Go to notes and disclaimers


Double Trouble
by Megaera

Part II


Alexei the clone stared at the two men in the car with him, who at the moment, defined the limits of his world.

Alex! Beloved, strong and protective. From the first moment he had looked into identical green eyes, he had idolised his dark double. Alex had seen such danger and heartbreak in his life, and had survived it all. Tears prickled at the back of the clones eyes, as he thought of what had happened to Alex's arm. Sometimes when the memories and the ache in his arm, became too much, Alex would let himself be held, and weep in loving arms. No one had ever needed the clone before, and it felt so good.

And of course Mulder. Dark brown eyes and a quick wit. Alex talked about him all the time, the clone had seen the barely concealed admiration in his protector's eyes. Mulder was beautiful, and his body had felt so good. Surprised, Alexei realised that he too wanted Mulder.

Maybe Alex would let him play again.

Alexei gazed directly at Mulder, who sat next to him in the back seat. The agent became aware of his scrutiny, and sighed softly.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you, Alexei." Mulder sounded regretful. "I'm just tired, and I let my temper get the better of me."

Alexei smiled sweetly, and slid across the leather seat until he was next to Mulder. He rested his head trustingly against Mulder's shoulder and snuggled into him, sliding his arms around the agent's waist. Mulder saw Alex watching him in the interior mirror of the car, dark eyes crinkling in what was probably a smile of approval. Why did his relationships always have to get so complicated? Mulder didn't know, but he didn't doubt that his desire for both men was going to get him into trouble.

"We're here." Alex Krycek announced suddenly. The car pulled off the main road and began to bump along a dirt road. About a hundred feet into the cover of the trees, Alex halted the car. "We'd better walk from here, I don't know whether we'll find company!

Mulder moved awkwardly, his imprisoned arms were aching so much. Alex glanced at him, the reluctantly passed Alexei the key to his handcuffs. "Cuff him to your wrist, Alexei, it'll hurt him less, but he won't be able to escape. The green eyed clone passively followed instructions.

Mulder groaned at the painful sensation of blood returning to his arms. Krycek waited impatiently for him to recover, then gestured for both men to follow him. They came to the top of a small hill, and Alex flung himself down, edging forward to look over the top. "Come and see, Mulder. They haven't been back to clear the place up!" Mulder followed Alex's example, and crept to the top of the hill on his belly. Damn, he was wearing the wrong clothes for this! The scene below him was one of sinister silence, there was no movement in the compound below. No lights were visible in the lab buildings, which were half buried in the hillside.

A gentle hand crept into Mulder's and he found his fingers interlaced with Alexei's. The loveable young face was filled with anxiety.

"Bad! We should go." The hand tugged at him.

"Would someone mind telling me what the hell is going on!" Mulder hissed at his companions.

Alex turned to look at him. "I have to show you what's in that lab, Mulder."

Alexei whimpered. "Don't want to go there! Please! They'll hurt me for being bad!"

Alex reached out to grab his clone's shoulders. "We have to, Alexei. It's O.K. I won't let them get you. I promise." Huge scared eyes watched his face, then the clone nodded. "Love you Alex."

When they entered the lab, the smell of death was in the air, along with other, less identifiable chemical smells. Maybe ammonia? Alexei sobbed, shrank back against Mulder. With a look of exasperation, Alex finally freed Mulder's wrists from the cuffs.

"I guess curiosity will keep you here now, Foxy!"

"Thanks, Alex, for such a romantic day out!"

The assassin gave a wicked grin. "Stay here Alexei, if you don't want to come with us." Alex gestured to the outer office area. Alexei barely noticed. He sank onto a chair, arms wrapping round himself, huddled unseeing in misery. Alex gave him a slightly guilty look, then led Mulder down the corridor. It emerged through a door, into the main lab area. The two scientists' bodies had been there for over a week, and even this close to winter, decomposition was well advanced.

"Through there", Alex said, ignoring the remains. Trying not to show his revulsion, Mulder followed him through the door. He gasped. He was standing on a platform looking into an area that had been excavated into the hillside. But it was the contents of the cavern that stunned him. There were literally hundreds of them. Glass and metal coffins, each holding preserved bodies, lined up against the walls. He could see quite clearly that many of the bodies seemed subtly wrong, as if they weren't quite human. Alex had found the place the Consortium had been storing it's genetic experiments for the past thirty years. Fingers gently closed around Mulder's shoulder. "Frightening, isn't it! They've been messing with human DNA for so long. Including mine!" He gestured back towards the office where Alexei waited. Mulder pulled away, and began to descend into the cavern, eager to examine the installation.

xx

Alexei sat huddled in the dark office. He didn't want to be back here in this dreadful place.. He had never realised, until he met Alex, how miserable his life really was. Alex was so kind to him, gentle and generous, sharing everything, even Mulder. Being here brought all of the terrible memories back of the time before.

