Go to notes and disclaimers


Sunflower Seeds VI
by Jami Wilsen


Cabin Fever

A white Malamute-Siberian Husky cross, Aurora was pregnant and lying on her side on the clean straw in the kennel. Alex was sitting next to her, running his hand through her fur, soothing her and enjoying the fluffy velvet of her ears as she basked in his attention. He'd grown very fond of all the dogs; he helped Walter walk them, feed them and take care of them. It was difficult though, waiting for the days to get longer and warmer. The dogs were suffering from being cooped up too long. If their attention span had been shorter, like the chickens, it wouldn't be so bad but the poor things were antsy and rowdy, needing someone to play with them. Alex was quite willing to do so. He was adjusting quite well to living here with nothing required of him but to recover from years of being on the run and his previous involvement in global conspiracies. Trauma and nightmares, dreams of running the world and keeping it from the grasp of alien talons, and the background wish that somehow, someday, he might obtain the respect and even the affection of men he'd admired. Well, one out of three wasn't bad and the nightmares were even beginning to grow tedious and predictable rather than shocking and horrifying.

Still, the boredom was beginning to take its toll on his spirits and, like the dogs, inaction did not suit Alex well. Day after day, Mulder sat with his eyes fixated on the computer screen of his souped-up laptop, engaged with God-knows-what. He said he was writing but more often than not, glimpses over his shoulder revealed scans of old Defense Department documents and ancient inter-departmental memos from Naval Intelligence and the NSA. Walter spent long hours out in the woodshed making things, fixing things and generally pottering about the house with, as far as Alex could tell, little renovations and maintenance. He was making the lodge more of a home. Which was just fine, of course, except that everyone had something to do except Alex.

Alex sighed, carding his fingers through the white silky fur on Aurora's bulging underside. She was getting close; soon, they'd have a litter of puppies to take care of. Alex needed a project. This could be the one he'd been waiting for to present itself. Still, being a glorified dog-sitter and puppy-nurse was not exactly what he'd had in mind.

The weather was unpredictable and nasty enough to warrant staying inside for days on end, and he was starting to go stir crazy from the enforced inactivity. He didn't want a toy, or pets—he wanted something meaningful, something he felt he could contribute towards and where he could see his efforts would be useful.

He sifted through the events of the last month, recalling their tender exchange of belated Christmas gifts. Their celebration of the holiday had been delayed, but the greatest gift of all had been the three of them returning to live together in this wilderness retreat.

Alex had been unable to suppress a deep surge of love for them that day, realizing he couldn't bring himself to leave them again. For the first time since his childhood, he'd felt that he truly had a home, and that the word 'home' meant something more than just a roof over his head.

It wasn't in the ritual of exchange or the words they spoke; it had all been in the warmth of the smiles and obvious affection. Friends. Family. Home.

At a noise from the doorway, Alex looked up. Mulder was there, grinning at the picture of Alex with the pregnant Aurora. "You really love her, don't you?"

Alex fondly patted her head and climbed to his feet. "She's a beauty. She's getting close. It won't be long now." He regarded Mulder. "What is it? Were you looking for me?"

"Always." Mulder grinned at him. "Just wondering where you were, that's all."

"It's a dog-day afternoon," declared Alex, cryptically. "Where's Walt?"

Mulder shrugged. "The usual. He's in his workshop. Wait," he said, putting a hand on Alex's shoulder and pinning him with one of those curious gazes, the one that peered into the 'how' and 'why' of him, and scrutinizing for all the details in-between. "'Dog-day afternoon'?"

Alex grimaced. "The days are starting to run into one another and I'm stuck inside because of the weather."

Mulder stepped closer, a more leering smirk coming over his face. "Bored, huh? I can think of a few things to pass the time."

Alex didn't get a chance to say anything because Mulder was suddenly clasping him firmly in a full-length body press and had seized Alex's mouth in a fervent kiss.

Alex waited until they had to catch their breath and then stepped back with a chuckle. "Fox, much as the thought of spending every day in bed with you appeals to me, that's not what I had in mind."

"I wasn't thinking of bed." Mulder quirked a brow at him. "Why, you bad boy, Alex. How could you even consider thinking of anything besides sex? Maybe Walt was onto something when he threatened to chain you to the foot of the bed upstairs."

