Go to notes and disclaimers


Strays IV
by moco


Fox Mulder talked to dead people. He used to talk to the three-legged cat that he named after a one-armed assassin, but the cat didn't live with him anymore. He'd become so accustomed to sharing both his feelings and his space with another entity, that his empty apartment now felt oppressive and malevolent.

Shortly after Alex-the-Cat was evicted, Mulder found himself talking to himself. This bothered him. He might be crazy as a loon, but he wasn't insane, and he didn't want to become one of those odd people who carried on conversations with themselves.

He compromised and began talking to the dead. It seemed less strange. Some of his dead were more satisfying than others. His father, for example, pissed him off. Even dead, the man had the power to reduce his son to an inept, unattractive geek. Instead of a sounding board to bounce theories, conjectures and bad jokes off, the late Bill Mulder, in Mulder's imagination, simply heaped fuel on the bonfire of Mulder's guilt. His worst sin, not surprisingly, was the fact that Fox Mulder had not only fucked, but fell in love with, Bill Mulder's killer.

There was really no rationalizing it, not to this victim, so after the first few conversations, he pretty much ignored the memory of his father. Former colleagues were just as bad, particularly about his consorting with his superior. Even people he liked and respected, like Reggie Perdue, wouldn't try to understand about Walter Skinner, spankings and other sexual tortures. After one horrible conversation with Reggie about Alex Krycek, Mulder gave up talking with peers.

He finally settled on the one person, dead or otherwise, whom he knew would understand: Melissa Scully. Even though he'd never gotten the impression that Missy much liked him when she'd been alive, he figured that if she could forgive Krycek's involvement in her death (which Alex swore she did), and help him in his quest for redemption, then she'd surely be tolerant of Mulder's foibles.

She was, in Mulder's head at least, and he found he really enjoyed talking with her and wished he'd gotten to see more of her while she was alive.

A large part of him was embarrassed by this habit of talking with the dead, almost as much as he was embarrassed by his relationship with, and need for, Walter Skinner. Add all that to his craving for Alex Krycek, and he wondered if there'd ever be anything in his life that he could discuss in polite company.

That was his home life, not that he spent much time there.

Mulder's weekdays were spent investigating bizarre phenomenon and tracking down alien conspiracies. His weekends, for the most part, were spent on investigations of another sort.

He and Walter Skinner explored boundaries and limits, played games of bondage and domination and found, among other things, that they actually enjoyed each other's company.

What had begun as a dark lust and gnawing need evolved into something as necessary to Mulder as breathing.

Mulder had been disconcerted when his partner deduced this unorthodox relationship, but he soon came to rely on her to keep them undetected. Scully kept up with office gossip and was careful to rein Mulder in when his affection for their boss became apparent. She told him when Skinner was getting out of character, too, although the AD had no idea that Scully was aware of the affair.

Except for the fact that he hadn't heard from Alex Krycek in all this time, life was good, and Mulder was almost happy. Almost. The nagging worry he felt at the back of his mind for this deadly, damaged lover kept him from totally embracing his new relationship. He felt incomplete. And not knowing if Alex were alive or dead, he couldn't even grieve.

He'd given up looking for Alex spoor in the evenings after work or following a run. If he looked, he was disappointed, and that was just too painful.

He no longer looked, so he didn't notice the strange book on his cluttered coffee table, the vodka in the freezer or the wool muffler and cap hanging haphazardly next to a black leather jacket on his tacky coat rack. He didn't notice anything amiss until he walked into his bedroom to change and beheld Alex Krycek.

"Alex!" Mulder couldn't help the grin that split his face. Couldn't help it from slowly dying when he noticed the gun pointed unwaveringly at his chest. "Alex?" He slowed his forward motion. "Alex?" Softer.

"Where's the cat, Mulder?" Grim expression, clenched jaw.

"Alex, what's wrong?" A step forward and the gun cocked. "You're going to shoot me?"

"Where's the fucking cat!" There was a note of hysteria in Krycek's voice.

Mulder put out a placating hand. "Landlord found out about him."

"So you what? Put him down? Gave him away? Couldn't bring yourself to leave this," he gestured wildly with the gun, "mansion? Find a place that takes cats? You just got rid of him?"

"No!" Mulder reached out slowly as if to stroke Alex' face. "He's with a friend."

"Scully." Krycek said it sadly, resigned.

Mulder shook his head and smiled. He was beginning to understand. "I couldn't leave here, Alex. How would you find me?" He moved forward until he actually could touch his lover. "Your namesake is fine. He likes it at Walter's. There're more things to get into there."

"Walter's. Skinner?"

"Yeah." Mulder gently took the gun out of Krycek's hand, uncocked it and slipped the safety on. He tossed it gently onto the bed. "I took your advice." He placed his hands on each side of Krycek's face. "God I missed you," he said, leaning in for a kiss.

A miracle. Kissing Alex was akin to prayer, especially when he was like this. Gentle and...earnest...

Alex Krycek was the one man Mulder had never been able to profile, but in this instance, he understood what was happening and knew exactly what to do. He finished the sweetest kiss of his life, smiled gently at his missing lover, then slid slowly to his knees.

"What the hell are you doing?" Alex demanded, frowning.

"Awaiting your pleasure," Mulder answered serenely.

"My pleasure?" Alex sneered the words.

Mulder nodded. "I surrender."

"Surrender?"

"Acquiesce. Abdicate. Yield. Sub..."

Krycek interrupted the litany. "Shut up, Mulder."

Fox immediately fell silent. He stared up at Krycek, keeping his face as devoid of emotions as he could. Open, but giving nothing away. "Don't move," Krycek said after a long silence. Mulder willed himself not to react when Alex stepped over to the bed and picked up the gun. "What if my pleasure is to kill you?" he asked, putting the gun to Mulder's head.

"Then so be it," Fox replied, tearing his eyes away from Alex's to stare straight ahead, awaiting execution.

"Any last requests?" Alex asked, cocking the gun.

Mulder met his eyes again. "Yes." Krycek smirked, as if some preconceived notion were confirmed. "Watch over my mother. Don't let Cancerman get to her again."

The smirk disappeared. Whatever Alex was expecting, it wasn't this. Mulder kept watching as Krycek's face became a mask, brittle porcelain.

"I'm planning to kill you, Mulder," he said in his whispery, desperate voice. "Why would you ask this of me?"

