Go to notes and disclaimers


Shock the Monkey
by Raven


This is going to be very cool."

"You sound like a teenager." Alex offered it with an affectionate grin, and Mulder chuckled slightly, before shrugging.

"Yeah, well. You know how I feel about Halloween. I mean, Christmas is wonderful, but it's special, different than the rest of the holidays, so it doesn't really count to me. It's like it's sacred somehow, so you put it in another category completely. If we're talking fun, talking reality and the mundane, then Halloween's it for me. It's always been my favorite holiday. It was the one time of the year it was cool to be me, when I was younger, and now it's the one time of the year I get to be cool again."

"Aw, baby, I always think you're cool." Alex, knowing that there was a great deal going unspoken in this trite summation of Mulder's, reached out, drawing his partner close enough to kiss. A brief brush of lips, no more, but it was enough, and appreciated. Mulder's soft smile assured Alex of that.

"So what about you? You excited?"

"Yes. I didn't expect to be, but I am. I mean, I've done Halloween before, not in a serious way, but I've done it. Still, this will be my first Halloween party with a costume, since I was a kid." Alex gestured to the bed, where his costume lay waiting, pressed and polished.

"And what a costume it is." There was more than a hint of lust in Mulder's voice, and Alex wisely took a fast step back, putting out a hand in warning.

"Hold it right there, buddy."

"Aw, Alex, c'mon..."

"No. And turn off the puppy dog eyes, they won't work this time. I'm serious, Fox, you are not going to make us late for this party. It was bad enough that we nearly got kicked out of the costume store--" Alex ignored Mulder's indignant squawk of protest, continuing with his determined lecture. "--and that I had to practically promise my left nut to get it dry cleaned before returning it, but if you make us late to Dana and John's party, that little red head will shoot us both, and you know it. So you just go take your shower, make it a cold one, and don't even think of touching me until we get home tonight, you got me?"

Alex had ended this little diatribe with his hands on his hips, eyes flashing, and Mulder didn't try to hide his amusement, or his love.

"Yes, dear."

Alex rolled his eyes, aimed a half-hearted swat at his shoulder, but chuckled. "Hey, any word from our other third?"

Now it was Mulder's turn to roll his eyes, though there was very little amusement in the gesture. "Yes, Walter called. Seems he's got a meeting that's going to end late, so he'll change in his office and meet us there." Mulder sighed, moving to the closet to get his own costume for the evening. Alex didn't look happy either.

"He's been working late a lot this week. And it's not like him to be late for a date with us. Do you think he's okay?"

"I think so. It's not to a bad level yet. And he did say that this week would be a bear, so we can't complain too much. We'll give him tonight. If he's too late, we'll speak to him. If not, well, maybe it was just the week, like he said. Besides, we've got the whole weekend to get him relaxed and unwound."

"True. Not to mention getting him laid." Alex grinned, reassured by Mulder's words. He trusted Mulder to look after Walter's mental health the same way he trusted Walter to look after Mulder's physical well-being. He did his part for both of them, just as they looked after him. It was a nice little arrangement, with Alex taking the opposite part for the other man.

"After tonight, I don't think that's going to be a problem. You really came up with a great idea for the costumes, lover." Mulder was staring lustfully at the bed, where his costume now lay beside Alex's. "It's not only perfect for us, it's hot as hell, too."

"I'm so glad you approve." The sarcasm was meant in fun. Alex had been delighted by their reaction to his somewhat hesitant suggestion for their costuming. It had been hard thinking of something that they could share in equally, yet still appeal to the three of them. It had been thinking of their unique qualities that had given Alex the idea for the costumes.

They could be each other. By that, Alex had meant they could dress as each other, pulling one of the many shared images from their past, and going as that. They'd drawn names to see who got to be whom.

Alex had drawn Walter's name, and had reached to the distant past, pulling up one of his favorite images of Walter. On the bed, as his costume for the night, was a full Marine dress uniform, altered only slightly. Alex had refused to wear a real one, insisting that doing so was an earned privilege, not a right, and that he would not profane the symbolism. Walter had been quietly moved, and Mulder had gotten another clue into Alex's complex mental make up.

Alex had gone to the costume shop with Mulder to try one on. One look at Alex in the unfamiliar yet kink friendly outfit, and Mulder had been all over him. He'd shoved Alex into the dressing room and actually gone down on his knees, reaching for Alex's fly. Alex, stunned by the attempt at public hoovering, had only just managed to thwart Mulder, aided by the manager appearing at the door and demanding their immediate evacuation of the dressing room. Seemed the half doors made it very apparent what Mulder's intentions were, and they were not approved of.

