Go to notes and disclaimers


Domestic Bliss
by Raven


Mulder was used to coming home to strange things. When he'd lived alone, it tended to be men with guns or aliens with guns or men looking for aliens with guns. Once, it had been furniture. He'd changed the locks after that one.

Since joining his lovers, he tended to be greeted by reassuring scenes of domesticity, Alex vacuuming, Walter emptying the dishwasher, that kind of thing. Occasionally, it was an erotic moment that met his eyes, his lovers kissing, making out, sometimes making love. Mulder treasured the scenes of vacuuming as much as he did the erotic scenes, maybe more, but none of it shocked him.

It was an unusual experience, therefore, to open the kitchen door after a long day at work and find himself frozen solid by the view. Of course, it was an unusual view.

Alex Krycek was seated on the center cushion of the large window seat that made up part of their breakfast nook. This wasn't unusual, Alex frequently curled up there to read, lazing in the sun like a house cat.

No, what was unusual was for Alex to have Walter meaningfully sprawled face-down across his lap. Mulder watched as Alex landed another blistering slap to the already bright red bottom. Walter yelped and threw a hand back, only to have it pinned in place by the unshakeable grip of Alex's prosthetic.

Mulder noticed that while Walter's suit coat was draped over a chair back, he was still wearing his work clothes. True, the pants were bunched around his ankles and the white dress shirt had been shoved to his shoulderblades to bare his bottom for Alex's punishment, but he hadn't even taken off his tie.

Wondering at what had happened and apparently happened fast, Mulder shook himself out of the daze and as quietly as possible, moved to sit where he could watch and hear but be out of the way. This was between Walter and Alex, if they needed Mulder's help, they'd ask, until then, he could help best by not interfering.

Alex laid down four more hard spanks before he stopped. Long practice at going up against larger men let him easily and expertly lift Walter up an onto a chair across from them. Walter gave an aborted cry as he was now firmly seated on what Mulder knew had to be a painful rear.

"Alright, Walter, let's review." Alex's voice was smooth as silk, almost gentle, but it was velvet over a steel pipe.

"When one of your lovers asks how your day was, what do we not say?"

Skinner sniffled, face flushed and tear-streaked, his eyes locked on the floor in front of him. Mulder thought that he looked about eight, with the trembling lower lip and wet lashes, and he couldn't help but grin at the thought of Walter Skinner as a well spanked child, facing a stern but loving parent ready to spank again at a moment's notice.

"That you don't fucking care." Mulder, all gentle visions of his lover ripped away, felt his jaw drop. Shit, no wonder Alex was taking a hard line.

"And when one of your lovers then asks sincerely what's wrong, what do we not say?"

"Nothing a bullet won't cure." Mulder's mouth, which had only just closed, flew open again.

"So far, so good. Now, when one of your lovers tries to approach you, to help, what do we not do?"

"Throw something at them. Have a tantrum." Mulder noticed for the first time that the mail was scattered all over the floor.

"And when one of your lovers suggests you take the day off tomorrow to rest, what do you not say?"

"Fuck you." Mulder continued to be surprised by Walter's responses, even if he was no longer surprised by the fact that Alex had worn the daylights out of him.

"And what are you going to do tomorrow?"

"Take the day off. Rest." Walter had been working ungodly hours for the past two weeks, and the strain was obviously beginning to show.

Alex nodded, still the essence of calm, loving control.

"Very good. Back across my lap, please, we still have a few more curses and threats to deal with."

Skinner swallowed hard, but obeyed. Alex spanked just as hard as he had earlier, a dozen loud cracks of his palm against Walter's poor ass. When he stopped again, he carefully rolled Walter to sit up in his lap. He let Walter's thighs bear the weight, and held his shaking, tear-streaked lover close.

"One last question, Walter. Why did I spank you so hard for all of that?"

"Because you love me." It was said tiredly, but with conviction, and Alex smiled tenderly into wet brown eyes.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry, Alex, I'm s-sorry."

"Shh, hush, hush, babe, it's okay now."

Walter cried it all out while Alex cuddled him, comforting him like he would a child. Gradually, Walter's tears stopped and he simply rested in Alex's embrace.

"I love you, Walter Sergei, and I will not let you forget it, is that completely understood, my love?"

"Yes, Alex. I love you, too." There was relief in the tone, along with the trace of submission, and Mulder saw that his lover had found a measure of peace.

"Good. Now, go on upstairs, wash your face and change your clothes. But no shower and no rubbing. I think this is one spanking you need to feel every minute of, okay, angel?"

It wasn't an endearment they used often for Walter, but it seemed to be the right choice for now, judging by the soft, almost shy smile on Walter's face.

"Okay." Alex tenderly cupped Walter's face, smiling and leaning in to place a reassuring kiss on the now relaxed features.

Walter stood, eased up his clothing, simply holding the pants in place. He caught sight of Mulder, and accepted a brief, if warm, hug and a quick kiss, then headed upstairs.

Alex waited until Walter was out of sight, then sagged, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Are you okay?" Mulder asked as he settled Alex into his arms.

"Yeah. I never thought I'd see the day when Walter Skinner would have a toddler meltdown, right there while I watched, but it was just too much stress. I'm going to call Kim later, find out what the trigger was."

They had discovered that, out of care for her boss, Kim would exchange information for chocolate. She never told anything she shouldn't, never mentioned names or details, but she would let them know if he'd a rough time.

"So, what do you need from me?"

"He'll need lots of extra affection, some quiet time basically, but not alone, I think that's part of the problem. He's been working so hard and so many hours, he's feeling a little lost and alone."

"I can do extra affection. Wanna see?"

Mulder gave Alex the best hug he could. Alex soaked it up like a sponge. Mulder had learned long ago that while Alex enjoyed sex a great deal, what he really loved, what really got him was being cuddled, especially hugs. The first time Mulder had taken Alex into his lap and just held him close, the younger man had cried. Now, after years of such loving, he only gave a grateful sigh, and snuggled close.

"When Walt comes back down..."

"I know, the focus is on him for a couple of days. But after that, young man, it's your turn. Clear?"

Mulder felt the lips against his neck as they curved into a smile, the slight clenching of the real hand as it closed on his shirt.

"Clear." Mulder hugged tighter for a moment, then heard Walter coming back downstairs. A kiss, a pat on the rear and a promise of cuddling to come, and Alex was again ready to open his arms to Walter.

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: Domestic Bliss
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K/Sk
Rating: PG-13
Warning: contains a spanking
Summary: Mulder walks in on the aftermath of Walter behaving badly.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]