Go to notes and disclaimers


Revelations
by Kindli


Mulder stepped into the dimly lit restaurant and scanned the booths until he saw his expected contact and walked to the small corner table. Sliding into the chair across from his sister's clone he watched her expression carefully. "So, what's going on?"

Indicating he should be quiet, Mariah smiled as a waitress approached.

The stereo-typical waitress stood before them chewing gum, a notepad in her palm. "So what'll ya have?" She popped a bubble.

"Coffee." More concerned with what his friend had to say, Mulder hardly glanced at the waitress. Once the woman brought the requested coffee and left, Mariah began speaking.

"We may have an antidote, Fox. Dorcas and I have been testing it for over a year, we think we might have it... but we need a test subject, preferably one that can handle the consequences— if it fails." Her voice was soft and held a hint of apology.

Knowing it would be pointless to argue, Fox didn't bother. "When?" The cure was more important than his aversion to the black oil. He prepared to get up.

"I have a hotel room prepared for tonight." To stop him from standing she placed a hand on his arm. "Not yet... finish your coffee. So how have you been?" She engaged him in small talk, letting him relax as he began talking about his most recent case. Mulder was unpredictable when he was tense, and she wanted him calm for tonight.

After about a half hour of this drabble, Fox set down his cup and stood up, no longer wanting to prolong the inevitable. Mariah nodded and followed him outside. They took a cab to the hotel and she led him to the room.

Without a word spoken, the FBI agent removed his jacket and shirt, allowing her to prep his arm and hardly flinching when she injected him with the murky looking contents in the syringe. She led him to the bed and he immediately lifted his arms so she could lock them into the padded cuffs attached to the bedposts. He glanced nervously at the IV sitting next to the bed. At the moment there was no bag attached, but he knew by now that it would be used to administer the oil into his system.

As he watched Mariah set the timer, Fox finally broke the silence. "So, have you enjoyed the last year? Kadia has a lot of respect for Dorcas, she said that if anyone could find an antidote, it would be her. She thought you would have a lot in common with her, too."

"Oh yes. It's been wonderful. She's learned so much in her lifetime, and never gets impatient with my questions. We work together really well. Once she got past her disbelief in what we were working with, she was all for the studies. She calls it a virus, refusing to acknowledge it for what it is, but she accepts it. I love working with her, she lets me do what I'm good at, and she deals with the rest of it." Mariah spoke animatedly, leaving no room for doubts in Mulder's mind.

Head on the pillow, Fox turned his head to look at her. "Have you been in England all this time, or Russia? Kadia mentioned something about wanting to be close to the source. She said that since that debacle with the pouch two years ago, you haven't wanted to take any chances."

Mariah snorted in disgust. "Russia. I still can't believe you let that asshole lead you around like he did. You already knew what was in the pouch, you knew what the rock was all about, yet you allowed him to screw up everything. And as for Scully allowing those morons to do tests on the rock, what was up with that?" She glared at him, waiting to hear what he'd say.

"They were getting suspicious. I was following up on a bomb threat, something that had absolutely nothing to do with the X-Files—"

Interrupting him, Mariah took the opportunity to remind him, "You didn't have to accept the assignment."

"The receipts were being sent directly to me. It was obviously meant for me to follow the trail. There was no guarantee the information would continue to be delivered if I turned to case over to someone else. We were dealing with human lives here, Mariah. I couldn't just ignore it because it wasn't a part of The Plan. Besides, things were pretty quiet and I was getting bored. It's not like I knew it was Krycek sending me the receipts."

"It's not like you had any contact with Charles at the time. If you had bothered to get in touch with him, he could have told you the man was involved in a militia group. Besides, that's not what I'm upset about. I'm annoyed because you let that rock get in the hands of lay people." Mariah argued vehemently, pacing the small room.

