Go to notes and disclaimers


Strays I
by moco


Special Agent Fox Mulder approached his apartment like a dying man seeking absolution. It was the end of yet another very bad day. In fact, the whole damn week had been awful, and it was still only Thursday. Mulder couldn't wait for tomorrow. He imagined it: Friday evening, almost home with nothing to take up his weekend but his newly acquired kitten, some rather exotic porn tapes and the current edition of The Lone Gunman. Checking his mail, he took the appearance of the cat ID tag he'd sent away for two weeks before as proof positive that this hellacious week was almost over. Things were looking up.

He tore open the padded envelope in the elevator going up to his apartment. The information was correct. Life was good. Dropping the tag and s-hook back in the envelope, he sifted through the rest of his mail. Bills mostly, phone, cable, Internet, Amex, a statement from 'Glory's House of Heaven.'

So intent was he on the sales flyers in that one that he never noticed the slight scratches around the new deadbolt to his apartment. He made it halfway into his living room before noticing a leather-clad thug sitting in the chair in front of his computer pointing a very large gun at him and holding a tiny gray-striped kitten in his lap.

"Hey, Mulder," said the thug.

"What the hell do you want, Krycek?" spat Agent Mulder, dropping his mail on the floor and reaching into his suit coat for his gun.

"Don't, Mulder," said the thug, cocking the Glock in his hand. "I'm not here to kill you, but if you make me shoot you, I'll make sure it hurts really bad."

Mulder froze, swore and repeated, "What the hell do you want, Krycek?"

Alex Krycek ignored the question, asking his own, "Nice cat, Mulder. Where'd you get him? And what happened to his leg?" The little green-eyed fluff ball was three-legged.

"Fuck you, Krycek," Mulder glared.

"Play nice, now. You answer my questions, and I'll answer yours."

"You first then," Mulder sneered. So much for things looking up.

"Fine," Krycek sighed, rising from the chair and awkwardly depositing the kitten behind him with his stiff left hand. "On the floor, Mulder. Face down, hands behind you. You know the drill."

"What? You don't trust me?" Mulder said in mock amazement.

Krycek's tone was both patient and deadly. "You're quick and you're mean and you like to hit. And as hard as I know you'll find this to believe, except in some pretty special circumstances, I don't like pain. So front and center, Fox. Assume the position."

Mulder's mind touched lightly then quickly veered away from any conjecture of "special circumstances," and his cock did a little hop, skip and jump. He moved to obey as Krycek neared him aiming the large Glock pointedly at the meaty part of Mulder's left thigh.

"Good boy," Krycek murmured in his husky low voice, putting a knee and all his weight onto the small of Mulder's back. He quickly cuffed the prone agent, and then not so quickly located Mulder's guns. Krycek took the guns, unloaded them both and tossed them in one direction and the clips in another. He then very thoroughly and 'way too slowly for Mulder's comfort, frisked him for any other weapons, taking particular pains to rub up the inside of Mulder's legs and up onto his ass.

"Having fun?" Mulder asked, twisting his head back to glare at Krycek.

"Oh, yeah," the rogue agent whispered, green eyes glittering. He cupped Mulder's balls, giving them just enough of a squeeze to elicit a yelp, then grabbed Mulder's waistband and hauled him upright and onto the couch. "There," he said with some satisfaction, "Comfy?"

"Oh, yeah," Mulder parroted back. "I just love it when you break into my apartment and handcuff me, Krycek." As soon as the words left his mouth, Mulder wished them back.

"Oooh, Mulder," Krycek breathed at him, leaning in close. "I'll remember you said that." The words were more caress than threat, but Mulder shivered as if there were a knife at his throat, hazel eyes locked on Krycek's jade ones.

A tiny, indignant "mew" broke the impasse and they both looked over at the chair, where Mulder's cat had had enough of being left out of the fun the two agents seemed to be having. He tottered on the edge of the chair, wiggling butt high in the air as he gathered his nerve for the jump down, finally plunging into a perfect four-point landing: three feet and a chin.

