Go to notes and disclaimers


Dark Angel's Fire
by Megaera

Part XVI
Rivalries


Psychotic state—defined by incorrectly interpreting external reality. The psychotic person makes improper or inaccurate judgements about his surroundings, despite evidence to the contrary. Delusions, hallucinations, regressive behaviour and mood swings are often present.
Dictionary of psychology.

They didn't believe him! No matter how much he assured them that he was telling the truth, they just nodded and exchanged worried glances when they thought he wasn't watching. Alex whimpered softly to himself. He was sure Fox was alive. He just knew it! Yet he had no proof whatsoever. Maybe he was insane. He had been before when he had been at the crater, and possibly even for days before that. He had killed....

He wanted to run from that place to wherever Fox was, leading them to his lost love so that they would know the truth. But he didn't know where Fox was. There was only one hope. The dreams might give him a clue....

Avoiding Kulain and Sean and their well-meaning intentions, he crept into Mulder's private office and curled up on the battered old sofa Mulder had somehow kept with him, despite all the changes he had been through. Alex had good memories of that couch for he had often found his lover relaxing there after their move to the tower. He swore he could smell a little of his Fox's scent on it. Alex rested his head on the smooth black leather and closed his eyes. If dreams were the answer, then he would seek them out.

xx

Mulder headed for the distant buildings he had seen, perhaps three or four miles away. It was slow going, since there were no trails to follow. Mulder wondered idly what animals lived in this place. He knew there were some, he had heard them calling as dusk approached. But wherever they were, perhaps it was better if they stayed away from him.

Mulder glanced back at his younger companion. Since his body had started to change yesterday, Ricky had lost interest in his surroundings, and just followed Mulder's lead. He radiated misery from every part of him. Mulder didn't know whether to feel sorry for him or exasperated. He settled for a little of both. He couldn't feel entirely sorry that he and his companion had engaged in spectacular sex. He had been slightly jealous of Ricky, but he could now understand why Alex liked Ricky. It wasn't the charm or winning personality, it was his sweet ass! Mulder chuckled, causing Ricky to jerk his head up, startled into paying attention. But the joke escaped him.

Ricky trailed behind Mulder, shoulders bowed as he gloomily meditated on his situation. He was about ten feet behind Mulder as they passed from the jungle-like vegetation and into a more open, area. This was more like traditional woodland. Mulder spotted something that looked like a path and headed down it, relieved that he wouldn't have to break a trail any more. Mulder realised that Ricky was lagging still farther behind.

"Come on! Try to keep up, will you..."

There was a rustle in the trees overhead. Startled, Mulder paused in his scolding and glanced upwards into the overhanging vegetation. Too late, he saw something descending towards him and tried to move away, but the net dropped neatly around him, a perfect trap. Mulder yelled in warning to Ricky who was still free, and instinctively drew on his demon granted abilities, trying too slash his way from the net with sharp talons.

It was useless. The strands of the net seemed to be made of something incredibly sticky that clung to him tightly, becoming more restrictive with every one of his struggles. His arms became trapped close to his body and he felt himself overbalanced by a massive tug. Three large men emerged from the undergrowth and came towards Mulder, two of them holding ropes attached to the net. Lying on his belly, hopelessly trapped as if in a spider's web, he couldn't move to help himself. Ricky stared at him, then made a move towards him, to try and drag him away perhaps.

"Don't touch it!" he yelled. "Go! Run!"

Ricky cast a desperate, apologetic look towards him then turned and fled.

"Get him!" one of Mulder's captors snarled at the other two. He was a huge man in army fatigues and was built like a weight-lifter. He smiled nastily at the uselessly writhing Mulder, reached down and patted his cheek softly. Mulder spat at him furiously. The big man chuckled. "Don't worry, my pretty one. Come dusk, you'll be begging for one of us to touch you..... And so will your friend....!"

xx

Ricky ran until his lungs were burning and there was an ache in his side. He pressed his hand down over the pain and tried to run on. His pursuers were thirty seconds behind him. they seemed to he slowly gaining on him and he knew he didn't have long. He seemed to have much less energy these days, and his pursuers were fit and strong. He thought from their dress that they were soldiers. He had little knowledge of unarmed combat, and knew that ten hours of basic moves in cop school was unlikely to help him. But they were too persistent. He wasn't going to get away!

Momentarily distracted, he was too late to save himself from falling as his foot caught on an obstruction. He crashed to the ground, the impact driving the breath out of his body, and moaned as a sharp rock bruised his side. He sobbed, they would be here in seconds and he knew he didn't have the strength to escape.

Then something strange touched his foot, wrapped itself around his ankle and pulled. Ricky gasped as he was lifted bodily into the air and was conveyed twenty feet upwards into the leafy canopy above. Dizzily he found that he was hanging upside down, dangling from one foot, and that something wide and gold with scales was entwined around his ankle.

"Where the hell is he?" One of Ricky's pursuers shouted to the other. The two of them came to a halt directly beneath him. Ricky froze into stillness, hardly daring to breathe

"Damn!" the other said. "I wanted a fresh piece of ass!"

"We still have the other one!" The first man said.

"Oh yeah!" There was a distinct relish in his voice.

The two of them moved away.

Ricky whimpered softly. He felt so useless. There had been nothing he could do for Mulder and he could guess only too clearly what they had planned for his companion. Much as he hated Mulder sometimes, the older man was the only person he could trust in this place, the only security he had. Not that he was out of trouble himself. The blood by now was rushing to his head, making him feel dizzy and disoriented.

He squinted upwards, trying to focus on the source of his unexpected rescue. There was a suggestion of something large and gold moving above him through the leaves. Then in one smooth motion which suggested immense strength, he was lifted higher and deposited on a thick branch as wide as a man. Familiar green eyes watched him with bright, serpentine intelligence. It was the snake he had encountered earlier!

Ricky shivered a little. There had been no signs of hostility so far from the golden snake, but Ricky hadn't realised how big the creature was before. It was wound round the branch next to him, head resting on the coils of its own body, watching him intently. Its tongue flickered out occasionally, sampling the air around it, sensing the scents of the jungle. Ricky hesitantly steadied himself by sitting astride the large branch. He wasn't overly fond of heights.

The tip of the snake's tail still coiled loosely round Ricky's ankle, offering some small reassurance that he wouldn't be allowed to fall. Ricky wasn't inclined to remove it. His companion was far larger than any snake he had ever seen, and some of its coils were as thick as his waist.

"Er.... thanks..... ," he said uncertainly. It was true that he had sensed the snake was intelligent before, but whether it could understand him or not...?

Its head lifted, and a soft hiss emerged. The its coils writhed and rearranged themselves as it began to move towards him. Ricky froze, knowing that any attempt he made to fight would be lost almost immediately. Escape was impossible too, as a slight tightening of the coil round his ankle warned him not to move. The blunt head moved closer, rearing up in front of him until eyes were level with his. The tongue flickered out and brushed softly against his lips, tasting him. Ricky moaned softly, trying not to move as those large fangs came so close to him. One bite and his companion could probably take off half of his face. The tongue continued to flicker in and out, brushing his cheek, eyes, hair.... Investigating him. Tasting him...!

Evidently he passed the test. The snake drew back its head and tilted it to one side with a soft hiss and settled back to its former watchful position. Ricky sighed in relief. Well at least he was safe from those pigs. But Mulder.... Ricky would have to try and rescue him, if he could extricate himself from his own little difficulty. Perhaps tonight? It might be easier in darkness. Cautiously, he settled back on the branch to wait, finding a convenient spot against the nearby massive trunk of the tree. Leaning back, he soon drifted to sleep in the afternoon heat, or what passed for it in this strange place.

xx

Mulder ceased his latest round of struggles and sagged back against the ground. Once the sticky strands had completely entangled him, they had seemed to change, and now had turned tough and rope-like around him. His strenuous efforts to escape had seemed to amuse the two men immensely, but only served to exhaust him. The change in his bonds seemed to be expected, for after an experimental prod, the two of them produced a long thick pole and passed it through the net so that he was suspended from it like a hunter's catch. He was unable to resist, and they carried him towards the ruined city.

