Go to notes and disclaimers


Dancing
by Raven


Walter Skinner was used to smiling at official functions. It was a duty, part of the job description, and everyone accepted that. He would give a small, tight, completely polite smile, and the recipient knew not to hold it against the A.D. It didn't mean anything, but it wasn't rude, either.

Tonight, Walter's smiling was different. People who'd only seen him in the hallways or at other official gatherings were staring in shock. The smile was wide, natural and genuine as Walter shook hands and made the rounds. His stern face was transformed by the honest curve of his lips, and Walter noticed that he was gathering as many looks of appreciation as he was surprise. He didn't care.

Walter smiled, shaking hands with yet another representative of holiday cheer. The annual F.B.I. Christmas/Holiday party for his division was now in full swing. Food and drink were being consumed at an alarming rate and to visible effect.

Normally, this only led to the boredom being complicated by indigestion, but this year's bash was actually fun so far. This was mostly due to the fact that Kersh had opted to go to a party with more prestige, leaving just Walter Skinner to represent the upper echelon. That alone would have made the evening more special for most of the attendees, but since it was also Walter's last day at the bureau, the party had turned into a general retirement/farewell celebration, too. Add the fact that the party was being held in a lounge this year, and a good time was being had by all.

Walter was more relaxed than he'd been in years. He'd kept the news of his retirement very quiet, informing only those that had to know, thereby successfully avoiding gifts, speeches and awkward silences. He'd told only those people necessary to make it happen. And Kim. Telling Kim had been difficult, but her relief that he was finally going to be out from under all the pressure allowed the news to break with honest well-wishing. He'd written her a letter of recommendation that should have gotten her a seat on the Supreme Court, and she'd finally broken decorum by throwing herself into his arms for a goodbye hug that had had lasted a full three minutes.

With that pleasant task accomplished, he'd gotten in his car and arrived at the party in an excellent mood. He was precisely ten minutes late, just late enough to let things really get going before making his presence known. Walter had then ordered a drink, a real one, and began to make his way around the room.

There had been a moment's pause when he'd announced that he would be bringing his husbands to the party. Spouses and dates were always allowed, and Walter had been officially out at work for the last year, so eyebrows had raised, but no one had been mean.

Now, as he watched Mulder and Alex dancing with Scully to "The Time Warp", he couldn't help but laugh out loud. Alex's appearance had been met with a few hostile stares, but only one person had been stupid enough to actually say something. That person had last been seen being dragged to the alley by Kim and Dana Scully. Walter feigned ignorance. What he didn't know, he wouldn't have to fill out paperwork on. And he was blissfully, joyously finished with paperwork.

"Hey, big boy, wanna dance?" A sexy drawl in his ear brought him out of his musings with a grin. Mulder leaned over Walter's shoulder, stealing his husband's drink off the table. He was flushed and sweaty and smiling. Mulder had left the bureau a good year prior, and had been pleasantly surprised by the number of people that seemed genuinely glad to see him. Now, as he took another long drink of Walter's Wild Turkey and Coke, Mulder was happy to see that Walter was having a good time.

"Where's Alex?"

"He was talking to Reyes. Her girlfriend had to cancel at the last minute and she was a little down. He was going to get a drink, then join us on the floor. Now, wanna dance, big boy?"

"Sure." Walter allowed himself to be led to the floor, feeling a faint tightening of his nerves. It was one thing to be out, another to dance in a room full of fibbies with your same-sex husband to Robert Plant's cover of "Sea of Love." Still, Walter now had no reason left to play it straight, pun intended, so he put his arms around Mulder and began to slow dance.

It was nice. So nice, he closed his eyes and didn't notice what was happening with Alex.

Surrounded at the bar by a small but very drunk contingent and trying desperately to think of a way out without having to actually fight, Alex was on the receiving end of some serious anger. It was still all verbal, mostly because Alex wasn't saying anything, just letting the homophobes vent their bigotry while he tried to come up with a plan that didn't involve ruining Walter's party or breaking promises to his husband.

He'd just decided that a nasty scene was unavoidable, when salvation came in the form of a gruff voice with an unmistakable accent.