The kitten looked like a tiny, fuzzy drunkard, teetering across the floor toward the couch, bristly tail held straight up.

"What's his name?" asked Krycek.

"He doesn't have one," replied Mulder tersely.

"You haven't named him?" said Krycek incredulously. "Why not?"

"He's a cat, Krycek. It's not like he'd come when he's called."

The kitten had reached the couch and proceeded to climb up Mulder's trousered leg. It was a slow process, and from Mulder's grimace, a painful one, too.

"I don't believe you. I think you're just being mean. Why won't you tell me his name?"

"You're insane, Krycek. You break into my apartment, threaten and handcuff me, to ask me about my cat? It's no wonder the Consortium is trying to kill you."

"They're not," he replied. "At least, not all of them. The Smoker'd still like to deep-fry my balls, but then I feel the same about him. But he's not calling the shots anymore like he thought he did before. I'll go to my grave thankful for the knowledge that that cancerous old fuck's been just as manipulated as manipulating."

"You want to explain that statement?"

Alex grinned. "No." He watched the kitten continue its climb up Mulder's shirt, finally took pity on the grimacing agent and boosted the cat up to Mulder's left shoulder, where it settled comfortably and proceeded to suckle Mulder's earlobe, tiny claws kneading the base of Mulder's neck in a painful, yet somehow erotic rhythm.

"Argh! Krycek, make it stop!" Mulder jerked his head away, but the kitten was tenacious, nuzzling and kneading whatever was available. The purring and sucking gave Mulder shuddering gooseflesh all the way down his back and beyond.

"Oh, I don't think so," Krycek said in his own imitation of a purr. "I think he's got the right idea." Leaning in close, he gently teethed Mulder's other lobe, hot breath sending spikes of something Mulder refused to name desire straight into his groin.

Great! Mulder thought. I'm getting a hard on from Alex Krycek and a stray cat! Can this week get any worse? "Stop it!" he said through gritted teeth. Alex merely changed his light chewing to a definite sucking. "Please!"

Krycek's low chuckle sent more spikes of arousal into Mulder's cock. "Well," he breathed into the tall agent's ear, "since you asked so nicely." With a final slurp at Mulder's ear, Krycek sat back and reached over to the coffee table for a file folder lying amidst a dozen other folders. "Here's why I'm here. To give you this." He opened the folder on Mulder's lap, slowly turning over a series of grisly 8 x 10 photographs. Each depicted a naked, mutilated body; male and female, varying ages and races. There were nine of them.

"Dead people," Mulder commented dryly. "Lovely. What's my part?"

"You and the inestimable Dr. Scully will likely be assigned this case soon, if Skinner's still as predictable as ever. Seemingly unrelated victims, same MO, scattered over four states."

"Seemingly?"

"Yeah. What the file you'll be given won't say, either because the FBI doesn't know or simply isn't saying, is that each victim is connected to a DOD facility located in the Ute reservation at Four Corners."

"There aren't any Defense Department facilities on Indian reservations, Krycek. At least try to make up a believable lie." He squirmed, trying to dislodge the kitten from his ear without sending it flying to the floor. "Anyway, what's your interest? And what do you mean about Skinner being predictable?"

"Last question, Mulder, then it's my turn. Having you muck around in this will piss off people I like to have pissed off. And that'll be Skinner's motive as well. He's been told to keep you out of it. If he's true to form, he'll set you down in the middle of it. So, where'd you get the cat?"

"I almost stepped on him one morning while I was jogging around the park. He'd tangled with a dog or something, looked all chewed up, so I took him to a vet. What are you doing?" Krycek was leaning close again, chin resting on Mulder's shoulder, inhaling deeply.

"Smelling you."

"Well stop it."