Swearing silently, Alex had given Mulder a glare, until he realized how shame-faced Mulder already was. Relying on skills he seldom used any more, Alex had managed to convince the store owner that Mulder had simply been caught in a faint, something the sick look on Mulder's face made semi-believable. The owner had relented, but had given them detailed cleaning instructions, as well as a list of legal responsibilities that went with the rental, and had demanded three credit cards before allowing the suit to leave with Alex.

Alex had said nothing on the way home, simply putting the suit in the backseat and driving them home. Once there, the costume safely put away, Alex had turned from the closet to find Mulder waiting for him by the bed, hairbrush in hand. Without a word, Alex had seated himself on the bed. He had undone Mulder's pants, pushing them and the underwear down to mid thigh, before helping Mulder assume the position.

"Brush." Mulder had passed it back, and Alex had immediately brought it down across Mulder's rear. It had been a hard blow, and placed low, but Mulder had only inhaled sharply, jerking slightly as it landed. Eleven more had landed, each equal to the one before it, ensuring that Mulder was thoroughly punished. Alex would have cheerfully taken the licking himself, taken double, but he knew Mulder. If he'd gone easy on Mulder, Mulder would have let the incident gnaw at him for days. As it was, Alex had laid it on hard and now his lover could let it go, relieved of his guilt enough to be able to joke about it now, some three days later.

It hadn't hurt that Walter's reaction to Alex in the uniform had been to bend over the back of the couch and hold up a tube of lube.

xx

Chuckling at the memory as he dressed, Alex spared a glance at Mulder. A beat up black leather jacket was just sliding over a black tee and indecently tight black jeans. The hair had been ever so slightly gelled, post shower, and now a few small waves had been induced. Mulder deliberately hadn't shaved, and now had a decent shadow going. He looked scruffy, suspicious and slightly on the edge, and Alex felt a pang go through him at the sight.

Mulder, having been concerned about this possible reaction, reached out with one hand, cupping the side of Alex's face.

"You okay with this? I can always get a bad suit and add some more hair gel." It was a tease, but a genuine offer, nonetheless.

"No!" Alex exaggerated a look that was nauseous, and Mulder saw that he was okay. "No, Fox, I'm fine with it. I was just thinking how lonely I was then, how scared all the time." Alex's eyes darkened for a moment, then lit back up. "And then, of course, I realized that I won't ever have to live like that again. I'll always be your Rat and Walter's, but I'll never be that man again. It's fine, Fox, honestly. Besides, you look good in funky poaching clothes."

This brought the expected chuckle, and Mulder sat down to pull on the black leather boots. As he did so, his thoughts went back to Walter.

"I can't wait to see Walter. I've never seen him in Armani. You?"

"Nope. But you know it's going to look amazing on him." Alex could see it now, the clean lines accentuating the broad shoulders, the minimalist tailoring making the most of his lover's powerful frame and authoritative presence, while the quirky styling lent a dramatic edge.

Mulder, mind following a similar path to Alex's, sighed wistfully. "I wish I could have seen him get dressed. He's going for it, even took his contacts with him this morning, said the glasses just wouldn't work with the costume."

"He's right."

Mulder stood, trying to ignore the way Alex looked adjusting the white gloves on his very talented hands. He latched onto Alex's pronouncement, willing his mind to go anywhere but to the thought of those gloved hands sliding along his...

"Um, wait a minute, I wear glasses. Why wouldn't they work?"

"Because, Fox, you wear quaint wire rims that work with your face to give you an earnest little boy appeal. Walter wears serious wire rims that give him a glass shield against the world, another layer of protection. You look cute in your glasses, baby, Walter just looks more somber."

"Quaint? You think my glasses are quaint and give me little boy appeal?" There was a hint of outraged dignity in Mulder's tone, and as Alex made the final adjustment to his uniform, he turned, a huge mischievous grin on his face.

"Nah. Actually, I just think they make you look adorable." Snickering at the look of distaste his spouse made at the term, Alex headed out, not entirely shocked when the palm of Mulder's hand landed across his backside.

xx

They got to the party right on time, just a hint past the official start time. Scully greeted them at the door, bowing formally. She was wearing a jade green kimono, the cherry blossom pattern obviously hand embroidered into the lustrous silk. Her hair was up in a bun, black lacquered chopsticks dangling tiny golden butterflies stuck through.

