Go to notes and disclaimers


Double Trouble
by Megaera

Part V


Alex Krycek winced in pain as Alexei gently eased the dressing off his broken nose. He stared in the mirror at his spectacularly bruised face, its purple discolourations spreading out from his nose, and even extending its shadows beneath his eyes. He began a round of colourful curses that made Alexei's eyes widen in surprise and secret admiration.

"Wow!" he whispered, just as impressed by Baines' handiwork.

Alex glared at his clone, and experimentally tried to take in air through his abused nostrils. He moaned in pain, and decided that he needed to take a couple of painkillers right about now. He glanced round at Alexei, and found that the clone had disappeared again. Probably wise. Alex was more than a little irritated with the clone. He certainly knew how to get into trouble; he was indirectly responsible for wrecking Alex's relationship with Mulder and Baines. And he had put Baines at risk, when he had messed with the car's brakes. Then why the hell did Alex find himself liking the clone so much?

The prodigal Alexei appeared again, carrying something carefully in a mug. "Here!" He smiled sweetly at Alex. "I brought you some chicken soup. The lady on t.v. said it was great for when you're sick!"

Alex found it very hard not to throw the stuff at his clone. But the way Alexei's eyes fell, as he took in Alex's annoyance made the ex-assassin pause. Deliberately, he forced himself to smile and take a gulp of the long hated drink. Alexei was pathetically keen to help. Alexei smiled back adoringly, then suddenly Alex Krycek's arms, real and artificial, were full of a warm, affectionate body pressed tightly against his, as his clone hugged him closely. Alexei showed no inclination to let go, but clasped him lovingly, snuggling against him. Alex found himself strangely reluctant to let go. Shit! Wasn't this how his latest round of troubles had started?

Alexei didn't understand the sudden tension in his protector's body, and lifted his head to stare into his double's face. Two tears were tracking down Alex's cheeks, but at the same time, Alexei felt a new hardness pressing against his body.

"I'm no good for you 'Lexy," Alex said softly. "I can't love you the way you deserve. I'm never going to stop loving Mulder. And it's dangerous to be with me!" It was his turn to give a tortured plea.

Alexei angled his leg so that it edged between Alex Krycek's. He gently brushed away Alex's tears with his fingers. "S'okay Alex. Just want to take care of you!" He began to rub his thigh against Alex's rapidly hardening cock. Krycek started to moan, and flung his head back in rapture, as the young man intensified the friction between his legs, rubbing his firm thigh against the cloth covered bulge in Alex's pants.

Alexei found himself getting quite aroused himself, and angled his body forward slightly, so that his own erection was thrusting against his lover's body. He felt Alex begin to counter his moves, matching his sensuous actions, pulling him closer with his one arm. Both of them were panting hard, eagerly driving their bodies together. Alexei flung his arms around Alex's neck, pulling his head down for a passionate kiss, his tongue plunging expertly into his lover's mouth, plundering the parted lips. Alex yelped, as his sore nose got in the way, which set Alexei off giggling. He heard Alex laugh softly in his neck. Then the two of them were moving against each other again, with redoubled passion. Before long, Alexei felt his lover jerk uncontrollably against him, arching up hard against his body, as he cried out wildly. That was enough to bring Alexei to his own shattering climax.

They sagged against each other, still entwined.

"We must be crazy," Alex murmured hoarsely in his clone's ear.

"Yeah! Sticky!" Alexei said and giggled again helplessly. That did it for Alex, he joined in, resting his forehead against Alexei's, only stopping when his laughter threatened to start his nose throbbing again.

"Shower?" he purred suggestively. The clone's green eyes lit up unnervingly, and he all but dragged Alex by the hand towards the bathroom. "Oh yeah! Fun!" The look of tenderness in his eyes warmed Alex in some lonely place in his heart.

xx

Their plans would have to be changed, Mulder thought regretfully. A.D. Skinner had been called to the State Department to deal with a big counterfeiting case that involved several prominent business men. In the meantime, he had called Mulder and instructed him to keep Krycek under wraps. Something big was going down in the corridors of power, and the last thing Skinner needed was the added distraction of a wanted criminal to deal with. So at the moment, Mulder was stuck with Baines. He couldn't let the clone go, or Skinner would live up to his name, and he didn't feel comfortable leaving Baines unsupervised. Mulder finally decided to go and check on the clone.