"No." Krycek nuzzled him under his ear, sniffing. "I like the way you smell." He sighed. "Always have."

"When did you start doing drugs, Krycek?" Alex bit him behind his ear, not too softly, making Mulder yelp.

"What's the cat's name, Mulder?" he asked, ignoring Mulder's discomfort and continuing his exploration of the scents and textures of Mulder's neck.

"He doesn't have one. How long are you planning to do that?"

"Got any beer?" Alex asked, changing tactics. He rose from the couch to go scope out the refrigerator. "Move and I'll come shoot you in the knee," he called from the kitchen. Mulder, bringing his cuffed hands down over his butt to thread his legs through them so he'd at least have them in front of himself, stopped, considered his options, then moved them back up over his butt, cursing softly. "Does the Board of Health know about your refrigerator?" Krycek asked, coming back empty-handed. He scooped Mulder's discarded mail off the floor and brought it to the couch. "You're so pedestrian," he said, looking through the Glory's House of Heaven invoice. "You don't even buy good sex toys."

"What'd you expect, edible lube?"

"Vibrating butt-plug at the very least. 'Dennis Does Denver'? Really, Mulder. That wasn't even good satire."

"It's the director's cut," said a red-faced Mulder. "And anyway, it was for a gift."

"Right. Oooh, what's this?" Krycek shook out the contents of the little padded envelope, read the tag, looked at Mulder, read the tag again then sat back away from the agent. "You sorry son of a bitch, Mulder. I don't know whether to be pissed off or touched."

"It doesn't mean anything, Krycek," said Mulder through clenched teeth, face flaming even redder than before.

"You name a three-legged stray cat 'Alex' and tell me it doesn't mean anything. I oughta shoot you where you sit." Alex-the-thug seemed to be leaning toward 'pissed.' He pulled out his gun for emphasis. Alex-the-cat, who'd become dislodged from his perch during Mulder's abortive escape attempt, seemed bored with the exchange. He hopped off the couch in another graceful leg and chin landing to stalk a large, demonic looking dust bunny hiding under Mulder's TV stand. Once that had been wrestled into submission, he took its place, lurking under the stand, green eyes gleaming hotly from the dark. The two agents, past and present, watched the kitten's antics for awhile until Mulder, sensing he needed to say something, cleared his throat and began.

"It wasn't meant to be demeaning or anything, Krycek," he glanced over at Alex who narrowed his eyes. He wasn't buying. "It's just that he's got green eyes and no left... arm... it just seemed... appropriate... "

"You're not just a cocksucker, Mulder. You're a perverted cocksucker."

"Isn't that redundant, Krycek?" asked Mulder, appalled that smart alecky words were coming out of his mouth under these circumstances but unable to stop them. "I mean, a cocksucker by definition is a pervert, at least by the current mores of a large portion of the population, not to mention all major religions and many state laws." Krycek, eyes slit almost shut, was leaning slowly toward Mulder, the huge Glock seeming to grow in his hand. Mulder's mouth, however, would not close, no matter how hard he tried to make it. "There are even some obscure federal statues, mostly pertaining to obscenity definitions, that list fellatio as a perversion thereby making a person who performs fellatio a pervert. Therefore," Mulder closed his eyes and swallowed; Krycek was very close and pushing the Glock almost into Mulder's lap, "perverted cocksucker is a redundancy."

Finally, the words stopped flowing. "You're going to pay, Mulder," Krycek whispered directly into Mulder's ear.

Mulder turned to face Krycek and thought he could actually see himself in the outlaw's crystalline green eyes. It was weird, like he was begging his own reflection. "Please don't kill me," he whispered back, "because of a cat. You can find better reasons to kill me than that, can't you?"

"Figured you'd go out fighting giants, eh Mulder? Not for some stupid reason like pissing off a psychopath."