His father Doctor Anderson, stroking his head softly, as the clone knelt before him, so eager for a crumb of affection. "That's right Alexei, be good. You do something nice for me, and I might even let you watch t.v. tonight"

The other lab worker, the one that had so frightened Alexei was John Gurney. The one who never seemed to be happy with him, despite Alexei's desperate efforts to please him. Who so enjoyed hurting him, with fists, and lately, kicks.

You shouldn't tempt me like that, you little slut!

Alexei moaned in distress. Lost in memories, the first warning he had of renewed danger was when the door burst open, and the three armed men burst in. He found himself staring into the business end of three large guns. One of them laughed. "I've seen him here before, he's harmless. Just their little whore."

The second one scowled. "You can smell the death in here!" He grabbed Alexei's arm painfully. "Who did this? How long ago?"

"Don't know," he whispered. "My name's Alexei. I can be good..." His voice trailed off at the look of disgust on their faces.

The first man slapped him across the face. "Move from here and I'll hurt you, do you understand?" Alexei nodded frantically. "Good!" He gestured to the other men. "Let's check this place out. Maybe we'll get lucky."

They were going to hurt Alex and Mulder! The thought of that brought the most unbearable anguish he had ever felt. For a moment his terror of the gunmen held him motionless, but then he was scrambling to his feet, creeping hopelessly after them, his devotion to his lovers overcoming his fear. Better to die with them, than face that dreadful emptiness of being alone again. Tears silently slid down his cheeks.

xx

Mulder heard it first, the clatter somewhere above him, as he examined the documents that he had found on the lower level, in a filing room. Alex glanced upwards, then opened his mouth to call to Alexei. Moving forward, Mulder instinctively jammed his hand over Alex's mouth. The other man looked startled. Then they both heard the harsh voice overhead. "There's a light on down here!" A reply came. "You think that little slut came down here?" Alex twisted in Mulder's arms, struggling to free himself, his face dark with anger.

"He sure as hell didn't kill the lab workers. I think we've got ourselves a rat in the hole!" There was a burst of gunfire. "Come out, or I'll throw a grenade in!"

Gesturing for Alex to stay put, Mulder slowly rose to his feet, and came out of the small room. He held his hands up, and cautiously walked forward, into the view of the two men.

"Well, Agent Mulder, isn't it? Your time has just run out." He raised his gun. Alex flung himself sideways out of the little room, shooting as he moved, and taking out one man. The other swung his gun towards Alex, and fired, even as Mulder lunged forward. Mulder heard Alex scream in sudden agony, then he was grappling with the gunman.

Alexei watched in desperation as Mulder fought with the gunman, and Alex lay unmoving on the floor, scarlet blood blossoming on his shoulder. A shadow moved unexpectedly on the stairs nearby. Gurney's locker was nearby, and Alexei fled desperately towards it.

The man slammed his gun against Mulder's face, cracking against his cheekbone, while Mulder's hands clawed at his neck. He hung on grimly as the blows continued, then , just as his strength began to give out, the choking hold succeeded, and the man fell forwards on top of him, dead. Dizzy, he managed to move out from under the body, then grim laughter came.

"You lose!" The third man's gun was aimed directly at him. The gunman opened his mouth to speak, and blood sprayed out. He toppled forward, as the clone raised the hammer again, and brought it down yet again with a sickening crunch on his skull.

Oh yes, he knew how much a hammer hurt. Gurney had used it once on his hand for touching the chemicals

Alexei stared at the body of the man he had killed, and fell to his knees, sobbing into his hands.

"Alexei!", Mulder yelled, "Alexei, you've got to help me." He saw the haunted look in the young clone's face. "Come on. Alex is shot! We need to get him to a hospital!" Those words galvanised the clone as no other could have, and the two men carefully began to carry the body of a deeply unconscious Alex Krycek up the countless stairs.

xx

Alex leaned his head back against the firm leather upholstery of Mulder's couch. With his one good arm in a sling, due to the hole shot in his shoulder, he didn't have many options open to him. Staying in Mulder's apartment, with two caring attendants to look after him wasn't the worst of situations. To be honest, he wasn't sure why Mulder had let him stay. But being near Mulder wasn't something he was going to complain about. His only worry was Alexei. Something had been worrying the young clone for the past two days, and Alex didn't know what it was. Mulder had noticed it too.

