Go to notes and disclaimers


Supersonic
by Gaby


The cell phone chirped just as Mulder climbed into the limo. He graced his publisher with an apologetic smile before answering with a curt, "Mulder."

"Hey, birthday boy! What are you wearing?"

Mulder chuckled. "Hi, Alex. I'm fine, thanks. How's it going?"

Krycek laughed out loud. "Ah, so we're not alone, are we?" he teased. "Even better. Phone sex in public, a kink we haven't tried yet."

"No, it's actually pretty boring," Mulder said as if answering a completely innocent question. "I just finished a radio interview and now we're on the way to a book signing. My arm will probably fall off after three hours of giving autographs."

"Poor baby," Krycek purred with his bedroom voice, but he sobered up when he realized that his lover wouldn't play. "I'm sorry I didn't call sooner, Fox, I wanted to surprise you with a midnight call but I was in a meeting."

Mulder smiled sadly. "That's okay, Alex. Different time zones do that to you." He sighed. "Besides, I don't care when you call me, as long as I hear your voice."

There was a long moment of silence before Krycek softly replied, "I miss you, too."

Mulder bit his lip hard, trying to keep sudden tears from falling. He really didn't want to cry in front of his publisher, no matter how much he liked the feisty young woman. He smiled bravely for her benefit.

"You know, Alex, who says I'm not enjoying a few days by myself?" he teased. "You wouldn't believe this town! London is a gay mekka, if you ask me."

"Oh, you wound me," Krycek declared theatrically. "As if I had any time to think of you, with all those orgies going on here. New York's a happenin' place, dude!" he added in a thick redneck accent which he was never able to quite pull off, and guaranteed to give Mulder a giggling fit.

This time wasn't any different. Proud of himself that he managed to make his lover laugh, Krycek grinned.

"So, what are your plans for the rest of the day? Will you at least celebrate with your publisher?"

"Nah," Mulder replied. "After the book signing and yet another interview, I'll go back to my hotel room and spend a quiet evening there. Maybe count my grey hairs or my wrinkles or something."

Krycek chuckled. "Hey, I can call you back later then and we could have that phone sex, old man!"

Mulder tried mightily to affect an air of boredom for his publisher's sake. From the way she was unsuccessfully trying to hide her grin, she seemed to know pretty well what was going on, though.

"And what are you doing today, Alex?" Mulder asked instead, smiling innocently at the young woman sitting across from him.

"Oh, I'm on my way to a business brunch," Krycek replied. "Remember the Tanner Industries account? I actually might get the job."

"Go, Alex!" Mulder cheered, truly happy. "You said it's just about impossible to land that one. Way to go, hot shot! We'll definitely have to celebrate when I'm back home next week!"

"Well," Krycek purred, "or we could just have a really hot phone sex session later today..."

"Okay, okay," Mulder conceded, laughing. "Let's do that!"

They shared a moment of silence, saying more than words could ever express. Somehow, neither one of them wanted to hang up, as if hearing the other one breathe was enough to fill the void they both felt in their hearts.

"Fox, I gotta go," Krycek finally said, very reluctantly. "I'm gonna be late otherwise."

"That's okay, Alex, you've got work to do. Besides, Angie is signalling me that we've arrived at the book store so I gotta go as well." He paused for a second, and his publisher decided to give him some privacy. She got out of the car and closed the door decisively with a knowing wink. "Alex?" Mulder swallowed hard, again fighting tears. "I swear to you, I won't write another book if that means I have to spend time away from you. I miss you so fucking much, it hurts."

"Hey, hey, hey, Fox!" Alarmed by the utter despair in his lover's voice, Krycek bit his lower lip. "Listen, babe, people love your books. You write best sellers. And you love to write them, admit it. You'd miss it too much if you gave it up." Mulder only muttered something unintelligently. "Besides, if you stop writing, they'll stop paying you the big bucks, and you know I only love you for the money," Krycek dead-panned.

He felt pretty smug when the next thing he heard was a choked laugh coming from his lover.

"Asshole," Mulder said affectionately.

"That's Mister Asshole to you, pal. And now go and knock 'em dead. Your fans are waiting for you."

Mulder gave a ghost of a smile. "Okay," he whispered, mentally preparing himself to be cheerful and happy for the next few hours.

"Oh, and Fox?"

Mulder, who had already opened the car door, let himself fall back into the seat. "Yeah?"

"I love you."

Mulder couldn't help himself, he grinned like a fool. "Big sap," he accused, and then smiled slyly. "I thought you only loved my money?"

Krycek laughed. "Yeah, that too!" Then he hung up.

