Go to notes and disclaimers


Sharpe's Scoundrel

Part V
Absolution


The problem with using so many names and playing at so many personalities over too few years was that you tended to splinter slightly inside your own mind. Sometimes, it made for some extensive, rather twisted internal conversations. Over the course of the last few days, Alex had been having one such mental debate with himself on and off. The explosives he'd set had been a study in overkill. The original object of the exercise had been to destroy evidence. Somewhere along the way, however, soon after discovering who was likely to be sent in to disarm the device, Alex convinced himself that a bit of personal pleasure was in order. It had been richly satisfying too. After spending months playing the part of a mindless fuck-toy and whipping post for a circle of sadistic psychopaths in Canada Alex had enjoyed lashing out at someone else for a change.

Still, he couldn't say he was happy right now. Strangely enough Alexei found himself struggling with not only his normal helping of confusions about his recent actions but also feeling mild twinges of a most unfamiliar emotion... guilt. The focal point that this whirlwind of passions pivoted around was sitting on the other side of this darkened pub drinking way too much. Richard Sharpe was attempting to drown his problems in rum and ice.

Lord but Sharpe looked more attractive than a man in his state should. He wore exhaustion and grief better than anyone Alexei had ever met before. The darkness below his eyes and his unshaven state highlighted Richard's finely cut features. His dusty-gold hair was mussed and falling forward in a manner that made Alex's fingers twitch with the urge to reach out and touch. The man's normally soldier stiff posture had collapsed into a drunken slump.

Sharpe had to be in bad shape not to notice that he'd been under surveillance for more than two days now. Alex was obsessing. He realised that. He knew it was foolish to linger in London without orders. It was idiotic to ghost around the area where so many British agents were concentrated. It was absolutely suicidal to follow Richard around considering their track record but at this very moment Alexei couldn't bring himself to care. At first he'd only wanted to see his former lover, to simply catch a glimpse and take a moment to tell himself that Sharpe wasn't worth the heartache he'd been feeling since they parted. Richard wasn't even his preferred physical type. Alex was constantly on the lookout for a sophisticated, dark-haired beauty like Vasili had been. Unfortunately that one brief look at his golden soldier hadn't extinguished the flames of his desire but instead it had stoked them. Richard was more than a body type. He was the first man that Alex had said 'I love you' to without being under coercion or while attempting to gain an advantage. He was an icon for everything that Alexei wanted but knew he didn't deserve and would never have. It stirred his frozen soul and burned his eyes to even look at his old lover. How could he have walked away from a person that made him feel so alive?

Alexei mentally ticked off yet another shot just as the handsome blonde stacked one more empty glass on the pile in front of him. Well, at least he attempted to stack it. Richard's aim, dulled by four hours in the pub, caused his arm to bump the low tower and sent the small tumblers skittering across the tabletop. The tipsy man's drinking partner was fast enough to keep them from smashing to the floor but dregs of the dark liquid smeared across the surface.

Alex's upper lip curled at the sight, it reminded him to the fact that the brawny, curly haired man was his replacement. He was now the one who had the privilege to stand at Sharpe's back in the field. He was Richard's second, a position Alexei had been forced to abdicate less than a year ago. According to the files Alex had hacked into the bastard's name was Patrick Harper. He and the rest of Sharpe's team were some of the roughest men in special ops. Richard's chance at Command's premier team had been lost last year when it had been discovered that Richard's partner, Alexander Andrews, was a double agent.

The waitress appeared with an empty tray and cleared the table off. Even Alexei, despite being on the far side of the pub, could hear her weary refusal as Sharpe ordered another round. "I'm sorry Richard, but you've had enough." The woman denied his demand. "Why don't you go home and sleep it off?"

Sharpe leaned back. His palms ran up over his eyes and forehead before threading his fingers into his hair. "I don' wanna to go home. S'too quiet there." His northern pronunciations were exaggerated even further by his condition. "I wanna another drink." He amended.

"Come on Major. It's late and I'm tired." Sharpe's second heaved himself up and out of his chair. "You can crash on our couch. Ramona's not like to mind." Harper offered.

The possibility of yet another opportunity slipping away was now thrust into his face. Alexei self-consciously patted the reassuring bulge of his gun inside his jacket then shoved upright. If it meant he'd have to plug a bullet into Harper's brain in order to talk to his Dickin one more time Alex was willing. The barmaid had abandoned the pair of soldiers leaving a vacant spot at Richard's side. Alex ghosted up into that void. Dread twisted the Russian's stomach and his nerves were strung tight against the possible need to flee. He caught Harper's confused glare at the intrusion but dismissed the frown as unimportant. Alex realised what kind of picture he must be presenting with his thuggish black leather clothes, long hair, and hungry expression. Still, unless the bigger man made a threatening move Alex would ignore him. Richard wouldn't approve of an unnecessary murder. Alexei didn't say anything. He simply leaned down to rest against the sticky tabletop and waited to test his former lover's mood.