"Alex! There ya are. Been looking for you." John Doggett stepped through the circle easily, his reputation and past experience making a space. He held out his hand, ignoring the men around him. Alex raised the eyes he'd lowered in an attempt to keep things peaceful, and the bright green cast a pointed stare around the circle. Doggett appreciated the warning but knew what he was doing.

Holding out his hand, Doggett mock scolded, "Now, don't give me that look. I may not be Walter or even Mulder, but you promised me the next slow dance, and it's just starting."

Alex took the proffered hand, allowing himself to be safely led out of the circle. The hostiles were too drunk to be able to react quickly to this new factor, but Doggett waited until Alex was past.

"Gentlemen." He nodded at the belligerents and followed Alex toward the dance floor.

"Thanks." Alex offered it quietly on their way, and Doggett shrugged, shaking it off.

"No problem. I got nothing but respect for Walter. I trust him, trust his judgement. He says you're alright, then you're alright."

They'd reached the dance floor now, and Alex turned to face him.

"I'm safe now, Walter's right over there."

"Yup. I see him. Now, how does this work? You lead, I lead, nobody leads...?"

"Huh?" Alex's face showed his confusion, and Doggett grinned.

"Hate bigots. Like to piss 'em off. Figured tonight's as good a time as any to learn how to slow dance with another guy."

Alex studied the eyes across from his own for just a moment, then laughed out loud and wrapped his arms around Doggett's neck. Taking the cue, Doggett put a hand on each of Alex's hips and began to move. After the initial awkwardness, Doggett relaxed and found he was actually enjoying it, and secure enough in himself to admit it.

"This is nice."

"Yeah. You're a good dancer."

"You, too. Hey, Walter's gonna be okay that we're dancing, right?"

Alex smiled softly, easing Doggett's sudden spike of worry.

"Of course. Well, as long as you don't try to dip me."

Doggett gave a deep chuckle, shaking his head at the mental image.

"That's okay, I think I'll leave that to your husbands."

"Ohh, double dipping," Alex teased gently, and was rewarded when Doggett groaned.

"Shut up and dance." Doggett's voice was a growl, but he was smiling, and Alex subsided happily enough.

As the song ended, they found themselves next to Walter and Mulder. Walter saw them first and arched an eyebrow. Doggett met his eyes evenly, and Alex smiled over with shy flirtation. Walter nudged Mulder, murmuring only for him to look. Mulder raised his head from its very comfortable spot on Walter's chest just enough to turn it, allowing him to look the other way.

A confused but pleased smile broke out on Mulder's features, and as another slow song started, Doggett went with an impulse. Returning Alex to Walter, he then nodded toward Mulder.

"May I?"

Walter smiled again, a touch of knowing evil in this one.

"Pissing off the locals, John?"

"Just the ones with attitude, Walter." The older man glanced down at Mulder and saw that he was willing. Walter gallantly handed him over, mentally wishing Doggett luck. Mulder was in full play mode. Taking Alex into his arms, Walter could hear Mulder over his shoulder.

"Oh, John! I thought you'd never ask!" Mulder batted admittedly long lashes, and Doggett rolled his eyes, but played along.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, we'll always have the basement." Mulder gave a snort of amusement as Doggett's hands settled on his hips. Mulder let his own arms drape around the shorter man's neck, only to see a frown appear on the stern features. Doggett froze, obviously thinking.

"Huh. Nope. Not right, you're taller. Change." Doggett decisively put his arms around Mulder's neck. Mulder, still feeling playful, used his new grip on Doggett's hips to pull the craggy agent flush against him.

Doggett startled, his eyes finding Mulder's, seeing the glint of mischief in the hazel depths. Not wanting to give Mulder the satisfaction of winning, Doggett decided to go for broke.

To Mulder's delighted wonder and amusement, John Doggett simply laid his head on Mulder's shoulder, going as soft and sweet as any girl at her first dance. After a moment, Mulder eased back a touch, and they began to dance, acknowledging the truce.

It was odd to be swaying with his head on a cushion of hard muscle, but not unpleasant. John Doggett might have had his fair share of insecurities, but none of them concerned his sexuality or masculinity. As a result, he was able to notice the differences, appreciate them and the experience for what it was, without a qualm.

"You smell nice."