Alex gave him a wry smile. "Funny. I just mean that I... Look, you've got your writing, Walter has his house. I haven't got anything. I've gone from living in a state of intense pressure just trying to stay alive to an endless stream of days spent doing nothing at all. I'm not saying that fucking ourselves into a stupor every day isn't fun. I'd just like something of my own, that's all."

But Mulder wasn't able to concentrate on what Alex was saying. He was far too distracted by seeing Alex in the kennel and the thick, newly strewn straw was appealing, beckoning... Mulder leered at him again. "Maybe we've been limiting ourselves by keeping it confined to the bedroom?" And he possessed Alex's lips again.

This time, Alex decided to give as good as he got and Mulder abruptly found himself on his back in the straw with Alex on top of him, grinning at him. There was something so thrilling in taking charge of Mulder...

Things would have grown more interesting if Aurora hadn't chosen that moment to cover Mulder's face with her wet, slobbery pink tongue.

Walter came inside the house to find Mulder washing his face in the kitchen sink. "What happened to you?"

"The dog licked me," Mulder groused. "Everywhere. Halitosis. We've got to do something about Mrs Dog-Breath in there."

Walter smiled. "Cute. And your face was near enough for her to lick because...?"

"Aurora's nearing her time," Alex said, behind him.

Walter turned. "Well, I'd give her another week."

Alex sighed.

Walter heard this and looked at him, slightly puzzled. "What?"

"He's bored," explained Mulder, drying his face with a towel.

Walter frowned. He took in Alex's slight scowl. "Let's have lunch."

Mulder raised a brow. "It's nearly four."

"Okay, okay. Teatime," Walter groused. "Whatever. We missed lunch in any case. I'm hungry and your stomach is talking." Turning to the fridge he got out cheese, a pot of stew that he'd put in the night before and several beers.

Mulder placed a box of crackers on the kitchen table. "Mustn't forget these." He began to put out bowls and spoons, too.

Alex stood with his arms folded before him, resolutely, in silence.

Putting the stew on the stove to heat up and retrieving the bottle opener from the drawer, Walter sat down at the table and opened three beers. "Sit down," he said. "Let's thrash this out."

Alex groaned. "There's nothing to talk about. It's not like we've got an objective problem here."

"Sit," Walter repeated, urging him to join him and Mulder.

"Stay," added Mulder, entirely deadpan.

This was the final straw. "Yeah, fetch and roll over, too. I knew it. I am the houseboy, here. What, are you gonna fuck me on the kitchen table next, Fox?" Alex turned on his heel with contemptuous disgust and left the room.

"What? What did I -?" Mulder was bewildered. He threw a fearful glance at Walter. "Did I hurt his feelings or something?"

Walter shook his head. "Cabin fever. We had it last winter. Remember? He's been cooped up too long. He's not used to it."

"Well, cuddling always works for me," grumbled Mulder, wondering why anyone would pass up the opportunity for extra physical attention and affection. "And besides, we haven't done it on the kitchen table yet. It might be fun."

Walter chuckled at him, taking a swig from his bottle. "Yeah. Well, I think we made a tactical error in assuming he would be the same. He's not you, Fox. He's not used to living with other people. Actually, I'm surprised he's lasted this long."

"So what do we do? Find him a hobby?"

"How should I know?" Walter shrugged. "But I guess you should go talk to him about it and find a solution."

"Why me?" Mulder's response was dry.

Walter gave him a knowing look. "Prove to him that you don't always think with your dick where he's concerned. If he sees that you're listening to him and trying to help rather than just kissing him to keep him quiet, he'll take you seriously."

Mulder sighed and got up, slowly dragging himself out of the kitchen with inaudible mutterings that sounded suspiciously like, "Why do I always have to conduct therapy sessions with Consortium hoods?"

Walter shook his head briefly and returned to stir the stew on the burner. That was hardly fair, considering that Alex had been so much more than just a thug in the employ of the Syndicate. Walter just hoped Mulder wouldn't bait Alex this time. They'd been doing so well up until now.

Mulder sulked as he went upstairs. But he knew that he was being absurd under the circumstances. He went to Alex's room and knocked on the door. It was whipped open almost immediately. Mulder took a step back in surprise.

Alex stood there, inscrutable. "What?" he demanded, obviously cautious of any attempt on Mulder's part to placate him with cuddles.

"I was only poking fun at Walt. I wasn't trying to say that we think of you as our—our dog," started Mulder.

