Go to notes and disclaimers


A Gathering of Scoundrels
by Carla Jane

An Interlude


The fish didn't seem to notice when Mulder flicked the shells of his sunflower seeds at the damned tank. Strange that they were accustomed to the abuse already. This lot of fish were pretty recent to his apartment.

Fuck, he was tired. Nothing was working tonight. He hadn't been able to get a decent night's sleep in what felt like forever. First there was the jaunt up to Alaska, and then he'd found himself dumped in Hong Kong, and finally he'd been forced to suffer through that horrendous trip home with that son of bitch, Sharpe. If the women hadn't been constantly in the way Mulder was certain the pair of them would have torn each other apart before they got out of Japan. Christ, he despised that smug, drunken, gutter-mouthed Englishman with more passion than he'd hated anyone in years.

Getting home hadn't helped. There was no sign of Victor, Alex, or their little sister anywhere.

Some interchangeable, big-boobed brunette was getting screwed through a wall in an even more interchangeable hotel room on the television. Mulder glanced from his fish tank over to the screen but it didn't hold his attention. It wasn't until the couple on the TV dropped onto the bed that anything about the scene interested him and even then, strangely enough, it was the rather tacky bedspread he noticed.

Victor.

Mulder was hit by a full out sensory-laden memory. He could practically taste Mansfield on his tongue. The bedspread was a perfect replica of the one he'd laid Victor down on in Atlantic City the last time they were alone together. The first time they had gone all the way. The feel of penetrating Victor. The sound of his lover's breath hitching as his body was breached. Fuck, Victor had been so tight, so hot, writhing underneath Mulder's body.

Without thinking about it Mulder's hand slid down his stomach and under the waistband of his sweatpants. He closed his eyes, banishing the twinge of guilt pushing at the back of his mind. Mulder needed this too much. He rebuilt the scene with care, imagining his lover spread out below him, nude and hungry.

Christ, Victor was sweet, not like Alex. Mulder shuddered. That stray thought was a mistake. Victor's blissful expression morphed into Alex's sly, taunting magnetism. The hotel room melted away leaving the cold rattle of the back of the truck that had taken them to Tunguska.

Mulder's cock jumped even higher in response to the change and he released it, punishing himself. Pressing his palms into his eyes, he concentrated on dragging his imagination back to the hotel room. He listened hard for the voices stored in the back of his mind. That evening had been so intense, he'd etched every moment of it into his memory. Seeing Victor stretched on the bed without a stitch of clothing on for the very first time had made his entire body thrum with excitement.

Mulder relived exploring Victor's fine form all over again, using his memory to linger even longer than he'd been able to manage when it had been real. He'd been too anxious that night, too eager to taste and feel everything. Mulder hadn't been able to resist the act that groping in alleys, dark bars and the back seats of cars had denied him. He'd been desperate to slide inside his lover's body.

Victor's legs had spread without hesitation and his hips had tipped up in invitation.

When Mulder had rubbed his finger over the tight pucker, it had provoked a plea.

"I want you. Do it." Victor's soft whisper made Mulder's head spin.

"Victor." Mulder murmured the name into the flesh of the other's inner leg. He couldn't say it enough for his lover's piece of mind. It was continual reassurance that Mulder knew exactly who he was with. "Wonderful, lovely Victor."

A tube of slick lay near at hand, a promise of what they were going to do together. Mulder's hand shook as he grabbed after it. He fumbled with the lid, and then soiled the tacky bedspread underneath them by squeezing too hard.

A thick groan broke Victor's throat when the first finger breached him. "C'mon, Mulder. Oh God!" His legs shivered and Victor grabbed mindlessly at Mulder.

"You're so tight." Mulder hadn't expected it, but it pleased him beyond all reason to realise how hard it was going to be to make this work. Not that Alex wasn't a sweet fuck, but this kind of constriction was almost unreal. "How long have you been waiting for me?"

Victor moaned. "Too long. Give me more."

Mulder used the stretching as foreplay, twisting first one, and then the other finger to make the body under him tremble with excitement. Both of them were drenched with sweat by the time Mulder's three fingers pulled out and he crawled up to lock their mouths together. Legs bent backwards and Mulder's cock began to slide in. He dragged his lips down over that small chin and sucked hard at the throat that lay exposed for his pleasure.

Mulder's body finally drew flush with his lover's. The first few thrusts took what felt like forever and the breathy little gasps they caused burned up Mulder's spine. His brain was disconnecting, almost overloaded by the pleasure of their bodies finally being joined.

"Mulder. Jeez, Mulder... do me faster. I can take it."

"So fucking sweet. Oh Alex..."

The body under him flinched and then went rigid.

"Well, it looks like yer fucked up that one, Yank." A strong hand threaded into Mulder's hair, dragging him back and off Victor. The sudden loss of heat and pressure was shattering.