Richard's gaze finally drifted in the right direction. It caught on the scuffed cuffs of Alex's jacket then followed the shadowy line upward. Harper was squaring his shoulders, preparing for a brawl by the time Sharpe's pale eyes reached the newcomer's face. Richard's brow furrowed and he blinked, absently rubbing his eyes to insure they weren't deceiving him. A fleeting flash of anger clouded his expression before his body collapsed back against the arms of his chair.

"Fuck it. I should kick your ass but I can't be bothered." Richard announced with a dismissive sigh. "What the hell are you doing here, Xander?"

Alex almost grinned at hearing his old nickname pass Richard's lips. He'd feared meeting an impenetrable wall of hostility, had fully intended to batter himself bloody against the other's anger if that's what was required. "I was in Europe." The Russian admitted. "I heard what happened."

"You never liked Teresa, Xander. Cut the crap." Sharpe snapped. His hand reached then clenched at the discovery that no alcohol remained. "I don't need any bullshit sympathy from you." Sharpe caved forward to rest his face in his hands, hiding his expression. "Blew her up." The mumble barely escaped. " How could she die that way? There wasn't a bomb that Teresa couldn't defuse."

Alexei refrained from arguing the obvious. His design had been a masterpiece. It had contained more redundant systems and false timers than the Spanish munitions expert had ever come up against. The device's primary purpose had been to invite tampering then activate. That bitch had taken away Alexei's dreams of hooking up with Richard, of breaking out of his multi-personality life and making a stand. She'd stolen away Alex's first and only love without a wisp of remorse. He considered it only fair that she pay the price for her year of pilfered happiness.

Harper cleared his throat noisily. He was hitching his sleeves in silent warning.

"I'm an old friend of Richard's." Alexei finally acknowledged the other's presence. Now was not the time for fighting with this man. "Krycek." He chose to offer up his most recently acquired alias. "Alex Krycek." His hand extended to Harper. "Nice to meet you." He lied in a falsified American accent.

Narrowed eyes studied the stranger carefully but he consented to shake hands. "Patrick Harper. I work with the Major."

An Irishman, Alex judged. He'd used a lighter version of that same accent during his stint at Richard's side. How cruel was it to give Sharpe an actual Irish second especially when the counterfeit one had ran off? Someone at Command must have laughed their ass off at that little prank. Alexei pulled away from the handshake. "I'll see to Richard from here on out. Why don't you go home?" He dismissed the big man then dropped to a squat beside the blonde's chair. Alexei's voice dropped into a provocative whisper. "I've a car outside, Dickin." His hand coasted up the inside Sharpe's leg. Alex wasn't sure if the tremble he was feeling was his own or Richard's.

"Go away, Xander." Richard shook his head, denying the blaze that had sprung up between them at contact. "I'm not done drinking."

"There's a bar in my hotel room." Alex bribed. "C'mon with me and we'll have a talk. I know you want me to explain some things to you." His chest was aching it was so tight. "Please Dickin."

Richard looked over and snarled. "My wife is dead." He shifted, ineffectively attempting to halt the other's intrusive caress under the table.

"I know." Alexei stated flatly. I killed her. The temptation was there to mouth the customary 'I'm sorry' but he couldn't force that particular lie out of his tight throat. Besides, Richard would never believe the sentiment.

"Like you care." Sharpe accused.

"You want me to take you home, Major?" Harper continued to linger, attempting to decide for himself whether his friend needed his help with the newcomer or not.

"I loved her." The declaration seemed to come out of nowhere. "You were wrong, Xander. I really did love her." His tone was vaguely desperate, attempting to convince either Alex or himself. "I know what you thought. It wasn't like that. Not completely." He sighed, looking reluctantly into the younger man's eyes for the first time. The Englishman's hand lifted and his fingertips brushed across Alex's jaw. "You shouldn't be here, pretty Xander." Richard warned.

The gentle contact set off fireworks under his skin. Richard still wanted him. "I couldn't stay away any longer. I didn't want to stay away this long." Alex whispered urgently, trying to get across how frantic he was with only his voice and his fingers stroking up the denim of the other's inner leg. "I didn't want to leave. It was a mistake, Dickin. Both of us made mistakes but we could've worked through it. I was just so angry." He should have stayed to fight Teresa for Richard's affection when their rivalry came to a head. How could he have been so stupid, so emotionally volatile? He'd blown the opportunity of a lifetime. "Oh God, please Dickin, give me some of your time." Alexei rocked forward onto his toes to press his cheek against the elder man's sleeve. "I've missed you so much."