Fox let all his love show through. "Because, if you promise me this, I know your next round won't be in your own head."

The mask began to crack. "I've just killed you, Mulder. Why would you care?"

Mulder allowed himself a small smile. "Because, I can't fathom a world without you in it," he replied in his own intimate whisper. Alex swallowed and shuddered, making Mulder breathe a little easier.

"Maybe I'll just maim you a little." Alex caressed Mulder's cheek with the barrel of his Glock. Fox's reply was to lean into the caress, almost nuzzling the gun, wringing a small cry out of Krycek.

"Suck me," Alex ordered in a strangled voice, barely able to get the words out.

Mulder's smile widened as he eagerly complied, loosing Alex's partially erect cock. His half-mast state was a testament to the reforming assassin's emotional turmoil, so Mulder did his utmost to put Alex's mind at rest by coaxing his second favorite penis to full dress attention. (Fox counted his own as number one on his list of favorites, with both Krycek's and Skinner's in firm second place, depending on which one was currently satisfying certain cravings.)

He nipped and licked from base to tip and back, sighing in contentment as he burrowed his nose into the dark, crisp pubic curls, breathing deeply of Krycek's unique scent, renewing the imprint of that scent in his brain. He faltered momentarily when he first took Alex deep, not-so-vaguely aware of the shifting of the gun from Krycek's real right hand to the stiff plastic prosthesis. He felt fear for the first time in this encounter, not knowing how much actual control Alex had with it.

He whimpered a bit, then was soothed when the fleshly right hand carded itself through his hair to rest comfortingly against the back of his skull. Alex didn't direct his thrusts, but the threat was there, and Mulder tried to forget about the gun at his head and concentrate on the cock in his mouth. He was bracing himself on Krycek's sturdy thighs, their muscular solidity a Truth he'd never need question. He could tell when Alex was close to coming, just by the shift in his thigh muscles, so he was unsurprised when he was pushed roughly away.

Alex panted and cursed him, almost sobbing as he fought for control. Mulder sat back serenely on his heels, waiting for both instructions and forgiveness of whatever transgression had made Death a player in this game.

"Skinner's been making you practice," Alex rasped out. "I'll have to remember to thank him for that." Mulder wouldn't rise to the bait, rather sitting back on his heels, eyes downcast. He didn't just wait, though, snaking his tongue out along his full lower lip, moistening it, fully expecting to be pulled up into a kiss. The slap came as a shock, knocking him off balance and onto his side. "Get these jeans off me. Then you can do something useful with that tongue."

Mulder fought his temper, knowing that to strike back now would destroy whatever relationship they might have. At the very best, they'd end in a fuck of frustration but be unable to ever connect without hurting. At worst, one of them really would kill the other. So he reined in his natural tendency to beat the shit out of the silly bastard as he righted himself, resisting the urge to lick at the blood he felt trickling from the corner of his mouth. Let him look at blood if it turned him on.

He lowered his eyes demurely, mentally cataloging various planned torments in order of intensity, and gently eased off Krycek's boots and socks before tugging the loosened jeans down the lean hips.

Despite his anger, the scent of Alex's arousal made his mouth water, and he swallowed convulsively.

"Come on, Mulder." Alex widened his stance. "Get that tongue working. But don't touch my cock. When I come, I'm coming up your ass."

This was more like it. Mulder crawled closer, running his hands up the front of those beloved thighs and around the back and up to gently knead that best-loved butt. He adored Skinner's ass, it was hard and tight and Mulder could become erect just thinking about it, a pornographer's wet dream. But there was something about the roundness of Alex's butt that seemed somehow vulnerable, muscular though it was. Walter's ass was challenging in its perfection, whereas Alex's was inviting. His pleaded to be stroked and petted, begged to be breached. And although Mulder was more than willing to turn bottoms up, he didn't intend for Krycek to leave this room until he'd gotten his own pound of flesh. Or more accurately, pounding of flesh.

But that was for later. Now he nuzzled past the purpled cock, risking a slurp to the underside that earned him a slight cuff, to begin long, soft licks to the tender crease between leg and pelvis. He lapped there until he felt quivering, then dry-licked cat fashion across the balls to the opposite crease, where he began again.

Mulder could lick this body forever, he felt, talking sustenance from the salt and secretions he forced from it.

Alex was having none of it, though, and kept him moving with light slaps when the effects were too intense. At one point, Mulder had Alex almost sitting on his shoulders when the agent tried to crawl through the wide-spread legs to get to the goodies behind. Trying to not-so-subtly knock Alex off balance got him another hard cuff, so in apology Mulder knelt low to kiss and lap Krycek's elegant left foot, paying particular attention to the high arch. He moved up the ankle and calf, gently urging Alex to turn.

Mulder nipped at the back of his knees, causing a growled warning of "no teeth." Fox grinned to himself and slurped his way up the backs of Alex's legs until he was face-to-face, so to speak, with the lush sweetness of Krycek's ass. He couldn't suppress a little throaty gurgle of glee. He'd dreamed about this ass for months, tasted it in his fantasies. And now here it was. Mulder leaned close, hands on the narrow hips, and breathed deep. He smelled arousal and musk, and his own brand of soap.

Another smile. Alex had washed himself a short time before, obviously readying himself for Mulder, a task Mulder'd have to see to himself before they got much further along. But that was for later.

Now, he placed his thumbs in the crease, pulling the cheeks apart, making room. Krycek's moan of anticipation spiked Mulder's own arousal, sending pre-come to soak through his briefs and into the fine wool of his now wrinkled suit.

He buried his face in the crease, stomach clinching to control the short-lived gag reflex triggered by his cortex screaming "filth" before being overcome by lust and hunger from his hypothalamus.

The taste was even better than the smell. Krycek seemed to pull away and Mulder made frustrated noises until he realized the pretty thug was merely leaning against the wall, no longer able to stand on his own, which put him at a better angle for Mulder's access. Perfect. Mulder made his tongue a hard little spear, worming it into the tight gateway. Alex squirmed, moaning almost continuously. Mulder tongue-fucked him until his squirms became full-fledged hip rotations, humming in reply to the moans, sending vibrations deep inside his lover.