He had wanted to see the city, but on his own terms. Not like this! He could see little, swaying upside down in a net. A few roofless buildings, their architecture strange and exotic. It occurred to him distantly that perhaps they were meant to be entered from above? There seemed to be no doorways, just high openings and no roofs. A few of the city's newer inhabitants appeared to have taken up residence in those ruins where a collapsed wall made a new entrance to the structure.

They were a motley group; a few soldiers a couple of guys who looked like adverts for muscle and fitness magazines, even pairs who he would swear were Masai warriors and Australian aborigines. The pick of humanity. All of them watched him pass with a hunger in their eyes that disturbed him. His captors ignored them all, and took him to the centre of the city. He was taken into the biggest building he had yet seen, the only one with a proper doorway, and taken down a darkened passageway.

A sudden brilliance made him blink furiously and as his vision cleared, he was deposited on the floor. He was in some kind of arena, encircled by tiers where spectators could watch, like a small version of a Roman arena. Something clicked round his neck, even as a knife cut through the stuff that bound him. With a yell of fury he lunged past his captor, intending to escape. His neck was yanked backwards, and he realised he was leashed to a post in the centre of the arena.

People were already watching him from above, laughing and yelling in mockery. Then four figures emerged, all carrying weapons. One of them was the man who had captured him.

Mulder shrank back warily. He was defenceless and if they wanted to kill him......

The nearest of the newcomers grinned at him "Don't worry, my pretty. We're not fighting you!" He chuckled and hefted his knife. "The winner gets you as a prize! Welcome to the city of Erebeth!"

xx

Ricky knew he had overslept as soon as he woke. He had only intended to sleep for an hour then try to creep closer to the nearby settlement, but it was nearly dusk. He shivered. It was getting cold and the jungle was alive with the calls of unknown animals.

He wasn't stupid. He knew by now what came at dusk. The strange pulse of the alien device in his head and the heat that would wake between his legs in response. He whimpered. He had no Mulder now to hold him when the need came. Half way up a tree didn't seem the ideal place to be, but then again, who knows whether Mulder's captors would find him if he left his temporary refuge?

Maybe he could ride it out? Masturbate until he came? It was just that the need was so powerful... He wouldn't be able to think...

Too late now. It was time. The last of the light faded high above him and somewhere perhaps an alien digit punched a button, activating a trigger deep within his head...

Heat, burning away any awareness he had of the world around him. There was only the rush of blood through his body, seeming to centre itself on his groin. His body arched upwards, and he screamed out his need as his cock hardened rapidly till it was pointing skyward. He began to writhe helplessly, desperately needing someone..., anyone..., to quench the fire inside him. He was barely aware that he was on his back, legs spread wide, babbling incoherent pleas to Kulain, Alex and Mulder. He didn't see or care about the drop to either side of him, or the danger he was in.

Something tightened around his leg. He tried to twist away from it, but somehow he was too weak, the other too strong. Then it was sliding up his leg, along his thighs... between them. With a hoarse scream, he thrust upwards hard against it. Immense strength holding him down, wrapping around him... He was unaware that great golden coils secured him to the tree, only that if gave him something to rub against. The friction of scales against the most sensitive parts of his body was an exquisite torment... He didn't see the snake begin to change, parts of its body shifting as it reacted to him.

xx

Alex moaned in distress, his fists clenching unconsciously as he dreamed. Once more, some instinct within him had led his sleeping mind straight to Fox.

His lover was afraid. Not the anxiety that he had shown before when he had been comforting Ricky, but a mind blistering terror and despair. Mulder was apparently imprisoned in that strange place that Alex had dreamed about. He was struggling hopelessly against something tied round his neck and the approach of night seemed to scare him more than anything else.

Alex's own distress mounted, and he sobbed softly. The pain of seeing Mulder like that briefly made the scene fade. When Mulder reappeared again, he was sobbing openly as a shadow seemed to fall across his face. It was difficult to see his lover's surroundings. Alex tried to focus in on that place and briefly seemed to see three bloody and torn bodies lying near Mulder. The shadow resolved itself into a huge brute of a man who loomed over Mulder, smiling triumphantly. He was almost as big as Kulain. Then came the worst sight of all. His face and body seemed to shimmer, changing even as Alex watched, resolving itself into an alien bounty hunter who reached out and stroked the cowering Mulder's face as if he was petting a dog. Mulder shrank back and whimpered.

"Welcome to Erebeth!" the bounty hunter said, and began to strip.

Alex woke himself with his own screams. His hands sprang claws that ripped into the old leather of the couch in an instinctive defensive reaction. The door to the office burst open and Kulain charged in. He took in the sight of Alex, eyes wide with horror as he sucked in huge lungfuls of air, hyperventilating. Kulain reached his lover in a few steps and gathered Alex up into his arms, uselessly trying to soothe him.

"Fox! You have to help him! Promise me you'll help him!" Alex begged between sobs. He clutched at Kulain, staring into his face, pleading.

What he saw there made him stop suddenly and recoil.

"You...... you don't believe me......." he whispered. He turned to Sean who had arrived moments after Kulain.

"Sean..... Tell him! Mulder's alive! You believe me don't you...?"

"Alex....," Sean said sadly and shook his head.

Alex could see their worry for him. But no belief. He whimpered and hugged himself in an age old gesture of distress.

"I'm not mad.....!" he pleaded, his voice trailing away into uncertainty. "I'm not....." A glistening tear began to trickle down his face.

Sean reached into his pocket and held out something to Kulain. The demon nodded.

"I went to see Scully today," Sean said. "I told her about the problems you've been having... She gave me some pills..." Alex flinched and tried to pull away from Kulain, but his grip on Alex's wrist was too strong for the distressed man to break.

"You'll feel a lot better if you get some proper rest," Sean said. "They'll make you sleep without dreaming. Please Alex, we care about you..."

Alex shook his head.

"I can make you, Alex...!" Kulain said softly. He didn't try to disguise the determination in his voice. Desperation made Alex try one last time.

"You have to listen to me! He's in a place called Erebeth! The aliens were there, I don't know what they were going to do to him!"

"Take the pills Alex!" Kulain held two yellow capsules towards him. "You need to rest." Alex reached out trembling fingers to take the pills.

"All right. I'll take your damned pills!" he said quietly. "If you promise me something!" Kulain sighed, then assented. "Find out if there's ever been a place called Erebeth! Because if there is, Fox is there!" He sobbed again. "Please....."

"I swear to you, if it exists, I will find it," Kulain said.

Alex swallowed the pills.

"Hold me!" he begged. Kulain wrapped his arms around Alex and held him until the pills took effect and Alex's eyes turned dreamy and unfocussed. He carried the drowsy man to his bed and laid him down, moving in close to him. At least Alex wouldn't dream tonight.

xx

He knew what was wrong with his beautiful foundling. The human named Ricky began to call for a mate almost as soon as the darkness came. It was a common thing here. He had never been so close to such a seeker before and it was like nothing in his experience. The human twisted and turned his body as if careless of his own safety. It seemed natural therefore, to wrap a few coils around Ricky to hold him safely on the branch. Ricky's skin was so hot.

Experimentally, a forked tongue brushed against the skin in serpentine curiosity. Oh the sweet scents that rose from it..... Scents of promise and need that were strangely stirring. He sampled a dewdrop of moisture on the glistening tip of the human's erection. Delicious and compelling. He drew closer, let part of himself rub between the spread thighs, again persuading himself that it was only a test...

Extraordinary!

A part of his body was instinctively reacting to the human's increasingly frantic thrusts. Sensations he had never experienced before were assaulting his senses. Something inside him seemed to gather and push outwards and he felt a change sweep over him as he shifted into something no longer serpentine.

At last he could plunge between those thighs into hot, welcoming depths and plunder Ricky's body fully. The human's pleas turned to small satisfied cries and he clung in mindless delight to his saviour. Surprised, the being who was sometimes a snake discovered the most wonderful pleasure he had ever known.

Ricky fainted as orgasm came. Perhaps it was just as well. His companion was no longer sure who or what he was. Being with this pretty one had changed him beyond his wildest serpent dreams. Now he knew that he was more than snake. That he was something else strange and wonderful... and yes, frightening too. Perhaps it would be better to pretend that nothing had changed, at least for now. Later he could evaluate those strange human changes he had displayed.

