Go to notes and disclaimers


The Source
by Raven


Mulder sighed, thinking to himself that, at least, things couldn't get any worse.

He was tied, face down and literally across a barrel. He had a gag in his mouth and a gun to the back of his head. His pants were bunched around his tied ankles, leaving his bare bottom very exposed. Aside from his watchdog, there was one more man in the room besides Mulder. That guy was in the process of pouring some machine oil over an erection that, he had assured Mulder, would make him glad they were going to shoot him when they were done.

It was not a moment for levity in any way, but Mulder's brain was so overcome by sheer terror that it was the only thought he could comprehend.

Mulder had scarcely begun to berate himself for being a smartass instead of thinking of a way to save his ass, when the door to the side of them opened silently and only a fraction. Mulder only noticed it because the door and the floor were all he could see.

There was a flash of something metallic and Mulder's would- be rapist crumpled to the ground, still clutching at the knife in his throat. The second man lifted the gun from Mulder's head, but he lifted it just a second too late. The figure in the doorway waited only long enough to ensure the muzzle of his opponent's gun was pointing away from Mulder before firing a nearly silent shot.

Having dispatched both men with a speed and efficiency that really should have won him some kind of award, the figure stepped all the way into the room, into the dim light from the small bulb.

Mulder groaned behind his gag as he saw the brilliant smile, the sparkling eyes, the slightly smug set to the head.

It just got worse.

Shit.

Krycek.

It just had to be Krycek. His heartfelt apologies to whatever deity he'd pissed off were useless and interrupted.

"Mulder, what the hell am I going to do with you, huh?"

The voice held amused bewilderment and Mulder bit down hard on his gag, trying to ignore the flush covering his face. He longed to get off the barrel, but he was tied to it securely and he was going nowhere.

"I mean, if I let you get killed by every penny ante thug that comes along, what am I supposed to do for entertainment? Your girlfriend's cute enough, but she's not really my type, seeing that she's a girl. Plus, she's a much better shot than you. Too much work." Alex had come up to stand beside Mulder, and now the man almost tenderly smoothed the sweat soaked hair from Mulder's face.

The scent from the black leather gloves easily reached Mulder and his nostrils twitched. Alex pretended not to notice.

"Skinner could be fun. He'd beat the hell out of me, but then he might be persuaded to take a different kind of revenge, if you know what I mean?" Alex paused, laughing softly.

"Considering your current position, I'd say that you know very well what I mean. Yes, the A.D. would be interesting, no doubt. But still, he wouldn't be you. Nobody else'll do. I'm afraid there's just no substitution for Fox William Mulder."

Alex had walked around to stand behind Mulder, out of his field of vision, but he kept one hand on Mulder's head.

"That brilliant mind..." Here Krycek stroked through Mulder's hair again.

"Those nerves of pure steel." The leather covered fingers trailed softly down Mulder's neck and spine. Mulder felt his breathing hitch as the hand lifted just before it reached his vulnerable backside.

"That will, that incredibly indomitable will that can't be stopped, that lets you keep fighting." Alex smoothed his hand over Mulder's clenched fists, subtly checking for loss of circulation. Finding none, he continued.

"No, you only get all that in one very special, very handsome package." The hand trailed down now, stroking across Mulder's rear. The bound man began to struggle and Alex patted the backside gently, making soothing noises.

"Shhh, shhh, easy, Mulder! I'm not going to rape you, Mulder, you know that's not my thing." It was true. Mulder's struggle had been more reaction to the tension of the situation than to any real fear that Alex meant to take him. The assassin might flirt with him as a head game, but he wasn't a rapist.

Calming himself, Mulder stopped struggling. He lay panting, waiting for Alex to make his next move, trying to think of a way out. Trying not to think about the fact that he had the beginnings of an erection.

Fight or flight did funny things to a man when he couldn't do either one. At least, that's what Mulder told himself as Alex continued to fondle him.

"But I really must do something. See, your problem is that you're a sucker. Somebody calls you up, leaves you an anonymous tip, and you're gone. You never consider the source. Why the tip came, when it came, why it came when it did. You don't think, Mulder, you react. That's gonna get you killed, Mulder, and by somebody other than me. I have a real problem with that."

Alex had been lightly caressing Mulder's naked rear while he spoke, and now he lifted his hand clear. Mulder's bottom tingled, expecting and waiting for the touch to continue. Instead, Alex walked back to Mulder's head, kneeling down so that Mulder could look into his eyes.

"You have to learn to consider the source. And you have to learn it now because the deeper you get, the bigger the target pinned on you. You're running out of chances, Mulder. We both are."