Alex made a noise that Mulder had never heard him make, right before he abruptly turned, knocking Mulder back on his haunches. Alex leaned his shoulders against the wall, hips bucking slightly, breathing hard. Mulder watched from the floor, still not sure if Krycek was over his homicidal bent. The Glock had disappeared, which Mulder took as a good sign. He wasn't alarmed then when Alex, recovered somewhat, reached down to grab his lapels, hauling him to his feet and in close for a kiss.

Alex pushed him away and wiped his lips. "Jesus, Mulder! Go wash. You smell like my ass!"

Mulder glared back, anger flaring again. What the hell did he expect him to smell like? "I like the way your ass smells," he stated, debating on whether he should try to beat the bad mood out of the outlaw. But he wanted to do this peacefully, show his love and acceptance with something other than his fists. Not an easy task.

"Well, I don't." Alex fell back onto the bed, looking faintly ridiculous wearing nothing but his rampant erection and a "Ski Kansas" t-shirt.

Mulder contemplated his options for a moment longer before turning to the bathroom. There'd be time for paybacks. He wasn't going to let Krycek leave anytime soon. Especially now that he'd put the gun away.

Fox not only washed his face and teeth, he took care of other bathroom necessities, too.

"Took your own sweet time," was Krycek's only comment when Mulder returned. Fox made no answer on his way to the bed, merely sank silently to his knees, wincing slightly. He'd have bruises tomorrow, and silently gave thanks that Skinner wasn't into kneeling games. "I'm not pointing a gun at you anymore, Mulder," Alex stated, lying on his side, head propped up on his hand.

"The gun never had anything to do with this." He held Krycek's gaze.

Alex opened his mouth to speak, closed it, pursed his lips and sighed. "Why are you still dressed?"

Mulder couldn't help the grin. "Because you never told me to undress."

Another long suffering sigh. "Get undressed, Mulder."

Mulder clambered to his feet to comply, stripping quickly and tossing his needed-to-be dry-cleaned suit into a corner. He debated leaving on his tie, just for effect, but then decided he really didn't want to give Alex any new ideas. While he climbed onto the bed, Alex opened the nightstand drawer, presumably looking for lube and condoms.

"You kept it," he said softly, bringing out a shiny black rhinestone-studded collar with a heart-shaped tag dangling from an s-hook.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Mulder kneeled in front of him, the bed much more comfortable on his knees than the carpet.

Alex shrugged, eyes still on the collar. "You got rid of the cat."

"The cat got evicted," Mulder corrected. He scooched up close, until their knees were touching. "Besides, he's happier at Walt's. You wouldn't believe," he planted a kiss on the tip of Alex's tiny nose, "what a sap that man is. He's built this huge," another kiss on the side of the mouth, "cat condo all up over his front window." A kiss on the other side of his mouth. "It's amazing." Soft kiss on the lips. "He's very good with his hands."

Alex snorted. "I'll just bet."

Mulder leaned back and studied him, head cocked. "You know, this little jealous streak of yours is sort of cute." Alex arched his eyebrows. "In a murderous kind of way." That almost got a laugh.

Fox brushed his hands lightly up Alex's cock, traced around his navel with both thumbs, grasping the hem of his shirt to peel it off. He was stopped by a small slap. "Don't presume," Alex said frowning.

"Well, it's hard to take you seriously with that on. Where the hell did you find it?"

Alex looked down his chest at the skier posed for downhill racing in the middle of a flat, snow-covered after-harvest corn field. "Yugoslav thrift shop."

"They have thrift shops in Yugoslavia?"

Alex's well-duh expression caused his face to burn. Mulder hated to blush; his face got blotchy and his nose turned about three shades brighter than everything else.

"I think we need to worry more about what you're wearing," whispered the assassin, reaching to place the collar around Mulder's throat. Fox groaned from his increased arousal and felt himself burning even hotter. This turned him on as much as it had the first time. The first time he wore the collar was the first time he had sex, real sex, with Krycek. And it had been a very long time.

"Please," he moaned.

"You want something, Fox?" They were close, knees to knees. Mulder could feel Alex's warm breath as he spoke and the heat from his body. The hem of the silly t-shirt brushed against the tops of Mulder's thighs.

"Alex, please. You're killing me here."

"So, what is it you need, Fox?" Alex fingered the red heart-shaped tag hanging from the collar, rubbing his thumb across the engraved "Fox," making Mulder overly conscious of the engraving on the flip side of the heart: "Property of A. Krycek." "You, I want you," he was finding it difficult to speak. "Please, Alex. Do me now."

Alex let go of the heart to trail his hand down Mulder's chest, tweaking a nipple and tugging gently at the sparse chest hair. "I like it when you beg me." Mulder's bruised mouth was captured in a kiss. "On your back," Alex commanded when they broke for air.

Mulder complied, letting Krycek position him in the middle of the unmade bed. He lifted his hips obediently for the pillows Alex pushed under him and allowed his knees to be spread and pushed back. "Hold 'em," Alex directed.

"Alex," Mulder moaned. He felt so incredibly...sluttish...holding himself spread open like this. If he wasn't touched soon, he'd implode.

"Oh, yeah," Krycek breathed at him, "beautiful." He brought his hand down Mulder's leg from the back of the knee to the cleft in his ass, teasing and circling his anus.

Mulder was too far gone in sexual heat to appreciate the husky chuckle, but later he'd replay this scene over and over to masturbate by: Alex teasing his entrance, laughing at the involuntary reaction of that tight little doorway.

"Ooh, hungry, aren't we?" Krycek cooed, almost breaching the sphincter. "Greedy little mouth wants fed, huh?" Twisting until just the tip of his finger was inside, not bothering yet with lubrication of any kind, not even spit. Mulder was so hot he almost didn't care, only rasping out "lube" when Alex went into the second knuckle. More laughter of "Baby wants it slick now, does he?" and a gaping emptiness when the finger withdrew. Then cool slick on the hottest part of his body. "Hungry, baby. Papa's gonna feed you now, fill you up good. Fill you till you scream."

The finger was back, twisting and stretching. One became two, and then they were gone, to be replaced with something harder and hotter.

"Finally," Mulder breathed, eliciting another chuckle. He groaned through the burn and his groans soon became incoherent cries. Alex didn't give him much time to adjust before beginning a driving beat.

"Feed the baby. Gonna feed the baby," he chanted in rhythm. Neither man lasted very long, their deadly "foreplay" taking its toll. Mulder milked himself to Krycek's beat, not even trying to hold off his climax. Alex followed, shouting "Baby, baby, baby!"