"You're not a psychopath, Krycek... uh... Alex... "

"Don't even start, asshole," said Krycek, incensed that Mulder would try and cajole him with the use of his first name. "And you can stop hyperventilating." This really was unfair; Mulder wasn't hyperventilating, merely gasping for breath like one of his unfortunate fish after a long out-of-town assignment. "I'm not going to kill you. And, if you hold real still," Krycek traced the length of Mulder's now quiescent cock with the tip of the Glock, "I may not even maim you." While Mulder was more frightened than he'd ever been in his life, his cock seemed to find these events somewhat uplifting. Very uplifting even, rising up to meet the steely hard Glock with a hardness all its own. "God you're a slut, Mulder," Krycek said, noting the resistance against his gun. He then fastened his teeth on the soft skin under Mulder's right ear, biting hard enough to elicit an arched back and sharp "Ouch!" from Mulder.

"Stop!" Mulder cried, willing his body parts to pull away from Krycek's busy ministrations even as they variously bared themselves for better access and pushed into the pleasing hardness of Krycek's gun.

"Slut," Krycek repeated through a mouth filled with Mulder skin.

"No, argh!" Mulder protested as the Glock made its way down the length of his cock, between his legs to pressure his balls. "Oh god," were the only coherent words Mulder could say. The pain/pleasure on his balls along with Krycek's chewing/biting/sucking on his neck lowered his IQ to close to zero, leaving him with the thought that Alex Krycek was sending him to hell and that at this rate, he couldn't wait to get there.

Krycek's teeth and tongue and lips moved down and around Mulder's throat, sucking and licking, and occasionally biting hard, and Mulder would have been hard pressed to state the date or name the president. He spread his legs, giving the Glock better access and Krycek complied, running the gun along the inside of Mulder's thighs, up around and into his testicles and pressing through the gray Armani to his anus, making Mulder think He's going to fuck me with his gun. And then just Please... fuck me with your gun...

Did he that out loud? Mulder didn't know, but Krycek chuckled, making Mulder think that he did, making Mulder wish he were dead rather than having said that... and wasn't that Krycek's point all along?

Mulder groaned and came in his pants, like a kid.

The Glock continued its caress over now sensitized skin, making Mulder finally wail, "What do you want?"

"I want you to love me, but I'll settle for you being incredibly embarrassed."

"Jesus," Mulder said and did the only thing possible: he blacked out.

When he came to moments later, Krycek was kneeling on the floor in front of his TV, teasing the kitten out from under it. The little cat chased his drumming fingers and Krycek grabbed him, cupping the little bundle of fur in his good hand.

"Don't hurt him," Mulder said, alarmed.

Krycek turned and look at him, stunned. "What?"

"Don't hurt him," Mulder repeated. "Please." He was sated, embarrassed and at a loss as to what to feel, except scared for the cat.

"Dammit, Mulder, what kind of monster do you think I am?" Krycek was genuinely shocked. "I mean, get real! I'm a professional assassin. I don't kill people's kittens!" Mulder just stared. "Fuck you." Krycek said finally, giving the kitten a last caress and putting him down on the floor. He fished in his jeans and pulled out the handcuff key. "Here," he said, tossing it toward the couch. "I didn't lie. The file's legit."

Mulder closed his eyes and listened to his door closing. "Fuck," he said softly. What just happened? And what had he just lost?

xx

Fox Mulder intended to get to work early, before everyone else. That was his plan. Get in, hide in the basement, leave after everyone else, avoid being seen, make up a story Scully would buy... that was the plan. And like most plans, it immediately went awry.

First, his car stalled, and then a 12-car pile up on the freeway delayed Triple A. It was 7:49 by the time he pulled into the Hoover Building parking lot, along with the majority of federal worker bees heading into their jobs. Although Mulder walked briskly through the crowded corridors, making no eye contact, dozens of other agents and clerical workers who normally ignored his existence greeted him with grins and sickening good cheer.

Special Agent Fox Mulder and his large, livid hickey, was the talk of the Hoover Building.

