Go to notes and disclaimers


One Size Fits All

Part I – Mulder
by Raven


The guard looked up and down, then back up into Fox's eyes. She said nothing, but he caught the glimmer of amusement, and a corner of her mouth twitched. She checked the list, and picked up a phone for a moment. The check was completed quickly and she handed him the pass and temporary ID badge.

"Here you go, Mr. Mulder. Have a pleasant visit, sir. It's nice to see you back."

"Thanks, Lori. It's nice to be here strictly as a visitor."

He accepted the pass, pinned on the badge, and stepped through with a smile. Soon he was in the elevator, heading up to Walter's floor. He ignored the looks he was getting, keeping his face neutral, despite the snickers he could hear as he passed. Some of the people were staring worriedly, and those he didn't ignore. He met their eyes, staring evenly until they looked away.

For the most part, Fox concentrated on giving the appearance of a man without a care in the world. Inside, he was hoping Alex was wrong.

xx

"That?" Alex's voice had been ripe with disbelief that morning as he watched his lover dress. Fox had a meeting with Walter in the office, to finish filling out the last of Walter's retirement papers. Since Fox was listed on some of the forms as beneficiary, his signature was necessary. It wouldn't be much at all, pleasant even, except for the fact that the signing was happening under the eyes of one Alvin Kersh. It was what had prompted Fox to choose this particular outfit.

"Yep. This is what I'm wearing, nothing over it, either."

"Fox, I applaud your intention, hell, I support your motivation, but as your lover, I have to ask. Have you thought about what Walter's going to do? He may even understand, but he's not going to approve, you know that."

"I know. I thought about it, I realize that I'm asking for it."

"I just hope for your sake he doesn't put you over his knee right in the bullpen. Still, it's your ass. If you want to do this, I won't try to force you not to." Alex had knelt up on the bed, reaching out and pulling his nervous lover close, hands closing on the lean cheeks that were soon to be in danger. A warm kiss of reassurance, a quick cuddle, and Alex had bounded off the bed.

"It's time for me to go, I've got to meet a client. Kiss Walter for me, and have fun."

"Thanks, Alex." Fox had stolen another kiss, and then Alex was gone with a grin and a slap to Fox's rear.

"Not funny, Alex!" Fox had called after his retreating lover, only to hear the rich chuckle drift back up the stairs.

xx

Now, waiting to be let in, and seeing the look on Kersh's secretary's face, Fox was beginning to think this wasn't such a great idea. Still, too late now, as she motioned him into the office. Fox took a deep breath, schooled his features to what he hoped was an innocent neutrality, and strode in.

Walter was waiting inside, and the warm eyes found his with a smile, then slowly took on a puzzled look, before showing a trace of irritation. In the extra chairs, around the conference table, Fox could see the Director himself, along with a couple of other high-ranking AD's. Apparently, they'd come to say their own good-byes. Wishing for the floor to open up and swallow him, Fox shook hands, making his greetings as they took their leave. It seemed to take forever, and he could see them looking from him to Walter, with frank puzzlement and more than a hint of derision. At last, they left. Fox swallowed hard, and quickly took a seat.

Kersh had eyed Fox with distaste, and now he smirked somewhat as he handed over the forms.

"Are you sure about this, Skinner? Most people choose a competent adult to be in charge of their final affairs."

Fox felt his cheeks heat, but he said nothing, his embarrassment growing steadily under Kersh's smug gaze. He signed the papers quickly and sat back in his chair, determined not to slump. Walter's hand reached out, surprising Fox as it covered his own clenched one supportively.

"I'm retired now, that's Mr. Skinner to you, and I very much resent your insults to my chosen life partner. You will apologize and you will do it now."

Fox held his breath, eyes huge as he waited for a response. Half of him hoped Kersh would refuse, he'd love to see Walter 'insist'. The other half was appalled that his behavior had led to the kind of ultimatum situation Walter had successfully managed to avoid for years.

Kersh looked like he was going to have an apoplectic fit, but then he forced himself to grind out, "My apologies, Mulder."