"Hey, pard, you're looking good." Mulder hugged her as she straightened up, eyeing him somewhat distastefully.

"Thank you. Having a father stationed in Japan did have its good points. Can't say the same for you, you look rough..." She trailed off, looked from Mulder to Alex, then took in the uniform. Mulder said nothing, knowing her mind was nearly as fast, if not as flexible, as his own. Sure enough, moments later she broke into a huge grin. "You came as each other! You're Alex, he's Walter from the Marine days, and Walter will be you. So, I take it I should be on the look out for a large Armani suit?"

"Got it in one."

She motioned them in, and Alex paused long enough to utter a long phrase in what sounded like fluent Japanese, before bowing slightly and entering.

"Alright, translate."

"I said, thank you for inviting me and Mulder was right, you do look very lovely." They were still getting used to each other, in many ways, but it was a Friday night, Halloween and a party to boot.

"Thank you, Alex. And unlike Mulder, I can say the same for you. The uniform suits you."

Alex said nothing, but a small, very pleased smile appeared, and she thought he might have blushed. He was saved from comment by Mulder.

"Hey, go flirt with your own soldier boy. Where is John, anyway?"

"Tending bar. Follow the disorderly."

Mulder and Alex emerged into the large living room. John Doggett was at the server, pouring drinks. He was dressed as a Jedi, and even had a long fake ponytail dangling from one side of his hair. It suited him surprisingly well, the light saber hanging holstered as naturally as a gun would have.

"May the Force..." Mulder started, only to have Doggett roll his eyes and wave one hand in front of Mulder's face.

"You don't want to use that lame ass line on me. You wanna tell me what you want to drink, ignore the costume my wife picked out for me while obviously thinking of Ewan McGregor, and leave me the hell alone until Walt shows."

Chuckling, both men settled for a beer, and moved away. It was only a few minutes later, that the doorbell rang. Mulder and Alex had barely had time to do more than make one pass of the room and indulge in a single dance. Mulder heard Scully answer the door, heard the shock in her voice.

"Walter?"

He heard Walter's deep chuckle, and he and Alex shared a grin. It was partly relief that Walter hadn't been too late, proving it had just been the work week, and partly anticipation of seeing him dressed to the teeth and looking good enough to stun Scully.

Their faces, on the videotape Langly was taking, were priceless. The grins vanished as their jaws dropped in unison, eyes growing so wide that Alex's hat visibly rose. Mulder's beer bottle slipped from his fingers, but was, fortunately, empty and landed on carpet. Both men simply stood, staring dumbly as their partner walked in.

Walter Skinner, eyes shining brightly without the cover of his glasses, smiling warmly at his lovers from across the room, was wearing nothing but a pair of red speedos. The flip flops on his otherwise bare feet didn't count, and neither did the towel around his neck, since it was a hand towel, and barely spanned the back of his neck.

No Armani. No stylish black coat. No clothes, period. Just acres of Walter Skinner, squeezed into a flimsy scrap of clingy red fabric, cut low and showing ever inch of his...assets to the room at large. In fact, it looked like the head of his...best feature was about to greet the room at any minute.

"Oh my God, look at his chest!" Alex blurted it out, but quietly, his exclamation reaching Mulder's ears only. Mulder obeyed, and inhaled so sharply he nearly choked.

Walter's chest was bare. Completely bare, shaved smooth as a baby's behind.

Neither Mulder nor Alex had ever seen Walter's chest without its dense forest of hair, and now, as that totally naked chest drew closer, they were unable to tear their eyes away from the sight of his exposed nipples. Nipples which were standing proudly, no doubt the result of the brief walk from Walter's car to Scully's door in the crisp October evening air.

John Doggett, displaying the instincts that had made him a good cop, stifled his chortles, and took the camera away from Langly, who'd been avidly filming. He was adjusting the zoom lens even as it was taken from him.

"Dude, it's just about to get good, c'mon!" Protesting violently, Langly had no choice but to follow Doggett and thus, his camera out of the room.

Mulder didn't notice. Alex didn't notice. They were too busy staring at their husband, who'd obviously buckled under his workload sometime before dressing, or rather, undressing for the party.

"See? Told you I wouldn't be too late. The meeting ended nearly on tim--" Walter's greeting was cut off by the sound of Mulder's shocked, and rather high pitched interruption.

"Where's the Armani?!"

Walter, looking bewildered, turned to Alex, whose voice was equally aghast.

"Fuck the Armani, where the hell are your clothes?"

