Go to notes and disclaimers


Slow Dance III

Krycek
by Katherine F


Here they come, the Beautiful Ones...

I love this place. Every single person who comes here has got totally wacko ideas of what constitutes acceptable behaviour. They don't mind if you snort coke at a wedding as long as you don't do it on the mahogany table. They don't care if you're a killer as long as you're not a nerd. Naturally, I fit right in.

It makes my skin crawl to think of the creatures that could be hiding in the corners waiting for me to make a mistake. I'm toast if I show the slightest sign of wrongness, whether it's a hint that I know I'm being watched or something to make Them believe that I'm not here for pleasure. Well...not entirely for pleasure, anyway.

So I'm going to do what I always do when I come here. I'll dance, schmooze, turn heads, and pick some likely prospect off the floor for a little more-or-less-innocent bump and grind. The fact that tonight's prospect happens to be Fox Mulder may well be a spark added to a very dry powder keg, but hopefully he and Scully will be out of here by the time this place goes kaboom.

I can't count on his survival skills (what survival skills?) getting him out of here alive, which is why I asked her along. Never mind the fact that if I hadn't asked her, she'd probably have come anyway.

And I have to admit, the thought of...doing what I'm going to do...with her watching is somewhat intriguing.

I watch them arrive from a dim corner beside the DJ's cage. First Scully, all stiff elegance in a green dress that doesn't really suit her, then Mulder in jeans and leather, both of them looking twitchy. How gratifying to have such an effect on people.

The music changes and I'm dancing before I even realise it. It's something I don't recognise, not that that matters; it's loud and it's fast and it pounds. And I dance, just like I always do; but underneath it there's an edge of awareness that isn't always there. I smile and wink at the regulars, the ones who know my favourite bands and what I like to drink when the night begins, and I wonder: is she? Is he?

It could be any one of them. Hell, it could be all of them. I won't know until the transaction has been completed, if then. I tongue the chip briefly, encased as it is in plastic and safely positioned between my gum and lower lip.

It's time.

I pause briefly between songs, to find myself facing Scully. She looks cool, like she always does, even when she's angry, and I have to wonder what's going on behind that perfect mask of a face. And I wink at her, just to put her off balance, and turn back to the task at hand.

When Mulder puts his glass down, I grab his hand and pull him onto the dance floor. He's stiff and awkward; he wasn't expecting this. I whisper "Dance!", my lips so close to his ear they're practically touching it. Oh, that little tremor that runs through him...and suddenly I'm glad it's dark and he can't see the hunger in my eyes.

We dance, close and slow like lovers, like teenagers at the prom, like people who have no reason to hate each other. We dance, and I stroke his neck briefly with my new left hand. The skin there is still sensitive and the feel of his against mine is enough to make me gasp, but I clench my teeth on it. Control. I am in control.

I shift us closer to the center of the floor and whisper into his ear, "In a minute I'm going to kiss you. Just thought I'd let you know."

He doesn't like that. He stiffens and draws back as much as my arms will let him. "What is this about, Krycek?" he whispers furiously. "What the hell is going on?"

I smile, even though he can't see it. "You'll see," I say, and keep on dancing.

For a while I can let myself drift a little, focusing on these sensations: heat, sound, the slight vibration of the floor, his movements against me. What a temptation it all presents. It would be so very easy to close my eyes and lose myself in this dance, as if we really were lovers.

Instead I keep them open and listen to the music—oh, "Filmstar", very nice. Very apt. When the second chorus comes around I can't resist; I have to rub Mulder's nose in it.

what to believe in? it's impossible to say
what to believe in when they change your name
wash your brain
play the game again

He looks like he knows what I'm getting at. He looks like he wishes he didn't. He's beautiful when he's conflicted.

And then...well, it's a good thing this was part of the plan, because I can't keep my hands off him. I lick a path down his cheek and jaw, savouring the taste of his skin and the rough texture of stubble, and then the slight resistance as I lick gently past his lips. C'mon, Foxy boy, don't fuck up the plan, don't pretend you don't want this...but the resistance doesn't last and we're soon kissing for real.

Sweet. He tastes sweet. I always thought he'd taste like salt, like those seeds he never stops chewing, but he tastes sweet and faintly spicy.

I can't hear the groans he's making—he probably can't hear them himself—but I can feel them, deep drawn-out vibrations that send shudders down my spine and a jolt to my cock. I can feel it beginning to get hard. I'd like to rub it against his, just to see how he'd react: with a yelp or a sigh, an arched back or a sensuous reciprocation? Some other time, my curiosity will be satisfied. Right now I have business to attend to.

Putting the card in his back pocket is easy, and it seems to pull him back to reality somewhat. I keep my mouth on his, my tongue twined with his, but he's not responding with quite the same enthusiasm. Shame. Still, it makes it easier to disengage and push the chip into his mouth.

I've had my mouth glued to his and I'm out of breath; but then, so is he. I move my mouth close to his ear, so close he must feel the word before he hears it.

"Swallow."

His Adam's apple bobs up and down, an enticing sight. I'll see it again some day, and it won't be a microchip he'll be swallowing either.

"Now get out of here, and take Scully with you. Back exit. And talk in the alley; your car's bugged." I flick his lobe once with my tongue, just to mix him up a little more, and slip away into a corner, watching them as they leave. Mulder looks bewildered; Scully looks positively shellshocked. But, mademoiselle, didn't you enjoy the cabaret?

Despite myself I smile. Round one to me.

And now round two begins...

The End

xx

katherinef@softhome.net

Feedback: beats Prozac any day. katherinef@softhome.net
Disclaimer: We don' need no steenkin' deesclaimer...
Spoilers: A few very minor ones. Ignore them and they'll go away.
Summary: A rendezvous in a nightclub: business, pleasure, or both? Krycek's POV.
Notes: Companion piece to "Slow Dance 1: Mulder" and "Slow Dance 2: Scully". Inspired by "Devil's Cup" by J.C. Sun. Song lyrics from "Filmstar" by Suede.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]