He glanced down in wonder at the dusky, slightly scaled skin of his chest, the pink nipples and flat abdomen, the odd ungainly things called arms... the now quiescent large penis. Below that he was still snake, but above, human. He shook back the shaggy brown hair away from his green eyes and concentrated hard.

When Ricky's eyes flickered sleepily open a few moments later, there was only a large golden snake to be seen. If Ricky hadn't been exhausted by his frantic exertions, he might have noticed something curious. It was rare, even unique, to see a snake displaying such a pleased expression.

xx

Mulder knew what was going too happen to him. But knowing something and avoiding it were two different things. He shrank back as far as he could, but it wasn't enough. The bounty hunter sat and watched him, smiling coolly, naked and terrible. One glance had told Mulder that the alien was as big as Kulain and he was possibly as strong. Desperately Mulder tried to gain strength from the thought of Alex, knowing that his lover would have torn the alien apart in his defence. And for an instant, he felt Alex's presence. But it wasn't enough to drive away the darkness inside him.

The last rays of the sun disappeared. The spectators had long gone too, fled to their little havens of safety with their chosen partners before dusk came.

Mulder felt the by now familiar heat wake in his body. Hopelessly he began to cry as the alien came towards him. As the big hands began to caress him and his body committed the ultimate betrayal, he was no longer aware of the tears that dried on his face.

xx

The bounty hunter savoured the sight of the human kneeling before him. For days, he had envisioned this moment. Mulder was so beautiful that it was hard to believe that he was finally going to have the human. He didn't notice the error in that thought. He was too pleased with himself, it had taken much effort to achieve this in secret. His masters the grey aliens would not have been pleased that he had interfered in their experiment.

Mulder began to react to the chemicals coursing through his blood. With a moan of need, he dropped to his hands and knees and offered himself, writhing and spreading himself. The bounty hunter sighed with pleasure and his hand slid down to massage his heavy cock and his slightly swollen balls. He felt as if he had months of seed stored up to give to Mulder, though in truth, he had only had to restrain his desires for a few days.

Mulder whimpered loudly and crawled towards him, pulling himself up the big alien's body until the full lips were level with the alien's big erection. As he plunged between the moist lips, the alien growled in pleasure, then thrust the whimpering human's head away. Time to claim his real prize. He knelt behind Mulder and began to push the fat head of his cock into Mulder's ass. It was every bit as hot and tight and exquisite as he had imagined, and the human was delightfully responsive. Not that he ever doubted it. He began to pump his large organ into the human and felt Mulder pushing back against him in enjoyment. Mulder's cries were small and excited, and he began to press back to meet the alien's thrusts.

It didn't take long to bring Mulder to orgasm, and the sight of that delicious body bucking beneath him, clasping him like a velvet covered fist, it was marvellous. He spurted seemingly endless quantities of his seed into Mulder and sank into a deep, satisfied stupor, his weight pressing down on the man beneath him with callous indifference. His last waking thoughts were of his plans to keep Mulder, for he was sure the human would soon learn to love him.

xx

It may happen that a piece of material occurs in the content of a dream which in the waking state we do not recognise as forming a part of our knowledge or experience.... we are tempted to believe that dreams have a power of independent production.

Freud—The interpretation of dreams


Kulain felt the burning rage sweep over him, and he struck out blindly. His fist connected with one of the pieces of rare and priceless human art he owned. One of his favourites, an Athenian black figured vase depicting two nude males wrestling, fell to the floor and shattered irreparably into a million pieces. He howled in frustration, and he could barely restrain the power within him as it threatened to overflow.

No such place called Erebeth had ever existed. He had spent three hours terrifying the best historians, geographers and archaeologists from the Smithsonian and elsewhere. Nothing! Not that he had expected it, but still... Call it an indulgence for Alex's sake. He had managed to restrain the urge to disembowel them, but now his rage burned hotly within him.

It wasn't just those fools. He knew what it was. Having four pretty men to ease his wants, to spread themselves eagerly before him, to kiss and lick and stroke and......

He groaned softly, his long fingers kneading the bulge between his strong legs.

Sheathing himself in their eager, passionate bodies calmed him, eased the burning heat in his blood, a substitute for the shedding of blood. He prided himself on his inhuman strength, which allowed him to satisfy all four of his beauties in one night.

Two were gone forever.

One was broken and sad, living in a world built of his own pathetic fantasies, and he seemed to grow more distant and withdrawn every day. Only the drugs enabled Alex to function at all, and he was like a zombie, passive and unresponsive.

Sean. Yes, well, Sean was fit and healthy. Nothing could affect those appetites for long. Sean was his one refuge these days. His eager, worshipful body ever ready for Kulain to take and use. Bold slut! But the only one who could ease his tremendous appetites at the moment.

Sean probably didn't realise how careful Kulain was to treat him gently. The appetites it took four males to satisfy would have damaged or overwhelmed his last precious, fully functional male.

He needed more. Another male or even two and perhaps even a female to breed from, though females weren't generally to his taste. He viewed the idea of replacing Mulder with revulsion. If he didn't satisfy his desires soon, perhaps he would have to start killing again.

xx

Ricky sighed in his sleep and tried to roll onto his side. The strangeness of the bed beneath him brought him slowly towards wakefulness. For some reason, the bed was warm and bumpy, and he couldn't seem to remember how he had got there. He felt deliciously languid though. Finally he opened his eyes, and realised immediately why he felt so strange. He was wrapped in the snake's golden coils, held securely and carefully so that he wouldn't fall from their treetop refuge and hurt himself. Unexpectedly, the snake's body had a heat to it that drove off the coolness of the night. Ricky had thought snakes were supposed to be cold blooded, but this one wasn't.

It occurred to him that the reason he enjoyed the warmth so much was that he was naked, and the snake's skin was directly in contact with his own, with a touch that verged on intimacy. Ricky blushed. Surely he couldn't have......

That wasn't possible! Anyway, their anatomies weren't compatible! Ricky wasn't even sure if snakes had the means to penetrate their partners during sex...... There was no visible maleness anyway.... His blush deepened. Why the hell was he even thinking of his strange companion like that?

Well he must have got what he needed somehow last night. It was just that he had been so out of his head with the need that he couldn't remember clearly what he'd done. Maybe he'd managed to masturbate himself as he'd intended.... Somehow he didn't think so. There was a familiar sensation in his ass that he'd only ever experienced when a lover had been with him. And he could remember a storm of sensation......

Now he was confused! Someone had held him, hadn't they...? He had a vague memory of being on his hands and knees with a delicious hardness pounding into him.

Had he dreamed it then...?

Well the snake certainly wasn't going to tell him! Then Ricky remembered something that made him wriggle and twist as he tried to free himself from the protective coils. Mulder! If he had been desperate last night, then what about Mulder? The men who'd captured his companion would certainly see to it that Mulder's needs were taken care of.... whether he wanted it or not. Ricky snarled . It was about an hour before dawn. If he left now, he might be able to sneak into the ruined city while they were still sleeping it off. He might be able to locate Mulder, and it might be the best chance he had. Now where the hell were his clothes?

xx

Fox Mulder lay silent and still. The only signs that he was awake were the tiny shivers that shook his body slightly, and the wet track of tears down his face. The alien bounty hunter slept next to him, fully sated by his enjoyment of Mulder's body. The alien's big arm was curled loosely around Mulder and he lay half on top of his latest sexual conquest, resting most of his body weight on the man beneath him. Mulder probably could have wriggled out from under the alien, but he didn't. If he woke the alien......

Mulder whimpered softly. He didn't want the big male awake when he was in such a vulnerable position. He was afraid of what the alien might do. Not when he was on top of Mulder, with his cock resting damply between Mulder's sore buttocks. His strength was far greater than Mulder's, so resistance would be useless...

There was no way he could escape either, not with that damned rope round his neck. Strange stuff, it apparently grew immensely sticky when stressed, and in its quiescent state, was as strong as a wire cable. Mulder had already tried several times to break it, but his efforts had been useless.

There were two other options that he could have tried, both of them as fruitless as the first. He could have shifted and killed the alien, or even attempted suicide... But he refused to consider death as a way out. And the only way to kill a bounty hunter was with a sharp blade in the back of the neck. His shifted talons would be of little use except to get himself a face full of its poisonous blood.