"Good morning, Mulder," Dana Scully said when Mulder finally made it to his basement office. "You're late and Skinner wants to see us," she began, swiveling in her chair to face him. "Right away," she stopped, staring at his neck. "When did you start dating a 16-year-old?"

"I don't want to talk about it," he told her tersely. "If Skinner's going to send us after a serial killer in Colorado, I'm eating my gun."

"What serial killer?"

"This one," he replied, tossing Krycek's file on the desk.

"Mulder, that's the biggest damn hickey I've ever seen." She ignored the file to take his chin in her hand, moving it to get a better look at the mark.

"Stop it, Scully," he ordered, trying to get away from her hands.

"No, sit down and let me look." She pulled at his collar, tracing the bruise from the back of his right ear down as far as she could reach without loosening his tie or undoing buttons. "How far down does this go? Is the skin broken?"

"No," he said, ignoring the first question. He finally got her hands off his neck and studiously avoided her eyes.

"So, who is she, Mulder?" Scully asked casually, finally taking up the file he'd tossed down. She looked at him when he didn't answer, noting his red face. "He?" Mulder's face flamed deeper. She sat back down, propped her feet up on an open drawer and said, "Tell me."

"No," he groaned.

"Everything."

Mulder put his head down on the desk. "Shoot me, please," he said softly.

"What?"

"I said," he said louder, "please shoot me."

"Later. Talk."

So he did, head on the desk, not looking at her. When he finished, he pulled a tentative glance in her direction. Her eyebrows were arched and her jaw was clenched in what Mulder assumed was anger. "Alex Krycek?"

He nodded and closed his eyes.

"Our Alex Krycek? Murdering, traitorous rat bastard Alex Krycek?"

"Yes."

"Mulder," she began in her long-suffering "mom" tone of voice, "only you would have a sworn enemy who gives him hickeys."

"It's not funny, Scully."

"I know it's not."

Her voice seemed strained now, so Mulder opened his eyes to determine the cause. Scully's back was to him and it was shaking. "Fuck," he said softly, the clenching wasn't anger so much as her trying not to laugh at him. The phone rang, and since his partner seemed incapable of speech at the moment, Mulder had no choice but to answer. It was Kimberly, Assistant Director Skinner's assistant.

"AD Skinner wants to see you and Agent Scully now, Agent Mulder. Now was 20 minutes ago."

"On our way." He hung up. "You're a mean woman, Scully," he said to his partner's back. "Skinner's champing at the bit."

"Well, better the bit than your neck," she managed to choke out, trying hard to stop her laughter.

Mulder groaned, getting a visual of Skinner leaning over him with a gun in his crotch. A meeting with Skinner was never a good time. A meeting with Skinner and this damned hickey was going to be excruciating. A meeting with Skinner and the hickey and a hard on was unendurable. He stood, thinking hard of flukemen, green bile and oiliens. "You said you'd shoot me," he told Scully.

"Soon," she managed to gasp out, gulping down air in an effort to keep from laughing.

"It's not funny," he muttered again, grabbing Krycek's file and striding out of the office ahead of her, feeling a small bit of satisfaction in hearing her rapidly clicking heels try and keep up with his purposely long strides.

Mulder suffered through Kimberly's double take once the agents arrived in AD Skinner's outer office but missed seeing her raise an eyebrow at Scully who was stoically biting the insides of her cheeks in an attempt at self-control.

"Later," Scully mouthed at Kim.

Assistant Director Walter Skinner glowered at his tardy agents as they filed into his office. He didn't like to be kept waiting. He especially didn't like to be kept waiting by these two. Since they didn't seem to do anything else by the book, he felt they could at least show him the courtesy of showing up to his meetings on time.

"Slow start this morning, agents?" he asked from behind his imposingly neat desk.

Scully merely gulped when he looked her way and, were those tears in her eyes? Mulder cleared his throat, bringing the AD's eyes towards him. Skinner, like everyone else in the Hoover Building this morning, did a double take at the sight of Mulder's neck.

