Go to notes and disclaimers


Getting to Know You
by Amy B


Mulder awoke to afternoon sun and an unusual warmth next to him. He rolled over and had to shake his head at the sight that greeted him. Alex Krycek was in his bed and sound asleep from the looks of it. Alex Krycek was in his bed... naked. Alex, who didn't seem ever to relax his guard fully, even in sleep.

Although he hoped it would become a more common occurrence, Mulder took advantage of the rare opportunity to study Alex without the force of his personality affecting his looks. Without the smirk, Alex's lips looked fuller and even sexier than usual. Mulder, with a peculiar bit of pride, gave their earlier kisses at least some of the credit, for the lush pinkness and faint surrounding whisker burn, if nothing else. Without expression, his face was surprisingly smooth. How could someone so dangerous look so untouched? Mulder would have thought those interesting little lines were more permanent, but he knew they would be one day, if Krycek managed to live long enough.

Shaking off the potentially distressing thought, Mulder raised his attention up to the nose. That pointy little inconsequential nose certainly had a talent for sniffing out trouble or intruding into Mulder's business, a fact the agent had actually appreciated on a few occasions, not that he would ever admit it to the man sleeping beside him.

He studied Alex's eyes next. Without being the focus of the intense stare that seemed to examine the depths of his soul, Mulder could objectively appreciate the long black lashes, thicker than any girl ever dreamed of. The arching brows that could convey so much with just a twitch were...

Mulder's thoughts drifted away when those eyes opened suddenly and pinned him with an alert stare. One minute Alex was dead to the world, and the next, as if a switch had been flipped, he was awake and completely aware.

"Hello," murmured Mulder as his appreciative gaze ran slowly down to where the sheet pooled at Alex's hips.

Watching in bemusement as Alex jerked the sheet up to his neck, Mulder held back a laugh and said, "What have you got to be modest about? We've got all the same stuff, and yours looks really good."

"It's not modesty exactly."

"Well, what is it exactly?" asked Mulder as he tugged at the sheet. "Come on, let me see you."

"It's just that I'm... and you're so... perfect."

Mulder frowned as Alex let go of the sheet and continued quietly, "And I'm not."

"I'm not either." Pulling the sheet from the unresisting grip, Mulder brushed his fingers lightly over a scar on Alex's side just below his ribs. "Where'd you get this one?"

Alex turned his head away and said, "Hong Kong. It was just a flesh wound."

"Small caliber gunshot?" The professional agent could speak clinically of such things, while the lover cringed inwardly at the very idea.

Alex nodded and a muscle in his jaw jumped.

Running one fingertip down the shiny pale pink scar on Alex's left shoulder, Mulder murmured, "And this one? Tunguska?"

Again, Alex nodded silently, but Mulder saw his lower lip tremble before tightening and pressing against his teeth.

Knowing he should stop, but feeling oddly compelled, Mulder glanced down the length of his new lover, moved his hand across a thigh, and said, "What about this? This was a knife, right?"

"Bayonet."

"What?" exclaimed Mulder, not sure whether to believe it. "Where would you get an injury from one of those?"

"The Gulf." All but whispering, Alex glanced sharply at Mulder before his gaze skittered away to settle on some spot in the middle distance.

"The Persian Gulf? You were in the Gulf War?" Mulder was really struggling to keep his disbelief from showing.

"No, the Redneck Riviera. Of course, I meant the Persian Gulf, but it wasn't the war," sighed Krycek tiredly.

"But why were you there? When was it? What..."

"Look, I really don't want to talk about this, Sni— Mulder." Alex's voice sounded as if it were being pulled forcibly from his throat. "I couldn't tell you if I wanted to."

"Shh, it's okay." Mulder wrapped his arms around the other man, burying his face in rumpled dark hair as he continued, "We don't— you don't have to. I was just curious about your life."

"These scars are not my life. They're just damage... unpleasant reminders of some of the worst parts of it."