But even though he thought he had cheered his lover up at least to some degree, Krycek had to admit that spending Mulder's birthday apart was killing him as much as it obviously killed his lover.

xx

The cell phone chirped just as Mulder let himself fall on the big comfy hotel bed. "Mulder."

"Hey, loverboy, what are you wearing?"

Mulder chuckled. "Who is this?" he asked innocently, a big grin spreading across his face.

"You're really getting old if you have to ask me this," Krycek retorted. Mulder laughed. "You know, I just realized that technically I still haven't congratulated you. I mean, I never did when we first talked, so Happy Birthday, Fox."

"What? That's why you called? I thought you wanted hot phone sex?" Mulder teased.

"Well, I don't know...it's pretty late in London already, isn't it? Shouldn't you get your beauty sleep or something?"

"You can wipe that smirk off your face right this second, Alex, I can see you wearing it from here!" Krycek gave a belly laugh. "And now you can wipe off that innocent 'who? me?' expression," Mulder added, knowing his lover only too well.

"You're no fun," Krycek mock growled.

"Okay, you want fun? I give you fun." Mulder paused, thinking for a second. Then he went on, with his voice pitched low and sultry. "I'm lying on my bed, wearing only my dress shirt and my boxer shorts. My left hand is slowly unbuttoning the shirt now, revealing my naked chest..."

"Hmm, sounds good..." Krycek's voice was just as deep. "What shirt are you wearing?"

"The light blue shirt, the one you bought me last Spring. It's completely unbuttoned now. My hand is slowly drifting lower, teasing the outlines of my cock..."

"Nice," Krycek purred. "What boxers are you wearing? The tight ones?"

Mulder frowned, confused by his lover's sudden obsession with his clothing. "Of course the tight ones. The black boxers that you like so much. What is wrong with you, Alex, are you channeling Robert Blackwell all of a sudden or what?"

"Sorry, just trying to picture you."

"Hmm. Okay." Mulder, his ruffled feathers soothed somewhat, got comfy again and began to tease his slowly hardening cock. "I'm rubbing the tips of my fingers up and down my dick--" His voice cut off abruptly.

"What? What is it, Fox? Why did you stop?"

"Fuck, someone just knocked on my door. What the hell?"

"Maybe it's room service," Krycek suggested.

"I didn't order anything," Mulder muttered, determinently ignoring the knocking. "Okay, where was I? My fingers were--"

"Maybe you should answer the door, Fox," Krycek replied reasonably. "It must be room service. I called the hotel and told them to bring up a bottle of champagne so we could celebrate."

Mulder's face softenend. "You didn't!" God, how he loved that man. "That's really sweet of you, Alex. Okay, hang on a sec while I get the door, okay?"

"Sure, Fox."

Mulder got up, debating with himself whether to get fully dressed or not, and then decided that people working in hotels had probably seen more shocking things than a half-naked man with the outlines of a definite erection pressing against his underwear. Shrugging mentally, his cell phone still clutched to him, he went to open the door.

Where his jaw promptly hit the floor.

"Room service!" a cheerful voice announced.

Mulder automatically grabbed the bottle of champagne that was thrust at him.

"B-but...but you're...you're on the phone," he finally managed to press out, staring at his lover in total disbelief.

Krycek grinned, stared at the cell phone in his own hand exaggeratedly, and then leaned in to give Mulder a brief kiss full on the mouth. "I'm a man of many talents," he announced, pushing his way into the hotel suite. "I can talk on the phone and stand in front of a door at the same time. If I concentrate really hard, I can walk and chew gum at the same time, too!" He sat down on the bed, bouncing experimentally, and beamed at his lover.

Mulder, still not believing his eyes, closed the door. "But you're in New York," he said into his cell phone until he realized how silly that was. Frowning at himself, he put the cell phone away and walked over to his lover, slowly reaching out, tentatively even, as if afraid he might vanish into thin air if touched.

Krycek smiled and stood up to finally do what he had dreamt of for the last five days. He wrapped his lover into a full body contact bear hug and proceeded to kiss him senseless.

"No, I mean it," Mulder insisted almost stubbornly when the kiss finally ended. "You're in New York." He quickly glanced at the clock on one of the end tables. It was a quarter to ten. "You called me like, I dunno, five hours ago? How could you possibly...?"

"Well, a little over five hours ago, actually," Krycek replied airily. "Eleven in the morning New York time, that makes it four pm London time. Well, I called you from the Tanner Industries lobby. As I said, I had a brunch meeting there. But when I went up to the top floor, I suddenly realized that I really wanted to be somewhere else. So I told the CEO that something had come up and cancelled the meeting."