"Walter bought if for me. Armani."

"To match the suits?"

Mulder chortled, the sound rich in Doggett's ear. "Something like that."

"It's nice."

"Thanks." The song ended with no further conversation between them, but the silence was comfortable. When it was over, John kept a hold on Mulder's hand considerately as he led Mulder back to Walter.

"Your husband, sir. Thank you for the dance." With a slight bow, Doggett started to leave. He was stopped by a large hand settling lightly on his arm.

"Don't I get a dance?" Walter asked softly, his eyes showing plainly that Doggett's answer would be accepted either way.

"Do you want one?" Doggett's response was equally quiet, and Walter's eyes were full of warmth as he nodded.

"I'd like that, Walter." The music gods favored them with another slow number, and Doggett led Walter out onto the floor. He didn't hesitate, having learned his lesson with Mulder, and, as he reached up to put his arms around Walter's neck, Doggett was struck by the older man's size.

The hands at his waist were large and heavy, and Doggett was aware of the thick shoulders and the width of the chest against his own.

"Damn, Walter, I never noticed how big you were before. You're a large guy."

"I hope that's a compliment and not a reflection on all the desk duty I've pulled the last few."

"Oh no, you don't." Doggett eased back enough to look up at Walter sternly. "You are not gonna flirt with me, Walter Skinner. Now I owed you a dance, fine, it's only fair, but you try flirting with me and I'll tell your husbands it's time to take you home. We clear?" Doggett's voice was still friendly and playful, but there was an undertone that also said he was serious, and Skinner nodded his agreement.

"We're clear."

Doggett relaxed, moving back into the dance. With Alex and Mulder, even though nobody was really leading, Doggett had felt in charge of their movements. He was the one guiding them around the floor. Not so now. Walter was dictating their movements, and Doggett found it easy to follow the bigger man's lead. Very easy.

He'd been aware of Mulder's cologne in an abstract way, a pleasant scent, part of the experience. Doggett was aware of Walter's cologne as an extension of Walter. It seemed to carry the heat of Walter's body with it, along with Walter's own clean, masculine scent. He'd complimented Mulder. To mention anything to Walter would have been too personal, too intimate.

Doggett was thinking his way through suddenly complicated thoughts, when Walter's voice reached him, a bit hesitant.

"John? Why was it okay for Alex and Mulder to flirt with you, but not me?"

"Because I'm not tempted by Alex or Mulder." The words were out of his mouth before he'd even realized he'd said them.

Walter watched as Doggett's eyes showed shock at his own words, bottom lip between his teeth, muscles suddenly tight. Walter gave him a moment, making no comment, and then the body in his arms began to relax again.

"Walter, I apologize. I know you're a married man and, despite what I just said, I wasn't making a pass at you, I swear."

"I know that, John. You're not that type of man, neither am I."

"No, you aren't. You were just kidding, like Mulder and Alex. But I won't lie. It's the truth. Mulder's too high maintenance to appeal to me and Alex is too complicated. But you, I understand you. If my door was ever gonna swing that way, you'd be the first one through."

"If I didn't have Alex and Mulder, I'd knock." It was honesty returned, and not said out of kindness, Doggett could see the difference in Walter's eyes. He took another chorus of the song to examine his feelings.

John Doggett was not a touchy-feely kind of guy. He had no patience for drama or people who wanted him to get in touch with his inner child. That didn't mean, however, that he was in denial about his emotions. It only meant that he handled them the way he handled everything else in his life. He examined quickly and thoroughly, determined if it had value and placed it accordingly. It didn't matter if he was choosing a new table lamp or wondering if he was suddenly having feelings for another man, the process was the same. He allowed about the same amount of time, then made a decision.

"Walter? Are Alex and Mulder the jealous type?"

"A little, about like any guy, why?"

"Because when this dance is over, I'm leaving. And before I go, I'd like to kiss you goodbye. Hell, no point in stopping half-way. But I don't want to cause any trouble."

"I'm pretty sure they'd understand."

"So can I? Kiss you goodbye?"

"I'd like that, John."

With karmic timing, the music ended. Doggett led Skinner back to where Mulder and Alex were waiting. When he was in front of them, Doggett spoke earnestly.