Mulder lowered his legs with a groan, and they lay together panting. When he could breath again, Mulder rolled over Krycek's limp form to reach into the nightstand for wet wipes. He cleaned them up, carefully peeling the condom off the near comatose Krycek. Collapsing back, Mulder turned his head to scrutinize his lover. The t-shirt was soaked in sweat, hanging on a too-thin form. Alex's hair was cut short, and there was an almost fragile look to his face.

"What?" Alex responded to the scrutiny.

"Feed the baby?" It was Krycek's turn to blush. Mulder's gaze didn't waver, causing Alex's blush to deepen. He turned a deep, uniform rose, even his nose. Life was not fair.

"There wasn't a whole lot of blood getting to my brain," Alex said finally, by way of explanation.

Mulder rolled until he was half laying on Alex, nuzzling. "You're a very scary man," he said to Krycek's throat.

"I should go," Alex made a movement to disentangle himself, but Mulder tightened his hold.

"You just got here," Fox pulled the t-shirt collar down and bit him on the collarbone, sucking to mark.

"You have a life," Alex squirmed. "You don't need me in it."

"Yeah, so? It's never stopped you before."

"You never had anybody before."

Mulder sucked another mark along Krycek's collar bone. "I like the homicidal maniac better than the suffering martyr."

"Fuck you."

"Later." Mulder gave up trying to access flesh from the collar, moving down to kiss Alex's limp cock head, rim his navel and then shove up his t-shirt hem to plant a loud raspberry in the middle of the flat belly. He tensed his shoulders against the protesting slaps, running his hands up under the shirt to circle the tiny, erect nipples. He broadened the circles, until he encountered tight, too-smooth flesh.

He stared at his lover for a moment, then shoved the shirt up to Krycek's throat, discovering three new round scars, located slightly above the left nipple. All were red and only slightly healed.

"How close did I come to losing you?" he whispered.

Alex closed his eyes and took a deep breath before meeting Mulder's stare. "Close."

Mulder's hands convulsed, and he said nothing, merely planted a soft kiss under the grouping.

"I died, Fox."

"Oh, god," Mulder groaned.

"I died and was gone from my body. I saw it. Like they say in the books. I was gone and like floating, you know? Floating away, and then I saw Missy, and she made me go back."

"Go back?"

"Back into my body. She made me."

"Melissa Scully?"

"She made me," Alex repeated. "She can be a real bully. You wouldn't think it to look at her, but she is." He avoided eye contact, looking past Mulder at a glow-in-the-dark Bart Simpson setting atop Mulder's chest'o'drawers. "Is Scully...Dana, I mean...like that?" he glanced at Fox, who remained speechless. "It'd explain a lot."

"I don't want to lose you, Alex," Mulder said when he could get his voice to work. "I want you here. With me." He began to maneuver the shirt over Krycek's head.

"That's what Missy said," Alex cooperated with his de-shirting, which calmed Mulder. "She said you needed me, that you were talking to yourself."

Mulder swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry. "She said that?"

"Yeah. So, do you?" Mulder was silent. "Fox?"

He laid them down, entwining himself with Alex, leg between leg, arm over chest, pelvis to hip. "I don't talk to myself. I did. For a little while, but I don't anymore."

"Good," Alex said a little sadly.

"Now I talk to dead people."

"Excuse me? Did you say 'dead people'?"

Mulder nodded, uncomfortable. "People I know who've died. Like Melissa. I talk to Melissa."

Alex's expression didn't change. "Does she talk back?"

"No. It's not like she's really there. I mean, I don't see her or anything. I...just talk to her." Alex looked solemn but not skeptical like Mulder would expect. He continued, unable to stop. "It's so lonely here now with Alex gone. He's a good listener. I miss having him here. Of all the people I've ever known, Melissa seems the most likely to...well...to understand about...everything..." His voice tapered off.

"Everything?"

"Yeah, like Walter and pain and you and why I can't stop my quest and—"

"Pain?"

"What?"

"Pain." Mulder gave Alex his best blank look. "As in Walter and pain and me...?"

Fox nuzzled in closer and spoke to the crook between Krycek's neck and shoulder. "I couldn't get it out of my mind, Alex. What I did to you...with that old belt...and what you said about keeping the nightmares away and letting you sleep and I couldn't stop thinking about Walter and what you said about him and I started pushing him and pushing him and finally he showed up here to confront me and I told him what I needed and he knew...Alex, he understood about...it...and he helps me...we...help each other...it's good between us, Alex. It's really good." He bit down slightly, sucking to leave a light mark.

"Oh, god, Fox. What I've done to you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"No, don't be!" There was a smile in Mulder's voice, and he tightened his hold. Then he bit Alex again and tweaked a nipple. "I feel better than I have in years. I sleep at night. Hell, except for aliens colonizing the earth, my life is pretty damn good. Well, I do miss the cat, I talk to dead people, and I didn't know if you were dead or alive. Call the next time you're lying near death."

"You'd have been better off if I'd died. Melissa was wrong, Fox. You don't need me."

"I do," whispered against Alex's chest.

"No, you don't." He wouldn't look at Mulder. "You've got Skinner. He's better for you. Less baggage."

Fox made a sound of disgust. He rolled over onto Alex until he was sitting straddled on his stomach. "You want baggage? An assistant director of the FBI is having a homosexual affair with a subordinate. A subordinate who is considered both a political embarrassment and a lunatic. Imagine the scandal."

"So you want me?"

Mulder nodded. "I want you both."

"Skinner'll love that."

"He won't make me choose." Alex raised a skeptical eyebrow. "We've already talked about it." Mulder bounced a little, making Alex go "oof." "Don't you."

Alex bucked suddenly, dislodging and dumping Mulder onto his side. They tussled playfully before Mulder let himself be rolled over and sat on. "Greedy," said Alex leaning down for a kiss.

"Uh huh," Mulder answered around the rogue's roving tongue.

"Greed can be good," Alex said when they broke for air. "I can relate to greed."

"So you're okay with this? Sharing me?"

"Okay doesn't quite describe it." He bounced. "I'm pragmatic, though, and he's obviously good for you."