Alexei gently fed his double a meal of chicken and fries, piece by piece. It was the clone's favourite and both of his companions had let him choose from the take away menu that evening. When he had fed Alex, the clone sank down next to him on the couch. Mulder and Alex exchanged glances.

"Alexei, " Mulder's words were kind, "What's wrong? "Young eyes miserably turned away from him.

"I was bad! You won't want me any more!"

Mulder pulled him close then. "I'll always want you, 'Lexy. I promise." And Mulder was surprised to realise that he meant it. Alexei wasn't just a copy of Krycek, he was sweet and loving, and utterly adorable. Something Mulder would never feel in a relationship with Alex, nor would he have wanted it that way. He stood in front of the seated clone, and wrapped his arms around Alexei's shoulders, and the clone wept quietly against his chest. Mulder soothed him gently, then irresistibly buried his face in the dark hair. Alexei lifted his face, and they kissed; long, slow and sensual. Mulder's tongue softly probed the sweet mouth. He felt himself catch fire, wanting the eager young body against his. Alexei began to rub himself enthusiastically against Mulder, and pulled open his shirt buttons. He slid his arms under the cotton material so that his arms were touching bare skin. Small kisses began to work their way down towards Mulder's waistband, where eager fingers were already fumbling.

Alex Krycek watched his other self seducing/being seduced by Mulder. Alexei was so beautiful. The clone momentarily lifted his head to look at Alex, and he met the look with a smile of encouragement. He wasn't exactly in a position to join in, however much fun it looked. And Alexei had certainly widened his sense of humour where Mulder was concerned. He lay back on the couch and closed his eyes, and his weakness sent him drifting into sleep within moments. Seeing how pale and exhausted Alex was, Mulder lifted the clone to his feet. He slid an arm around the firm muscled waist. "Shhh. Alex is asleep, lets go next door where we won't wake him!"

He twined his hand with Alexei's and tugged him into the bedroom. He pushed the clone onto the bed, and carefully began to undress him. With a sudden giggle, Alexei wriggled out of his clothes extra fast, and lay down on the bed, looking up at Mulder through long dark lashes. He was beautiful. Mulder wanted him so much.

He pushed Alexei onto his back, and gently slid up the firm body, until he was on top of the clone, looking down into wide green eyes. He placed one hand on either side of Alexei's face and leaned into him for a delicate kiss, feeling the pliant mouth yield to his. The half- astonished, wondering gaze of the clone as he was held and his mouth was explored, made Mulder feel so protective. A pair of strong young arms went around his shoulders, pulling him closer. Mulder could feel Alexei's arousal, and reached down to grasp the young man's rapidly hardening cock. Alexei whimpered in need, as Mulder's hand began to stroke him in long firm strokes.

Mulder decided that turn about was fair play, and leaning forward, began to work his lips across the warm body, trailing wetness with his tongue along the firm stomach muscles. Alexei looked startled, then enraptured, when Mulder began to work on his erection with his mouth, reciprocating what the clone had first done to him. The young man's moans were captivating.

"Love you Foxy! So good to me! Never done this before!" From his reactions, Mulder realised that Alexei must have always been used, one way or another, during sex. Never loved. No one had ever acted just to please him. Well that would change tonight. Taking careful note of the things that Alexei seemed to like, Mulder used all his considerable skill to bring the younger man to the heights of rapture.

Mulder stroked the side of the clone's face again, and this time, slipped two of his fingers into Alexei's mouth. His lover immediately started to suckle on them enthusiastically, and Mulder saw him grin. He moved his slick fingertips down between Alexei's legs, beginning to tease him open.

"Like this game, Foxy!" The young man's hips began to thrust against Mulder's probing fingers, he was sobbing with desire already. Mulder's own desire was beginning to make itself felt, then the clone's hand closed around him, and he almost screamed at the instinctive skill, that Alexei used to milk him. Cool fingers were already using his own precum to slicken his cock further.

"Please, oh please." Alexei begged. "Do anything for you. Please Foxy. Need you!"

Mulder pushed himself slowly inside Alexei's trembling body, working himself slowly into the sweet ass. He wrapped his arms around the clone, hugging him close, then began to move in as slow a rhythm as he could, working his lover into a frenzy. He fought against the urge to pound into the utterly open body against his, fucking Alexei long and slow, until the clone's head arched back, and he screamed, the white fire of his orgasm setting off fireworks in Mulder's body as his own control vanished.

Afterwards, he held Alexei close, feeling his heartbeat, the gentle sound of his breathing. Alexei sighed softly, nestled back into Mulder's arms. "You alright?" Mulder murmured against the back of Alexei's neck.