"This time I'm trying not to piss anybody off, so I'm going to ask. I'd like to kiss Walter goodbye. If there's a problem with that, I won't. But I'm leaving, it's his last day, it's Christmas and, to be perfectly frank, I'm damn curious. Not about Walter, though I guess if I had a type, he'd be close. No, it's just that after three slow dances...well, I've never kissed a man, and suddenly I'm not sure why not. Walter's my friend, I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. But I'm not looking to get hurt either. So, permission granted or should I go fuck myself?"

The three married men had been having a silent but emphatic conversation with their eyes while he spoke, and now, with a last look between Mulder and Alex, both men nodded.

"No tongue." Alex looked like he hadn't meant to say it, but had been unable to stop himself.

"Hadn't planned on any, so no problem." Doggett's tone was level, and Alex ghosted a smile, nodding again.

Doggett turned to Walter, tilting his face up slightly. He'd never had to lift his face for a kiss before, but the newness was replaced by Walter's mouth coming down on his own. It wasn't a long kiss, was no more than a brief touch of Walter's mouth to his own. If he hadn't asked and Mulder and Alex had seen it, they wouldn't have been the least upset. It was too innocent, despite the faint tinge of arousal that pulsed through both men. It had been a curiosity kiss, nothing more.

"Well?" Leave it to Mulder to ask, not that Doggett could blame him.

"I'm not ready to switch teams or nothin', but if the person was right, I'd give it a go." It was true, and Doggett knew he'd just opened a great big can of worms, not that it bothered him. He worked for the X-Files, for crying out loud, there wasn't much he was frightened of or surprised by, not anymore. Certainly not by the fact that his hunky ex-boss was attractive and had given him food for thought.

"Thank you, all of you. If you need me, you know where I am. Mulder, Alex, good to see you again. Walter, you enjoy your retirement. You damn well deserve the rest. Happy Holidays, gentlemen."

With their own good wishes directed toward him, John Doggett went to find a whiskey sour and a dark corner. He had some thinking to do.

Mulder looked at Walter, catching the hint of nerves in his larger partner. Despite the fact that he'd had full permission and there had been nothing to it, Walter was a bit unsure. Mulder decided to reassure the man, the best way he knew how.

"So, how was it?"

"Nice. It wasn't about me, not really, but it was nice." Walter wouldn't lie to them, never had.

"You know, Alex, I think somebody was flirting."

Walter looked worried for about thirty seconds, then he saw the wink. Alex caught it, too, and decided to play along.

"You just might be right, Fox. I mean, we both danced with him, and we didn't get a kiss. He must have been flirting."

"What do you think we should do with him? Or rather, to him?"

Walter liked where this was going, he liked it a lot. Getting into the spirit of things, he ducked his head, going to a modified version of parade rest. It looked perfectly natural on a man like Walter, he could stand that way anywhere and no one would look twice at him. No one except Alex and Mulder, both of whom knew that was Walter's way of saying he wanted to play submissive.

Alex's eyes began to shine as he looked at Walter's stance, and he moved closer to Walter, not wanting his words overheard.

"I think we should punish him. What do you think, Fox?"

"Oh, yes. I definitely think he should be punished. But how? We could tease him all night, that would teach him a lesson."

Alex frowned, shaking his head. "No, that's too harsh, I think, although a little teasing is in order. I'm thinking something a little more physical. Something that we could all enjoy."

"Oh, something like, say, a spanking?"

Walter blushed at the word, but he inhaled sharply as well, betraying his arousal. Mulder knew what the word did to him, knew the mix of feelings it sent surging through him, and now he said it again.

"Yes. I think our bad boy needs a spanking. Do you agree, Alex?"

"A nice, long, bare bottom spanking? That kind of spanking? Or a split spanking, a few here, over his clothes in the bathroom, the rest at home, naked on the bed? That would tease him nicely."

"Wicked, as always, but brilliant. I do love the way your mind works, Alex love."

By this time, Walter was all but panting. His dress slacks were beginning to stretch tightly, and he was grateful for the pulsing lights of the dance floor that kept anyone from seeing anything too closely.

Walter watched as Mulder approached, standing just far enough away they weren't touching. Alex followed suit on the other side.