Mulder rolled his eyes, why was everything his fault? "If you would be good enough to recall, the customs officials were infected with the actual oil before the rock even appeared. If Scully and I didn't investigate, that in itself would have been very suspicious. We push buttons, remember? That's what the X-Files is all about. And Krycek is a huge part of 'The Plan', whether you acknowledge that or not. He could cause irreparable damage if I didn't do what he planned. He'd have to find another way to do what he wanted, whatever that was... better to be there along for the ride than in the dark. At least knowing what was going on, we could fix things. It became a minor setback, instead of a major one."

"People died, Fox. They died because they had no idea what they were getting involved in."

With a small shrug, Mulder strived to sound disinterested. "If we hadn't allowed it to happen as it did, the results wouldn't have been contained. Making it public as we did, the Consortium was able to get involved and conceal it. Knowing how frightening it was, the scientists that were in on it were more than happy to turn it over to the shadowy powers that be and wash their hands of it." He knew that in the long run, things had worked out for the best; but Mariah only had a specified amount of years on earth and she saw things on a smaller scope.

Before Mariah could argue her point again, the timer went off and they both turned to stare at it. Fox with apprehension in his eyes, and Mariah with a muted excitement.

"You ready?"

Fox knew she asked in order to give him some small feeling of control, but since it wouldn't matter if he said no, he simply nodded, his eyes fixed on her movements.

A cooler sat incongruously in the corner of the room and Mariah walked to it confidently, pulling out a metal canister. She proceeded to attach a tube to the lid and began the tedious process necessary of transferring the independent thinking oil to the IV bag, ensuring it didn't have the opportunity of escaping and infecting her instead of the test subject. Once there was sufficient oil in the bag, she removed the tube from the canister's suction lid and recapped it.

Mulder watched as she dropped the tube into a dish of alcohol, quickly lighting a match, a glint of satisfaction in her brown eyes as it fizzled into black ash. He cleared his throat, reminding her of her current mission, and she hurriedly wheeled the IV to the bed and attached another tube to the bag, directing the flow to just above his head.

He closed his eyes tightly as the oil like substance dripped onto his face, and couldn't prevent the soft whimper from escaping when it began crawling into his eyes, nose and between his lips. It was quick though, and the sensation of being possessed was short lived. After a very short struggle, he lost consciousness and went into a coma.

Mariah watched without expression, recording the time and reactions on a notepad and into a tape recorder. He remained in the comatose state for over 20 minutes as she kept notes of his blood pressure and heart rate- needing to make sure he was still alive before the thing was rejected.

Finally, almost a half hour later, the oil began trickling out of his nose and mouth. Unable to escape its death, it dried almost instantly as the air touched it.

Coughing, Mulder gasped for breath as he forced his eyes open. "How long did it take?"

She glanced up from her notes and to her watch. "Over a half hour."

"Good. Now the question is, will it work after infection?"

She shrugged and opened the bedside drawer to pull out a gun. "Only one way to find out."

Mulder flinched away, knowing that death would clean his system of oil and antidote, but at the moment he was too wound up to deal with dying. "Silencer's help, Mariah. We're in a public hotel here, you shoot that thing and the cop's will be here before we can escape."

Halting in mid-aim, Mariah stared at him and then at the gun in consternation.

"Don't worry about it. I have the entire week off. Skinner wants to give the 'big guys' a chance to cool off after my last.. case. We can do this tomorrow night," Mulder assured her.

Relieved, she lowered the gun and put it away before reaching for his handcuffs.

Upon his release, Mulder stood on shaky legs and made his way to the bathroom.

xx

Sometime later, he came out of the bathroom, hair still damp from his shower, pants on but chest bare. "Your turn." He nudged her toward the small room. "We're going out."

Obediently- though confused, Mariah went to take her shower. When she came out, Mulder was dressed, hair dry and brushed, and he waited for her impatiently.

"I don't have clothes for a night out."

"Don't need any, there's a little store I know of. We'll go there." He led the way to her car and allowed her to drive— even though she didn't know where they were going. He knew Mariah wouldn't protest, because she understood how testy he could get when he felt trapped. He still felt the antidote flowing through his system and knew from experience that it would be a few hours before it was rejected by his immortal body.