He actually timed his arrival at the Lone Gunmen's place quite well, in a manner of speaking. As he walked through the door, he was hit in the stomach by a very large flying book and sat down hard, in the middle of the floor, gasping for breath. As he tried to breathe, he lifted his head and saw four shocked faces staring at him. Baines was standing beside the bookshelf, and had another book poised for throwing in his hand, and the Gunmen were cowering at the other side of the room. Baines took in the expression on Mulder's face, and slowly let the book fall to the floor.

"Fucking idiots!" he muttered, then tried to look innocent when Mulder's expression darkened.

"Gentle!" Frohike whined. "Harmless! He's lethal! All we wanted to do was take a blood sample. We didn't think he'd mind too much!?"

"Yeah, well you might have asked first, instead of sticking a needle into me out of the blue! Oh and by the way, I hate fucking ice cream!"

Mulder got to his feet, and grabbed Baines by the arm. He hustled the clone away from the irate Gunmen and shook his arm warningly. "You want to get us all in trouble, you fool." he whispered angrily. "Alexei isn't aggressive, ever! And he would be more likely to cry if someone hurt him, not get even!"

"Yeah, well I know he throws things!" Baines muttered. Mulder gave him a warning look. Green eyes gleamed dangerously for a moment, then suddenly looked thoughtful. Mulder turned back to the Gunmen who were united in glaring at Mulder and his companion

"He promises he'll be no more trouble. He was just scared, that's all." Frohike looked doubtful.

Then Baines flung his arms around Mulder and buried his face in the agent's shoulder. He gave a very convincing wail of misery and tightened his grip. "Oh Foxy, don't leave me. I'm so scared without you. Stay with me, please..... You make me feel so good....." All spoken at the top of his voice in a pleading tone. He laughed very softly in Mulder's ear, and Mulder hastily tried to push him away. Langly and Frohike were staring at Mulder as if he had grown a new head, and not for the first time, the agent felt a wave of crimson sweep across his face. Baines tightened his grip, and before the fascinated eyes of the Gunmen, kissed Mulder full on the lips. His mouth tasted sweet from the ice cream he had unwillingly eaten, and his body was pressed so tightly against Mulder, that the clone couldn't fail to sense the effect he was having on Mulder. Hands wound round his neck, and then he was kissing Baines back fiercely, hearing the other man moan deep in his throat as he began to rub himself like a cat against Mulder's hardness.

It was the astonished exclamation that Byers made when he came into the room, that finally brought Mulder to his senses. Had he really just been making out with Baines in public? He broke away from the clone, gasping.

"Stop it! Get the hell away from me!" Too little protest, too late.

"Alexei" wailed again before dropping to his knees and wrapping his hands round Mulder's legs. "I'll do the thing you like Foxy...." Mulder sensed three jaws hit the floor, as their owners' mouths gaped in shock. That did it. Mulder blushed bright red, and grabbed Baines, pushing him hastily out of the door.

He slammed Baines up against the wall. "Don't you ever do that to me again, you son of a bitch!" And felt something cool pressing against his neck. Baines gently prodded Mulder over the jugular, with a knife he had somehow liberated from the Gunmen. "Let me go, Mulder. I don't want to hurt you.... " Mulder did as he was told and very slowly stepped back. Baines had gone very pale. The clone slipped the knife back into concealment, down his back pocket, and smiled at Mulder. As beautiful and deadly as a snake. Then he clutched at his side, where Mulder had knocked into him when they were struggling. "Oh shit! I think you bust something!" He moaned, and fell forward into Mulder's arms, his young body going limp.

xx

Mulder had immediately panicked slightly, and lowered Baines gently to the floor. He dashed back inside to get help, and ring Scully the doctor, to beg her to come and treat him.

Sap!