"Agent Mulder?"

"Sorry, Sir. I had a bit of car trouble and the freeway was backed up and... " his voice trailed off as Skinner continued to stare at his neck.

The AD finally tore his eyes away from Mulder's hickey, cleared his own throat and muttered something about maintenance. "There's a case that's come to my attention that I'd like the two of you to look into," he said finally, focusing on the only file marring his desk. "It's not an X-File, exactly, but it's my feeling that your particular expertise could prove useful. Kimberly has made the travel arrangements. You'll leave this afternoon for Denver. You can get more details from the field office there, but in the meantime, the information in this file should prove interesting." He opened his file then turned it and pushed it toward his agents. The folder opened on the same grisly photo that Mulder had first seen the night before. "This is the first," he began.

"Of nine victims," Mulder finished for him, dropping his own folder on top of Skinner's. "Over four states. All seemingly unrelated. No perceived pattern or relation among the victims."

"Where'd you get that information Agent Mulder?"

"An anonymous source, Sir," Mulder replied, ignoring Scully's snort. "My file," he indicated the folder he'd dropped on the AD's desk, "is likely identical to yours. Except that mine traces each of the victims to the Department of Defense. In particular, to a DOD facility on the Reservation at Four Corners. Where a DOD facility should not exist."

Skinner sat back in his chair and seemed to grow larger. It wasn't that he puffed out his chest or anything like that, he just seemed to get bigger until, in Mulder's perception, he filled the room leaving very little space and almost no air for his two recalcitrant agents.

"Mulder," Skinner's voice was very quiet, "that information requires a clearance higher than mine. Where did it come from?"

"Sir, I... can't... Sir." Oh god! "Please don't ask." Mulder closed his eyes.

Skinner looked at Scully, who was bent over, clutching her sides. "Agent Scully!" he said alarmed, "Are you alright?" She shook her head, not looking up.

"You have to tell him, Mulder," she said from her lap. "The man's a dangerous criminal."

"Tell me what? Skinner looked from Scully's bent form to Mulder and back again. "Who's she talking about?" he asked, louder.

"Tell him," she squeaked.

"I can't," Mulder said softly, eyes still closed.

"He needs to know," Scully raised her tear-stained face, took one look at Mulder's closed eyes and collapsed back into her lap, unable now to keep her laughter quiet.

Skinner was too nonplussed to be really angry, but he roared anyway, to good effect. "What the hell is going on! Scully! Straighten up. This isn't high school. Mulder, I want to know now where and from whom you got this information. NOW! Agent Mulder!"

"Yes, Sir."

"Sorry, Sir. Excuse me, Sir." Scully fled the office, returning with a handful of Kim's tissues, dabbing at her eyes. She carefully avoided looking at her partner and Skinner knew it wouldn't take much to send her off again. He couldn't believe it. Dr. Dana Scully, the Ice Queen of the FBI, had the giggles.

"Agent Mulder," Skinner prompted.

"Sir?" Mulder at least had his eyes open.

Shit! They were going to make him play 20 Questions. Skinner felt the start of a migraine tickling the back of his skull. "This file, Mulder. Where did you get it."

"My apartment, Sir."

Skinner took a deep breath. "Was it alone in your apartment, Agent Mulder? Or did it come attached to a person?"

"It was attached." Mulder's eyes were closed again.

"Good. We're getting somewhere. Who was that person?" Mulder mumbled something. "What? I didn't hear you." Another mumble. God. The tickling turned to pounding. "Scully? Do you know the name of this person?"

She nodded, and Skinner could see her nails digging deep into her hands. He appreciated the effort at self-control at least. "Alex Krycek" she managed to croak out.

This news stunned him. "Krycek?" He looked from one agent to the other. They both nodded. "Krycek's back in Washington? This can't be good news."