"What do you think, Walter? Do you deserve a spanking?"

This was a trick question. Sometimes Mulder was honestly curious, though they both knew the spanking was erotic, not genuinely disciplinary. Other times, it was just part of the play. Answer wrong, and he might not get spanked by Mulder, only Alex. Answer right, and he might get a bonus round applied with a hairbrush. It was an odd little game, but added to his feeling of submission.

"No, I don't think I deserve one. But I really, really want one." Gambling on the truth, Walter was relieved to see Mulder smile approvingly and motion toward the bathroom.

Walter could feel his husbands looking at his ass as he walked, and he knew he was swaying his hips, just a bit. When they got to the bathroom, he was relieved to find it nearly empty, only one man washing his hands. The man left, and Mulder took a spot as look-out while Alex approached.

"Hold onto the sink and bend over."

Walter did so eagerly, knowing they wouldn't have much time. Games were fun, but neither Mulder nor Alex would spank him in front of anyone, especially not anyone in this crowd.

"Look up, into the mirror. I want you to watch." Alex's eyes were green fire as he gave the order, and Walter couldn't hold back the groan of need this evoked. He obeyed, and Alex took his position.

The hand descended fast and hard. Noise wasn't a concern, the dance floor was just outside and the music was loud. Still, as the slap echoed around the room, loud as a gunshot, Walter felt himself blush scarlet.

"Nice color. Can't wait to make your ass match." Mulder said it from the doorway, though he was still paying close attention to his guard duties. Walter's nostrils flared, and the man grinned as he scanned the doorway again.

Alex landed another spank, to the exact same spot. Four more to that same damn spot, and Walter's hands were clenching the cold porcelain of the sink like his life depended on it. Alex switched sides, his hand now finding the tender undercurve of the left cheek. Six hard spanks, again, all landed in the same area. Walter's knuckles were white and his chest was heaving. He ached, his cock burning almost as hot as his bottom.

"Please?" It was all he said, all he could manage, and Alex looked to Mulder.

"Should we? I don't think he'll be able to make it to the car if we don't." Alex tried to appear unaffected, but his own body was buzzing with lust, and Mulder, too, didn't think he could wait.

"Hurry." The men moved to the handicapped stall, locking the door behind them. They knew they were taking a chance, but no one thought they'd last long. This was just to take the edge off, and long practice had each of them in place in a matter of moments.

Alex sat on the toilet, his pants around mid-thigh. Walter dropped to his knees in front of him, taking the erection into his mouth at once. Behind him, Mulder was pulling out a small tube, kept for just such an emergency. He didn't waste any time, only stretched Walter enough to avoid injury, then slid into the tight rear. He reached across Walter's broad back to place a kiss on Alex's open, panting mouth, then began to move, admiring the warm red spank spots on Walter's muscled rump.

It didn't take long, and soon Alex was spilling into Walter's waiting mouth, even as Mulder pulled back on the broad shoulders to raise Walter up to kneeling. Alex knew almost as much about sucking cock as he did about handguns, and it didn't take long for the skilled tongue to do the trick. Mulder, feeling the body under him clench and shudder, came almost at the same time.

A long moment for much needed oxygen, and they were standing, tucking away and zipping up. They emerged, relieved no one was waiting, and after a quickly shared kiss, left to say their goodbyes.

As Walter walked toward the door, ass aching and with the promise of more yet to come, mouth still feeling the pressure of Alex's cock and his own post-orgasmic rush making him dizzy, he only had one thought.

This was the best damn office party ever.

THE END.

xx

raven@aeneas.net

Title: Dancing
Author: Raven
Email: raven@aeneas.net
Pairing: M/K/Sk
Rating: R
Author's Notes: This is Mulder/Skinner/Krycek with hints of Doggett.
The week from hell preceded this and it's my first Doggett writing of any type. Please be gentle.
Warnings: I'd say it's a little strange but that describes most of my work. Um, holiday reference? There are a few erotic swats in this one.
Summary: Skinner's retiring, and along with his lovers, giving Doggett a peek inside the closet.
Disclaimer: The characters within these stories belong to Fox, 1013, CC et al. There is no profit made or intended from these stories, and they should be considered as being for entertainment purposes only.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]