So in the end he just lay quietly, unmoving, his mind hopelessly revisiting the events of the day, trying to find a way..., a clue..., anything to help him escape. At least Ricky seemed to have escaped, a fact that comforted him a little. He hadn't expected the younger man to be so resourceful. But it was his own actions that filled his thoughts for most of the time. He had let the alien take him, even co-operated enthusiastically!

He felt so ashamed. He had betrayed everyone he had ever loved in those few moments of pleasure. Alex, Kulain.... Even his friend and occasional lover, the promiscuous Sean. The worst thing though was that it had been so very pleasurable. For a while, he had felt the alien drive into his body with powerful thrusts, filling him completely, and he had loved it. He had been an out of control slut, screwing himself on the alien's big cock, and had even sucked on it... He had come blindingly hard, and he could still remember the sweet fire of it as his body had clenched lovingly around the alien invader. The hot flood that filled him as the alien bellowed his climax.

He felt dirty. Contaminated. Unclean.

The dried remnants of the alien's filthy seed clung to his skin, and formed a vile stickiness inside him. The alien's musky, male scent filled his nostrils.

He wanted to scrub his skin clean until it was red raw, but even that was denied him. There was no hope and no escape.

xx

Sean had spent two whole days connected to the Internet, on Mulder's private connection, searching through every database he could find for the name "Erebeth." So far, he had found nothing at all. The name wasn't even listed as a business or a nickname on the Web. Absolutely nothing. Sean sighed. Alex had seemed so sure. And Sean had wanted for it to be true, despite the unlikeliness of the tale. Poor confused Alex. Maybe the Doctor that Scully had recommended could help him?

He rubbed his eyes tiredly. His vision felt blurry and he was slightly disoriented from such a long surfing session. He needed something to relax him. and if truth be told, he didn't want to face Alex at the moment. Even heavily drugged, somehow Alex still managed to hold onto his sad fantasy. Sean found it hard to look at him without having to bite back tears. If he had to admit his failure to Alex, and see the hope in his face turn to ashes...

Sean pulled out his mobile phone and dialled a certain number. And though he was doing Kulain's bidding, he still felt an eagerness he couldn't explain. Walter Skinner was good company and an even better lover, and since Kulain had ordered it, he was happy to spend time in his company.

Forty minutes later, Sean was comfortably seated opposite Skinner, a glass of red wine in one hand, telling the AD his troubles. It never occurred to him how loose tongued he was about Kulain and his secrets.

xx

Sean sleepily smiled and turned towards the warm, bulky presence of Walter Skinner, who lay next to him, sleeping deeply after their exertions. It had never occurred to Sean before that Skinner was human, whilst he was.... Well, lets just say he wasn't quite human any more. It wasn't a topic he liked to think deeply about. But their differences had been apparent tonight. Sean sighed, and snuggled in closer to the big man. Skinner was wonderfully built, deliciously big and talented in the way he pleasured his partners, but still... After the third time, Skinner's energy had started to flag. Sean could have kept going for substantially longer...

Such was the pleasure and burden of living with Kulain. To be adapted to endure hours and hours of wonderful sex. To be trained to please a demon. Sean wasn't completely satisfied yet, though the post-coital warm embrace was nice.

He sighed. The first time he had been with Skinner, he had been so horny that he would have spread his legs for passers by on Capitol Hill. Skinner had been a pleasant and fun partner, and had been happy to take advantage of his need. But he wasn't Kulain!

Sean had in fact been on his knees with his ass in the air in front of Skinner before he had even been with the AD for ten minutes. And Skinner had all but dragged his clothes off and taken him then and there. Sean still had carpet burns on his knees to prove it. The AD's big cock had brought him to screaming orgasm within a few minutes.

They had made their way to the bedroom and their second round had been slower and the pleasure had been more drawn out and lingering. Sean had been able to use his tongue and his ass to bring Walter pleasure, and he had cried out all the things he knew his partner liked. Begging the Big Bad AD Sir to fuck him hard. And oh, Walter had loved that so much. he had growled and pounded fiercely into the ecstatic Sean until the younger man had shrieked his appreciation.

The third time, Walter Skinner had laid on his back, and Sean had ridden his big organ enthusiastically until he had climaxed, making the big AD buck beneath him. They had slipped apart, and the AD had tossed his used condom towards the trash.. .

"You're beautiful, Sean." Walter had purred, and had pulled his lover into his arms. Much later, he had been satisfied once more, and lay sleepily in the big man's arms, listening to the soft sound of Walter snoring.

Great, as far as it went. Good sex, cuddles and a talent for listening sympathetically to his problems. But just not enough to satisfy him. And the AD didn't much like kissing, either. Sean wished he dared roll Walter on his stomach and slip his fingers into that rock hard ass. He preferred to be taken, but an occasional bit of variety was nice. But Skinner had made it clear that he wasn't interested in being penetrated. Sean had tried once to bring his partner extra pleasure, earlier that evening, with a little imaginative use of his finger in the AD's ass, and had been very firmly discouraged. In fact, the AD had grabbed both his wrists and flipped him very forcefully onto his stomach at that point.

Never mind. When he got home, he could grovel a little to Kulain and if he was particularly pleasing, Kulain might let him lap dance... Oh yeah, that sounded so good. He shivered a little and told his twitching cock to go back to sleep. He didn't want to upset Walter. Not when he had the best of both worlds, with two lovers. The only thing that Kulain lacked was the one thing Walter excelled at. Demonstrating his affection. Sex with Kulain and hugs from Walter put him very nearly in heaven. In fact, he was certain to get laid when he saw Kulain again. Kulain wasn't servicing his usual complement of sex partners at the moment, and despite his promises to discipline the unruly Sean, the young man was getting twice as much sex as normal. Three times if he counted Walter....

No wonder he often found himself in a blissed out haze.

Lucky he was such a slut!

xx

Ricky crept almost silently through the deserted city streets. A couple of times he had heard sounds within the buildings, as if sleepers stirred restlessly within. But he had seen no-one yet. His golden companion glided by his side and Ricky felt strangely comforted by its presence.

Already his strange companion had saved Ricky from disaster once. A half-asleep soldier had emerged from one building, probably to answer a call of nature, and had come face to face with the young man. As he had opened his mouth to yell an alarm, a golden length had looped round his neck and jerked upwards. There had been a sickening crack, and his body had gone limp. Very fast and effective. Ricky shivered. He was glad the snake was on his side. The soldier's corpse yielded treasure too, a sharp knife!

xx

There! The snake had guided him straight to the right place. How his companion had known, Ricky couldn't guess, but there he was! Fox Mulder was lying in the arms of a massively muscled, powerful man. He was tethered so he couldn't escape. He looked as if he was crying.

Mulder's head jerked up at the soft sound of Ricky's footsteps. Mulder didn't dare speak, for fear of waking the sleeping alien, but his eyes spoke volumes. A desperate hope shone from them at the sight of Ricky, making the younger man feel newly protective towards him. Mulder's eyes flickered towards the alien, then towards the knife Ricky held in his hand.

"Kill him!" he mouthed to Ricky. The younger man blanched, then took in the anguish in Mulder's reddened eyes, the tracks of tears across his face. Mulder no longer seemed strong and powerful. Now Ricky sensed that Mulder was close to screaming.

"Kill him.....," Mulder repeated. "He's alien.... You have to stab him in the back of the neck." Ricky had never killed before, not in cold blood. He realised that his hand was shaking, and tried to steady it. Then he took a deep breath and moved towards the sleeping bounty hunter. There was no choice really, not if he wanted to help Mulder.

A moment later, it was done. So very easy when the target was asleep. The bounty hunter reared up in agony, kicking and writhing in his death throes as Mulder scrambled away, then he fell backwards. His last expression was one of stunned surprise. Ricky deftly cut through the cord that held Mulder prisoner.

Mulder lunged forward and began to kick and hit his alien mate's body, even as it began to degrade. Ricky caught hold of him and pulled him back. He was shaking uncontrollably and began to spit curses at the body.

Ricky cried out as he saw an alien dissolve into slime for the very first time. That was the being who had taken Mulder last night....

When the alien had disintegrated into a rotten pool of putrefaction, all of Mulder's rage seemed to vanish, and with it, whatever strength he had gained from it. He sagged visibly, his shoulders slumping and tears began to flow. Ricky pulled him close, and for a moment Mulder clung to him. Then he pulled away and glanced around, looking for something to cover himself.