The caress began tentatively but Richard's fingers slid up to tease through Alexei's fine, dark hair. "I've missed you too, sweet thing." He finally admitted.

Harper made a grumpy, growling sound at the unexpected intimacy the two men were showing towards each other then withdrew, leaving them alone. He crossed the room to loaf at the bar, still wary of what was occurring.

"You shouldn't even be in England, Xander." Sharpe repeated. "Pat may not know who you are but...shite, Baby. They'll lock you up and throw away the key if they find out you're here."

"You gonna rat me out, Soldier boy?" Alexei's laugh held a hint of nervousness. He was in London without permission from his boss. If Nicki had to bail him out of trouble because of this little escapade there would be hell to pay.

Richard continued to ramble. "They'll bust me down to scrubbing piss stalls if they find out I saw yer and didn't turn yer in. They'll fuckin' disappear me. They almost did when it came out 'xactly who yer were. Nicola Romanov's protégé. My second in command... a bloody Russian mafia Prince. How could you tell me such lies? How could you leave me to face that kind of shit-storm?" He stalled out in the middle of his diatribe to stare down at the other. He gasped down a mouthful of air as Alex's hand worked mischief in the darkness under the table. "Teresa burned up everything you left behind, destroyed every picture I had of yer, Xander. Command has me locked out of yer file. Son'bitch, I'd forgotten how bloody stunning you were." Sharpe traced a reverent finger over his former lover's parted lips, which Alexei obediently sucked into his mouth. "God, I missed you. I'd wake up aching, screamin' yer name. Teresa would smash things and storm out. I looked but you'd disappeared. I almost quit the Force but I couldn't find hide 'ner hair of you and Teresa, well she...Christ I've missed you, Baby."

The Russian shivered and eased back slightly, releasing Sharpe's finger with nip of teeth on skin. That was exactly what he wanted to hear. "Come back to my hotel with me, Dickin." Alexei pleaded. "Nobody has to know this time. Just vanish with me for a few days. No Romanov shit. No Forces shit. Just you and me for a couple of days. You could tell them you don't remember anything after you got drunk. We won't talk if that's what you want. We'll just fuck each other raw then I'll go away."

Richard's left hand shot out to tighten painfully, digging into the worn leather covering Alex's shoulder. "I don't want you to leave." He hissed. "You'll stay. You said you wanted to stay with me before. I was so stupid. I won't let you go this time."

"You know it's more complicated than that, Dickin-honey." Alexei murmured. "Just come back to my room, Lover. We'll think in the morning." He rose, pulling the older man up with him. "C'mon Gorgeous. I've missed you so much." Walking backwards, Alexei drew Sharpe towards the door. He spared a brief glance to assure himself that Harper was taking no alarm at the situation then led the blonde out into the night.

xx

Richard remained strangely quiet during the trip to Alexei's hotel. The soldier kept his eyes and one of his hands on his former lover for most of the voyage. Even through the lobby and in the elevator Sharpe was unwilling to relinquish his grip as if he feared the other man would vanish into smoke. The continuous contact raised a few eyebrows but Alex didn't even consider complaining about the possessive action, instead he let the sensation wrap around him like a warm blanket.

The silence continued until the door to Alexei's room was safely closed and the rest of the world bolted out. Alex leaned against the barricade to reality and stared across at the man who'd been haunting his dreams for so long now. "If you still need it... there really is a bar." He gestured absently over Richard's shoulder.

Sharpe head shook briefly and he pressed tightly into the younger man's body, sharing Alex's breath. "Bed." Their lips didn't quite brush.

That single word, Richard's first since leaving the pub sent a wracking shiver down Alexei's spine. He arched into the other's body as if lightening had struck. The urge to babble pressed at the back of his throat but Alex had swore to himself that no Russian would pass his lips to remind Sharpe of who he really was. "This way." He edged past, drawing Richard after him into the dimly illuminated suite. Alex was light-headed from a lack of oxygen by the time they reached the side of the massive mattress. He had to remind himself to breath. So much could go wrong with a single misspoken word from either of them. "Dickin."

"Baby." Richard's hands slid inside Alex's jacket to smooth across his ribs, up his shoulder and brush away the covering garment. It hit the floor with a dull thud and Alexei found himself wrapped into a crushing embrace.

The Russian pressed his face into the feathery blonde hair and inhaled. Their time apart dissolved as the familiar scent of his lover filled his lungs. Alex clung, squeezing his eyes tightly shut to better appreciate the heat of Richard's lean frame against his own.

