at the cop's coat, hands spasming wildly unable to hold still. The big hand held him while the cop pulled back just far enough for Alex to grab a ragged gasp of air. Then thrust again, impaling him—hard and fast. Deep into his throat, he felt the tissues swelling sending little rivulets of sickly-sweet pleasure through his limbs. The pressure grew. Hard as rock in his thin, tight pants and he dropped one cold frantic hand to struggle his fly open, shove his hand to take himself.

//Ratcheting up and up as he struggled to catch breaths between rounds of thrusting. Never enough air and the night had starting to grey and sparkle at the corners of his eyes. And still the cop kept on and on and Alex found himself rocking, rocking and suddenly up on the edge of someplace wonderful and dark. And suddenly higher still and coming hard enough to crack bone, split stone, head bursting, pouring out his cock. The night world gone from grey to sparkling black. Swallowing and drowning, come rushing up to fill his sinuses, full his lungs. Big hand still holding his head and he was going to drown in come and cock and he didn't even care.//

Alex found the pain had lessened somewhat, he could manage enough air to feed his starving muscles. He struggled up onto his knees again.

"It was dark," he blurted out, his voice so odd and raspy he sounded like an old man. "He won't remember me."

Long silence, but the quiet clank and scratch of gun-cleaning stopped. Alex closed his eyes, wondering if the bullet would come now. The gentle touch of fingers on his head took him by surprise. He opened his eyes to find Peskow leaning over him, brushing his long hair out of his eyes.

"He'll remember you," Peskow said, and his other hand moved and Alex saw the gun and blanched with sudden, depthless terror. But Peskow's palm was open on the butt, holding the gun out to him, not at him. The old man's expression almost tender as he spoke words that Alex knew almost before they were even said:

"So now you will have to kill him."

xx

spike21@home.com

Disclaimer: None of these X-files characters belong to me, my intentions are entirely gormless. Arkady Renko is played by William Hurt in Gorky Park and belongs to Martin Cruz Smith and Orion pictures.
Rating: NC-17 for mature themes, sexual situations and violence.
Spoilers: None
Summary: The year is 1983; the place is Soviet Russia.
Author's notes: This is the second part of my origin story for Krycek.
It's still not finished but hell, here's what I've got so far...
WARNING: This is a WIP. Please bear with me, I'm still dancing as fast as I can.
Technical note: [[Dialogue in double square brackets is being spoken in
Russian,]] and: "Dialogue in double quotes is being spoken in English."
Acknowledgements: To Nonie above all for keeping the flame alive on this one and also Jessica Harris for kind words and some inspirational writing.
Feedback: uh-huh, public or private, to mailto:spike21@home.com

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]