Mariah interrupted his musings with a softly spoken query. "Where are we going?"

"Shopping. After that, we'll visit a little club I used to frequent quite often when Cory was still with me, before the X-Files." Mulder led her to a sparsely occupied parking lot of a specialty store.

He led the way to the dressing room, grabbing clothing from the racks, seemingly haphazard in his choices as they walked to the back. He was delighted to hear Mariah giggle in shocked delight as she watched him with wide brown eyes. He was glad he could make her smile again.

They hadn't had fun together since before he'd joined the FBI. When he decided to join Quantico, she became a scientist, wanting to find a way to kill the 'black cancer'. She devoted her life to it- not taking the time to enjoy her youth. And he couldn't visit her since it was quickly decided that if Mulder wanted to truly integrate himself as a clueless, but intuitive pest, he couldn't be seen with anyone even remotely interesting to the Consortium. A Samantha clone would gather more than a little notice. In over 10 years, this was the third time that they had been together in public.

"Here, try this stuff on." He handed her an armload of clothing and as she entered the only changing stall, he chose some stuff for himself.

Mariah allowed him to see how she looked in each ensemble until he finally nodded decisively. "You need boots. Try these." She obeyed and he grinned with satisfaction. "Perfect."

xx

They were only a few blocks from the club when they had to stop for a red light and Mulder took the opportunity to reach over and clasp the remaining piece of to the outfit around Mariah's neck. Then he clasped his own.

As they approached the door of the club, the bouncer recognized him. "Hey, Foxy— no time no see."

Mariah's eyes widened when Mulder didn't even flinch- he just shrugged. "Work takes up all my time these days, LZ."

"Sucks. Who's the girl?"

"My little sister." Mulder gazed at him innocently.

"Cute. Go on in." Opening the door, LZ watched as the two leather clad beauties walked in.

Mariah stepped closer to her 'big brother' and whispered in his ear in amazement. "Foxy?!"

Taking her arm, Fox grinned and led her to the bar. He sensed a couple of men approaching them and looked forward to reintroducing himself to a life he had been forced to leave when his part in the 'Plan' was changed.

He ordered two drinks and watched with amusement as two of the men practically came to blows, trying to determine who Mariah would dance with. A few of the men were there to hit on him, but he was looking for a specific partner tonight, and none of the these men were what he wanted.

Mariah looked quite fetching in her all black leather tie-up halter top and knee-high skirt with boots that reached just below her knees, covering the entirety of her legs while leaving no doubt as to their shape. The narrow collar around her neck was the perfect touch.

Of course he was dressed just as provocatively- in skin tight leather pants and a black silk shirt, with his own collar.

He watched her reactions to the attentions with a small smile, knowing she didn't get out much without himself and Cory to drag her away from the labs. Most of their life was now occupied with the preparations for fighting the colonization, but Cory had taught him long ago not to let life be all work and no play. He usually took a lot of side trips almost all the time because he had no fear of punishment, since Scully let him get away with just about everything. She remembered nothing of her original part in their little drama, but subconsciously she must know. He was sure of it.

"Fox?" A soft voice husked into his ear, pulling him out of his reverie.

Mulder turned to see a young man- blond and gorgeous standing behind him. "Hello Hans." He couldn't stop the grin from spreading across his face.

Hans, the typical German Top stared at him- his blue eyes showing shock. Finally, he growled between clenched teeth. "What are you doing here?"

"Having some fun. I'm on forced leave- they have no say over what they don't know. Come on Hans- how 'bout it." He offered his body, spreading his legs a little wider, knowing the man was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. He was one of Cory's friends, and very familiar with the old Fox. Cory had insisted he be one of the first they told, when it was decided he would be going into the FBI as a clueless young agent. Mainly because he had been one of Mulder's contacts when he worked with the WMM- and was capable of exposing Fox for who he was if unaware of the dangers.