Baines watched from under lowered eyelids, as his one time lover and protector dashed inside. The expression of worry on his face was really quite endearing, since Baines hadn't really expected him to give a damn. But his little gamble was paying off unexpectedly. Whilst Mulder had indeed hurt him when they had struggled together, as a Government Super- weapon, one thing he had been taught was how to endure physical pain and discomfort. He gave a slight shiver, remembering how that lesson had been reinforced. Then, knowing he had only a short time, he pushed his aching body up from its prone position, and hurried down the stairs. When Mulder had grabbed him to stop him falling, Baines had deftly picked the agent's pocket. The car keys would prove quite useful. Lets hope he would have more success with this vehicle.

xx

Mulder was furious. The damned clone had ruined his reputation with the Gunmen forever, embarrassed him by escaping, and stolen his car. Not to mention Scully's annoyance at being called half way over the city for nothing. Out thought at every turn. He sat, head in hands and groaned.

"Anybody got any aspirin? I think I've got a monster headache developing!"

xx

Where else had Baines to go, but back to Alex's hideout. He knew that he needed somewhere to lie up and recover properly, while his injuries healed. Alex would feel guilty about the way they had parted, and Baines hoped he wouldn't be turned away. The comment he had made about all three of them belonging together had turned out to be more true than he had imagined, because somehow, he was beginning to think dangerous thoughts. He was starting to imagine that the place where his duplicates were, was the closest thing he had to home. Alex was so challenging, so flawed and tormented, yet there had been a moment when they were together, that Baines had seen joy in those emerald eyes. And it had felt so good to chase away the haunted look in the wearied face.

Another reason he was drawn back, though he hardly dared admit it to himself, was a pair of identical green eyes and their sweet owner. Something had started to blossom between them, that Baines was reluctant to think about, in case he made it disappear into the mists. A smile that made him feel protective, and comforted, teased and aroused in equal measure.

Alexei.

When Baines entered the old warehouse, he took precautions to make sure he wasn't followed, and slipped silently through the door. Lock picking was another one of his skills. He wasn't sure where the two objects of his search would be, mid morning. And coming to the bedroom, set in one of the former little offices, he found them. Quietly entering the room, when he heard the soft sounds of someone sleeping, he caught his breath at the sight before him. They were so beautiful together. Limbs tangled together, one lying in the protective embrace of the other, both sleeping the exhausted sleep that passion brings in its wake. Of course Alex would seek comfort from Alexei, and the clone would give Alex whatever he needed, out of unconditional love. Baines felt a twinge of envy. Then irresistibly, he undressed, his clothes pooling around his feet, and he slid under the sheets next to them. Alex didn't even wake, but Alexei stirred, lifting his head from its comfortable pillow on his lover's chest. He smiled sleepily in welcome.

"Knew you would be okay!" he whispered. "Alex was worried, but I knew you'd come back."

Baines reached out, and stroked Alexei's hair affectionately. Then, yielding to temptation, he rested his head on the pillow and gazed into Alexei's wonderful eyes, as the young man drowsed. Alex murmured something uneasily in his sleep and whimpered softly. The two clones looked at each other. Then, in complete accord, Baines drew close behind Alex and wrapped his arms around him, whilst Alexei cuddled him from the other side. With a small sigh, Alex Krycek relaxed into the embrace, and the lines of tension on his face eased. And soon, all three were asleep again.

xx

Alex stirred, then opened his eyes. He felt better this morning, than he had in a long time. Something last night had driven away the bad dreams. Though life still had its desolate moments. He turned to look at the figure lying next to him in the bed. Green eyes were watching him intently. Their owner smiled gently, and a finger reached up to trace across Alex's cheekbone. The clone frowned at the still vivid bruising that still marred Alex's face.

"That must have hurt a lot!"

"Not as much as it did last night!" Alex smiled warmly at his companion, then leaned forward and kissed him. Last night's sweet affection had made Alex realise how much he longed for someone to hold him every night..... The clone drew back eventually, as the kiss threatened to develop into something more intense.

"Sorry, Alex. Not now. Time for breakfast!"

"Huh?" Alex looked confused.

"Breakfast! You like your eggs sunny side up?" Alexei emerged through the bedroom door, carrying a tray of food.

"What the....?" Alex's gaze swung between the clone in his bed and the one who'd been cooking. Alexei sank down onto the bed next to him, balancing the tray of food carefully on the bed. Alex turned and his gaze impaled Baines indignantly. The soldier shrugged apologetically.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyway Alex, don't you realise how careless you've been lately. I came in last night, and you didn't even wake up! And you slept through Alexei cooking, too!"