"We have to get away from here!" he said. Ricky nodded, for he had no desire to be caught and hurt like Mulder had obviously been. The two of them moved silently through the sleeping city and back out into the wilderness. Ricky looked backwards once and saw a reassuring gleam of gold in the trees nearby. But now was not the time to tell Mulder about his ally.

They headed away from the city, but instinctively moved deeper into the cavern. Perhaps there was a way out. What choice had they?

xx

Alex moaned softly, as the image of Mulder drifted through his dreams. His lover looked so scared but Alex couldn't tell why. The drug induced haze he floated in made it so hard to see Fox any more. He knew that thought should have hurt for some reason, but he couldn't remember why. No matter. Fox would come soon and then he would take care of things. He let wakefulness fade into sleep.

xx

Ricky glanced backwards in concern. For once, he was the stronger. Mulder apparently found the going hard. He was stumbling, and his steps wove unsteadily as he followed Ricky. He appeared to be limping a little too.

"Are you all right?" Ricky asked tentatively. It was a mistake.

"What the hell do you think?" Mulder snarled. "I spent the night acting the whore for an alien! I didn't get a choice in the matter.... They fought over me, and he was the one who got to have me! He used me....." He looked on the verge of tears. "Just leave me alone!"

The way his voice had risen towards the end of his outburst until he was almost shouting suggested that he was close to hysteria. Maybe it was better if Ricky left it for a while. The further they got away from the city, the better their chances would be. Fighting to the death or being a public fuck-prize was not something Ricky wanted to try any time soon.

xx

Scully gently released Alex's hand and let it fall limply onto his pillow. He was deeply asleep now, drugged by a powerful cocktail of drugs that she had prescribed. Antidepressants and sedatives in quantities and combinations that would probably have killed a normal human. The demon blood in Alex made him far stronger than normal, and harder to pacify.

She had insisted to Kulain that she have access to Alex every day to monitor the effects the drugs were having on him. To her surprise, the demon lord had agreed without a murmur, and he had granted her unprecedented access to the Tower. Sean had been happy to see her and had taken her to Alex. She had been shocked at the change in Alex in the few days since she had last seen him.

She shivered. The Tower wasn't a place she had ever wanted to see, despite frequent teasing invitations from Mulder, but she owed her former partner this much, that she would look after the man he had loved more than life itself. She was now free to come and go as she pleased. The arrival of the small plastic I.D. card, previously possessed only by Kulain's males, had been a complete surprise, as had the unlimited credit facilities it gave her.

Apparently, no expense would be spared for Alex's sake.

He was in poor shape. Those once stunning green eyes were dull and lifeless when he was awake and had huge shadows beneath them. Most of the time though, he slept. It was better that way. A short time in his company had showed her how tenuous his grip on reality had become.

She sat next to his bed, watching the rise and fall of his chest as he lay sleeping. Occasionally, he would whimper softly and his fingers would clutch at the sheets. It was so sad. Life was so damned unfair! Mulder was dead and Alex was a wreck, while that Smoking bastard was alive...

She lifted her head as she heard something odd in the distance. She frowned. It had been a deliberate choice to come here late at night, so that she would not bump into Kulain himself. It had seemed logical that a demon would be out at night. He was a creature of darkness wasn't he? She hadn't really given it much thought.

Someone was screaming!

She leapt to her feet, heart pounding in terror. What the hell was going on out there? She really didn't want to be near Kulain while he was feeding.... Her hand strayed to her gun, despite the fact that she had known him for over two years.

But when did prey ever scream in quite that rhythmic way...?

Oh! She blushed abruptly. She had forgotten about Sean. Kulain wasn't killing something, he was having sex in the main living area with an apparently very vocal Sean! Crimson with embarrassment, she sank back into her seat, listening with bated breath as the sounds rose rapidly to a crescendo, Kulain's deeper cries distinct from his lover's, then stopped.

How idiotic, to be spooked by something like that! And embarrassing, too. She would wait a while, so that they wouldn't realise she had been listening.

The sounds started up again minutes later.

Scully cursed her luck. She would have to walk right past them to get out of here! And the demon would almost certainly notice her, even if Sean was preoccupied. Just when she thought she would be able to avoid Kulain, he had decided to have a night in!

xx

Mulder struggled on, his eyes shadowed with exhaustion. It didn't help that they had moved off the rather well used trail to try and avoid pursuit. Ricky held off for as long as he could, but it was obvious that he would have to stop soon. They had been walking for most of the morning and it was nearly noon.

Finally a chance came. They emerged from a particularly thick clump of undergrowth and found themselves in front of a small pool, its clear waters probably fed by a small spring.

"You need to rest!" Ricky said. The familiar fierce glare returned, but Ricky sensed it was a defence Mulder was using to try and stop himself from breaking apart. There was a kind of desperate denial in his eyes. "You can get cleaned up....."

That did it. The defensive mask vanished and Mulder's emotions came boiling to the surface. He burst into noisy, anguished sobs. Hesitantly Ricky moved closer, and finally put his arms around his companion. He wasn't rebuffed. Mulder put his arms around the younger man and cried. Ricky held him, uncaring that Mulder's tears soaked the front of his clothing.

"It's all right. You're safe now.... We'll take care of you!" He saw the gleam of green and gold through the trees. "We'll look after you...."

xx

He had trailed them for a long time now. He didn't really understand why. He was far away from his normal hunting territories now, and had even helped his beautiful human within the heart of the ruined city, where many of the human inhabitants of this place dwelled. Why did he take such risks? Green eyes studied Ricky thoughtfully. It was because of the sweetness he had found between strong thighs, and the warmth he felt in simply being with another. He hadn't realised how good it would feel, or how empty his life was previously. And he was curious about the two men.

They rested now in a small clearing, which he had encircled once already to check if it was safe. He could sense no danger. If they kept moving in this direction though, there were large hunters ahead, cold-blooded things that were a danger.

He had deliberately not revealed himself to his adopted charges beyond a brief signal to Ricky that he was present. The one they had rescued from the city was unpredictable and seemed to be in some distress. There was a scent of fear that came from him. Ricky had held him and then later kept watch as Mulder bathed in the pool for what seemed a very long time. Then they had curled up together and slept, Mulder's head pillowed on Ricky's shoulder.

The snake watched and guarded the two sleeping men as the afternoon shadows deepened and dusk approached once more. He managed to gather for them a sizeable quantity of the fruits he had observed Ricky eat the day before, and piled them in offering before the sleeping Ricky. Finally, about an hour before dusk, Ricky's eyes flickered open, and he sat up, waking Mulder as he did so. Mulder stared at the pile of food with wide eyes, his experiences of the previous few hours making him afraid of the unexpected.

"It's all right!" Ricky said. "My friend brought it for us."

Mulder shrank back a step.

"Your friend?" he questioned. "Who?"

Ricky waved happily towards the snake who he could just make out above him in the trees. Slowly, his friend unwound from his perch and dropped its golden coils to the ground next to Ricky, who grinned at Mulder.

"Incredible, isn't he!" Ricky smiled.

Mulder made a small, sick sound and shrank back until his back was pressed tightly against a nearby tree trunk. He shook his head frantically. Ricky looked surprised, then tried to reassure Mulder.

"He won't hurt you!" Ricky protested.

"Keep it away from me!" Mulder hissed, then headed off down the trail as fast as he could walk, considering his bruised condition. With a sigh, Ricky followed.

xx

Four times! They had fucked energetically, four times! Very vocally and enthusiastically, though by the time of the final round Sean had sounded as if he was on the edge of exhaustion. She could only admire his endurance. Maybe doing it that many times during the space of a whole night wasn't unusual for men... But not in less than an hour!

At least they seemed to have stopped. Maybe they would get some sleep now and she could sneak out undetected. She would give it a few more minutes...

The door opened and Kulain walked in. Scully gave a small squeak of shock. To her relief, the demon just smiled coolly, then ignored her as he walked over to Alex and sat on the bed next to him. Kulain was wearing only a towel which hung loosely round his waist, and his skin shone with moisture, suggesting he had quickly showered to freshen up his body after sex. She realised with a shiver that the skin of his chest and abdomen bore a suggestion of greenish scales.

