Go to notes and disclaimers


Things Are Looking Up
by Isayeva


As the door shut behind Krycek, Mulder's brow furrowed into an expression of confusion. What the fuck was going on? He could explain the kiss as a symbolic gesture, a Judas kiss, but he couldn't explain the pain in the younger man's eyes when he had called him a liar and a murderer. Couldn't explain the softness of Krycek's gaze as he called him 'friend'. Couldn't explain the theatrical gesture with which Krycek had relinquished the gun, the way he had walked slowly to the door, expecting a shot that never came. But most of all, he couldn't explain why he hadn't shot the rat bastard.

Mulder finally came to a decision. There was only one way he could get an answer, and that was by confronting Alex Krycek.

At this time of night, the streets were nearly empty, and it was easy to track Alex's progress as he walked slowly through the city. If his head was clearer, perhaps the Consortium operative would have thought of that, but all he could think of was the feel of soft, warm skin beneath his lips. He didn't hear the footsteps behind him, didn't hear the door catch as he entered his apartment building. He didn't look up as someone joined him in the elevator; but trained senses, however dulled by black despair, soon noticed the faint masculine scent of his companion. Musky, with a hint of coffee, and tinged with something indefinably...Mulder.

Mulder watched as his ex-partner slowly looked up. Saw calm acceptance along with the pain in those amazing eyes. He had to strain to hear Krycek's voice, raw with unshed tears. He sounded weary, as if life had suddenly become too much of an effort. "Go ahead, Mulder. Kill me. I don't know why you didn't before, but please, just shoot me."

He shut his eyes, and let the tension ease from his body, wanting it to end. He opened his eyes again when he felt warm, sweet breath against his face. Mulder's face was only inches away from his own. "Why do you want me to kill you, Alex?"

Krycek sighed, too tired to even think of an acceptable lie. "Because I'm tired of being a pawn in their infernal game of chess. And I want you to pull that trigger because it's exactly what I deserve." Mulder smiled, glad, in a strange way that he had found someone who wished for death as much as he sometimes did. The easy way out.

He ran his fingertips over the line of Krycek's jaw, deciding that it was one of the few times when he could maybe afford to make his feelings clear. "I don't want to kill you. I can think of a few things I'd like to do to you, but none involve killing you." He smiled his most seductive smile. "Most involve some kind of flat surface, and a few involve chocolate sauce with maybe a little whipped cream."

He leant slowly forward and ran his tongue along the curve of Krycek's throat, tasting salt sweat on the heat of the younger man's skin. Settling his teeth at the base of Krycek's neck, Mulder bit gently at the soft skin, Alex's moan of shocked pleasure sending warm currents of arousal flowing to his groin.

Before Mulder had the chance to work his way up to Krycek's mouth, the elevator doors opened, revealing a small, wrinkled elderly lady, who recognized Krycek and grinned wickedly. "Alexei Krycek, it's about time. I was wondering what you found quite so appealing about your celibate lifestyle, but it would appear things are looking up."

She stepped into the elevator and watched, slightly amused as Krycek shuffled out, dragging Mulder behind him. She introduced herself to Mulder. "I'm Mrs. Stavin. I live in the apartment next to Alexei." Another wicked grin. "But don't worry, dear. I won't hear a thing. Deaf as a post, me." She pushed a button, and the lift doors began to close. She waved cheerfully at the couple. "Goodnight boys. Have fun."

After she had disappeared from view, Mulder found himself staring at his ex-partner, who was studiously inspecting his feet. "Alex Krycek; assassin, triple-agent and all round scumbag. What's she, your community outreach programme?"

More to follow...maybe.

xx

"Why do you have such a big problem with me being friendly with my neighbours?"

Mulder sighed in exasperation. "I'm sorry, but Alex, you're an assassin! I just don't see you being neighbourly to an old age pensioner! I mean, for Christ's sake, you're going to tell me that she has you over for Sunday lunch in a minute!"

Krycek answered a little too quickly. "She does not."

Mulder started giggling uncontrollably until Krycek pushed him against the wall and began kissing him with brutal intensity. He teased the older man's mouth open and forced his tongue inside, not releasing him until they were both gasping for air.

"Sorry. I couldn't think of another way to shut you up."

Mulder shook his head, breathing hard. "No, don't apologise, don't apologise. That's quite alright." He gathered the lapels of Krycek's leather jacket and lifted the man slightly, shaking him in time to his words. "Just get us inside your apartment so I can fuck you 'til you scream." He placed him back on the ground, waiting as Krycek stared at him, then began frantically searching for his keys. He followed the triple-agent down the hall to apartment 66, where Krycek dragged the keys from his pocket.

Mulder pressed his body against Krycek's, letting the younger man feel his hardness between his ass cheeks. Krycek dropped the keys.

"Got a problem?"