"You cross at Baines?" Alexei whispered.

Alex sighed. "No. But can't you get your names tattooed across your foreheads or something?"

Two sets of emerald eyes met, then responded with identical headshakes.

"Nah!" Baines grinned.

"No fun that way!" Alexei giggled. "Now eat!" Alex glanced at Baines in mute appeal. Alexei's attempts at cooking, while slowly improving, still were worse than Mulders' in many ways. Baines snagged a piece of toast and leaned against Alex's shoulder. And Krycek let him, seemed to crave the contact. Baines felt a slight tremor run through the body that rested close to his, and he wondered quite when Alex Krycek had started to fall apart.

"You're too thin Alex. Shut up, relax and enjoy it. We're going to look after you, whether you like it or not!" Baines saw the single glistening tear that tracked its way down Alex's cheek and gently reached out to brush it away. Both clones hugged Alex then, in tandem, and for the first time in an eternity, the tormented man let down his guard, and pulled them both closer, a sob choking him.

"I can't be alone any more," he whispered. "Not now. Now that we have each other...." Baines kissed Alex's forehead gently, and Krycek closed his eyes, letting himself enjoy the warm strength and protectiveness of Baines' arms.

Alexei rested his head on Alex's chest and sighed contentedly. His family was nearly complete. A sudden thought made him lift his head again.

"Say! Is my last name Krycek, Baines or what?" He pouted at the two men.

"I guess you'll have to choose," Alex smiled tenderly at him. Alexei's innocent delight in life was one of the few things that lifted Alex out of his bleak moods these days. Alexei considered the problem for a moment. Then a radical solution occurred to him.

"Pillow fight! Best name wins!" he yelled and attacked the others vigorously.

"Alexei!" Twin protests had no effect whatsoever. But then, with Alexei, they never did.

xx

Mulder rubbed tiredly at his eyes and read over the report once again. However he tried to phrase it, his account still sounded the same. A mixture of ill luck and ill judgement on his part, leading to "Krycek's" escape. Skinner was going to crucify him. If he was lucky.

The beep on his computer terminal told him e-mail had arrived. Desperate for a distraction, to take his mind off the depressing events of the day, he moved over to the screen. He knew almost at once, who it was from.

Fox. Your two friends are safe with me, the bruised one and the cute one. They're giving me a hard time about you, so I promised I'd make contact. I was wrong to leave you the last time without talking things over. I'm sorry. Meet me in three days where we spent our first night together. A.

Mulder closed his eyes and rested his forehead against the computer screen. A sound at the door warned him as Scully came in, but he didn't lift his head. An expression of concern flickered across her face.

"Mulder. Are you alright?" When he finally looked her way, she wondered why he was smiling brilliantly at her, despite the tears streaming down his face.

"Oh yes Scully. Believe it or not, I'm fine. For the first time that I can remember, lately, I'm just fine!"

xx

Mulder had taken some time off, so he could sort his life out. And so, he found himself sitting in a slightly scruffy but oh so memorable motel room. There had been no problem getting the same room as his last visit, because this was the sort of place that never had more than a quarter of its rooms occupied at one time. The same bed with its metal headboard, and the stupid dark red decor. Not exactly top of the range. And no cable t.v. Then why was he smiling in fond reminiscence, not at all bothered by the shabby surroundings.

In truth, he did feel more than a little apprehensive about this meeting. But Alex had initiated this, so that at least argued that he wanted something from Mulder. And how often did Alex Krycek apologise? Not frequently, in his experience! Mulder leaned back in the worn armchair, and settled down to wait. Predictably, he was far too early for the meeting, but that didn't bother him. Better that, than risking another misunderstanding if he were late. And yes, it did mean so much to him, that such petty things should worry him.

About ten minutes before nine, the lights of an approaching car woke Mulder from a light doze, and he stretched his stiff muscles, feeling the tension across his neck and shoulders. The sound of a car door slamming immediately made him leap to his feet. Suddenly, he felt incredibly nervous. He didn't want this to go wrong, not now, when there was hope at last. The thought of not being alone any more, of being close to Alex again......