"You did what?" Mulder screeched, not believing his ears. "You wanted that job more than anything, Alex! You've worked your ass off for that job! You said being security consultant for Tanner Industries would be your professional wet dream!"

"True enough, but there was something I wanted even more than that job." Krycek locked eyes with his lover. "You," he said simply. "Spending your birthday with you."

"I still can't believe you threw away this golden opportunity! God, Alex, how could you?"

"You're not happy to see me?"

Mulder saw the crestfallen look on his lover's face. "But of course I'm happy to see you," he said, hugging Krycek and giving him a long kiss. "I just can't believe you gave up the chance of a lifetime for me, is all." He smiled wanly, as if unsure if he was worth it. "And that still doesn't explain how you got here. Did you beam yourself or what?"

Krycek chuckled and pulled his lover down so they both sat on the bed, cuddling. "Actually, no. As I said, I told the CEO something came up. She wanted to know what, I told her it was my lover's birthday and I had just talked to you and realized I needed to be with you."

"I can't believe you didn't at least lie," Mulder muttered. "Use a better excuse. Dead grandmother or something."

Krycek tutted. "You won't believe it but that CEO, who is feared as a hard-assed and absolutely no-nonsense woman, has a heart of pure romance. She could very well understand me and was happy to postpone our meeting. Now, I might add that she wants to give me that job because she knows I'm the best, so I guess she wouldn't have been that generous otherwise. But still, she supported me whole-heartedly. I called the airport, booked a flight and here I am." He gave a wide smile.

"Oh no, Alex, there's more to it than that. It takes a whole lot longer to fly from New York to London. So, did you lie to me? Were you here all along? Did you plan all this as a surprise?"

Krycek frowned. "You know I don't lie to you, ever!" he stated fiercely, obviously hurt. They had decided early on in their relationship that truth was of utmost importance, and they had lived by that rule ever since.

"I'm sorry, Alex, I didn't mean that," Mulder immediately apologized. "But I still don't understand...I mean, you can't get here so fast."

"Sure you can," Krycek grinned. "I took the Concorde."

"You did what?"

"I called the airport, made reservations for the noon flight..."

"You actually got a ticket on such short notice?"

Krycek gave his lover a 'get with the program, buddy' look. "You have no idea what I can get on short notice," he said cryptically. Mulder wisely decided not to ask. "It was nearly impossible to make the flight but the CEO actually offered to have me taken to the airport with the company's own chopper." He grinned like a little kid. "That was sorta cool! So anyway, arrived in the nick of time, boarded the Concorde, and three hours and twenty minutes later, I was in London. I had talked to the hotel in the meantime, they had sent a limo to pick me up, and now I'm here." He smiled again. "The drive from the airport to the hotel took almost as long as the flight. Damn traffic in this forsaken town. Worse than New York, if you ask me."

Mulder stared at his lover, still in utter disbelief. "You did all this, just to be with me on my birthday?" he asked hesitantly, as if afraid all of this was just wishful thinking. He reached out tentatively, gently cupping Krycek's face as if to make sure his lover was really and truly there.

"Yes, Fox," Krycek replied softly, taking Mulder's hand and kissing the palm. "I did all that, just to be with you on your birthday."

As if only now realizing that all of this was really happening, Mulder suddenly broke out in a wolfish grin—and jumped his lover with a lust-crazed howl.

xx

One birthday spanking and a bout of hot and steamy sex later, both men lay in each other's arms, utterly spent and tired.

Krycek was already half asleep when Mulder's voice tickled his ear.

"Alex?"

"Hmm?"

"Sooo...did you bring me any presents?"

xx

gaby@gaby.slashcity.tv

Title: Supersonic
Author: Gaby
Disclaimer: Yes, they're mine. Why do you ask?
Rating: PG-13 (no, that's not a typo! LOL!)
Warnings: uh...schmoop?
Author's Notes: The idea is entirely Raven's. We talked about this scenario a while ago and she told me to go ahead and write a snippet. So I did. :-) Thanks for allowing me to use your idea, Raven, it's so wonderfully romantic! :-)
Additional Notes: Today (Oct 24th, 2003—the day I first posted this story) was the last commercial Concorde flight. I think it's a shame that they've decided to stop using this wonderful plane, especially since flying with the Concorde was one of the ten things on my 'to do before I die' list, and now I can forget about that! LOL! Anyway, I thought it would be fitting to write this snippet now. (you'll see why when you read it) Now, I found the info about flight times on the net but I don't know for sure if they're correct, so let's just assume poetic license here, okay? :-)
Summary: Krycek decides that he wants to spend a special day with his lover, no matter what the obstacles.
My website: http://gaby.slashcity.tv
My addy: gaby@gaby.slashcity.tv

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]