Mulder found himself tossed away from the bed and over to the wall as if he were no heavier than a rag doll.

"It's not enough you mess up with one of 'em, but you gotta screw up with the other one too. Yer a bloody idiot." Major Richard Sharpe's blond head shook and he glared down at Mulder. "But not to worry, Yank. I'll see to the twins from now on. You jest take yerself back to yer dirty movies and leave the real thing to the grown-ups."

Mulder's mouth worked but no sound would emerge. He tried to stand but his legs wouldn't work either. Mulder couldn't even bring himself to look away as that filthy, British bastard climbed onto the bed beside his sweet Victor.

"Been lookin' forward to making your acquaintance, Victor." Sharpe crawled up the bedspread to get a better look.

Denial roared inside Mulder's head but he couldn't push it past his lips. Victor would never do this. He wouldn't lie there and let this complete stranger skim callused hands over his body.

"I'm not Alex."

The statement was too calm. Why wasn't Victor grabbing after his gun and shoving this rough-faced blond away?

"I know," Sharpe confirmed. "Yer someone altogether different. I can see that at one glance. Pity the Yankee can't." Sharpe shifted, catching Victor's legs and parting them once more. "And 'e never will. You don't wanna be bothered with him anymore. Lemmie have at you, Victor."

Mulder managed, by bracing his back against the wall, to push himself up a few inches. He shouldn't have bothered. The sight before him made his heart squeeze. When the fuck had the Brit's clothing disappeared? The sight of Sharpe's erection pushing into the body that had been squirming below him only moments ago scalded Mulder.

Victor growled and his arms lifted to catch at his brand new lover. "God, Richard, that feels so much better. Right there. That's the spot."

"Stop it! Leave him alone." Mulder found his voice but it was mere croak when he wanted to scream and rage.

They ignored him completely, being too involved in each other. Sharpe was up on his knees and Victor was almost doubled over. Blunt-nailed fingers smoothed across, down, and around the head Victor's of cock, slicking precome all over the reddened skin.

"Are you still here?"

The smoky voice tickled right into the shell of Mulder's ear. He tried to turn his head but couldn't. Still, it didn't matter. There was no way he'd ever mistake Krycek's husky tones for anyone else.

"Don't you realise it's over? You had your chance. You had every chance and you fucked up again, Foxy." Alex climbed to his feet, pausing to give the immobile man time to stare up at him.

It wasn't right that something so beautiful should be so evil. It wasn't fair that even as Krycek's tarnished soul became more obvious he grew even more seductive.

"It's because you're a pervert, Foxy." Alex laughed and padded over to the couple on the bed. His hand reached out to skate down Sharpe's slick, heaving back. "After all this is your imagination, not mine. If it were mine... I'd be in the middle of this and you'd have one less arm." A fire lit up those demon green eyes of Alex's. "Now there's an idea and a half. Can I borrow your gun, Victor?"

"Yeah.." Groans of pleasure salted the words. "Anything. God, he's good, Alex." Victor's head tossed as the cock stroking into his body slowed down, tormenting him. He clutched at the Englishman. "Oh my..."

Alex's mouth on Victor's muffled the exclamation. The identical men shared a passionate kiss, exploring each other's mouths even as Sharpe continued to fuck Victor.

Mulder wailed, unsure if the sight infuriated him or if it was hotter than anything he'd ever seen in his life. The noise dragged Alex's attention back Mulder.

"Oh yeah..." The gun lifted casually and Krycek kept firing at the same target until he'd emptied the clip.

Pain tore through Mulder's upper left arm. The scream he let out would have brought Scully running if she were in the next hotel room. As it was only the bubbling of the filter on the fish tank and the artificial moans of yet another silicon endowed nymphet greeted Mulder's abrupt awakening.

Mulder bolted upright and had time to turn his head before the pizza he'd eaten several hours earlier spewed up and onto the floor. He fell off the couch, narrowly missing the mess he'd just created and practically crawled into the bathroom.

Dragging himself into the shower, Mulder turned both taps on full blast, careless of the temperature. The soap escaped his nerveless fingers, falling to the floor as he tried to grab it. His track pants slopped down to his ankles, a sodden mess, which Mulder shoved aside with one foot.

The water rinsed vomit, sweat and, most embarrassing of all, ejaculate, off his body and down the drain. As the temperature slowly warmed, Mulder sank down to sit under the spray with his face buried in his arms.

xx

Happy birthday (past tense) Erika

Milk and cookies time

A Gathering of Scoundrels Book VII: A Closing Tempest

This was written for Erika E's birthday last week. Thank you for sharing o' best beloved.
An X-files/Once a thief/Sharpe crossover
Rated: NC17
Summary: a little snippet that occurs after Mulder and the chicks get home, but before Alex and Victor finish in Columbia
Disclaimer: I own nothing

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]