"Skinner has become as necessary to me as air." Fox ran his hands up and down Alex's thighs, tracing circles with his thumbs. "As necessary as you." He watched Krycek's eyes widen.

"I'm incredibly UN-necessary, Fox."

"Not to me you're not." Mulder gazed intently into the jade green orbs, trying to relay the feelings he didn't have words for. The phone ringing brought him back to earth and he watched in horror as his nemesis stretched toward the nightstand and answered it.

"Mulder," said Krycek in a passable imitation of the agent's voice. Fox struggled to get out from under him, but Alex merely settled heavier on his stomach. "Walter," the rogue purred, "I was just thinking about you." Mulder squirmed, and Krycek bounced to keep him quiet. "I sound strange? Fancy that." He switched to his own voice. "Must be an X-File."

Mulder could hear Skinner's angry voice, even though he couldn't understand the words. He didn't really need to.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Alex drawled in answer to some threat. "We'll see how tough you are stripped naked with your ass in the air." A pause. Krycek wiggled a little while he listened, making Mulder squirm underneath him. "So that mean you're up for a party? We'll be waiting for you, Walter. I'll get him nice and warmed up for you. See you soon." He clicked off and laid the phone down.

Mulder glared up at him. "This is your idea of sharing?"

Alex gifted him with an angelic smile that sent chills up his back. "Didn't your mother warn you about being careful what you wished for?" the rogue whispered.

"Alex," Mulder warned. Krycek bounced a few times in reply, pursing his lips and frowning, as if pondering a great thought. He grinned suddenly, bounced hard once before scrambling off to the edge of the bed. His prosthetic gave him an odd hands-and-knees gate, reminding Mulder of his three-legged cat.

Adrenaline surged through Mulder when Alex reached over the side of the bed and came up with the Glock. "What are you—?"

"Don't worry, Mulder. I'm not going to shoot Mount Baldy. Quite the opposite." Alex proceeded to empty the clip, placing the rounds in the night stand drawer. He pulled the slide back, too, and removed the last cartridge by hand before dry-firing several times, pointing toward the bathroom, making sure the gun was empty. "I just wanna make sure he doesn't shoot me." He settled himself at the head of the bed, making himself comfortable with pillows behind his back. He was in easy reach of the empty gun on the nightstand.

The anticipatory gleam in his eyes was scarier to Mulder than the desperate psychopath of earlier. "Alex," he whispered, "I care for him."

"I know. And now I'm going to get you all ready for him." He reached for Mulder's collar, tugging the heart tag toward him. "Come on. I want him to see what I do to you."

"Oh, god," Mulder moaned, scooching up towards him. This wasn't at all what he'd had in mind when he said he wanted them to share. Truthfully, he hadn't really thought about what exactly sharing would entail. It had seemed so academic and far away. Now, it was almost here and getting closer. Skinner lived a scant quarter hour away. "I'm a slut."

"Yes, you are," Alex pulled Fox's legs this way and that, arranging him so that his ass was almost in Alex's lap, legs akimbo on either side, bent and sprawled. "It's one of your virtues. Now let's see if you're still juiced and loose." Mulder felt helpless against the lust Krycek engendered in him. What would Walter think when he saw him like this?

Alex inspected Mulder's anus, which was still stretched and lubed from the sex. "Pretty, pretty," he said inserting two fingers. "Let's just see how hot I can get you before this menage is complete." He scissored and twisted, finally locating Mulder's hard little pleasure gland.

Mulder was laying mostly on his shoulders, totally open and accessible to Krycek's probing. He'd be sore tomorrow, he knew, but it felt so damn good now. Spirals of pleasure, like the aftermath of a good orgasm, cycled through him, leaving him lethargic and unable to do anything other than submit and enjoy. Krycek's murmured endearments, obscene suggestions and loving curses only added to Mulder's pleasure, sending him into a deep sexual high.

He was incoherent by the time Skinner reached his apartment.

Mulder didn't hear a thing, so far into sexual oblivion that his universe had narrowed down to a single body part. Krycek obviously heard Skinner's key at the door. Abruptly, he exited Mulder's body and wiped his fingers on the sheet. Shoving long legs off to one side, he grabbed an arm, pulling Mulder up and around until he could hook his stiff left arm around the agent's neck, holding the empty gun to his head with his right.

Later, when Mulder could think again, he'd cringe at Skinner's despairing look when the big man first beheld his lover held at gunpoint by a person Skinner had every reason to hate.

"Hey, Walter," purred Alex, drawing little circles on Mulder's temple with the muzzle.

"Krycek." He said the name like a curse.

"Please disarm yourself. We want to keep this civilized."

When Skinner hesitated, Alex moved the gun, stroking, down Fox's face, tracing the outsized nose down to his mouth, caressing his lips. Mulder moaned through the caress, pressing into the gun.

"Mulder?" Skinner said, glaring.

"Wha—?" Mulder tried to form words, but his ass was still twitching from Krycek's finger fucking and his mouth just didn't seem to work. And at the moment, he couldn't figure out the connection.

"What the hell's wrong with him?"

"Sex-stupid," Alex said fondly. "Surely you've seen him in this state before." He ran the gun under Mulder's chin, looking pointedly at Skinner.

"You're not going to shoot him," Skinner said as he took his service pistol out of the holster at his back.

Indicating the night stand with his chin, Krycek said, "Now the hideout."

"I don't have one," Skinner stated through clenched teeth, putting his gun down.

"Oh, please." They matched glares for a long beat. Mulder, beginning to come out of his stupor, caught Skinner's eye and managed to smile, nodding slightly.

A muscle bulged in the AD's jaw before he bent down to unstrap his ankle holster. Straightening, he slapped it down next to its mate. "Now what?"

Krycek cocked his head, making a show of thinking. "Well, you're a tad overdressed. I think now would be a good time to remedy that." He nuzzled into the side of Mulder's neck, eyes never leaving the AD.

Mulder's stomach clenched at the thought of both his lovers naked, here, in this bed, together. Both lust and an irrational wave of jealousy spilled over him. They were both so...so...beautiful that he became afraid. What if they wanted each other more than they wanted him. What if they had sex and still hated each other and decided he wasn't worth the irritation. What if they killed each other? What if this worked?

His cock twitched.