The blonde-haired man's eyes widened just a little. "You realize this club is popular with the goons of the Consortium; you haven't switched sides suddenly, have you?"

Fox shook his head. "Me? No, not this time. Besides, it's not like I'm going to recognize any of these guys- even if they do recognize me. I'm clueless, remember?" He grinned again, looking ridiculous as he fluttered his eyelashes.

After a long minute, Hans sighed and placed his hand on Mulder's hip- directing him to stand up and led him to the dance floor. "If you get yourself killed, you've only got yourself to blame. Who's the girl, anyway?" He changed the subject.

"Friend from Oxford. She's just visiting, so I thought I'd show around town."

"Don't you think it's rather dangerous, letting her be seen somewhere like this with you?"

After following the blonde man's eyes to his 'sister', Fox saw her getting very friendly towards the man with whom she was dancing. He smiled fondly, thinking back to a long past incident. "She can take care of herself."

"If you say so." Hans sounded doubtful, but he knew how dangerous Fox used to be, and if the other man thought the female could take care of herself, he'd take his word for it.

Ready to put his friend to the back of his mind so he could satisfy the pulsing ache between his legs, Fox rubbed himself up against the man and suggested into the ear on which he was nibbling, "Let's go downstairs."

It wasn't as if Hans didn't want to take advantage of the opportunity the other man was offering him, he just didn't want to get himself killed. He began to lead Fox to the stairwell, his hand placed possessively on the man's ass.

"Excuse me." A familiar voice suddenly rasped, and Mulder turned slowly. Through half closed eyes, he looked at the speaker.

Hans grunted, not really saying anything. The fact that Krycek looked just like Cory didn't faze Hans in the least. He knew something about clones, and this man was just another consortium goon.

"Get lost, buddy. He's mine." Krycek sounded furious as he growled through his teeth at the man. His eyes were practically black with anger.

Fox stiffened for a mere second, before he relaxed back into Hans' embrace. He decided to play this out and see where it led. "Looks like you've got a rat problem. Have you considered cats? They're easily maintained and keep the pest population to a minimum." He offered his opinion while glaring at his nemesis/enemy without any real tension in his posture. He stood confidently before the rat-bastard that looked just like his on-again/off-again lover. He didn't really hate the man, but he had a part to play. Tonight was one of those nights he just couldn't get his body to play the same part though.

So, things were like that between the two? "You sure about that?" Hans smirked at the young man, unable to resist baiting him.

While glaring at Fox, Alex replied, "Yeah, I'm positive. Now get lost."

The agent bristled with indignation, and was about to retort when Hans interrupted. "I've got other things to do anyway. You let me know if you get bored again, huh Fox?" The blonde hunk moved away from his friend with a wink and ignored him when he attempted to argue.

Krycek watched the man walk away and then growled uncharitably. "What the hell are you doing here dressed like that?! Geez, Mulder. You're going to get yourself killed."

"What- you were worried about me? I'll have you know that you just chased off what was going to be a fun date. You'd better be willing to make this up to me." His lower lip jutted out in his famous pout. "Besides, what's wrong with the way I'm dressed?"

Wrapping two fingers in the collar around Mulder's neck, Krycek pulled him to the steps. "I'll make it up to you all right. I don't know what's with you at times. It's like you have some sort of suicide wish or something. You go off in a snit and then act stupid. You're looking for excitement, I'll give you excitement." He snarled as he dragged Mulder downstairs to the rooms kept specifically for this purpose. "Do you even know that man? What he does to his subs? Do you really want to find yourself beaten so badly you can't even crawl home?"

Completely enamored with this 'protective!' Alex, Fox followed him docilely. He decided against letting Alex in on the fact that he did indeed know Hans and his proclivities. He liked this side of the triple agent. Well, he actually liked being led by the collar the most, but he liked the younger man's anger. "No Alex," he replied as he trotted to keep up.

Krycek pulled open a curtain to an unoccupied room and then yanked it shut behind them.

"A fun date huh? I'll make it up to you." Angrily, he released Mulder and shoved him toward the small cot. "Strip."