Alex sighed, impatiently. "Yeah, alright. So what?"

Mulder stopped. "Can I come in?"

A little smirk lifted the corner of Alex's mouth. "No, you can't. I know what will happen, see, and frankly I don't find it very productive."

"I won't touch you. I swear. Not a hair on your head," Mulder assured him, spreading his hands before him in a gesture meant to convey goodwill and a lack of lascivious intent.

Alex leaned against the door and moaned.

"Fine, okay, okay!" He sauntered back to his bed and sank down on it. "But get to the point already."

Mulder folded his arms before him, mostly in an attempt to keep his hands to himself. The sight of Alex flopping himself on the side of the bed and sulking made him want to—

Clearing his throat, Mulder said, "I've been thinking about what you said to me, earlier, about needing something to do."

"Yeah?" Alex gave him a wary look.

"You had access to all the darkest, deepest, best-kept secret projects. You must have seen all the files, the information on their genetic experiments, cloning programs—Alex, even if you didn't study it in detail, you probably have more awareness, more knowledge, of what was going on that anyone else alive today, barring someone who was actually working on the stuff, of course. But even so, you saw all of it, not just a single project or two. You could—"

"Yeah, and they were fucking nightmares, Mulder. I came here to try to forget that shit—and here you are, suggesting that I relive it. There's no way I'm going to reopen that can of worms. I'm through with it. All of it."

Stiffly, Mulder said, "That's a rather cynical attitude to take, isn't it?"

"I'd prefer realistic, thank you very much."

Mulder sighed. "All I'm saying is that you could finally learn to deal with it this way, take it from the realm of nightmares and make it something your subconscious can help you process by accepting the reality of your experiences. Work with it instead of against it."

"By writing about it," Alex began, and then the realization dawned in his mind. Mulder was cagey about his writing. To this day, Alex still didn't know what Mulder was writing and had actually not wanted to know. Now he knew why his initial instinct was to leave it alone. It had been out of character actually, that he'd found himself not snooping into Mulder's files or nosing around his desk. They were both of them far too involved in negative situations in the past for whatever Mulder was writing to appeal to Alex, especially given his feelings about the past right now.

"That's... what you're doing, isn't it?"

Mulder fidgeted, trying to keep himself from going to sit beside Alex and pull him into his arms. "It works for me."

Alex didn't reply. He had an expression that conveyed he felt like he'd inadvertently quashed Mulder. "I'm not saying that what you're doing isn't helpful—for you. But I don't want to. It's still too raw. I don't want to get into comparing nightmares with you, but I saw a lot of really evil things, things that are going to stay with me until the day I die. Writing about it isn't the cure for me. I need to live. Replace the horror with some good memories for a change."

Mulder was nibbling on his lower lip and had that trademark, intense, glazed dreamy stare of his on his face. "But you have the information, the details."

"Believe me, I wish I didn't."

"So give it to me, and let me write about it. C'mon, Alex. It'll substantiate what I'm saying and augment my theories with hard facts and information, data I've needed to complete my work! It's perfect! You can unburden yourself, give it all to me. After all, both of us understand it. We share a contextual paradigm. And I'll do something constructive with it. You don't have to relive it; it won't be like regression. Just tell me what you know, stick to the hard facts, the data."

Mulder looked so happy, so enthusiastic, Alex hated to say it. "But I don't want to think about it, Mulder!"

Mulder waved a finger at him. "Bad. Deliberate suppression—you'll just end up dreaming about it anyway. Believe me, I know. Look, all you have to do is talk. Just talk to me; I'll take notes. You don't have to relive it in bloody, horrific detail, just give me what you consciously remember and don't let yourself meander over the bad times. Keep it factual; as if you were giving me a report." Mulder was beaming at him.

"Sounds like you've thought of the perfect solution," Alex commented, unresponsively.

"It helps you and it helps me," Mulder pointed out.

Alex looked dubious but Mulder could see he was mulling it over and sure enough, Alex finally broke down. "Okay. I guess it's a plan."

Mulder grinned at him. "Shall we go back downstairs, then, and give Walt the happy news?"

"Sure, whatever," Alex said, grumpily. But Mulder could tell that Alex was feeling a little better about his position here in their home. As Alex passed by him on his way out the door, Mulder caught him by the elbow and planted a warm kiss on his cheek, then another on his neck. Alex looked up and met Mulder's eyes, which were filled with a question.