Krycek's attention was riveted on Skinner's slow peeling off of his blue-gray Henley, the gun held loose by the side of Mulder's face. On impulse, Fox turned and kissed the gun barrel. No one paid any attention. He licked it. Skinner had tossed his shirt in the corner on top of Mulder's suit and was toeing off his shoes. Mulder hardened his tongue and rimmed the barrel. Still nothing.

Krycek and Skinner were too intent on each other to pay any attention to Fox, and he was unused to not being the center of their worlds. Sex-stupid or not, he knew a sure-fire way to remedy that. Since Alex seemed hypnotized by the unbuckling of Skinner's belt, he didn't notice Fox maneuvering the gun barrel with his nose until he could actually get it in his mouth.

Going down on the four-inch barrel of Krycek's Glock was strangely erotic. Although Fox knew intellectually that he was in no danger, his body felt somewhat differently. Adrenaline surged through him, charging all of his nerve endings. He put his soul into it, licking and sucking as if it were animate and could feel, and missed Skinner's utter look of horror when he noticed the gun in Mulder's mouth.

Krycek noticed the look, however. "Christ!" he yelled, jerking the gun away and throwing it across the room.

"Ow!" cried Fox, gingerly feeling his already sore mouth. "It was empty," he protested to Krycek's outraged "Are you nuts!"

"I don't care! You know bett—shit!" Alex's tirade was cut short when a large hand clamped around his throat, jerking him away from Mulder.

"Walter?" Another hand hooked around the collar Mulder forgot he was wearing. Using his thumb to flip over the little red tag, Skinner read the engraving, snorted and shoved Mulder away. The agent died a little, thinking that Walter had reached his limit.

"You think he's yours?" Skinner whispered to Krycek, tightening his grip. "Well, you can have him, boy." Mulder whimpered in despair. "But that means your ass is mine." A small shake, like a terrier with a rat. "And what's yours belongs to me now." Another shake. "Remember that."

Skinner released Krycek with a sudden push, sending the rogue toward the middle of the bed. Even while he tried to comfort the gasping-for-breath Alex, Mulder couldn't keep his eyes off the big AD, whose eyes never wavered from Krycek's. Skinner sliding his belt through the loops was a turn on for Mulder during normal times. Now, the act was not just tinged with danger, it was an act of war. Mulder found himself stroking Alex's arm, petting him, comforting and being comforted.

The belt was the first movement in an elaborate game of power in which Mulder was the prize. He'd already played one part as catalyst and was now relegated to the wings. What would happen with this convoluted relationship was out of his hands, and all he could do was watch.

"Mulder says you have stones," Skinner said, doubling the belt and slapping it lightly against his thigh. "He says you're the toughest son of a bitch he's ever known. Says you can take anything anybody can dish out."

Krycek swallowed visibly, light fingerprint-sized bruises already showing on his throat. "That what he says?" he said hoarsely.

Skinner nodded, still slapping the belt. "I personally haven't seen it."

Alex licked his lips and smirked. "I don't know about anybody, but I can certainly deal with anything you've got to give."

The belt kept time with Mulder's heartbeat, and he wondered if that were more than coincidence.

"Show me," Skinner whispered.

Krycek's smirk turned into a wide, humorless grin. Silently, he stretched out on his stomach, arms and legs spread wide, face buried in a pillow.

He wiggled a bit, as if drilling his groin into the bed, a patented Krycek seduction move. Mulder wondered if it had as much impact on Skinner as it had on him.

If it did, it didn't stop the big man. The first blow of the belt made Mulder start. Skinner laid a livid red stripe across Krycek's ivory ass. Alex didn't move. Even his fingers remained loose and unclenched.

The second blow left a parallel stripe across the small of his back. Mulder whimpered, but Alex didn't even flinch.

Skinner kept the stripes moving up, evenly spaced lines of red from Krycek's ass to shoulder blades. Then the stripes got creative. Diagonals, forming diamonds, and soon the diamonds were filled in. Someone started to keen, an eerie high-pitched sound. Mulder thought it came out of Krycek, but he couldn't be sure. He clamped his hands over his own mouth, making sure the sounds weren't his.

The outlaw still hadn't moved.

Mulder didn't see how he could do that—take those blows and not move. He couldn't have done it. He'd tried with this very belt and couldn't; couldn't lay still not knowing when exactly the blows were coming or where they'd land. Mulder liked being tied. He needed the freedom that came with struggling against unbreakable bonds, while screaming his pain and fury to the heavens.

This battle of wills unnerved him, and he wondered if Alex would let himself get beat to death rather than react to Skinner.

"Alex," Mulder whispered.

"Fox," Alex replied in a whimper. Then louder, "Fox!" and finally a wailed "Fooxx!" It was as if Mulder's plea accomplished what Skinner's blows could not.

Galvanized, Mulder grabbed Skinner's upraised arm. "That's his safe word! It means he's had enough."

Skinner shrugged him off. "Not hardly."

"Walter, no! Stop it now!"

The muscle in Skinner's jaw jumped. "I know a little more about this than you do, Mulder. Now, you either trust me or you don't," he said through clenched teeth.

There it was again. Trust. He trusted Skinner with his own life, but Krycek's, too? Could he? Did he? This was a pivotal moment, a crossroads of sorts, and his entire future rested with his answer. "Oh, god," he moaned and stepped away.

The strapping began again. Mulder found himself once again next to the bed on sore knees, clutching the bedclothes in time with Krycek's right hand clenching and unclenching the pillow he'd used to muffle his cries. In that moment, Mulder understood. Although Alex had cried 'Uncle,' so to speak, his body language had barely changed since the start.

He was still spread-eagle, his posture almost relaxed, giving nothing away. If Skinner stopped the beating before Krycek gave anything up, Krycek would win.

Skinner didn't like to lose.

The blows continued. Mulder didn't understand how they could do this. Skinner was sweating, head and torso glistening as if he were coated in oil. His arm and shoulder had to be aching, but he didn't even slow, and Krycek didn't move.

When Alex cracked, he did it suddenly, surprising everyone.

"I'm sorry, papa!" he screamed, curling into a tight ball. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" over and over.

Skinner immediately dropped the belt. A jut of his chin sent Mulder scurrying to the bathroom. When he returned with a wet washcloth and a bottle of aloe, Skinner was sitting on the side of the bed, stroking Alex's hair, murmuring rough endearments and encouragement, telling him how brave and strong and wonderful he was. "Shh, shh," he said, "it's over now. You're okay. We're okay. It's all right. We'll get through this."