Without argument, Fox began removing his shirt and then moved to his shoes. Finally, without embarrassment, he removed his pants and stood before the young man. He raised a brow and waited to see where Alex planned to go with this. He was pleased to realize that the time it had taken to get undressed hadn't been enough to cool Krycek's temper.

Alex stood there, eyes still burning with anger- his false arm hanging limp at his side, his other holding a belt. "Get in position... Fox," He said the name scornfully, intending to punish the man with the very use of it.

Doing as he was told, Fox accepted the blows with hardly a whimper. He listened to Alex berate him, calling him a fool and and all manner of names. It wasn't until he cried out that Alex threw the belt against the wall. His anger gone now, he noticed the state of arousal Mulder was now in. "You are such a freak, Mulder."

It wasn't until now that Mulder realized how 'vanilla' Krycek must be. Here he was in the mood for a desperately hard fuck and his 'date' couldn't give it to him... yet. If he was going to get what he needed, he'd have to play this Krycek's way. So he turned to the pretty face and caressed the irritated features. Surprisingly enough, he had listened to every word Alex had said while hitting him. He sank to his knees and wrapped his arms around Krycek's legs.

xx

Alex gaped at the man on the floor hugging his knees. Since when was Mulder this fucking tame? There was something going on here, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know what the man could possibly be drugged with.

Kneeling on the floor, Mulder tilted his head back to glance up at Krycek's face. "I'm sorry Alex. I swear I won't come here again— not without you." He lightly brushed his head against the other man's thigh and smiled to himself when he noticed the growing bulge in Krycek's pants. //So Alex likes submissive, huh? I can do submissive.//

Alex glared at him suspiciously. Finally, he muttered softly, "You need a keeper."

"You applying for the task?" With a cheeky grin, Mulder brushed his head against Krycek's legs again- only this time he intentionally rubbed against the triple agent's groin in the process.

A soft groan came from above him. "You put yourself into stupidly dangerous situations, Mulder. You really don't deserve to be fucked."

The husky voice sounded rather breathy in Mulder's opinion. He decided to see just how long the man would refuse him. He opened his mouth over the rock-hard bulge, and began tonguing it. Savoring the short little gasps of his soon to be lover he began to suck at the denim covered erection. He had inched closer with each little whimper and was soon rubbing his own erection against Krycek's leg. When he was pretty sure he would get his way, he pulled away and tilted his head back to ask, "Can I earn it?"

Lust filled eyes stared down at him uncomprehendingly at first, but when understanding hit, he growled at the older man. "Quit trying to fuck my leg and show me what else you can do with that mouth of yours."

Obediently putting some distance between himself and a premature release, Mulder opted against using his teeth and used the conventional method of unzipping Krycek's now too tight jeans and helped him remove them, along with his shoes. Without another word spoken by either, he took the man's cock into his mouth, using tongue and throat to give pleasure.

"Fuck!!" Krycek yelled suddenly, releasing his seed into the older man's mouth.

Mulder swallowed quickly, and let the partially limp dick slip from his mouth. His own cock was hard and leaking, begging for attention. A few moments passed while Krycek regained his breath.

Krycek couldn't help but wonder if Mulder had put him in these types of situations often. "You're very good at this. Do you risk your life for this sort of thing often?" His voice was dangerously soft.

Shaking his head, Mulder assured him, "Of course not."

"So you're saying talent like that just comes naturally?" Alex's voice was skeptical and cold as he struggled for equilibrium.

Seeing his opportunity for a good hard fuck flying out the window, Mulder's tone was frustrated and annoyed. "Didn't you read the records of my life during Oxford?"

Krycek froze. "They only mention some woman named Phoebe Green. You had a male lover in Oxford, too?"

Having more pressing issues on his mind then discussing his past history at the moment, Mulder snapped at him. "You fuck me and I'll tell you all about my screwed up relationships, otherwise get the hell away from me while I take care of it myself."