"Mr. Mulder. He's retired, too."

"My apologies, Mr. Mulder." Kersh's jaws were locked so tight Fox expected to hear the bones crunch.

Walter's voice came again, a soft, gentle prompt. "Fox."

Forcing himself to think, Fox stammered slightly. "A-apology accepted." Fox hated to say it, but he felt he owed it to Walter, for being deliberately confrontational.

"Now, I believe that's the last form, signed and witnessed. If there's nothing else, I have some work to do, I'm sure you'll excuse me."

"Of course." Walter's voice was as level as Kersh's, and in just a moment, they were on the other side of the door, and heading down the hall.

"Walter, I'm sorry." Fox's voice held sincere regret, and Walter reached out, taking his hand and deliberately holding it as they exited.

"I know. I understand, Fox, I really do."

"I didn't know there would be other people...but that's not really the point."

"No. It was inappropriate and provocative and it played into his convictions of you and us. I had hoped to make him have to change his mind, or at least, force him into treating you like the incredible individual you are. But that was my preconception and my own agenda, you shouldn't feel bad about that part, Fox."

"No, you're right. Shit, Alex tried to get me to reconsider, but I wouldn't listen."

"Alex tried to warn you, huh? What did he say?"

"That you'd understand, but wouldn't approve."

"He was right."

Fox waited only a moment, but they were coming up on the corridor that led past the bullpen, and his sense of honor was screaming at him. He paused them in the hall, glad there was no one coming either way. He couldn't meet Walter's eyes, and his heart was pounding like a bass drum.

"He suggested you might decide to punish me in the bullpen. Walter, th-they all saw me come in. If...if you think you should... I mean, I deserve... I couldn't blame you..." Fox trailed off, too embarrassed to continue.

Walter's voice was soft as a feather, and his free hand had come up to cup Fox's face affectionately.

"You couldn't blame me for what?"

"Spanking me. In...in front of everyone." Fox managed the words, just barely, and was shocked to feel Walter's lips on his, a warm press of comfort and acceptance.

"No. I hope I would never humiliate you like that, sweetheart. Don't get me wrong, I am going to bust your ass for this juvenile stunt. But I'll do it at home, where Alex and I can love you before, during and after. No fear, beloved."

"No fear, Walter." It was a phrase Alex had started them using, when they first began spanking him, a way to be sure he was okay before going forward. It had spread to all of them, and now, with a wink, Walter walked out of the Hoover building with Fox proudly by his side.

xx

They were quiet on the way home, but it was comfortable. Fox wasn't looking forward to his punishment, but he had to admit, it was well deserved. Walter wasn't angry, but he was still going to hand out a serious punishment, even if a tiny part of him admitted Fox's prank had been funny.

Alex's car was in the driveway, and they weren't surprised to find him reading in the den. He took one look at Fox's face, then kissed them both.

"Walter, I was here, I knew what he was planning and I didn't stop him. Part of the blame has to rest with me."

Fox shook his head, even as Walter tapped the ex-assassin on the nose.

"Nice try, but no sale. He told me you tried to talk him out of it. Besides, Fox is a big boy, he made a choice, Alex. I'm not mad, but he has to accept the consequences. Just Fox."

Alex sighed. He hated it when any of them had to be spanked, but it especially bothered him to see Fox getting spanked. The only thing that bothered Alex more was when he had to be the one doing the spanking. At least he was being spared that, this time.

"Do you want me to stay or go, Fox?" It was always the spankee's choice, the only perk associated with getting your ass tanned.

"Go on. You hate it when I'm in trouble, and I'm not upset. Walter's not angry, he understands. It'll be easy, emotionally."

Accepting this, Alex reached out, hugging Fox closely. "Call me if you change your mind. I'll be in the office." Fox nodded, kissed Alex on both cheeks, and watched him turn to Walter. "Not interfering with the justice system, Walter, but I'd like to put in a plea for leniency."

"On what grounds?" Walter knew Alex was sincere in trying to get Fox off lighter.

"On the grounds that the only intended victim was Kersh." Alex met Walter's eyes defiantly, and he continued. "He was doing it for you, Walter, not himself."