"Mmmm Foxy. Feel so good. I love you!" Mulder smiled against his cheek. They lay that way for what could have been minutes, or hours, time didn't really register to Mulder.

Alexei whispered the next words, but they shocked his lover utterly. "Going to hit me now? Sorry I'm a slut. Didn't mean to make you fuck me." He cried softly, green eyes filled with a mixture of longing, misery and resigned acceptance. Mulder felt a hot blast of rage at the suffering implied in the few quavering words. "Who hit you, Alexei? Who made you think this was bad?"

Huge miserable eyes bright with unshed tears watched him, bewildered. "Everyone at the lab said so!" He wailed then, "I'm bad! I made you do it!" A moan of suffering. "That's all I'm good for. Father said. Dirty little fuck! Can't even do that right. Only good to kick."

"'Those bastards!" Mulder wanted to kill something right then. It was probably just as well the objects of his hatred were already dead. He felt a surge of compassion for the vulnerable body lying next to him, as well as the need to protect him. And Fox Mulder pulled Alexei close, buried his head in the dark hair and held him close. "I'll never hurt you Alexei, You're not a slut! You're mine, and no one's ever going to hurt you again." A young face turned to him, and he kissed Alexei softly on his forehead. Alexei didn't really understand hope, but something fierce in Mulder's expression, oddly, didn't frighten him. Instead it made a spark of warmth inside him, that he clung to as his body finally slept, cradled in strong arms.

xx

Alex Krycek woke as the early morning light filtered through the blinds into his face. He wriggled his shoulder, feeling the stiffness in the sore muscles, and sighed at the discomfort. How had he managed to talk Mulder into this anyway? He felt a stir of hope at how readily Mulder had accepted having his former kidnapper stay in his apartment. The touch of cool fingers against his sore shoulder startled him, then he relaxed, as they began to carefully rub the injured muscles, gently soothing away the soreness. He hadn't seen Alexei sitting there in the shadows, watching over him.

"Did you enjoy yourself last night, Alexei?" Alex inquired.

The clone leaned forward, to rest his forehead against his double's.

"Don't understand Foxy!" He sounded confused. "Love him so. Need him... Need you..."

"What's got you all mixed up, Alexei?" He knew every expression on that familiar face, including the vaguely distressed look that the clone now wore.

"At the Lab they fucked me and I liked it!" Alex hissed in shock. "Felt so good. But they called me bad names afterwards. Hurt me. Told me how dirty I was to like it so much. Worthless piece of ass!" Alexei was crying. "Does Foxy think I'm bad now?"

Alex reacted much as Mulder had done the night before, with a mixture of anger and protectiveness. He awkwardly fumbled his arm out of the restrictive sling, and winced at how stiff and sore it was. He lifted his arm and pulled Alexei against him, soothing the bewildered young man. "You're not bad, Alexei. Life's just dealt you as bad a hand as the rest of us. We're all pretty fucked up!" He felt Alexei slowly relax against him as his terrors didn't materialise.

"You look as though you're feeling better Alex" Mulder watched them from the doorway to his bedroom. He was wearing a towel round his waist, and nothing else, a sight which made Alex suddenly feel about ten degrees hotter. Oh yes, he could get in a fever about this man. The clone lifted his head from Alex's chest, and smiled shyly. Mulder grinned openly, which Alexei took as encouragement to approach him. Face to face with the clone, Mulder tilted the younger man's chin up and slowly kissed him. Alexei flung his arms round Mulder, and hugged him tightly. Which action, Alex noted with no small interest, threatened to dislodge the skimpy towel.

It was a rather awkward moment for Scully to walk in.

"Mulder! What the hell!" Two sets of eyes, brown and green turned towards her in stunned surprise.

Mulder felt Alexei shrink against him, arms tightening around his waist.

"Mulder! Why are you kissing Alex Krycek? In a towel!"

Someone hidden from her view on the couch guffawed. Alex leaned forward so Scully could see him. "He's not, Scully!" Her expression became even more astounded.

Realising that Mulder wasn't scared, Alexei relaxed. "Hi! I'm Alexei." He smiled at the transfixed woman, guileless and sweet natured. "Are you Foxy's friend too?"

"Difficult question!" She said coldly. "Well... Foxy?"

Mulder grimaced. "They've been helping me with a case, Scully!"

Alexei smiled innocently. "I'm not a slut!" he said brightly

Mulder groaned, and covered his face with one hand, shaking his head. Alex began to snigger, and somewhere along the line Mulder's expression became so irresistible that a slight smile even appeared on Scully's face. Alexei smiled at the two of them sweetly, then he hugged Mulder again.