The younger man stared down at Mulder, his expression turning from cold, to calculating, to tolerant, all in a matter of seconds. "Patience, Mulder. All good things come to those who wait. You want me to fuck you, then you'll have to make me hard again. Can you do that?" He could usually play the older agent like a fiddle, and he refused to allow himself to be distracted. Especially if he could make Mulder hold to his promise.

Relieved, Mulder allowed himself to relax into his part and practically purred when Alex began petting his hair. He heard the young man chuckle when he arched into the gentle touch as he leaned forward to again taste the hardening cock at the same time.

"Good boy," Krycek murmured, his fingers sifting through the silky brown hair soothingly.

Now that he knew he would finally get what he wanted, Mulder was content to take Krycek's cock deeper into his throat, and he hummed softly. The younger man's legs were getting shaky and he knew it wouldn't be much longer.

Sure enough, the gentle touch was becoming more insistent, clenching tighter until finally Krycek pulled him away. "Turn around Mulder, on your hands and knees."

With a quick glance at the man's face, to make sure this wasn't some game, Mulder obeyed. Quivering with anticipation he scrambled to get on his knees. He knelt with his head down, waiting for the heat of the other man's body to indicate his own completion was imminent.

He felt the man moving around behind him, and was about to look to find out what he was doing, when Krycek returned and placed a hand on his ass. "Settle, I just needed supplies." Remembering the small chest of 'toys' always kept in the chest by the door, Mulder waited impatiently for the man's preparations. He felt as if he were a mass of nerve endings, he practically jumped when he felt a slick finger pressing at the entrance of his ass.

Krycek chuckled again and pulled out, only to return with two fingers, stretching him. The man beneath him was panting, trembling with need. A complete contradiction to the man that usually tried beating him to a pulp at most of their meetings. He angled his reach to brush against the older man's prostate and grinned when Mulder yelled out in pleasure. Deciding there was no better time then the present, he quickly rolled a condom onto his cock and moved to enter him.

Mulder made some small protesting noises in the back of his throat, but leaned down, resting his head on his folded arms. He sighed in pleasure as he felt himself being stretched slowly, until he was filled with the younger man's cock. A moment passed before Krycek finally began to move. Increasing his pace at impossibly slow rates of time. He was whimpering frantically by the time the man finally started thrusting into him at a more uncontrolled pace. "Touch yourself." He heard whispered into his ear. After twisting his arm free from its prison he grabbed hold of his cock, and began jerking it at the same pace Krycek was fucking him. "You ready yet, Mulder?" He heard the slightly mocking voice question in his ear. Unable to form actual words, he just muttered, "Hngh." There was that breathy chuckle again, before the bastard finally whispered, "Then come with me." The tongue in his ear was the finishing touch and he came into his hand, semen squirting over his belly and onto the floor. Krycek came right after he did, ramming into him furiously.

It seemed like hours later that Krycek ended up slumped weakly over Mulder's sated body, breathing heavily. Finally Mulder groaned, twisting a bit to escape the other man's weight and he lay on his side. "Not too bad for an amateur."

Krycek didn't bother responding.

xx

kindli27@hotmail.com

Title: Revelations
Author: Kindli
Fandom: X-Files/Highlander
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek (slash)
Rating: NC-17
Status: Incomplete
Disclaimers: X-Files belongs to 1013, Fox, and Chris Carter. Highlander belongs to Panzer/Davis Productions. No profit is being made from this piece of fiction.
Spoilers: Terma
Notes:This is an Alternate Universe where Mulder is immortal. There's a lot of back story to this story which will come out as it continues. Mariah is Samantha Mulder's clone. Past mention of a relationship with Cory Raines.
Please forgive me for the changing pov's, I just couldn't think of a better way to tell the story.
Thanks to Quinn for encouragement and beta.
Summary: After an immortal Mulder is used as a guinea pig for a black cancer test, he decides to just let loose and have some fun. Believing he needs help, Alex 'rescues' him and finds himself in over his head when it comes to Mulder's screwed up psyche.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]