It couldn't last. Alcohol stole Sharpe's strength while impatience tore at Alexei. When Richard tugged, indicating he needed to sit down Alex let him. The Russian then proceeded, with eager fingers, to rip away the fabric covering the skin he'd missed so much. Richard's jacket peeled away with little struggle, as did the heavy shirt he wore.

"Stop. Take off 'your' clothes first, Xander." The complete sentence was a shock despite how soft Sharpe's voice was. "Strip for me." Richard moved to lay back on the dark bedspread and stared up his companion.

"Anything you want." The offer came so easily to his lips even after all this time. Alexei backed up a few steps, placing himself in the thin glow that came in through the wide windows. The spy sucked in a deep breath and held it. He concentrated on relaxing his tightly strung muscles into a looser, more inviting posture. Most of his weight settled to one side allowing the opposite hip to jut out. Alex skated his palms up the outside of his legs then coasted them over his sharp hips. He gave in to the urge to groan out his excitement and thrust slightly into the sparse contact. The button on his pants flicked open easily. Grabbing two handfuls of fabric Alex began teasing the ebony fabric of his shirt up to reveal pale skin. The turtleneck briefly snagged at his chin but a good hard tug soon freed him. The action left his shaggy hair dishevelled, falling into his eyes. He let the material fall nearby rather than flinging it away.

"Pretty thing." Richard commented in a breathy whisper.

Alex scraped his bangs back attempting to toss the untidy mess into place. His hair had never been this long before but his last assignment had required it. Alexei then let his fingertips trail down once more. He paused to pinch his stiffened nipples and let out a faint sigh of pleasure. While his hands roamed over his ribs and chest Alex shifted foot to foot in order to toe off his short boots. When the edge of one of his nails dug in to leave a long reddened welt from his nipple to his belly button it caused a thick hiss of arousal.

Alexei peered from under his lashes to see if the performance was affecting Richard as much as himself. The soldier was laying sprawled on the wide bed, arms thrown wide in a careless posture but he was far from indifferent to the younger man. Sharpe's light eyes were glittering fiercely in the half-light of the bedroom and his hips were rocking almost unconsciously, displaying the tightness across his groin.

"Keep going, Sweet thing." Richard encouraged. "Show me how bad you want it."

"Bastard." Alexei cursed in an undertone making the older man chuckle. He turned away and stretched expansively, reaching for the ceiling to show off the definition of his back then bending to remove his socks and display his ass. Staying turned away, Alex straightened and the sound of his zipper coming down was all the act Richard was gifted with for a few moments. The Russian massaged his erection and squirmed his leather pants down past his hips with his back still turned.

"Show me." The blonde on the bed demanded, a little louder this time. "Let me see you, Xander baby."

Alexei turned in place, pulling his trousers down with snaking squirms. He was loosing patience with this part of the game. He wanted to lay hands on Richard not himself. Alex kicked out of the last of his clothes and jumped to land on the foot of the large bed. In a final nod to Sharpe's request he knelt up and struck a pose before laughing and crawling up the other man's body. "I'll show you how much I want you, you Bastard." The threat growled out as Richard continued to lay passively under him. Alexei snapped with his teeth, catching the collar of the other's t-shirt and lifting it away from his skin. Supporting himself on his knees the Russian caught hold of the thin fabric and put all his strength into splitting it apart. The angry tearing noise made Sharpe's hips buck up, pressing his groin hard to Alex's.

Shoving back the torn edges of shirt Alexei swooped down and latched his mouth onto one of Richard's nipples while his fingers set to memorizing every angle and curve of his shoulders, chest and ribs once more. Alex bit down just enough to provoke a tiny groan of protest then used his tongue to apologise for the spike of pain. He ran his mouth across the heaving chest, lapping up stale sweat eagerly along the way. Richard's second nipple received the same treatment. Alex's chin dug in slightly as he looked up to gauge his lover's reaction. "You like?"

"Hmm...Yeah."

Richard's smile was like a blessing. Alexei felt light-headed and bursting with exhilaration. His mouth watered uncontrollably and he fell to feasting on the salty skin laid out before him once more. Nothing had tasted this good since his last morning in Richard's bed. Nothing had felt this good in so long it almost made him cry. "Want you. Need you." Alex whispered against the hot flesh. "Wanna spend the rest of my life worshipping your cock."

"Jesus, Xander." Sharpe shuddered underneath him.

"Missed you." Alexei buried his face in the curve of his lover's throat, practically burrowing into the other man. Following the line of skin up his tongue was soon flickering over Richard's ear and the sensitive skin behind it. Simple English couldn't convey enough. "Mon soldat d'or. Je t'aime." Surely Dickin couldn't object to French. He likely even understood it to some degree. "Je veux restes avec tu."

