Go to notes and disclaimers


Reassurance
by Raven


"Alex, look at me, babe."

The green eyes flashed upward for a brief moment, just long enough to count as obedience, then dropped back down. It was all I needed to see.

With Alex, what doesn't happen is at least as important as what does, and his inability to hold my gaze spoke volumes to me about his wants and needs. In Krycek code, he was pleading. I nodded to let him know I'd received the message, and moved to the bed. His eyes followed me as I seated myself on the side, and held out a hand to him.

A brief flicker of tongue across his lips, and he moved, silently coming to stand before me, giving me his hand. I held it for a moment, squeezing gently, easing him a bit closer, then let it go to unfasten his jeans. When they were half-way down his thighs, I drew down his briefs with equal precision, then drew him across my lap.

His body was tense, almost rigid, but I didn't wait for him to calm down. I knew he wouldn't, couldn't, not yet. I slapped his left cheek sharply, hard enough to print my hand. He didn't so much as flinch. The next blow caught him on the right, the result no different. I continued spanking him in the same careful, measured way, two beats between blows, the intensity the same, the pattern the same. After twenty swats, his bottom was dusky rose, and his muscles beginning to relax. After forty, we were nearing magenta, and his shoulders eased down. When I finished fifty, his body was draping, his breathing slow and easy, his backside red.

"Say it, Alex." My voice was quiet, calm and steady as a rock, pitched as though reading a bedtime story to an almost sleeping child.

"I'm scared."

He didn't sound scared. He sounded peaceful, untroubled and relaxed. I gave him ten more, and felt the tiniest of movements. He was finished. I rolled him over onto his side, revealing a face streaked with silent tears, eyes full of gratitude and love.

I kissed him, pressed slow kisses to his mouth and cheeks, his temples and even the tip of his nose, earning a tiny smile of genuine shy pleasure. I stroked his hair, hugging him tightly.

"I'm not leaving you. You don't have to go back."

He nodded, believing me again, for a little while. He snuggled down so that just his head was resting on my lap, drew his clothing up, and went to sleep clutching my arm like a teddy bear. Just as he drifted off, I heard the mumble, the quiet whisper I only got at times like these.

"I love you, Mulder."

"I know." It was all he wanted me to say, all he'd allow me to say. But he knew I loved him right back.

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: Reassurance
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K
Rating: PG-13
Author's Notes: A pick-me-up for Gaby.
Warning: contains a spanking
Summary: We all have our own language of love. Mulder speaks Krycek.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]