"I don't know about that. They're proof of what all you've survived. How much strength you have. In warrior societies, scars earned in battle are badges of honor and looked upon with great favor."

"Honor?" Krycek snorted. "What did honor ever get me? Doesn't keep you warm at night or feed you when you're hungry or hold you when you're hurt."

Smiling sadly, Mulder placed tender kisses on each mark he had mentioned and several that he didn't bother to ask about. Returning to his place, he turned Alex's face back to him for a long wet kiss, then broke the mood by saying, "How can you taste so good after all the things you've done with your mouth lately?"

"Like what... this?" asked Alex, diving under the sheets.

"Ummm, oh, that. That's good," gasped Mulder, trying to grab onto a coherent thought. Alex's skills made coherency impossible. "Oh, yeah, that's very, very... um, good."

Just as Mulder felt his orgasm gathering, Alex withdrew and popped out of the sheets like a demented prairie dog.

"Hey, that reminds me. I've got something for you. It's in the living room. I'll be right back." Gloriously and unashamedly naked, Alex climbed out of bed and left the room.

Resisting the temptation to finish himself off, Mulder cursed and gasped and tried to get his body under control in the brief moment allowed him. He was successful enough that when Alex returned with a fully packed overnight bag, he asked in his usual deadpan manner, "Feeling pretty sure of yourself?"

"No, not at all," grinned Alex, setting the bag on the bed. "Just being a good little Boy Scout."

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"I was a Cub Scout for awhile. I got kicked out for inciting a riot."

"Cub Scouts? So you would have been about what... five or six?"

"I was six and sick of Jamie Miller's mother's nasty oatmeal cookies. See, Trevor's mom would bring rice crispy treats, and Allen's mom made these homemade chocolate chip cookies. Everybody's mom brought something good except Jamie's. Her cookies were horrible. So I kind of got the other guys to protest and it got out of hand. But a Valium and a G&T and she was fine. I heard the next time it was her turn, she brought Oreos."

"What did your mother make?" Mulder asked, curious if Alex would even answer something personal.

"What else? Snickerdoodles," laughed Alex. "So I may not have made it to the Boy Scouts, but I am always prepared...or try to be."

Unzipping his suitcase and rummaging inside, Alex pulled out a bottle, which he displayed as if it were a fine wine. Mulder read the label, "Hot Damn! Hot Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur". Alex serenely suggested, "Maybe I was feeling sure of you."

"Uh, oh. Guess I better work on that. We don't want to lose the mystery so soon." He took the bottle with a bemused smile, and said, "So what do you want to do with this stuff? Something really kinky, right?"

"Well, I was thinking we could drink it, but, hey, kinky's good. The mystery is safe for awhile, Fox-don't-call-me-that."

"I have shot glasses, but they're probably pretty dusty." Mulder reluctantly sat up and tossed back the sheet. "I'll go see—"

"No, we don't need them just yet," muttered Alex, looking at Mulder's half-hard cock. "Lie back down for a minute."

Mulder shivered and complied, stretching out on his back. The longer Alex just stood watching him, the harder he got. He dragged his gaze away from the tempting man beside the bed, and glanced up into the mirror, wondering once again where it had come from. He watched as Alex knelt on the bed and bent over his chest. The cool liqueur dribbling over his heated skin was pleasant enough, but the hot tongue that licked it off his nipples had him biting his lip to stifle a moan. And when the mouth closing over his dribbled a trail of liquid fire down his throat he did moan—loudly. Alex pulled back and grinned at him. Mulder gasped, "What the hell—"

"Take a deep breath, Snickerdoodle," suggested Alex, taking a swig of the liqueur and demonstrating. Inhaling deeply caused the cinnamon flavor to burst through Mulder's mouth, lessening the burn on his tongue while intensifying it in his throat. It was quite enjoyable, so Mulder grabbed the bottle for another hit. The alcohol hitting his stomach was a warm wave washing through his middle, accompanied by the sharper jags of sensation caused by Alex's mouth, filled again with the drink, engulfing his cock.