Richard moaned, arching into the contact. "Xander, precious."

The endearment pulled at Alexei's attention, drawing him away from his feasting so he could look into the older man's eyes. His hands skimmed up, tangling into Richard's hair and pulling their mouths together. As wondrous as Sharpe's skin had been to taste nothing compared to kissing his lover. Alex undulated against the slick body under him clutching at Richard so as little space as humanly possible remained between them. He licked across those succulent lips tasting before pressing their mouths together. Sharpe was almost grinning at the fervour his lover was displaying. Alexei smiled back then nipped.

"Vicious beast." Richard accused gently.

Alex chuckled and pressed for contact again. He licked, attempting to part Sharpe's lips. When Richard's mouth opened under his Alexei groaned and attempted to draw the other's soul out through the contact. His tongue flicked inside to taste every bit of Sharpe's essence. He sucked, urging his lover to return the intimacy. A low whine came from Alex's throat. The Russian continued to mash their lips together until the need for air demanded they separate. "Love you." He proclaimed breathlessly. "Loved you since that first time in the library." More desperate kisses were stolen. "Gonna make you feel so good. Move like..." Alex snatched after pillows and wrestled Richard into a slightly elevated position.

Once the older man was settled comfortably Alexei returned to licking his entire torso while moving his hands to pluck at Sharpe's jeans. "Need more skin." It was almost like a wrestling match dragging the creased denim off Richard while not wanting to draw too far away. When one sock was flung away and Alex sucked a toe into the heat of his mouth the soldier let out a surprised yelp. He repeated the action on the other foot then worked his way up the blonde's long legs. His hands slipped inside the leg openings to knead at the slick skin while he wetly mouthed the front of Richard's underwear.

"Bloody hell." The soldier cursed and his hand dropped down to curve around the younger man's skull. Richard was rock hard and straining the thin material. The head of his erection poked up from under the waistband yearning for more direct stimulation. His legs were trembling despite the weight on them.

"Gorgeous." Alexei announced reverently. His hands cupped the other's balls inside the dampening shorts. "I remember the smell of you. I would dream about it and wake up so hot it hurt." He murmured. "Nobody filled me up like you." Alex curled his hands into the underwear from the inside and dragged it down and off. "Filled my body." His palms slid back up, massaging as they moved. "Tu aves rempli mon ame." The Russian gazed up into Richard's face attempting to convey his adoration. The emotion he saw there was almost satisfying enough. His dark green eyes dropped back down to the nude body under him.

Sharpe's erection bobbed, leaking precum like an invitation. Alexei wrapped a hand around the base to steady it and lapped at the hot liquid. Richard let out a strangled shout and slammed a fist down. "Please Xander, do it."

Alexei licked his lips to wet them then opened his mouth and swallowed the other to the root in one slick motion. The satisfaction he got from sucking Richard down was primal. The trust suggested by this act combined with a weird sense of worship he felt hit the Russian at an elementary level. Alex squeezed his eyes shut tight and concentrated on his other senses; Sharpe's hitching gasps, the way Richard's pubic hair tickled his nose, the strong aroma filling his nostrils.

When his partner started to shiver in anticipation of a quick release Alex pulled off and lowered his attentions. He mouthed first one then the other of Richard's balls, soaking and softening them.

"Tease." Sharpe accused weakly, without really meaning it. It hadn't been so long that he'd forgotten that Alex liked to draw him to the edge and back several times before coming through. Feet flat on the bedspread, Richard edged his legs wider apart and his hips tipped up. He was silently inviting a particular act that he never, in all their time together, verbally requested.

Alexei drew back slightly, wiping his dripping chin against the inside of Richard's leg. His eyes drifted open. His cheek was rubbing, catlike, against the lightly furred, dampened skin of that same inner leg. "Dickin?" Alex blew a bit of warm air across the weeping erection in front of him. "Dickin, me darlin''?"

Sharpe's response was slow in coming and strangled with emotion. "What?"

Alex trailed a finger down the crease, brushing it across the entrance to the older man's body. "You've such a fine ass, mon soldat d'or. Can I taste it?"

Richard let out a thick, wordless moan and spread his legs even further apart. At the first touch of Alexei's tongue a shudder hard enough to rock the bed under them tore through his prone form.

Alex made a delighted sound and pressed harder, pushing inside the older man. He had to grab hold of Sharpe to keep him from convulsing away from the action. When Vasili had first forced him into doing this years ago Alexei had hated it, vomiting afterward, but doing it to Richard was something entirely different. Hearing the hiss of desire it provoked and feeling the soul-shaking trembling under his fingers shot such a thick surge of pleasure through Alex he couldn't resist. The taste didn't even bother him anymore. It was completely intoxicatingly Dickin.