Reaching up his hand in a quick movement, Alex deftly caught Mulder by the back of the head and pulled him into a possessive, lingering kiss. Abruptly letting go of him with a grin, Alex left him standing there. It had shades of that first kiss so many years before, the one that had caused such a stir in Mulder's sublimated, impulsive subconscious previously, before the War had ended.

Damn it, thought Mulder to himself, why does he always do that to me? Ignoring the happy, frustrating twitch of his cock, Mulder sighed and resigned himself to having to recover from yet another stiffening encounter with Alex today that was doomed to remain unfulfilled.

Life is unfair, Mulder mused philosophically, silently following Alex downstairs to rejoin Walter in the kitchen.

Walter looked up from the last of his bowl of stew as they came in and sat back down. He motioned with his spoon. "Eat up. It'll get cold."

Alex said nonchalantly, "I'm Mulder's research assistant now."

Walter lifted a brow at him. "Really? In what capacity? I mean, how? What will you be doing?"

"It means that he'll bring me coffee and do my laundry for me while I work on my book," Mulder quipped.

Alex shot him a hard look. "Blowjobs are extra though."

Mulder lost his flippancy at this and actually squirmed in his seat, involuntarily. Walter began chuckling.

"Damn it, it's not funny," Mulder grumbled. "You're both cockteases and you're proud of it."

Alex regarded him, astonished. "Since when have we ever left you wanting?! Every night you have your slightest whims fulfilled by yours truly."

Walter gave him a hard look. "Fox, you are the instigator of every morning shower, every evening's entertainment, every afternoon naptime and all the little blowjobs throughout the day. The truth is that you are a nympho."

"And a slut," added Alex.

"And you love me that way." Mulder grinned, despite the fact that his face had gone hot. "Great soup, Walt," he said, quietly.

"Watch it," Walter said, gruffly. "It's stew, not soup."

But Mulder's mind had already left, gone off on a tangent now that Alex's knowledge and expertise was soon to be added to his own.

They saw the distant gaze on his face and exchanged a groan.

"I'll do the dishes," Alex said, trying to find a way to delay the inevitable.

Walter shook his head. "Go ahead and get started. You both have a lot to do, I think."

After they'd finished eating, Mulder led Alex over to his desk and sat him down in front of the laptop. He pulled down the files that he had composed, all the chapters of his outline based on the information he'd had access to before, and the final conclusions he had come to regarding the War, the Syndicate and the projects, the aliens and the oiliens, and the final outcomes towards the end.

Mulder went to sit in the couch while Alex read. Nibbling on sunflower seeds while he waited, he watched Alex's face while Alex scrolled down the pages.

At first Alex cleared his throat occasionally. Then he began to cough intermittently. And as Mulder suspiciously regarded him, Alex chanced to flick his gaze over at Mulder where he reclined on the couch and it was too much. Alex burst out laughing.

To his credit, Alex tried to contain himself, but as he continued to read, it just got funnier and finally he had to push back from the desk, overcome with laughter.

Mulder stared at him. "What is it?"

With a broad grin on his face that he couldn't wipe away, Alex managed, "Well, Foxy, I don't quite know how to tell you this, but..." His voice died away. And he started laughing again.

Mulder was starting to feel like a fool. He grew angry. "Just what is so damned funny?"

Alex was shaking his head. He stopped laughing, cleared his throat a few times. "Mulder," he said, and sighed. Then chuckled and started again. "Mulder, you've got very interesting conclusions, but you really don't have the right answers. I can see we've got our work cut out for us." And he grinned again, a resurgence of stifled laughter threatening to overwhelm him again.

Mulder sat and folded his arms across his chest, fuming. "Well, isn't it lucky for me then that you happen to be here?"

Nodding vigorously, Alex said, "I'll say. None too soon, too. Thank God I got involved before you spent much longer on the same track, going down the wrong road." He looked over, taking in Mulder's embarrassed and angry expression. "Don't worry, it's not that bad. I'm not laughing at you, Foxy. Just, give me a few hours here, and I'll give you what you need to know to fix this up and have it resembling something a little closer to the reality. There are some things you need to know."

Rolling his eyes, Mulder muttered, "After all these years, finally. You realize that's precisely what I was trying to get you to do all this time? Waiting for you to give me the truth?"