His gentleness as he gathered the sleeping Alex close to him somehow did not fit with her image of the evil Demonlord. Scully saw the younger man clutch at Kulain in his sleep, moving instinctively closer to his protector. Kulain lay on top of the sheets alongside Alex and brushed his lips against the sleeping man's forehead. Alex sighed softly.

Scully started to back away from them towards the door, intending to leave them alone. Being in the room with a semi-naked demon was definitely not part of her job description. He was bigger than she had remembered too. Intimidating. Standing, she would be barely as tall as his shoulder.

Alex shifted in his sleep and Kulain moved with him, cradling his lover's head on his shoulder. Scully suddenly found that the view presented to her was fascinating. His towel had slipped slightly, and she was given a glimpse of something rosy pink just projecting out slightly from under the leading edge of the towel. It was unexpectedly positioned and quite large. Surely it couldn't be.....

Her blush turned scarlet. If his penis was that big, its head so sizeable, no wonder Sean had screamed like that. It would have to be inches longer than a humans' for it to lie just there on his thigh. It exerted a fascination of its own and she stared at it, wondering briefly if it was lightly scaled like the rest of him... She didn't realise that she had been staring at the suggestion of its outline for longer than was decent.

It was his chuckle that broke the spell. She glared at him fiercely, clenching her small fists in annoyance at being caught. He was watching her now in obvious curiosity.

"You seem to find my body unusually interesting, Agent Scully... Is there something you wish to see?" His hand moved as if to pull the towel away and she gasped aloud, turning her burning face away from him.

"You're an uncivilised pig!" she snapped, and stormed out, before he could further damage her dignity. She rather spoiled the effect by glancing back as she left.

It was the first time he had laughed in a long time.

xx

.....Since democracy, men have been unable to accumulate the sort of power that enabled the most successful of them to become promiscuous despots...

M. Ridley—The Red Queen


Mulder watched Ricky as he sat on the other side of the cave with the snake. He had found the entrance to the large chamber only a few minutes after he had stormed off from his first meeting with that golden abomination. Disbelieving, he saw that Ricky was talking to the creature as if it was a dog, and even looked as if he was going to pet it at one point.

It was so much like a certain golden demoness that he wanted to take that knife off Ricky and kill it immediately. But the younger man wouldn't allow it, damn him. And despite his annoyance, Mulder knew he needed Ricky. Dusk would come soon, and he would be forced to satisfy the needs of his body. No matter how much he hated it.

Even after their afternoon interlude in the pool, Mulder still felt dirty. It was probably psychological, but he found himself desperately wanting to plunge his body into that pool again and scrub off the traces of alien scent that he was sure still clung to his skin. Well it was just down the trail. Casting one annoyed glance at Ricky, he began to jog down the trail towards the blue crystal waters of the pool. He would easily make it back before dusk, and maybe immersing his wayward sex organs in cold water might ease those hateful needs. The nearest he could get to a cold shower!

There! He pulled his clothes off eagerly, and dived into the blue waters. The cool liquid was a welcome antidote to the steamy atmosphere of this place, and he began to scrub at his skin enthusiastically. He sighed in relief, and plunged his head momentarily under water, trying to wash away the memory of alien fingers threading through the dark locks. And when he resurfaced, he found himself at eye level with three sets of broadly muscular legs!

"What a pretty find!" One of the men chuckled. His two companions nodded. They were both identical to the speaker in every way.

Mulder whimpered softly and tried to back away, but the three of them mockingly laughed, moving round the edge of the pool to keep him in their trap. With a desperation born of terror, Mulder lunged at one of them, hitting and kicking at his chosen opponent. Then the other two caught hold of him, twisting his arms behind his back and yelling triumphantly. One reached out and squeezed his naked buttock knowingly.

Mulder began to cry. The name he sobbed out loud, pleaded for, was that of Kulain.

xx

Kulain sighed. Once again that morning, he had promised his sweet Alex to try again. Alex's dreams seem to become stranger every day. He had woken, sobbing in the night, muttering about aliens and terrible things happening to Fox. But soon, the drugs had overwhelmed Alex, and his moment of "lucidity" had ended.

There was one line of investigation he could still take, though no doubt, he would have to pay dearly for her assistance. He left Alex in Sean's care and headed out of the city, towards Quantico. Amara would be able to tell him if any demon had ever encountered Erebeth.

xx

Ricky watched the snake as it found a comfortable spot at the mouth of the cave, wound round one of the tree trunks that grew there, concealing the entrance. Its tongue flickered in and out as it sampled the air coming from the jungle outside. Ricky grinned at it. Mulder seemed uptight about his friend, but Ricky trusted his instincts. So far, the snake had protected and cared for him. Which admittedly, wasn't the behaviour of an ordinary reptile. But what reptile had such human seeming green eyes...? His mind deliberately avoided certain suggestive things that had happened to him last night. Like who had helped him satisfy his cravings for sex? The snake had no obvious male organs, so that was unlikely...

Wait a minute!

Ricky suddenly realised that some time had passed while he had been daydreaming, and Mulder had been missing for quite a while. A quick glance outside showed him that he had perhaps fifteen minutes before dusk came. The thought of Mulder running about out there, crazy for someone to fuck him was a frightening thought.

The snake hissed loudly, lifting its head, mouth opening wide to display its long fangs. The scent of strangers had reached it, and something else. The acrid whiff of fear from their prey. A scent that had elements of familiarity in it. Scents belonging to Fox Mulder. The snake moved swiftly towards the distressed male, moving faster than a man could run, rapidly outdistancing the now alarmed Ricky.

xx

Mulder lay on the ground next to the pool, his cheek ground into the damp earth, as one of his captors pressed his boot into Mulder's back. For the second time in two days, he was helpless, and the horror of captivity was almost more than he could bear. They would use him like the alien had used him, and he would even co-operate when the time came.

Dusk was minutes away. Already some of the denizens of this place were screaming and howling as they prepared for mating.

The weight on his back was abruptly removed, its disappearance accompanied by a hoarse scream, suddenly choked off. When a second of his attackers gave a blood curdling screech, Mulder dizzily rolled onto his side, just as a body dropped from the trees above with a wet splash, into the pool. The third attacker took to his heels, fleeing the scene, but stopped as he reached the nearest trees. He stumbled backwards, half turning, and Mulder saw the ruin of his chest.

Ricky stepped out from concealment, knife in hand, his young face hard with anger. He wiped the knife on his dead opponent's shirt and moved quickly to kneel at Mulder's side.

"It's okay," he said very gently, and sawed at the rope pinning Mulder's arms behind him. "You're safe now!"

As Mulder's arms came free, he saw a golden form drop down from the tree above him, coils piling up next to him. From the condition of his attackers' bodies, the snake must have lifted them up by the neck, then crushed them with its body. And Ricky was there, arms going round him, holding him, so that when shock made his body start to shiver, he had someone to cling on to.

Dusk came then, and the familiar, hateful, fiery need filled him. And Ricky was there for that too.

xx

Kulain glowered at the familiar, hateful form of Amara. As he had expected, his request for help had delighted her. They were of the same blood, after all. Acquisitive. Though where he acquired beauties for his bed, she liked to collect other things. Like worshippers. They both had the same taste for power though, he and his darling mother.

The price for her help would be twofold. The first condition he considered foolish. Declaring demon worship the official religion of America seemed guaranteed to stir up certain sectors of the population. Also, there was the small matter of her desire for the islands of Hawaii as a winter residence. All of this without a single guarantee that she could find the information he sought.

She looked up into his eyes, smiling in satisfaction, smaller even than the human female Scully. Now he was reminded why he avoided her so much. He hated her with a vengeance, though he respected her power.

"What information do you seek?" she enquired. "A place, wasn't it...?"

Kulain growled softly in frustration. She was going to make him beg for every scrap of information. "I seek a place called Erebeth!" he said. "If it exists."

Her reaction was unexpected. Suddenly he saw apprehension replace the cool amusement in her eyes. When had anything ever made her afraid?

"It's been a long time..." she said. "Yes. I know of it. I hoped never to hear that name again."

He should have been warned by her reaction, but the turmoil of emotions he felt left no room for thought. Fox! His lover was alive, as Alex had insisted. Alive and in trouble, cut off from all hope of rescue until now. Desperate, he shouted at her.