He reached out to stroke Alex's hair, his back, a thigh, anything he could reach. The extra wet heat of Alex's mouth had him writhing, desperate to thrust, but afraid that Alex would stop if he did. He held his hips as still as he could and wondered if he was supposed to feel anything special from the liqueur on his cock. The look on Alex's face as he pulled away and drew in a gusty breath suggested he had certainly gotten something exceptional from the experience.

Mulder tilted his head back and watched in the mirror as Alex moved between his legs, took another sip then went down on Mulder again. This time he didn't stop to breathe, just sucked and licked until Mulder came screaming into the pillow hastily shoved over his face. Vaguely aware of Alex licking him clean then moving up beside him, Mulder opened his mouth at the whispered command and drank down more of the burning pale red liquid, shuddering lightly as it seared his throat. He licked the faintly sweet taste off his lips and whispered roughly, "That was incredible. Where'd you— no, I don't want to know. Thank you. I'll... uh, return the favor as soon as I get the strength to move."

"That's fine. I can wait. We'll just keep drinking, and since neither of us have eaten all day, getting a nice little buzz shouldn't take too long. You're all right, Fox."

"-don't-call-me-that," completed Mulder with a giddy laugh from the orgasm and the alcohol on the aforementioned empty stomach.

"You could have been really fucked up from all the weird stuff that's happened to and around you, but you're not...really." He passed the bottle to Mulder. "You seem to cope, unless you're saving it all up to take into the clock tower along with a sniper rifle." He took the offered bottle, did the drink-and-breathe, then passed it back to Mulder. "If that's the case, just tell me when and I'll get you a good deal. Seriously though, you're fun when you're not hitting me. I like you, so, even though it is so much fun, maybe I won't try to fuck with your head quite as much anymore."

"Why should you when you can fuck with my body instead?" Mulder laughed again.

"Excellent point, my friend. And I'm going to do just that... in a little while."

"No, no, it's my turn to do you next." Mulder sipped delicately from the bottle, running his tongue provocatively around the rim. He took another drink, then sucked a few inches of the bottle into his mouth, watching Alex through lowered lashes the whole time. He was delighted to notice that Alex's eyes were glued to his lips sliding along the cool brown glass. He let the bottle slide slowly from his lips with a soft pop, then offered it with as innocent a smile as he could manage.

Alex groaned and took the bottle and several fast swallows, gasping for breath as tears sprang to his eyes giving them a crystalline sheen. Mulder rolled closer and covered those wet pink lips with his own, lapping at the liquor and nipping and sucking Alex's kiss-bruised lower lip between his teeth. They kissed until they were both breathless, and Mulder lay back against his pillow.

He looked up at their reflections in the mirror above his bed, happy for the moment to just be. He gave Alex a soft little smile, sharing the contented feeling. He was vaguely surprised to get a narrow, contemplative look in return. He settled back with a sigh and waited for Alex to say whatever was on his mind.

"Mulder, this is going to sound disgustingly sappy— I shouldn't even be telling you this..." Alex drew a deep breath and, with intoxicated precision, said, "For the last four, five years, you have been my light. The thing beyond survival that kept me focused through all the weird and difficult times. Sometimes the thought of you was the only light that got through."

Mulder's throat tightened and he cleared it to speak, but Krycek wasn't finished.

"Just so you know, this is no declaration of unending devotion born of love at first sight. Sometimes it was jealousy or anger or a desire for revenge that kept me going."

Mulder filed away the remark about jealousy for further analysis then grinned and said, "If you keep telling me how much you don't love me, I'm liable to get my heart broken. Your protests are sounding pretty weak there, Sparky."

"What? Nuh uh. I don't know what you're talking about and I certainly don't—"

"Yes, you do." Mulder laughed in Alex's face, delighted at the cornered look in his eyes.

"No, I don't."

"Oh, yes, Alexei-Alexander-Sparky-Krycek, you do."

"No I don't. You're drunk."

"So are you and yes you do."