Alex pursed his lips, shaking his head slightly as he continued to scroll and skim over what Mulder had so far. "I would have endangered you if I'd told you before now," he said, absently.

But soon the seriousness of their subject overtook them and Alex found himself actually happy to be relieving himself of the burden of what he'd carried in his head throughout the years past, especially to someone as enthusiastic and comprehending as Mulder.

Walter looked in on them later on. "Dinner's nearly ready," he said. The two looked up at him as he came in the room.

He had to smile. They looked like two conspiring teenagers, wide-eyed and intense. Walter went to stand over them, peering at the screen from behind them. They quickly minimized the files. Mulder said, "Don't look yet, Walt. We're not ready to show you yet."

Dryly, he asked, "So you two can work together after all, eh?"

Alex's lips twitched. "Seems that way."

"Yeah, who would've thought it?" Mulder said, slightly self-mocking.

Dinner was strained because both Mulder and Alex kept distractedly catching each other's eyes and murmuring odd phrases back and forth. Walter found it began to get on his nerves. But he didn't want to interfere with this newfound rapport they seemed to have forged. God knew it had taken long enough to get them to this point. No, he needed to let them work it out. Meanwhile, it seemed like he was going to have plenty of spare time on his hands. Alone time.

They disappeared soon afterwards, with promises of doing the dishes later. Walter went out to his little shed, his workshop, to work on the new set of bookshelves he was making for the living room. Alex's collection of books required more shelf space than they currently had.

In the living room, Alex was scribbling notes on a pad of paper as he scrolled through the final chapter of Mulder's outline.

Sitting beside him, with his knee pressing into Alex's, Mulder was smiling fatuously at him.

Alex gave him a suspicious glance. "What is it?"

"How can I repay you for helping me with my book?"

Alex shrugged. "Didn't really think of it like that, you know. This gives me something to do. And like you said, this helps me just as much as it helps you."

Mulder was smiling at him. "Oh, come on. Don't be a spoilsport. Let me pay you back somehow."

Alex raised a brow at him. "What did you have in mind?"

Mulder got up, turned and slipped to his knees before Alex, placing his hands on either of Alex's thighs.

Mulder was grinning up at him. "You know I love to use my mouth on you. Besides, I have an oral fixation. And right now, it's fixated on you." Mulder ran his hands down the insides of Alex's legs and began to push his knees apart.

Alex sucked in a breath. "Mulder, this is just like you. The moment we start to talk about aliens or conspiracies, you get turned on. It's a miracle you ever got anything written at all. This stuff must be like porn for you."

"Actually, having you here is porn for me," Mulder said quite honestly, as he began to unbutton Alex's jeans and pulled free Alex's semi-erect cock.

In a strained voice, Alex said, "I've noticed."

Mulder licked along his length, repeating the action and causing Alex to go slowly rigid. Chuckling wickedly, Mulder said, "Waste not, want not. I guess I better take care of this, now that I've got you in this state."

A groan was his only answer, as Alex slid down slightly in his seat, giving Mulder more access, and room to move.

Mulder leaned down once more, this time to mouth Alex's balls, first one and then the other. The soft silken tongue and hot breath was driving Alex crazy. Alex was so hard he ached. It never paled for Alex, this act. Alex supposed it was because Mulder seemed to throw everything into it, wholeheartedly. Mulder so obviously enjoyed it that seeing the look of pleasure on Mulder's face made the experience even more delicious for Alex. Somehow, it was more than just a blowjob, because for Mulder it was an act of hunger and worship, and for Alex it was always a physical culmination of long-held desire that had been years in the growing.

"Why—why do you like doing this so much?" Alex gasped, as Mulder's soft, plush lips enfolded him in a wet, slick heat that made him nearly regret having asked.

Mulder lifted his head and gave him a predatory smile. "Because you give it up so sweetly." And he sucked Alex back into his mouth in one smooth stroke, causing Alex to gasp for air and swiftly move his right hand to clutch at Mulder's head.

Mulder was enthusiastically pulling and kneading while simultaneously thrashing at the head of Alex's cock with his tongue. With one hand cupping Alex's balls and the other between Alex's legs, long fingers teasing his perineum, Alex didn't stand a chance of lasting very long. The full assault had Alex finally emitting a low keening wail and then Mulder found himself rewarded with a series of jets of cream as Alex helplessly bucked against him.