Walter's brows drew together as he considered this. "So noted. I'll take it into account."

Satisfied, Alex kissed Walter's cheek, and headed for the office. When he was gone, Walter turned to face Fox.

"I'll spare you the lecture, I'm convinced you know what you did and why it was wrong. I was going to whip you, Fox. Take my belt to you." Fox swallowed hard, he hated being whipped, but it would have been fair. "However, your defense attorney," Walter arched an eyebrow wryly, "has found an aspect I hadn't considered. Therefore, sentence has been reduced. You're going over my knee and I'm just using my hand, but you're going to be there for a long time, understood?"

"Understood. Thank you, Walter."

"Thank Alex. And now, let's get this over with, okay? I have some celebrating to do."

Fox nodded, reaching for the fasten on his pants as Walter took a seat on the oversized ottoman.

Without another word, Fox lowered his pants and underwear to mid-thigh, and positioned himself somewhat awkwardly over Walter's thighs. A few minor adjustments, and Fox put his hand back, offering it to Walter to hold. It was practical, Fox tended to squirm when he was spanked for a long time, but it was also his way of admitting how much this spanking was deserved.

Walter rubbed a hand lightly over the upturned bottom, feeling Fox startle, then relax. Knowing his lover was ready, Walter raised his hand high in the air. He brought his hand down hard on the pale skin, leaving a bright mark. Fox sucked in a breath, not expecting Walter to start out so hard, but he didn't fight, only tried to ready himself for the next spank. It landed just as hard on the other side, and before Fox could gain control, the third landed in the center of the burning handprints, connecting them into a solid band.

Sighing his regret, Walter didn't pause, but shaded the whole backside that same bright pink. The second round of hard slaps turned the skin more toward red, and the third time Walter coated Fox's bottom, the shade was fiery magenta. Steeling himself against Fox's increasing struggles and sounds of pain, Walter focused on that delicate crease of backside and thigh. Fox howled, the pain a sharp steady burn on the already spanked spots, a flash of bright hurt layering with each new spank.

Finally, his backside steaming, Fox felt Walter let go of his captive's wrist. Walter's hand, itself nearly numb from applying the hot pain, was rubbing soothingly up and down Fox's back.

"It's okay, Fox, it's okay now, all done." Walter murmured nonsense words until Fox moved, then helped him sit up, punished rear resting between Walter's thighs, just barely touching. Fox clung to Walter, soaking up the forgiveness, the comfort. A moment later, Alex was kneeling beside them, having heard the long spanking finally end. Between them, they held Fox until he regained control.

"I'm sorry, Walter. I won't wear it again."

"Now that would be a genuine shame. See, it wasn't what you wore, it was why and where that got you in trouble. No, you should wear it again. It's funny and it suits you. But, it's strictly play clothes, got me?"

"I got you." Fox gave a faint grin, and Walter's mouth settled against his own, thoroughly forgiving him.

"Hey, you got me, too." Alex pouted it for pure effect, and soon the three of them were moving the party upstairs, determined to celebrate Walter's retirement. They were mindful of Fox's smoldering backside, but soon, the whole affair was forgotten only to be remembered the next day, when Walter picked up the discarded tee-shirt, to throw into the washer along with the threadbare, skintight black jeans Fox had been wearing.

He held up the shirt, chuckling as he looked at it again. Black cotton, simple and basic. Red and blue wording that appeared to have been scribbled by an older child, in crayon. And the message Fox had specifically chosen to fuck with Kersh. Shaking his head Walter read the words again:

"My imaginary friend thinks you have a mental problem."

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: One Size Fits All Series, Part 1—Mulder
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K/Sk
Rating: R
Author's Notes: I ran out of bumper stickers. [g]
Additional Notes: this series contains non-XF parts as well, which can be found at my website here: http://gaby.slashcity.tv/raven/xfiles/mulderkrycekskinner.html
Warnings: contains a spanking
Summary: Another look at happily ever after, this time expressed in a comfy poly-cotton blend.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]