"Can we play later, Foxy?" Scully raised an eyebrow.

Mulder looked at Alexei then at Scully. "Didn't you know I have a weakness for beautiful men Scully?" he said softly. To her surprise, Scully saw Alex Krycek's face light up at that. Mulder pulled the clone closer, and slowly, deliberately, kissed him again. "Oh yes, 'Lexy, whatever you want!" The overjoyed expression on Alexei's face made him forget his embarrassment.

Mulder sighed. Scully looked as though she wanted to shoot all three of them, if only she could decide which one to pick first. "Your explanation had better be good, Foxy, or I'm putting that Krycek under arrest right now!" She pointed at the one armed version.

Mulder gently squeezed Alexei's shoulders. "Why don't you go shower, 'Lexy, then you can pick out something of mine to wear." The clone smiled at him trustingly, and placidly did as he was told. Mulder sank down onto the couch next to Alex, not really caring that he wasn't exactly dressed for visitors. He brushed his damp hair back with his hand and looked intently at his irritated partner. "Alex found one of the consortium's gene labs, Scully, and rescued our harmless young friend there. He decided to bring me in on it, but we had to fight our way out of the place."

Scully scowled. "Of all the irresponsible things to get mixed up in! Secret experimental labs and Alex Krycek! Both top of my avoid list. Didn't it occur to you to get back-up?"

Mulder glanced briefly at Alex. The younger man met his gaze, flushed slightly. Mulder decided not to enlighten Scully about the time he was in handcuffs. He still hadn't resolved his feelings about that yet. "I guess not!" he said dismissively. "Still, I managed to pick up some of their records. I need someone with a medical background to check them out though."

She gave him a blistering glance. "Mulder, you are going to owe me big time for this!"

He tried to smile optimistically at her, but somehow her forbidding expression only made him feel that he was making a spectacle of himself. At least she hadn't commented on his rather compromising behaviour with Alexei. Then he saw her mouth open to do just that. "If I smoked, I'd want a cigarette now!" he commented to the world in general.

The clone popped his head round the door to the bedroom. Evidently he had heard the last remark. "Ugh! No, Foxy! Nasty, dirty smelly stuff! Even smells rotten when you fuck!" Scully blushed.

"You shouldn't talk about that in front of Scully, Alexei. She might not like it." Alex spoke in gentle reproach.

Brilliant green eyes sparkled at her. "Sorry!" Alexei bowed his head, then gave her his devastating puppy dog impression. He spoiled the effect by suddenly grinning mischeviously at her when Alex wasn't looking. "Nasty old man who came to visit the Lab smoked!" the clone muttered.

Three sets of eyes were suddenly fixed on him, and surprised, Alexei blushed. "What!" Scully said. Green eyes widened. "Tell us about the old man, Alexei!"

The clone shrugged. "Often came. Stayed overnight, went into tunnels, talked a lot with father. Laughed when he saw me. Liked me so much that father made me please him. Nasty taste of smoke though!" Alexei looked sickened. So did his audience, though for different reasons.

"Bastard!" Alex hissed. "I'll kill him if I ever meet him again."

"You can stand in line!" Mulder rose from the couch and slammed his fist against the wall.

Scully looked at the clone, who seemed faintly scared by the two men's reactions. "Was I bad?" he whispered.

"No Alexei, he was." She kept her voice calm and soothing. "Is that all you remember? This is important. Can you recall anything he said?"

The clone thought for a moment, then suddenly smiled. "Yes! I had to memorise something he told me. What I had to say if I ever met Alex! I forgot until now."

If you ever meet Krycek, tell him how you entertained me. He makes a good fucktoy! And tell him we had more than one use for his DNA!

xx

Own up! If Chris Carter decided he needed clones of Mulder and Krycek for a forthcoming episode, who would order one?
If you said yes to that question, you're so boring.... Every one else would have at least two!

Start banking that D.N.A. guys!!!

Part III
Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

Double Trouble II
20 October 1998
Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
FEEDBACK Always welcome
NC-17
SPOILERS After the Red and Black
DISCLAIMER I don't own any character from the X-Files, I'm only borrowing them for my own entertainment and hopefully, other peoples. No copyright infringement is intended. Mr Carter please don't take offence at my use of your beautiful characters.
COMMENTS I quite enjoyed working out how people interacted in this story. Thanks to the people who sent feedback for episode 1. I'll try to continue the series. It's been fun working with a cuddly Alex! And boy, do I need a cuddle from Alex!

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]