"Where is it? Tell me now!" he caught hold of Amara's shoulders and shook her fiercely.

"Deep under the ice, a cavern...," she told him. "The polar ice of the Southern Continent..." He turned and ran, his need for Fox overcoming all else. "But wait, you don't know the danger..."

Too late. Kulain had gone. And he didn't know the reason that Erebeth was hidden from the world and sealed off from demonkind, until now.

Perhaps he wouldn't find out its lethal secret. She hoped he wouldn't.

xx

Ricky woke first, the next morning. To his surprise, he was in the welcome concealment of the cave they had found, though he had no memory of getting there. The warmth that wound round his naked body was the familiar coils of the serpent. Only this time, a second body was hard against his back, arms draped round him. He shifted until he could see Fox Mulder's sleeping face. In rest, the lines of pain and misery that marred Mulder's face disappeared. Ricky gently leaned over and kissed his sleeping companion's forehead. Mulder would never tolerate that while he was awake.

Last night, Mulder had been the one on top, wildly out of control, as if the act of sheathing himself in Ricky's willing body could wipe out the horrors of the last few hours. It had been spectacular and Ricky was still a little sore as a result of their encounter. Lately though, his body seemed to recover far more quickly from small injuries and discomforts. Perhaps because of what Kulain had done to him. They had fucked enthusiastically until both of them were exhausted After that, Ricky couldn't remember a great deal. He could recall the weight of Mulder's body on top of his, hardness still within him. At that point, he remembered he was near the pool, he could still smell the muddy earth. Then he must have fallen asleep. The only conclusion he could draw was that the snake had brought them here. It was big and strong enough to carry them both. Ricky grinned. It was looking out for their safety again! Though some time after that, he was sure Mulder had been with him again, perhaps while the snake had cradled them together? He had dreamed of a sweet touch between his legs and the rushing pleasure of orgasm.

He pushed urgently at the golden coils around him, trying not to disturb Mulder. The snake loosened its protective hold and Ricky slithered out of its grasp. The pressure of a full bladder necessitated that he move now. He headed for the tunnel he had spotted at the back of the cave. He didn't really want to be caught in such a compromising position outside, like Mulder had been.

xx

His power had brought him to the Antarctic ice sheet easily, but it wasn't so easy to find an entrance. The natural entrance to this place had been buried beneath the ice for millennia, and the alien enemy had been careful to conceal their base from intruders. But there was one way he could use to track his wayward lovers. Closing his eyes, he reached out with his mind, trying to sense the presence of his pair of beauties. And the one in particular whose heart and soul had been his for several years.

Sitting cross legged on the ice, ignoring the temperature, which would have been intolerable to a human at thirty below, he began to sense a familiar, though distant presence. There was, though, a strange, background feeling to this place. Something vaguely malignant that raised his hackles and filled him with unease. Determining Mulder's direction, he headed towards his Fox, shifting to his stronger demon form. Once he was closer, he would be able to use his power to transport himself to Mulder's side. Nothing would stop him, not alien or demon. Anyone who opposed him would die.

xx

Mulder woke slowly. He had dimly been aware of Ricky stirring against him, them moving away. But he felt safe somehow, so he had stayed where he was. It was a while before the movement of a body against his woke him fully. Not Ricky? Then who?

He sat up abruptly to find himself half enfolded by the golden coils of Ricky's huge snake pet. He cried out in momentary alarm, his memories of other enemies still too fresh. Then he was scrambling away from it hurriedly. Yes, he knew it had saved him yesterday, but this was a little too close for comfort. It made no move to approach him, but coiled near the cave mouth, green eyes studying him closely. Was he dreaming still, or was there a suggestion in those green depths, of hurt. A very strange snake! He still suspected it was more than it seemed, but since it had saved him, and hadn't taken advantage of him while he slept, he was willing to tolerate its presence. Not touching him though. He didn't want to be touched...

The snake hissed softly. He could sense Mulder's apprehension. So different from the other man, whose legs had willingly opened for him last night. Ricky had once again given him pleasures beyond his wildest dreams. If he could have, he would have worshipped the man. He had always been alone... lonely.... until now. Or worse, the subject of the aliens' experiments before he was released here. But Ricky had woken a spark of humanity in him that he hadn't known he possessed.

The snake paused in his thoughts. He could smell something strange. Something he had never sensed before in this place. Another predator was near. One he sensed was far stronger and more deadly than any he had ever sensed before, even in the dangerous part of the cavern where the thunder lizards dwelt. He was terrified by the approaching creature.

xx

The snake abruptly hissed, its head swinging towards the jungle outside, and Mulder froze, expecting another enemy. The snake's reaction was odd. It seemed to cringe suddenly, as it caught an unfamiliar scent from outside. Then it slithered rapidly backwards, head lowered almost to the ground....

As if in submission......

Mulder whimpered, shrinking backwards, unable to take another horror in this place. Then a dark form emerged from the jungle. A demon, with long claws and a massive scaly body.

It took a minute for the truth to sink in. Then Mulder was flinging himself unhesitatingly forward, towards Kulain, whose strong arms swept him up into an embrace. He buried his face against his big lover's chest and clung to him, never wanting to let go. He barely felt Kulain shift to something more human. He just held on.

Finally, Kulain gently pulled away from him.

"I know, my love. Later we'll have time. But where is Ricky?" Then he saw the snake, and suddenly pushed Mulder behind him, his claws emerging.

"No!" Mulder shouted. "He helped us! He saved me...!"

"Then I'll reward him appropriately!" Kulain said. "But where is Ricky?"

The snake turned its head towards the back of the cave and hissed very softly, keeping its head lowered and its eyes downcast.

xx

Ricky had found more than he bargained for in the back of the cave. He had found a suitable spot, and had sighed in relief as he concluded his urgent business. It was then that he noticed something odd. There was more light in here than could be accounted for by the dim rays of light filtering in from the cave entrance. He turned around, studying the big underground cavern he had entered.

Over there!

There appeared to be a dim glow coming from a passageway at the far end of the cavern. Another outside entrance to the cavern perhaps? He would never have noticed it, if he hadn't been specifically looking for the light source. Curious now, he headed towards it. He wormed his way through the narrow opening, and gasped aloud at the sight that met his eyes.

On a pedestal, gently glowing with a pearly white light, was what appeared to be a block of solid ice. Ricky moved towards it, hesitantly reaching out his hand towards the block. As he came closer, he could see what looked like a figure inside the ice, like a body....

His left hand touched one corner of the block, and a white light seemed to leap out of the block, momentarily outlining his fingers in a pearly glow...

xx

"Ricky! Ricky...! Where are you?" Mulder's voice.

Ricky shook his head, puzzled. He must have been daydreaming. Why else would he be standing in a rocky cavern, staring into space? What had he been thinking about? Something white? Whatever it was, he couldn't remember. Frowning, he headed towards Mulder, rubbing his strangely itchy left hand as he did so. Then Mulder appeared, followed by Kulain.

Ricky gave a yell of delight, and flung himself into Kulain's arms, all his frustrations with the demon forgotten. And all memory of his strange find was wiped from his mind.

xx

Kulain used his power to send Mulder and Ricky back to his tower. But something had made him delay his own departure. He had noticed the snake's eyes for the first time. Green as his own. Impossible though it was, this creature bore traces of a demon heritage. At first, he had thought that it was a creature of a certain golden-eyed bitch. Its gold serpentine form would have been typical of her creations. Even though she was long dead, her legacy of evil continued. But one moment looking into those green eyes, and he had known this creature bore him and his lovers no malice. For he had seen something unexpected in those green depths.

Innocence.

What was this creature? He knew that it feared him. He was determined to find out the truth. His curiosity was greatly aroused.

In one fluid movement, he pounced towards it and caught the golden snake by the throat. He was far stronger than it, and though it struggled against him, it couldn't free itself.

"Show me what you really are!" he demanded. The snake thrashed about uselessly. "Show me!" he snapped.

The snake shifted, its body changing as it took up its true form. When Kulain saw what the snake became, he released it and drew a long breath. Green eyes watched him in terror, as human arms wrapped around a firm torso, hugging his body in a vain effort to control shivers of distress. Below the waist, the serpentine body continued, its owner evidently unpractised in the art of shapeshifting, though there was a well formed set of male organs.