Walter's brows drew together, and he looked down at himself. "What do you mean? I'm in costume. I drew Fox's name, when I think of Fox and clothes, I always remember him wearing that red speedo in the pool at the employee gym. Besides, I wear a suit all week, why would I want to put one on for a costume?"

It made sense. It really did.

Mulder and Alex could have given less than a damn for logic. All they knew was that their lover was standing in the middle of a crowded room, more than half naked.

"Guys? Fox, Alex, what are you doing?" Each man had taken an arm, and now Walter was being purposefully marched out of the room.

Scully, having recovered herself somewhat, silently opened the door as they exited, having known the minute she laid eyes on him in that skimpy suit, that the Mulder-Skinner- Krycek household would not be staying long.

"...the hell, I just got here, this is fucking ridiculous..."

She couldn't help but giggle as she shut the door on Walter's bewildered protests. She'd take money that, before they finished with him, Walter's backside would match that speedo. She knew they had a discipline arrangement. They knew that she knew. No one had yet had the balls to bring up the fact that she knew, or the fact that they knew that she knew. Nobody would ever ask if Doggett knew, too.

Turning back to her party, Scully spared a moment of pity for Walter, then went to look for Langly.

She needed a copy of that tape.

xx

"You shaved your chest without asking us!" Mulder, still overwhelmed by that one, landed another round of spanks, trying to make sure he didn't bump Alex's hand, equally occupied.

Walter, having given up on reasoning his way out of the spanking a good six shades of red ago, did nothing but yelp as the pain in his backside cranked up another notch. He was lying across the back of the couch, the same one Alex had fucked him over just a few days before. This time, however, was proving much less pleasant. He'd been scolded all the way home, sitting in the front seat between Mulder and Alex like an errant child.

Walter had thought it would be a prank, nothing more. He'd known Fox and Alex would assume he'd arrive in Armani, and he'd counted on them being stunned stupid. He hadn't counted on these two men, each so completely wild and abandoned in the bedroom, turning suddenly prudish on him in Scully's living room. Not that he blamed them one little bit. If either of them ever dared show up flashing that much skin, he'd peel it off of them.

No, he hadn't counted on them being outraged. He'd merely hoped. After all, he wasn't getting any younger, and while he knew they loved him, the occasional display of possessive jealousy could be a good thing. Of course, he was married to two very smart, very rational men that were also caring and loving and nurturing. They trusted him, they were trustworthy, and nowhere near being Neanderthals. That's why he hadn't counted on their reaction, merely hoped for it.

And he definitely hadn't counted on being spanked quite so long and hard. Not that he really minded that, either. Walter seldom got into trouble, and while he had trouble admitting it, even to himself, he'd found he occasionally needed the release a spanking provided. It was an incredible catharsis, and once in a while, he found himself wishing for one, without having to do anything that was actually wrong.

Remembering the old saying about being careful what you wish for, Walter couldn't help a sniffle, as they paused.

"Hold it up."

Alex dutifully lifted the speedo, yanked off of Walter as soon as he'd been draped over the couch. Mulder eyed the suit and then Walter's ass critically, comparing the shades.

"What do you think?"

Alex nodded, satisfied that they'd made their point quite clear. "Agreed."

Mulder knew that while he was definitely feeling well spanked, and he wouldn't be sitting comfortably until tomorrow night at least, Walter wasn't bruised, only heavily reddened and burning hot. He could practically see the steam rising off of the strong muscles, and now he rubbed a hand across Walter's back, before he and Alex helped Walter stand up.

He looked gorgeous standing there, completely nude, his backside a vibrant red, nearly a match for his tear- streaked face. Holding his punished rear carefully, Walter sniffled again, before risking a look at his husbands.

"I'm sorry." He managed to get it out, barely, and immediately felt strong arms surround him, letting him relax the final bit.

Yep, his ass might be killing him, but his soul was at peace. Releasing his breath in a sigh, Walter let himself be led to their bedroom, where he was comforted and pampered for the rest of the weekend.

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: Shock the Monkey
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K/Sk
Rating: NC-17
Author's Notes: With special thanks to Gaby for all her very hard work and enthusiasm on this one. It wouldn't be the same without your contributions, and I thank you for making it better, as always.
Warning: It may suck? No disrespect meant to Peter Gabriel, from whom I shamelessly nabbed the title. No connection with the song whatsoever. Um, a couple a bad words. A few swats on Skinner's behind. Mention of naughtiness. Written while sleep deprived. It may suck?
Summary: The best part of Halloween, aside from the free chocolate, is the chance to play dress up.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]