Mulder stood silent, unaware of the tears on his own face.

Skinner took the washcloth and attempted to get to Alex's face, but he only curled tighter. Not pressing, Skinner merely traded the cloth for the aloe and began to dribble the cool gel over the Krycek parts he could get to.

Mulder closed his eyes briefly and felt his cock harden. This was the good part, the payoff. Being so gently tended to by this big, hard man was unbelievably erotic. Being punished by him and then forgiven was even better. Alex was so lucky.

Mulder moaned lowly while Skinner lightly smoothed gel over the welted, outraged flesh, wishing it were him, and glad it wasn't. He marveled. For all the brutality of that massive beating, no skin was broken, no blood drawn. Skinner was very good at what he did.

The ball Alex was curled into gradually loosened as Skinner soothed and comforted. When his face became visible, Mulder leaned in with the now cooled washcloth, wiping away tears and snot. He'd need to change his sheets.

"There now, it's all over. You were very brave, I'm so very proud," Skinner murmured soothingly. "Fox is here, and he's going to fuck you now. Would you like that?" A slight nod and a choked sound that could have been a 'yes.'

Skinner stood, relieved Fox of the damp washcloth, kissed him gently and left the room, grabbing his shirt and closing the door after him.

Mulder stared toward the closed door, waiting with dread for the sound of his apartment door. When he heard the refrigerator opening and closing and then the pop of a beer can, he breathed a silent prayer of thanks to the universe. He wanted them both.

"Fox?"

"Hey," he answered softly, climbing back on the bed. "You doing okay?"

"Hmmm. Floating."

"God bless endorphins," Fox said while reaching for a condom and lube. He helped Alex up to his knees and entered him with very little need for prep.

"You're so relaxed," Fox said, kissing a shoulder blade.

"Feel good," Alex slurred, almost asleep.

Everything about their lovemaking was languorous, lethargic even, except the orgasms. Alex cried out when he came, the way he hadn't when he'd been beaten. It was a loud wail, full of sadness and despair. Mulder wondered if they were all mourning the loss of each other.

He wanted both of them, but had to wonder if the price they'd pay for his desires was too high, too dear. That they were both willing to pay it humbled him, and added more fuel to the bonfire of his guilt.

Alex sighed as Mulder cleaned him up and fell fast asleep, bothered not in the least by Mulder's tugging and pushing to maneuver him under the covers.

Mulder stroked him for awhile, finger-combing his hair back into place and lightly tracing the welts and bruises across his shoulders and down his back. He marveled at the love he felt for this beautiful, damaged, deadly man. His enemy. How it seemed so wrong and felt so right.

He wanted them both.

Laying one last kiss on Krycek's temple, Mulder rose from the bed, donned a pair of sweatpants and prepared to face Skinner.

Walter was sitting on the couch reading, a glass of colorless liquid in one hand, feet propped on the coffee table. The television was on and silent.

Mulder plucked the hardback copy of Douglas Adam's "Life, The Universe and Everything" out of Skinner's hand and looked at it quizzically for a moment before setting it down.

"You brought a book?" he asked, settling himself on Skinner's lap.

"It was on the table," Skinner said, gathering up as much of Mulder as he could hold. "I assumed it was yours."

Fox shook his head, "My copy's an old paperback."

"Well, this one's a signed first edition." They kissed. "He must have brought it as a gift for you."

"You know what the answer is, don't you?" Skinner merely cocked an eyebrow. "To life, the universe and everything?" At Skinner's slight smile, Mulder answered himself: "42."

"I've always thought so," Walter said and kissed him again. When they broke for air, he offered Mulder a sip from the glass of vodka he still held.

"It's not bad."

"Yeah. He's got better taste in vodka than you have in beer."

"What's wrong with my beer?" Mock outrage.

"How anyone who wears Armani can drink generic beer..."

"Generic beer is how I afford the Armani," Mulder began. Skinner shut him up with another kiss.

"Fox," Skinner said, nipping at his full lower lip, "get the fuck off of me. You weigh a ton."

"Mean bastard," said Mulder, rearranging himself. They ended with Skinner sitting in the middle with Mulder's legs draped over his lap. Mulder put all the couch pillows, except for his tacky Elvis-at-Graceland souvenir pillow, under his head and shoulders, making a nest.

"How is he?" Skinner asked, bringing up the topic they were both avoiding.

"Down for the count," Fox replied. "How are you?"

Skinner sighed and closed his eyes. "I shouldn't have done that to him. I didn't have the right."

Mulder considered that a bit. "You made him give. He's not used to doing that."

"I didn't have the right."

"You didn't do anything bad. You didn't do anything we didn't want you to do."

"I didn't have the right," Skinner repeated. "I don't care about him. I shouldn't have done that."

"None of us was ready to give what was required," Fox said. "Alex thought he could submit to you without giving anything up. He was wrong. I thought I could have everything I wanted. It never occurred to me I'd have a price to pay. And you. I can't begin to speak for you."

"I wasn't prepared not to hate him."

Fox smiled. "He gets to you."

"I don't want him to get to me."

"Too late, Walter."

xx

Mulder was stretched out on the couch, head on Skinner's lap, arguing about the symbolism in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"—Walter having won the toss for their late-night television viewing—when Alex walked out of the bedroom.

He'd pulled on jeans, but left them half unzipped and unbuttoned, his hair was tousled and his eyes enormous. The right arm was gone, leaving him looking vulnerable and unbelievably young. Mulder thought he looked delicious. Fox smiled encouragingly, then yelped in protest when Skinner pulled a pillow out from under his head and dropped it on the floor in front of them.

The game was back on.

Krycek approached them, pausing to finger the collar still around Mulder's neck, before sinking to the floor and the pillow.

"He wouldn't let me take it off," Mulder explained briefly.

"Games have rules," Skinner said, taking the bottle of beer Mulder held on his stomach and handing it down to Krycek.

Mulder made a token protest, just because he was expected to, as Alex tipped the bottle back and drank what was in it down in one long pull.

"You can get up and get another one for the two of you," Skinner told him, effectively shutting off his griping.

Mulder gave a theatrical sigh as he rose off the couch and made his way into the kitchen. He took the empty from Alex, stroking his face with the back of the hand holding the bottle. When he returned, Skinner was tearing pieces off the now-cold pizza they'd ordered and was feeding it bite-by-bite to Alex.