Half human and half snake, Kulain knew immediately that this creature was meant as a malicious joke on his males. But the end result of the bitch Tiamat's genetic experiment had produced something exceptional instead. Something that was breathtakingly beautiful. A cloned mixture of her genes and Alex's had produced a creature with creamy white skin, long, dark hair and a face that bore more than a close resemblance to Alex. Long, ebony lashes swept down over those emerald eyes, and rose- pink lips and nipples completed the effect.

What a prize! Kulain felt the familiar stirring in his loins. He had to have this beauty! But not now, alas. He smiled as he contemplated the thrill of the hunt. A hunt not for prey, but for a hot, sweet body yielding to him for the first time...

But Tiamat's creation was terrified of him. It would take time, and much patience to bring this pretty male willing and enthusiastic to his bed. Why, this one knew nothing of humanity, let alone the complexities of Washington society and its demon lord.

"What is your name?" Kulain asked. He was understood. He sensed it. Green eyes fearfully watched his every move.

".....ssssss...."

So speech was something else this one needed to practice. He waited.

"....ssssslllaaavvve..."

Kulain winced. This male had probably known nothing of kindness or gentleness. Yet he had still found spirit enough to defend Mulder and Ricky, recognising some spark of affinity between them.

"I think not, my sweet. You need a human name. I'm going to call you Mark," Kulain told him.

Once there had been another pretty man of that name who had teased him with a beautiful body. Kulain caught hold of him and as his power surged around him, he noted with amusement that his touch very definitely made those tempting rose coloured nipples perk up. He restrained the urge to lick them. Time enough for that. His other males required his attention first. Four males again, and the delicious possibility of a new conquest. Life had become good again.

xx

Sean stared at the shimmering light that had suddenly materialised in the central living quarters of the tower. He hadn't known when to expect Kulain back after his unexpected disappearance. Sean had been left to care for Alex and had been miserably brooding on his messed up life. One lover who gave him affection but no satisfaction, and another who was incredibly good, but had the opposite problem. He had curled up next to Alex for a while, since he seemed to respond to closeness and become less restless when someone was touching him.

Two figures materialised within the light. Sean tried to squint into the light, then gasped aloud, as he finally saw who Kulain had transported there. Fox Mulder and Ricky! Kulain had found them! They were alive!

Mulder grinned at him. His pleasure at being back home was almost overwhelming. Then he grabbed Sean in a big hug and pressed the younger man against him.

"We thought you were dead!" Sean said.

"It takes a lot to kill me!" Mulder said. " It's so good to be back!" he murmured in Sean's ear as he held his friend. "Do you know how much I've missed you." For a moment, Sean felt Mulder shiver and his arms tightened. Then came the question Sean had been dreading. "Where's Alex?"

Sean flinched. Mulder felt it, and drew back, his eyes questioning.

"He's been in bad shape since your... well we thought you were dead...," he faltered. "He didn't really want to live when he thought you were gone. He kept dreaming about you, and I think he was going mad. He's in Kulain's room. We had to sedate him..."

Before he could finish the sentence, Mulder was already running away from him, headed towards Alex's room, desperate to find his lover.

Sean and Ricky were left behind, studying each other, each uncertain about the other. Ricky glanced uneasily towards Alex's room, wanting Alex, but recognising that Mulder's attachment to him had precedence.

"We should let them be alone," Sean said. He saw Ricky tense slightly, then a burst of light behind them signalled Kulain's arrival. The demon looked inordinately pleased with himself.

"They are together?" he asked. Sean knew immediately who he meant and nodded. Ricky gave a soft sigh, unable to hide his longing.

Kulain had a solution to his problem. He moved towards the young man pulled him close, and kissed him passionately for several minutes. He was aware of a slight but unmistakable serpent scent that clung to Ricky's skin, and chuckled at Mark's boldness. That strange, beautiful creature was safely hidden in a secret apartment deep under the tower. He prolonged the kiss until he felt Ricky moan into his mouth, his agile body beginning to mould itself against Kulain as he became aroused. Kulain didn't give Ricky time to think. He dragged the young man into Sean's room and flung him down onto the bed. The thin garment the young man wore was shredded rapidly by one deft talon, and he had sheathed his aching hardness in Ricky within moments.

Sean watched open mouthed, then with growing enthusiasm, flung off his own clothes and began to lick any erogenous zone he could reach, belonging to either one of them. When Ricky made a breathless but utterly sexy little growl during his ministrations, he decided that perhaps this was a game he could really enjoy.

xx

Mulder ran through the tower, only one goal in mind. Alex! He skidded to a halt in front of the closed door of Kulain's room, then flung it open with a crash.

"Hmmm?" Alex lifted his head and sleepily looked towards the door.

Mulder felt his breath catch in his throat. Alex looked so very thin and pale, his dulled eyes shadowed from too much crying. He seemed to have aged. Green eyes turned towards him slowly, as if their owner didn't really care what happened to him. Mulder took one step, then another, towards the man he loved.

Alex saw him. His eyes went wide, and he shook his head in disbelief.

"This is a dream, isn't it...?" he whispered. A tear rolled down his face. "Just another dream..." He turned and buried his face in his hands. His sobs were shockingly loud.

"No! I'm real, Alex! Don't cry!" In two steps, Mulder was next to him, sinking down next to him on the bed and reaching out towards him.

His fingers touched Alex's shoulder, and his lover cried out in surprise, staring at Mulder in shock. He reached out a trembling hand to Mulder, and gasped aloud, as his fingers closed over the warmth of Mulder's hand.

"Kulain found us! He rescued us.....!"

"Real!" Alex sobbed. "You're real!"

"Yes, I'm real." Mulder replied.

Alex flung himself at his lover, arms going round him, hanging on to him as if he was terrified his Fox would disappear again. Then they were both crying, holding each other tightly, touching and stroking each other, clinging to each other as if their lives depended on it.

"I need to know you're not a dream," Alex whispered.

Mulder kissed him hard. Alex moaned into the kiss, his arms coming up around Fox's neck, pulling him closer. His lover tasted sweet after so long an absence. He had forgotten the scent and flavour of his Fox.

"I love you! Oh god Fox, I love you so much!" Alex sobbed. "I thought you were dead.... "

"It's all right, my love...." With Mulder's reassuring whispers and small kisses, Alex felt the terrible knot of misery and despair inside him begin to ease a little.

"Love me!" he ordered, with a desperate strength in his voice. "Take me Fox!"

He fell back onto the bed, his fingers dragging Mulder down on top of him, legs spreading to accommodate the familiar, firm contours of his lover's body. He wanted to be crushed. He wanted to feel the fierce driving power of Mulder inside him. His legs were already up around Mulder's waist, gripping him yet closer. His clutching hands ripped the clothes bodily from Fox.

Mulder sensed his urgent need, and pushed his way deep into Alex, with barely a pause to ease his entry. Alex didn't care. The edge of pain made it seem more real. Now he knew his Fox was alive. Mulder thrust powerfully into him, again and again and Alex heard himself screaming in pleasure. Orgasm came quickly for both of them, their bodies deprived of each other for too long. But they didn't draw apart when it was over. They stayed locked together, as close as they could possibly be. And this time it was Mulder who held him, shaking, as he buried his face against his lover and sobbed quietly.

"You don't know..... Alex..... I can't...." Mulder faltered, then stopped. He just held Alex.

The words to tell Alex what had been done to him wouldn't come. And Alex seemed distressed enough as it was... There would be time enough to learn each others' pain and ease it away. They held each other close until sleep came. They had no thought for anyone else.

xx

In a hidden corner of a long lost cavern of Erebeth, a single drop of moisture formed on the surface of a block of ice. The same corner that Ricky had carelessly touched. Something demonic within stirred, though it was not yet awake. Slowly, inexorably, the ice began to melt.

xx

Coming soon Dark Angel 17—Light Bringer

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

DA16 Rivalries
AUTHOR Megaera
DATE November 2000
E-MAIL Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
FEEDBACK Always welcome
DISTRIBUTION Any time any place anywhere.
RATING NC-17 Slash
CONTENT WARNING M/K/Others Violence.
SUMMARY Fox and Alex reunite.
Thanks to Czara and Helen for checking this and encouraging my decadence.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]