The door opened and Alex Krycek walked in. He looked tired, and thinner, those were Mulder's first thoughts. Then Alex moved forward into the room and Mulder looked into those green eyes again.

xx

Alex hadn't intended to ever speak to Fox Mulder again. His former lover had broken his heart, and after that, it had been so hard to motivate himself to do anything. Only Alexei's patent need had given him a reason to keep on living, though he hadn't been aware of it at the time. He smiled in reminiscence. The clone was good for him. Alexei loved unconditionally, wanted nothing except affection in return, and his innocent view of life so lightened the lives of those around him. Alex sometimes wondered if Alexei was far more intelligent than he seemed at first, because he knew, with an unerring accuracy, how to get what he wanted out of life. How to cheer Alex when he was sunk in desperate misery. How to wind Baines round his little finger. And how to get Alex and Mulder back together. Alex had seen the two clones talking in low, urgent tones more than once since Baines had returned, their dark heads close together. Both had quickly shut up when he had approached, and Alexei had been unable to keep that slightly guilty look from his face. Baines, of course, could rival the most marble of statues for the inscrutability of his expressions.

So the two of them had ambushed Alex one day. Baines had slid his arms round Alex, pinning his good arm to his side, and Alexei had wrapped his arms round Alex's neck, so that he couldn't pull away. Green eyes laughingly teased him, and Alexei had leaned in for a kiss. Baines had begun to do something utterly erotic and moist with his tongue below Alex's ear.

Baines had spoken first.

"We're not going to let you up for air......"

And Alexei had purred softly, "until you make us a promise to call Foxy....."

Baines had rubbed his body against Alex until he began to moan helplessly in arousal, one leg slipping between Alex's legs and pressuring the inside of his thighs gently.

"....and meet him, to talk about the two of you."

"No!" Alex had begun to protest, but Alexei had other ideas, and dropped to his knees before his original. When Alex felt the zipper on his jeans go down, and Alexei's talented fingers reach inside, he had tried to pull away, but Baines was far stronger than he was and had held him still.

Alexei had spent the first few years of his adult life with nothing to do but perfect this particular skill. From the moment his lips closed around Alex Krycek's betraying erection, he knew he was lost. Alexei knew exactly how to arouse a man, how to torment him with movement of throat and lips and tongue. And it was down to Alex that his clone had learned how to use that skill to his own advantage. He would never have had the self-confidence before, to bring his lover to the brink, and hold him there, tantalisingly on the edge of orgasm, for as long as he wanted. It didn't take long for Alex Krycek's resistance to break down, and for him to start begging Alexei for satisfaction. He held out for almost ten minutes, but when Baines fingers worked their way between his legs and started to circle his tight opening, he lost whatever control he had managed to hang onto, and screamed his assent to anything, if only they would let him come. It had been worth it. Alex came so hard he fainted, and woke, wrapped in two sets of arms, warm and protected, more than a little dazed at their adept manipulation of their archetype.

So Alex had sent the message, both of them standing at his shoulder, relentless and merciless. Yes, Alexei too. And the sense of relief he had felt afterwards had stunned him further. Had he really wanted this so much then?

Mulder was predictably there already, the man was punctual at least. As well as being a betraying, confusing son of a bitch, and an incredible lover. Momentarily Alex hesitated. Did he really want to do this? Well, the two clones would never let him alone until he had at least tried. They hadn't come with him this time, not wanting to get in the way. Decisively, he flung away his doubts and opened the motel door.

Mulder stood inside the room, looking uncharacteristically anxious. His face lit up when he saw Alex, and a hesitant smile appeared. He looked endearingly dishevelled and just a little sad. They stared at each other uncertainly. Then before Alex could even think of what to say to his ex- lover, Mulder moved forward and kissed him

YES

This was what he needed, had missed so much. The feel of Alex in his arms

Mulder's arms around him filled an emptiness within him that he hadn't known existed

They were kissing each other fiercely, forgetting their argument. Nothing else was important, not the world around them, the noise of the t.v. or the lights of passing cars. Nothing but this. Alex felt himself shudder as he felt himself melting into those strong arms. He was crying soundlessly. Mulder gently drew back and cupped Alex's face between his hands, tenderly stroking away his tears.