"Son. Of. A. Bitch. XANDER!" Sharpe screamed out, clawing the bedspread and attempting to arch off the mattress.

Alexei hung on, fucking his lover with his tongue and breathing erratically through his nose. He continued until Richard was rigid as steel, right on the edge, then pulled his face away abruptly. Alex used one hand to force the older man back down onto the bed and the other to squeeze hard at the base of Richard's erection, confining his balls to prevent release. "Don't you dare!" The Russian warned in a voice that could make hardened criminals' wet their pants.

"Motherfucker!" Sharpe cursed him, almost whimpering.

"Been there. Done that." The spy admitted, crawling up the other's body. "Like fucking with you better." Still containing Richard's near orgasm he demanded a kiss, clamping down on the panting mouth below him.

Sharpe surged to life with a vengeance. His arms, which had been thrown wide, wrapped up and around Alexei, squeezing desperately. They rolled and the younger man was pinned down to the bed. Richard seized control of the kiss, shoving his tongue into Alex's mouth and almost biting him. He shifted from holding to mauling the body under him. His thumbs dug into pale flesh, bruising one hip and the soft skin below Alexei's right ear. The Russian went practically limp under his ferocious assault.

The kiss broke with a snarl and Richard dragged his mouth across the other's cheek, down his chin and burrowed into his throat where his teeth finally broke skin.

Alex yelped, threw his head back even further and his spine bowed up to dig his hips into his lover. "Do it! Mark me, Dickin. Own me." He babbled, his earlier vow shredded. "Ya liubliu tebia, moi Dickin. Ebat, ya khachoo tebia." Alexei let out a tearing moan as the older man suckled at the blood his efforts had brought the surface.

Sharpe's mouth drew away and he slammed Alex flat down on to the bed by sitting on him. The Russian watched through watering eyes as Richard's tongue flicked out and cleaned up a faint smear of red from his lips. The sight made him quake. They held stares only a moment before that blonde head dropped once more, this time to latch onto one of Alexei's tight nipples. The Russian barely felt the hand that forced his tense legs to part. Sharpe's fingers ran a quick swipe up and over Alex's cock, not giving any friction, merely collecting the moisture seeping out. He couldn't miss the pressure at his ass however as one damp fingertip pressed, demanding entrance. Richard immediately distracted him by clamping down with his teeth on the small nub in his mouth. Alexei didn't hear his own scream; he just knew that his throat was suddenly raw from use.

"Dickin, ty svoloch!" His voice was torn up as if he'd been swallowing gravel. "You absolute bastard." Alex repeated, almost crying for lack of knowing how to process all the emotions ripping through him. Another finger attempted to push into him making him squeak with pain. "Slick! In the night table. I can't take... Sukin syn! Use some grease, Dickin." He insisted urgently. Alexei hadn't expected things to go this far when he'd gotten dressed earlier. He hadn't prepared himself for this.

"I'm so stupid." Richard swore vividly, pulling away and lunging for the drawer at the side of the wide bed. It used to be that his younger lover came to him already slicked. Time had blurred details and he'd forgotten the simple facts of having sex with another man.

Alexei squirmed as his lover's weight lifted away, turning over onto his stomach. As much as he'd love to look into the other's face as they fucked Alex wanted depth and power even more. He heard the night table drawer crash to the floor and Sharpe cursing a low steady stream made almost incomprehensible by the thickness of his accent. Alex dropped his shoulders to the bed, shoving his ass up without modesty, falling unconsciously into a pose his first instructor had beaten into him.

"Oh my God." Sharpe's body shifted on the mattress as he turned back to his lover. He froze, inhaling loudly. "Bloody hell, Xander. Mercy." The next touch he laid on Alexei was staggering in its gentleness. Warm fingers reverently traced the straining curve of the Russian's spine. "So beautiful." Richard's hands ran up and down as if he were a blind man attempting to feel the lines of a sculpture.

"Don't." Alex whispered. "Don't do this to me." His protest was weak and he made no move to back up the complaint physically. His body felt heavy and completely un-muscled under the caresses Sharpe laid on him. He'd expected a few brief stretches then penetration. Richard's suddenly transformed attitude was unhinging him.

"I wish you could see yer'self, Xander... Angel." The older man whispered. He planted a kiss on Alex's tailbone. "You're so fuckin' stunning like this." Another kiss landed lower, just at the top of ass-crease. Palms skimmed across his ribs, spine and cheeks. "I never told yer back then. I should have told yer how I felt. I just didn't realise how much..."