Wasted and wrecked, Alex leaned his head back with a sigh. Catching his breath and letting the little glowing sparks of pleasure in his body melt away, he ran his fingers through Mulder's hair as Mulder gave a few lingering and loving licks upon his softening member. "Fox," Alex said in a hushed voice that seemed to coil intimately around Mulder's own cock, "I'll return the favor, but not until we've got some actual work done. Okay?"

Ruefully, Mulder looked up at him from where he still knelt. "I guess I should have known. How about a deal? A blowjob for every five pages I manage. How's that?"

"Ten," Alex grinned, pulling his jeans back up.

Mulder scowled and got to his feet, clambering back up to his seat to sit beside Alex once more. And found himself being hugged fiercely, and kissed on the cheek.

"I always knew we'd make a good team," Alex whispered. "Now that I know what I was missing, I really wish I could've been your partner all those years."

Mulder shook his head. "It's a good thing we weren't, you know. We never would have got anything done." He swallowed and tried to ignore the stiffness and tightness of his confined cock, trapped as it was and neglected. He wondered how long he would have to suffer before Alex would relent.

Walter continued to slave away on the shelves. He enjoyed working with wood. And the motions were therapeutic. The feel of the wood under his hands felt good. But in a quiet corner of his unoccupied mind, he found himself wondering why he suddenly felt like he was the one on the outside, now that Mulder and Alex were finally working together. He realized that they'd spent many years to get to this point and that it was a healthy step in their relationship. But now that it had happened, he found himself regretting it. He wasn't really needed anymore, was he? Not with the two of them on the same page, having worked out their differences and cooperating for a change. He sighed to himself. He couldn't allow his own personal selfishness to get in the way of their healing process.

He threw himself into building the shelves with renewed concentration. The time was passing and he felt outside of it, removed from the world. It was very late by the time he decided to finally quit and go back inside to bed.

He fully expected them to still be engaged with their work, but the living room was dark. Frowning slightly, he went upstairs. Everything was dark and quiet. Hell, they had probably gotten so involved they'd exhausted themselves. It was way past midnight, after all. He ambled into the bathroom and took a leisurely shower. When he was done, with his towel wrapped around his hips, he walked back along the hall to the bedroom, noticing that the night was very, very still. It was almost too quiet.

As he opened the bedroom door, he let out a muffled exclamation of surprise as a blanket was hurled over him and he was rushed by two strong men in the dark.

Borne to the bed and not really knowing how much he ought to be resisting, Walter let them fumble about in the darkness. He found himself held down with someone heavy on his legs while deft hands finished fastening his wrists with the leather cuffs that they'd installed on either side of the head of the bed a week before.

Realization dawned. "Uh, guys? What is this?"

The bedside lamp turned on and there stood Alex, smirking down at him with a pleased expression at their handiwork.

Mulder was still seated on his legs. Mulder was also smiling at him. The smile broadened when Alex ordered Mulder, "Take off his towel."

Walter found his towel drawn away from him, exposing him.

Neither of them had shown this kind of initiative before. But something was growing clearer. "Let me guess. You thought I was feeling left out so you've decided to make it up to me."

With a glint in his eyes, Alex regarded Walter, his lips shiny and that damnably sexy smirk still curling his mouth. "Something like that."

The way Alex spoke and with his take-charge attitude, and Mulder assisting him, sent a frisson of anticipation along Walter's spine. Besides, these two had devious imaginations.

He licked his lips. "So what's on the agenda?"

"You are," chuckled Mulder, sitting up slightly to toss the towel to the far corner of the room.

Alex's gaze came to rest on Mulder.

"Mulder, take off your clothes."

Walter sucked in his breath, not only at the way that Mulder slowly began to obey, but also at the tone of Alex's voice. This was good. It was too good. He just prayed they'd keep it up to the end.

Mulder began slowly removing his shirt, remaining where he was, holding Walter's gaze.

Alex waited until Mulder had finished taking everything off, then leaned down and said lowly in Walter's ear, "He's... magnificent, isn't he?"

Walter got the impression that it didn't really matter if he agreed or not but he nodded anyway. So did his cock, rising a little and lifting its head.