"I love you. I've always loved you. I'm yours. Don't ever leave me again, please, you may as well shoot me first....."

The door burst open, and half a dozen black clad Consortium goons charged in. Both men swung round in shock, far too late to make a difference. Alex tried to move towards the door but something struck him in the chest, then there was the most horrendous pain he had ever felt. His body convulsed helplessly, and he fell powerlessly, his body paralysed. Distantly he heard Mulder scream in desperate denial, then there was an ugly thud, and a low whimpering moan from somewhere close to his head. The odd thing was that he was perfectly aware and conscious, despite his incapacity, and his vision wasn't impaired, although his only view was of the grey carpet.

His body was turned over by a rough pair of hands, and he found himself looking into a familiar, despised face. The Smoker.

"Well, well Krycek. This is an unexpected pleasure. I knew we would turn you up sooner or later, if we tracked Mulder. We just missed you on your last visit to Washington, we thought it was that stupid little clone." He smiled grimly. "I never knew you were so.... wanton, Alex. Secret assignations with Fox Mulder in a motel room, I'll have to thoroughly research that trait." The smile deepened, became more malevolent. "When we get you back to the labs!" The Smoker licked his lips suggestively. "Wonderful what the latest taser technology can do, isn't it. Deliver you up to me, totally helpless and unmarked..... as yet."

And as Alex was lifted by his captors, he caught a glimpse of Mulder sprawled on the floor, blood seeping from a gash across his forehead. They hadn't been gentle in their treatment of him. The Smoker dashed his hopes that at least one of them would escape this.

"Bring Mulder too. I have a score to settle with him. And besides, I think he might be just the leverage we need to make our little research subject here co-operative." That was the last thing Alex remembered, before something sharp sank into his good arm and the world faded away.

xx

Alex wasn't back and it had been two days since their meeting had been arranged. Baines was worried. While he could imagine Alex spending at least a day in bed with Fox Mulder, he should surely have surfaced by now, at least enough to give them a call on his mobile. Alex knew, though he pretended not to, how important both of his clones considered his mental well-being. He would have let them out of their misery, one way or the other, and Baines couldn't imagine Alex wanting to harm himself, even if Mulder would risk it, which Baines doubted. No. Something was badly wrong. Even Alexei was uneasy now, casting his eyes towards the phone every few minutes.

"I'm going to the motel, you want to come?"

Alexei nodded, and silently reached out to grip his hand for a moment. He knew Baines wasn't the sort of man to panic, but if he was worried..... It took them less than an hour to reach the motel. The first inkling that something was wrong, was the sight of the two cars parked outside the motel. Alex's and Mulder's. Then when Baines picked the lock of the door, and went inside, Alexei heard him hiss in shock. He dashed after his double, and before Baines could stop him, he stared at the bloodstain on the carpet.

"Do you think they killed each other?" he whispered.

"If they fought, why are their cars still outside, and their bags still here?" Baines shook his head. "I don't believe that! Look around. Maybe there are some other clues here."

But it was Alexei who found what they were looking for, on the floor of the room, kicked carelessly under the bed. The distinctive cigarette stub, with the word "Morleys" written across it. The young clone whimpered in distress, and Baines hurriedly came towards him. He stared desolately at the evidence his clone had found, and pulled Alexei in close to him, soothing away the trembling that had overtaken his double.

"We have to get them back!" Alexei sobbed. Then he slowly straightened, and swiped angrily at the tears that were trickling down his cheeks. "Baines...... teach me how to shoot!"

xx

Part VI

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

Double Trouble V
January 1999
by Megaera
E-MAIL Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
FEEDBACK Always welcome
RATING NC-17
CONTENT WARNING m/m sex
SPOILERS Xtro II, An obscure Nick Lea film with lots of rippling muscles, in which our hero plays a young soldier called Baines.
SUMMARY A continuing series about Alex and his clones.
DISCLAIMER I don't own any character from the X-Files, I'm only borrowing them for my own entertainment and hopefully, other peoples. No copyright infringement is intended. Mr Carter please don't take offence at my use of your beautiful characters.
COMMENTS Thanks for the encouragement, M. A. Bostron

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]