"Stop." If he heard the words right now they would shatter him. Alex couldn't bear it. He tensed as if to escape but a gentle press on his back held him in the blatantly submissive position.

"Sweet, lovely..." Richard's breath was hot and laden with moisture, tickling right across the dark, puckered opening to Alexei's body and his completely exposed perineum. "Should've done...should've made you understand." He kissed first, making the Russian gasp and buck, then Sharpe's wet tongue flicked out and across the sensitive skin.

"JUST FUCK ME, DAMN IT!" Alexei wailed, his fingers digging into the material and his entire body vibrating in reaction to the unexpected intimacy. "Please Dickin, oh please. I can't hold it back."

"Shush." The soldier soothed. "It's okay, Sweet thing. I got yer." Slippery fingers replaced steamy breath and Sharpe eased cooling lubricant into his lover. "Open up for me, Xander. Lemmie in." He murmured. "I remember, Baby. I remember how much you liked me to talk to you." Richard indulged him. "I never gave you everthin' you needed from me. I fucked up so bad." He admitted. "But you should have come clean with me, Sweet thing." His fingers twisted, drawing a groan of pleasure from the man in front of him. "Everything you ever told me was a lie."

"Nyet." Alex protested. "No, no, no." He corrected, forcing himself back to English. "I didn't lie about what was between us, Dickin. Swear to God. Nobody told me to fuck you. I wanted you so bad. Just for me, I wanted you. Aaah!" Alexei bucked and tried to widen his stance even further but this exact position allowed no freedom of movement. That was the primary reason Vasili had liked it so much.

"All that time and I never knew who the hell you were." Richard persisted but as much as his words accused his fingers brought only blinding pleasure. "Now I know and I don't fuckin' care."

Sharpe's body shifted into position and the taunting touch withdrew making Alexei whimper at the loss. "Do me, Dickin. I can't wait any more. Pazhaluysta. Hurry up."

"Promise me. No more lies, Sweet thing." Richard demanded calmly as his cock finally eased into the younger man's body. He moved slowly, stretching out above the other as he thrust further in. One hand ran up Alexei's spine and tangled into the long, dark hair. The other circled down and under the Russian's waist. "Whoever you are, whatever you are... we'll work around it. I won't give this up again. I won't give you up again. Christ, Xander. You feel so good." Sharpe's hips rocked taking him deeper with every push.

Alex simply hissed out his delight, unable to form coherent words. When Richard's grip moved and the younger man was dragged up to his knees a moan rattled through his chest.

"Xander." Sharpe whispered right at his lover's ear. The hand that had been at Alex's waist drifted up to stroke over his chest. The other trailed down Alexei's neck, shoulder, ribs and hip to finally reach forward and wrap around the younger man's stiff erection. Their precarious balance wouldn't allow for hard thrusting but Richard continued to rock his hips. Alexei's head fell backwards to rest on Sharpe's shoulder. "This what you want, Baby?" Richard's hand coaxed more slippery precum out to ease the friction. "I can do this all night." He bragged.

Alexei's mouth hung open. He gasped with each jarring stroke, reaching back to pull their bodies even tighter together. "Mein Kostbar. Ich liebe dich." No, damn, wrong language. That was two weeks ago. His brain refused to process properly. Explosions were firing off randomly inside his head. "Moi zolotoj soldat. Nuzhdat'sya v chto-libo." Time was stretching and pulling like elastic. Maybe Richard had told the truth. Hours must be shredding away while his mind melted. The slow steady slide of flesh on flesh inside and in front of him was setting his entire body aflame. How had he dragged himself away from this exquisite man? How had he lived without these sensations for so many months?

Alex distantly realised he begun whining like a bitch in heat while his thoughts had spiralled out of control but he couldn't stop himself. His head rolled back and forth with every gliding shove. It was taking too long, this was going to kill him it was so wonderful. Alex's nails dug into his lover's hips demanding more. "My gorgeous golden soldier." That phrase hit it's mark finally and Alexei was rewarded with a hooking shove that made his body spasm with pleasure.

"Whacha want, Xander baby? You want it harder?" Richard's hand squeezed suddenly, punctuating his question.

"Da. Yeah. Yes!" Alexei scrambled after coherence. "Yes. Harder, Love. Fuck me blind, Dickin." He begged. "Fuck me harder." His body writhed, making him difficult to hold.

Without releasing his grip on Alex's cock, Richard shifted his other arm to shove the younger man back down to his hands and knees. Sweat was dripping off of Sharpe's forehead to splash against his lover's back. Alex could have sworn every drop sizzled and evaporated upon striking his skin.

Richard had fallen silent, unable to speak between gulps of air. The movement of his hips was vicious enough to push Alexei up towards the head of the bed. His tormenting hand was demanding that the younger man rush toward completion. "Come." The single word panted out, an order.