Krycek picked the keys up and began unlocking the door, his hands shaking slightly. "Nope. No problem." He pushed the door open, dragged Mulder inside, and slammed it behind him. He switched the lights on and dumped his jacket on a chair in the living room area. Grabbing Mulder by the tie, he led him into the bedroom.

"Don't I get the tour?"

Krycek sat down on the ornate oak bed. "No. You get to undress, though."

Mulder shrugged. "Fair enough." He removed his clothing slowly, but without ceremony. Coat, suit jacket, tasteless tie, shirt, undershirt, shoes, pants...Krycek was laughing. Mulder hesitated.

"What is it?"

Krycek sniffed mirthfully. "No, you're doing fine. But, Mulder..." he pointed. "Golden rule; take the socks off first, or your partner will always remember you as a man who made him laugh." He collapsed into giggles as Muler tried to remove his socks with dignity.

The briefs soon followed, and Krycek's appraising gaze fell upon a deliciously naked Mulder. He licked his lips in anticipation. He toed off boots and socks, then pulled his t-shirt off, dropping it to join Mulder's clothes on the floor. "Fuck me."

Mulder smiled. "Beg."

Krycek's eyes widened, and then he grinned. "Make me."

"You asked for it." Mulder pushed Krycek back onto the bed, covering the semi-naked form with his own. He kissed his way from the dark hairline to the cheek and then slowly down the slim neck. He paused just above the collarbone and sucked the pale flesh into his mouth, biting gently to mark the younger man. Krycek began whimpering piteously, trying to push his denim-clad erection against Mulder's own rigid organ. Mulder avoided him, and licked a warm trail down to Krycek's left nipple, biting gently to watch it rise, pebble-hard against sweating skin.

"Mulder, please..." Krycek began whining, writhing against the sheets in an agony of need.

Mulder gazed at the twisting body beneath him and decided to be nice. He unzipped Krycek's jeans, nodding a greeting to iron-hard cock that forced its way free of the denim, then removed them totally, throwing them to the floor.

He covered two fingers with a mixture of his and Alex's pre-cum, and began to tease at the other man's asshole, slipping one finger inside and twisting it until the figure beneath him groaned and arched off the bed. Mulder took the head of Alex's cock into his mouth, curling his tongue around it as he inserted a second finger; almost too much for the triple-agent, who finally gave way to a scream as Mulder's fingers found his prostate.

The older man smiled, letting Krycek's cock slide from his mouth. "Now, I'll fuck you."

He removed his fingers and reached for the drawer of the bedside table, finding a condom and tube of KY. He applied the condom quickly and covered it with lube, keeping the touch as impersonal as possible, desperately trying not to hear Krycek's breathy moans. He wanted this to last.

Krycek watched him through half-closed eyes, waiting impatiently for his lover's touch. He spread his legs and drew them up, heart fluttering with anticipation as Mulder settled himself between them.

Mulder's first thrust was teasing, a taster of what was to come. Each thrust was deeper than the last, pleasure mounting steadily until he was buried completely in the tight heat of his lover. Both men moaned, the heady feel of sex surrounding them both.

Krycek reached for his aching cock, only to have his hand snatched away, thoroughly kissed and moved aside. Mulder took over, and began thrusting into Krycek, moving his hand over the weeping cock in perfect rhythm with the thrusts. As the sensations flowed over them, he began moving faster, his body harsh and demanding above Krycek's as he rammed home, striking his lover's prostate with each stroke. Orgasm rose like a wave, breaking over them and drowning them in dizzy satisfaction, screaming their pleasure into the darkness.

They fell stickily asleep, sable hair against golden-brown, quiet breath the only sound disturbing the night.

xx

Mulder woke early, showered and dressed. He left Krycek asleep, a message and an invitation on the pillow they had shared.

He walked down the hallway to the lift, meeting Mrs. Stavin on the way. She shook a wrinkled finger at him. "I expect I'll be seeing more of you. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!" She cackled her way happily down the corridor, leaving a bemused but cheerful Mulder waiting for the lift.

END.

xx

artemis.xs@virgin.net

Once upon a time, there was a little girl called Isayeva, who posted a story to ter_mafic. She got feedback from three lovely people who she will cherish forever, but didn't reply to them because she was too lazy to get out of bed, having spent all her energy battling the evil plot bunnies sent to assassinate her. She eventually wrote them this apology fic, and everyone lived happily ever after. I'm very, very sorry, so Krycek will be accepting chastisement on my behalf.
Things Are Looking Up
by Isayeva
Summary: What if Mulder followed Krycek home after 'The Kiss'...
Rating: Um...PG-13?
Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be. They belong to Fox and to 1013.
Feedback: E-mail to artemis.xs@virgin.net
Comments always welcome, but please bear in mind that I'm new to the big bad world of slash.
Archive: You really want it? Anywhere, just let me know.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]