Alex saw this and smiled. He leaned closer, letting his breath tickle Walter's ear. "Nice. But I can tell that you aren't taking this seriously. We should raise the stakes, don't you think?" He straightened, and said curtly, "Mulder, use your mouth on him. Like you did to me, earlier."

With a happy sigh, Mulder leaned down, scooting back a little and with his hands on Walter's hips to steady himself, began to lave Walter's cock with his tongue. Soon, his cock was straining reddish-purple and desperate for Mulder's tongue to do something other than tease him. But Mulder merely followed some pre-arranged plan and moved downwards with his active tongue.

Walter held his breath. With Mulder nuzzling against his balls and Alex hovering over him with that self-satisfied and commanding expression, he knew he wasn't going to last very long.

But just as it got really good, and he thought Mulder might bring him off, Mulder raised his head to Alex with a questioning glance. Alex nodded.

Mulder slipped something down over Walter's cock. Walter groaned as he realized what they were doing. "You don't need to go through the motions," he pointed out.

"Sorry, big guy," Alex said. "I'm afraid it's quite necessary just now. You don't seem convinced that this is just for you."

Walter wrinkled his forehead. "Sure I am."

Alex shook his head slowly. Leaning down once more to speak quietly, into Walter's ear once more, he said, "I don't hear you asking for it. You're not quite there yet, are you?"

A little shiver of misgiving went through Walter at this. "I see," he commented sardonically, "It's to be torture. Give me all the attention I can stand but not enough to bring me off, is that it? Hell, you're a couple of amateurs. This is a picnic compared to what I've endured in the past."

Alex grinned. "If you're referring to previous experiences, Walt, I can assure you that I do know what I'm doing. Subtlety is a lot more effective than brute force. As I'm sure you are already well-aware." He took up something from beside the lamp and tossed it to Mulder. "Here. Spread this on him."

Lube. Right. Walter wondered just what exactly Alex had in mind. Mulder's gentle smile and loving, knowing hands began to spread the lube all over Walter's thickened, rigid length, all the way down to the base of the cockring where it held him prisoner.

Alex began to absently run his hands over Walter's chest, toying with the crisp curls there and flicking against the nipples. "Admit it, Walt. You were feeling sorry for yourself out there, weren't you? You thought we'd forgotten all about you."

Alex lifted his eyes to Mulder and casually said, "Go on. Mount him."

Walter couldn't help asking, "Fox, what has he promised you if you go along with this?" He had never seen Mulder exercise such restraint before, and after all, Mulder had to be dying to come himself after the day's intermittent encounters with Alex. Alex seemed to be able to play Mulder's sluttish desperation without even trying. Walter had come to regard Alex with some gratitude, for he'd often found himself overwhelmed with trying to keep up with Mulder's pent-up expressions of lust that had remained so suppressed for so many years.

Alex leaned down and kissed Walter, silencing him. Warm lips and no tongue, and just enough pressure to remind him that whether it was a game or not, it didn't really matter.

But it was Mulder's tight ass sliding down around his length over and over that got his attention. Walter couldn't hold back his groan, causing an accompanying chuckle from Mulder and a genuine grin from Alex.

Finally, he gasped out, "Enough, please, guys. I get the point!"

They ignored him, both of them acting as if he hadn't said anything. In fact, Mulder behaved as though it was a cue for him to start clenching hard and then bucking upwards only to repeat it again, thrusting Walter's stiff, aching erection into his own ass with more flair.

And Alex's hand was busy pulling Walter's nipples into diamond points while teasing his mouth, never quite letting Walter have a full kiss again.

Walter's balls were starting to hurt and he begged, his voice startlingly pleading in his own ears, "Please, please, it's too much..."

Alex pulled back and regarded him, then came to sit beside him on the bed, taking up a position adjacent to where Mulder was sitting astride Walter. He glanced over at Mulder. "Okay, take it off him."

Walter was shaking as Mulder withdrew and deftly plucked the offensive ring off of his eager, pulsing shaft, only to sit on him again.

"Slowly—careful," warned Alex.

Indeed, Walter was sure he would come any moment, he couldn't hold back now that there was no longer any restraint holding his climax back from that tight ass riding him.

"Now, Fox—ride him. Hard."

The command in Alex's voice was almost enough to bring Walter off all by itself, not just the words but the tone. And he cried out as Alex's hand gripped his chin and pulled his face towards him to kiss him hard, possessively.