The crown of Alexei's scalp bumped into the headboard just as his orgasm began slicing through his body. The Russian screamed, his frame wracking into convulsions. A distant sensation of pain came from his hips but it was subsumed by the violent pleasure tearing through him.

Consciousness had to have deserted him at one point because his next clear impression was laying flat with his back pasted to the skin of Richard's chest and stomach. Their bodies had yet to separate and Alexei couldn't imagine he wanted that to happen anytime soon.

"Lovely, sexy, beautiful baby." Sharpe's voice lapped over him like warm ocean waves offering up a steady stream of almost nonsensical compliments. He was petting Alexei with one hand while the other held them tight together. "...tight in my arms forever." Richard's breath fluttered the fine hair by Alex's ear.

"Mmm...this is nice." The Russian murmured, acknowledging the embrace by snuggling back into it. His eyes were heavy but sleeping would be such an incredible waste of the brief time he could allow himself to remain in this living dream.

Richard's lips curved against his lover's skin and his hug tightened.

xx

At times Alexei wondered that his bones didn't audibly creak from the punishment he'd put them through. It was best they didn't however for if the sound were to wake Richard his overdue departure would be delayed yet again. Over the last two days the spy had tried several times already to drag himself away from the deceptive sanctuary of their hotel room. When Sharpe's piercingly clear eyes pinned him Alex simply lost all will to return to reality but if he dallied much longer his boss would take it out on his hide.

Earlier that day Alex and Richard had skirted the edge of a fight when the suggestion of ending the tryst had came up. Both of them knew they couldn't afford to steal any more time away but the idea of separation physically pained them both.

It was his place to make the break, Alexei realised. Sharpe might lose his job if this went on any longer but Alex was under the threat of torture and possibly death. If Nicki discovered the extent of her protégé's obsession with his British lover she would break her whip over his back. That kind of distraction simply was not permitted within the Family. It was an exploitable weakness.

He written a note while Richard had been in the bathroom this morning. There was little to the missive beyond the address of a safe mail drop Alex had in New York and the simple phrase 'I love you'. He didn't even sign it. There hadn't been time for more before Sharpe had re-emerged, dripping from a hurried shower to drag Alexei back down onto the soiled sheets for yet another session of soul-destroying sex.

So a single sheet of hotel stationary weighed down by a token offering, his favourite leather jacket, was all the Russian left for his beloved. It had to be enough, at least until next time, Alexei promised himself as he silently pulled the door closed behind him.

Now wasn't that just the thing to chase away a Canadian winter chill?

xx

Cocoa and cookies time.
I suppose some translations are in order this episode since Alex was babbling in tongues. Here's some mangled Russian, French and German.

Mon soldat d'or. Je t'aime = my golden soldier. I love you
Je veux restes avec tu. = I want to stay with you
Tu aves rempli mon ame = you fill my soul
Ya liubliu tebia, moi Dickin = I love you, my Dickin
Ebat, ya khachoo tebia = fuck, I need you
ty svoloch = you bastard
Sukin syn = son of a bitch
Pazhaluysta = please
Mein Kostbar. Ich liebe dich = My precious. I love you
Moi zolotoj soldat = my golden soldier
Nuzhdat'sya v chto-libo = I need it

jimcarla@hotmail.com

Sharpe's Scoundrel VI: Tryst

Address: jimcarla@hotmail.com
Rating: very NC-17 Slash—male/male sex
Summary: An alternate universe X-files/Sharpe crossover. Former lovers forgive some transgressions and come to an understanding. Naughty stuff happens.
Date: January 2000
Notes: It's England. It's 1989. For just over half a year a Russian spy, Alex Krycek (from the X- files), worked within a British special ops team. Some time ago his lover/team-partner dumped him in order to marry a woman for the sake of appearances. That event prompted Alex to blow off his cover and leave England. That lover, an alternate universe version of Richard Sharpe (from the British series 'Sharpe') suffered career damage because of the affair with the double agent. Oh gosh, it has more than one scene to it this time !!! This is the fifth story in my pwp series 'Sharpe's Scoundrel'. The previous tales are archived on my homepage at:
http://members.dencity.com/CarlaJane/homepage.html
Disclaimers: Chris Carter, Fox, Bernard Cornwell, and the various actors, writers and producers own these characters. I don't. I just like playing with these two guys. No harm intended, 'kay?
At this point I would like to direct virtual hugs and kisses in the general direction of my beta readers, Erika and RazZadig. They did a lovely job cleaning up less than admirable grammer and pointing out where corrective attention was required.
Okay, on with the fun stuff...

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]