He paused for a bit, watching. Skinner would tear off a bite and hold it out to Alex who obediently opened. Pizza and fingers both went into the pretty mouth. The fingers came out clean.

They were intent upon each other, paying little attention to Mulder and his beer. He watched, feeling his cock harden. Unbelievable after two orgasms, but this was unbelievably erotic. Alex was...well, docile, not a word he'd ever thought he'd use to describe such a tough man. And Skinner! Mulder had been on the receiving end of that tenderness and knew how safe and sweet it was to give up everything to Skinner's control, even for a little while. It made his toes curl and he squirmed. Damn! but this was good.

Mulder returned to the living room in time to offer Alex a drink before Skinner began feeding him the second piece of pizza. Alex drank deep, then briefly rimmed the bottle while staring straight into Mulder's eyes. He stopped at a light cuff from Skinner, grinned and took the offered tidbit. He consumed four large pieces that way before they all settled back to watch the end of the movie.

Mulder's head was back on Skinner's lap, one hand dangling off the couch to pet and caress Krycek while Walter did the same to him. Perfect. They watched the showdown in the cemetery where the anti-hero dispatched villains only somewhat worse than himself and rode away with the gold. Mulder wondered if Alex related. He wondered if Skinner made comparisons.

He wouldn't ever think of spaghetti westerns in quite the same way.

"So Krycek," Skinner said while the credits rolled, "how's your ass feel?"

Alex twisted around to stare at him. "About like you'd expect," he said after a long stare.

Walter barked a laugh. "Let me rephrase: Can you stand to be fucked again?"

A slow smile lit his face. "Yeah. I can stand it."

Skinner pushed Mulder up off his lap and stood holding out a hand to help Krycek up. Mulder sat there feeling suddenly bereft until Skinner lifted an eyebrow at him and said, "Well come on, Mulder. I'm sure we can find something for you to do."

Mulder's stomach lurched. It was really going to happen—all three of them, naked, together. He padded behind them, achingly hard.

xx

It was a snug fit, the three of them in Mulder's bed. It made him wish he'd spent the extra for a custom king like Skinner had. They'd put Alex in the middle on his side, Skinner behind, readying him for entry. Mulder was positioned for a classic 69, facing Krycek's cock. He hadn't started, though, wanting to watch and, just as exciting, listen.

Skinner cooed, "Sweet boy. Such a sweet ass," with his cock beginning to breach Alex's tight anus. "Oh, yeah. Sweet. Tight little bastard, aren't you, boy?"

Alex swore softly, mostly in Russian, clutching convulsively at Mulder. "Shit!" he cried out when the head popped through. "Motherfucker! I always knew you were a size queen, Fox."

Skinner chuckled at that, then reached down to hold up Krycek's top leg, giving himself better access. "Sweet, sweet. You gonna yell for me, sweet boy? Let me hear you. I like it when you yell." He eased himself in amidst much swearing, resting and, if his grin was any indication, enjoying Alex's vocalization.

"Fucker, fucker. Motherfucker," Alex chanted. His cock bobbed in front of Mulder's face, threads of precome dripping past close enough to tongue. So he did. Tasting wonderful. He stretched his tongue to lick the head of Alex's cock and felt a tongue on his. Stretched some more to take it into his mouth and felt his own cock being engulfed. Alex's cries were muffled.

Alex mimicked everything Mulder did, so the agent indulged himself, licking and sucking, nibbling, humming. Alex's hums intensified when Skinner began moving in him, and that movement, too, was mimicked. It was a type of synchronicity that the three of them had then. At the last moment, Mulder deep-throated Alex, was reciprocated and came, swallowing hard.

Mulder never knew who cleaned them up. He only knew it was beyond him this time. It was Skinner, he thought, who righted him, turning him around so his head was on a pillow and pulled covers up around him. He was the meat on the sandwich now, with Alex's sable head tucked into his neck and Skinner's furry warmth at his back.

Life was too capricious to hope that this is what he had to look forward to, but he had this night. It would do for a long while. "We'll always have Paris," he murmured and was rewarded by Walter's deep laugh. The last thing he heard was Melissa Scully's musical giggle, a sound like glass chimes on a spring morning.

"She's saying 'I told you so,'" came Krycek's sleepy explanation.

"Shh," said Skinner, throwing a long leg over them both.

xx

"Really, Mulder," Scully began when he limped into the office on Monday, "if you're going to call in sick, I'd think you could come up with a better excuse than cramps."

"It's what you say when you don't want me to ask any questions," he replied, collapsing into his chair.

"So, you don't want me to ask any questions." She propped a hip on Mulder's desk, hooked a scarlet talon on his shirt collar and peered inside.

Mulder submitted, knowing it was futile to try and avoid her. "You're a nosy woman, Scully."

"Uh huh," she replied frowning. She stared at Mulder, pursing her lips.

"What?"

"There are two different sizes of bite marks down there, Mulder."

He felt the hated blush start.

"Really, Mulder. Both of them in one weekend?" His face grew hotter, and he wondered if a blush could make a person stroke out. "At the same time?" Now she was shocked. "Mulder! You...slut!"

He opened his mouth to protest, but couldn't talk for the slow smile that soon split his face. "Yeah," he managed to say finally.

"Mulder!"

end...

xx

moco69@earthlink.net

Date: December 1999
Pairing: M/K, M/K/S
Summary: Krycek's back. There's chest beating and macho posturing. Smut ensues.
Author's Note: Strays IV begins several months after Strays III, which you probably ought to read, along with Strays I and II, to make any sense at all of this silliness.
Rating: NC17 for smutty sex amongst pretty boys and one bald hunk. And the belt. And collar. And capsicum-spiked lube. Oh, wait...that's part V.
Warning: Belt-beating.
Further Warning: This is pure smut with no redeeming features. It contains a lot of sex sandwiched between threatened mayhem, gratuitous punishment, angst, schmoop, hurt/comfort and pizza.
Disclaimer: Of course they're not mine... I treat my pets much better than this... and they don't make me any money. They cost me money. I really should be working
Many, many, many thanks go to mouse for beta-ing for a stranger and to my buddy quercus for not letting me corrupt the English language. English speakers she has no problems with
Feedback: moco69@earthlink.net

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]