Mulder arched his back and his face was ravaged with a tight expression, his eyes clenched shut as he started to come, impaled on Walter's cock. Alex reached down to grab Mulder's jerking cock and pulled on it a few times, making Mulder shriek.

The sensation of Mulder coming, and the build-up of the whole scenario was finally too much and Walter came hard, shooting hotly and almost painfully into Mulder's ass with a shout that left his throat strained.

And then his world faded into simple pleasure; he was barely aware of Alex's mouth on his again. He was momentarily released and then Mulder was kissing him.

His wrists were uncuffed and Mulder disappeared briefly, reappearing with a towel to clean them up.

Walter was grinning, a big foolish grin all over his face. "Thanks," he said, fervently. "That was... different."

Alex tutted at him and shook his head. "That was a beginning. Tame, really."

Mulder lifted his brows at them. "This is one time I don't mind saying that I'm a bottom-hog."

Walter growled at him, "Fox, you are a nympho slut and you're forgetting that Alex didn't even come."

Mulder glanced over at Alex. "You didn't, did you? Need a hand?" He grinned.

Alex flinched slightly. "To be honest, I still don't relish the idea of... restraints. Not for myself, anyway. Give me some time, I'm sure I'll get used to it."

Mulder was sympathetic. "I didn't mean it that way, Alex."

Walter was turning to the lamp to switch it off. "Come on, get into bed, you two."

As they snuggled in close in the dark under the covers, Mulder heaved a contended sigh. Walter pulled him close and kissed him on the head. Then he turned to Alex and kissed him likewise. Getting up to slide over Alex and leave him in the middle of the large bed, Walter said, "Your turn, Alex. Mulder? If you would do the honors?"

Dryly, Mulder said, "You'll have to give me a few minutes."

Alex promptly scooted back a few inches until the globes of his asscheeks were pressing into Mulder's crotch. Moving his backside against Mulder slightly, he said, "How's that for incentive?" Which of course made Mulder inhale sharply, his cock stirring slightly despite its recent workout.

Walter moved in close again, taking Alex in his arms and pressing him back further into Mulder. "Love taking care of you like this," Walter whispered, before kissing Alex's lips carefully, unhurriedly.

Mulder mouthed the back of Alex's neck, making Alex shiver between them. Walter's left hand was gently working at Alex's nipples while his right hand went exploring down the soft skin of his belly, down to the dark hair and nestled length that was still so hard and unsatisfied.

It wasn't so much excitement that made Alex come when he was between them. Experience had taught both Mulder and Walter well. It was the intimacy, the loving and closeness, the warmth in their big bed that made him happy here with them. Being enjoyed between them. It wasn't just Walter's hand working Alex's hard cock, nor the ready length of Mulder's prick sliding between Alex's asscheeks and deep into his body.

It was hardly a task for either of them; the act of sharing Alex was always something that somehow created a unified experience. And here once again, they quietly affirmed the sense of belonging together by bringing Alex to orgasm in their arms, driving him slowly mad with the knowledge that he was wanted, desired—claimed.

They fell asleep in each other's arms. Walter kissed the two dark heads and then lay back with a contended sigh. As he drifted off, he thought how strange it was that after all the years and events that had transpired, they should find themselves here at last together, in this quiet place. Their home.

And unknown to any of them, outside in the night a new cluster of snowdrops began to climb their way up through the snow outside in the yard behind the house, venturing forth with brave green shoots to herald the coming of Spring.

Finis

xx

Jamiwilsen@hotmail.com

TITLE: Sunflower Seeds 6: Cabin Fever
ARCHIVE: RatB, Persuaders, Down In The Basement
FEEDBACK: Jamiwilsen@hotmail.com
DISCLAIMER: CC, please sue me. Please. It would be such great publicity for slash! [g]
PAIRING: Sk/M/K
SEQUEL/CONTINUATION: yes, 6th and final chapter.
RATING: NC-17—language, slashy m/m sex
WARNING: This one contains bondage! YAY!
SUMMARY: Towards the end of a long winter, the days are gray and tempers start to fray. Cabin fever ensues; but with the application of a little imagination and lube, heat is not destructive.
BETAS: Many, many grateful thanks to Candace, Lorelei and Jennie!
NOTE: Apologies to everyone who have been hanging on for so long, for this final chapter. Thank you for your patience! I'm sorry...::sniff:: Forgive me?

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]