"The Consortium hit is off," Mulder supplied, he hoped, helpfully.

"Okay, enough of this. I want the whole story, Mulder, and I want it from the beginning."

"The whole story, Sir?"

"The whole story." Skinner turned to glare at Scully, who was starting to giggle again. "And I want to know your part in this, too, Agent Scully."

"Oh, no, Sir." Scully said gleefully, spreading her hands out. "I have no part in this. Oh, no. Not me, Sir. The first inkling I had about this... uh, this situation was when Agent Mulder came into the office this morning, late, with that... thing on his neck."

"Scully!" Mulder said warningly.

"Are you implying, Agent Scully, that that mark," he refused to call it a hickey "on Agent Mulder's neck is pertinent to this conversation?"

"Oh, yes, Sir. Pertinent. Very. Sir."

"In what way?"

"Krycek did it, Sir."

"Krycek gave Mulder a hickey?!"

Scully nodded, "It wasn't his fault, Sir. He was handcuffed. Agent Mulder."

"Agent Mulder?"

"Yes, Sir," She said, blue eyes wide. "Mulder was handcuffed when he received the hickey."

Skinner turned to Mulder. "Open your eyes. Let me get this straight: Alex Krycek came by your apartment last night, entered, gave you this file containing classified information, handcuffed you and then gave you a hickey? Then what? He stayed for champagne and Brie?"

"No, Sir," Mulder said. "Not exactly. He was in my apartment when I came home. He had a gun. He handcuffed me. Then he showed me the file."

"When did he give you the hickey?" Skinner wondered when the White Rabbit would hop into his office.

"After he gave me the file, Sir."

"Why?"

"Why did he give me the hickey? Or why did he give me the file?"

"Let's start with why did he give you the file. And I don't suppose he told you where he obtained it?"

"No, Sir. He said that it would piss off people he wanted pissed off if I mucked around in this. He also said that we'd get assigned to this case soon if you were running true to form because you would have been directed to keep us out of it so you'd probably put us in the middle of it." Mulder took a breath. "Just to piss off the same people Krycek said he wanted pissed off." Mulder added: "He said you were predictable."

Scully winced.

Skinner sighed. It made a strange kind of sense. "I'm sorry, but I have to know," he said to Mulder. "Why the hickey?"

"He did it to embarrass me," Mulder replied.

"Because?"

Mulder closed his eyes again. "He didn't like what I'd named my cat."

"It's named 'Alex,'" Scully supplied.

"You have a cat?"

"It's a stray."

"And you named it 'Alex'?" Forget the White Rabbit. Skinner felt like he'd been smoking from a hookah.

"The cat's got green eyes and only three legs!" Mulder shouted. "It was a joke! Okay?"

Skinner turned to Scully who merely tapped her left arm then turned back to Mulder. "Okay." Enough. "Agents. Go to Denver. Catch the killer. Try not to get involved with the military. And," he stood up, leaned over the desk for emphasis; "I do not want to see any mention of this in any report anywhere ever!" He glared at them until he received nods from both agents. "Dismissed!"

They each picked up a file and fled.

"Mulder!" Skinner called to the tall agent. "If I may make a suggestion," he said when Mulder turned back toward him, "Get better locks. And in the future, try to avoid picking up strays."

Mulder blinked. "I always try, Sir."

"I know, Agent Mulder," Skinner said sadly, "I know."

end...

xx

Feedback: moco69@earthlink.net

Part Two

Feedback: moco69@earthlink.net
Rating: NC-17
Spoilers: Terma
Disclaimers: The following story is rated NC-17 for homoerotic content. If this offends you, if you are under the age of consent in your neck of the woods or if this sort of thing is illegal where you're at, please go away now. The characters belong to Chris Carter, et. al., and are used without permission. I do this sort of thing for my own sick satisfaction and make no money off it.
Thanks to beta readers EG, Kelly and Richel.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]