The last was said with a sorrow that darkened the jewel bright eyes, shadowed the face. Mulder felt his heart miss a beat, then swell painfully as he took in the sight of an Alex Krycek contemplating defeat. It was over in an instant and the smile, the smirk and the smug were all back in place.

"Now, I've never studied psychology in any formal way," Mulder didn't even bristle at the tiny jab, only waited to hear what Krycek would say next, "but it's been my experience that pain is a powerful motivator. Actual pain, threat of pain and the memory of pain, all of these can work miracles, and when you put them together, it's usually a safe bet that the lesson will be learned."

Mulder felt his stomach clench. His whole body stiffened but Alex was still looking into his eyes, and Mulder somehow found the gaze reassuring.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not going to do anything too awful to you, Mulder. But I am going to teach you a lesson you'll never forget. Not because it'll be so bad, but because it'll come from me. Consider the source. Every time you remember today, and you will remember today, you'll think about what happened and the worst of it, the absolute worst part of it for you, will be the unavoidable knowledge that I did it to you. I punished you, for your own damn good, Mulder. To keep you safe, to keep you alive, for whatever reason. You'll consider the source, now and every time after this you get some mysterious message, your mind will automatically take you back here, to this room, to this moment, and you won't know who to hate more, me or yourself."

Alex gave him a blinding grin and leaned forward, whispering into Mulder's ear, the lips just barely brushing the sensitive lobe.

"I'm going to spank you, Mulder. I'm going to spank you like I owned you. I'll spank long and hard. You'll cry. You won't want to, but you won't be able to stop yourself. I'd take off your gag to hear it better, but that's a luxury I can't afford. Not this time. And there will be another time, Mulder, if this doesn't do the trick. Only next time it'll be a whipping and I'll make sure your boss gets a nice 8x10 color glossy. Who knows? Might give the big guy some ideas."

Mulder was flushed with humiliation and shame, mostly from Krycek's words, but also because he was still erect, had gotten harder just by the sound of that husky whisper in his ear, the feel of warm breath against his neck, full lips brushing over his ear.

Alex, too, was aware of Mulder's arousal and he made a soft sound of amusement before kissing Mulder's cheek and standing up.

"You know, so long as you learn your lesson, I don't care what you do with the books later."

Mulder closed his eyes, knowing that he would indeed be jerking off to this later, and the fact that Krycek knew it, too, was almost unbearable. He sagged slightly in his bonds, unable to fight, practically admitting to Alex that he didn't want to fight it, not deep in his heart.

Alex had moved to stand beside Mulder now, one gloved hand on the small of Mulder's back, the other rising in the air.

The first smack was sharp, louder in the small room than Alex's gunshot had been. Mulder drew in a fast breath, grateful for the gag Alex had left in his mouth. This was not going to be an erotic game, despite the set-up. This would hurt, hurt a lot, and any eroticism would come later from the fact that it was Alex punishing him. The source. Consider the source. Damn, it was working already. Mulder sighed. He hated it when Alex was right.

His musings were cut off by another hard blow to his backside. Alex admired the handprints, placed with precision in the center of each well-shaped cheek, then proceeded to color in the skin around them. The blows were hard, heavy, and if he hadn't been wearing gloves, Alex wouldn't have been able to keep up the pace very long. As it was, his palm was protected and Alex spanked as long as he dared.

Mulder had begun to cry ages ago and, by the time Alex delivered the last dozen blistering swats, he was sobbing. The tears were a blessing, a wonderful relief, and the gag gave him permission to cry all of them he wanted, as loudly as he wanted. Mulder had been relieved of the burden of stoicism, both by the ties and the gag, and it was almost worth the pain just to be able to let it go.

Alex gave the chastened flesh a final look. Mulder's ass was uniformly and very darkly shaded, from the very tops of each cheek to the top third of each thigh. He'd be too sore and stiff to even think about sitting down for a couple of days at least. Satisfied, Alex placed a gentle pat on the bruised muscles and bent to untie Mulder's feet.

Without a word he untied Mulder's wrists, checking again for damage, relieved to find none. He'd been tied securely but not tightly, a faint red mark the only sign.

Alex started to reach for the gag, but a look into Mulder's moss green eyes, crystalline with tears, and he left it. Alex stood Mulder to unsteady feet, propping him against the barrel he'd been bent over for so long.

"It was a mercy, Mulder. Remember that, a mercy. And consider the source."

It was a soft rumble of honey-rich voice, and Alex pressed his lips briefly to Mulder's forehead before turning and leaving as quickly and silently as he'd entered.

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: The Source
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K
Rating: PG-13
Warning: contains a punishment spanking
Summary: Alex teaches Mulder all about an important caveat.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]