Alex straightened himself up against the pillows and said belligerently, "Yeah, so maybe I do love you, so the fuck what?"

"I have something—" Mulder turned to open the drawer of his nightstand. "-that you may recognize." He drew out the velvet glove that Alex had sent him and turned to dangle it in front of his startled lover's face.

"What— That's all you have to say?"

"Yes. For the moment. Did you really want to get into a discussion about feelings?"

Alex shuddered and said, "I'd rather have a tooth pulled than talk about feelings."

"That's what I thought. Take this." He dropped the glove on Alex's chest with an anticipatory smirk. "You know what to do."

"What?" Alex stared back with a confused look in his eyes. Mulder raised an eyebrow and watched as comprehension slowly dawned on the fine features.

"Yep. Exactly what you meant for me to do with it," Mulder confirmed the other man's suspicions.

"You said you'd do me next."

"I want to see you do yourself. Just do what you were doing those times we talked on the phone and the night you came to my car. Or should I say, the night you came in my car? You remember that, don't you?"

Alex broke into a leering grin and nodded. "Oh, yeah. That was fun. I saw your cock and knew I was going to get my mouth on it sooner or later."

"And so you did. But right now, let's have some more of that fun. Show me your technique."

"Aren't you going to...?"

"No, I already came. Besides, you know I like to watch. Put the glove on, Alex," ordered Mulder softly.

"When did you get so bossy? I thought I was in charge of this relationship." Alex complained, but he followed the orders without argument. Mulder watched avidly as Alex wiggled those long elegant fingers into the soft black velvet. He'd always gotten a secret thrill watching Alex's strong expressive hands, and now he would see them pleasuring his body in ways Mulder had only imagined.

Alex grinned and suggested he look in the bed's mirror for a better view. Lying back on the pillows, Mulder happily complied. He had a complete view of Alex this way, from his almost-black hair sticking up in a cowlick over his left eye down to his pale little toes sticking out of the crumpled sheets.

Mulder's gaze followed Alex's hands in the mirror, the distance and reversed perspective giving the actions a dreamy feeling of unreality, as did the contrast of the dark gloved hand moving over the winter pale skin of Alex's torso. The small brown nipples rose eagerly into the velvet touch. The bare left hand brushed lightly over his thigh edging ever closer to the erection straining for a touch, any touch that would bring relief.

Mouth open in a sympathetic gasp, Mulder licked his lips as he watched the velvet fingertips stroke slowly over Alex's stomach to dart lightly from cock to balls and back again in teasing touches. After interminable minutes, the taunting fingers wrapped around Alex's rampant erection, and his groan was almost drowned out by Mulder's.

Mulder was surprised to find his cock filling anew, and moved one hand to stroke it, idly at first then more deliberately as Alex brought his bare hand over to take Mulder's free one. Gasping and almost laughing at times, the two men watched in the mirror as they held hands and jerked off. The beautiful sight and heart-rending sounds of Alex's orgasm sent Mulder right over the same jagged edge.

Alex languidly waved the gloved hand at Mulder, who said, "You are going to get that cleaned, aren't you?"

"I didn't come on it." Alex motioned at his belly.

"Oh. Well, I can take care of that for you," offered Mulder generously, rolling over to lick at the semen trails. When Alex let out a lush sigh, he smiled against the damp skin, then nipped at Alex's belly button, causing the other man to squirm under him.

"This is all very decadent, Fox-don't-call-me-that. Do you often spend entire Saturdays in bed?"

Mulder snorted and said, "I thought you knew everything about me."

"Truthfully? Not quite as much as I'd like to know, but possibly more than I should." Alex shrugged and continued before Fox could question him. "I'm starving. Think we could get someone to deliver right to the bed, so we wouldn't even have to answer the door?"

"No. But I might be persuaded to make the supreme sacrifice of dressing to get up and pay the delivery person."

"I hear an 'if' in your voice..."

"If you'll tell me more... about being a Cub Scout."

"You want to hear about a bunch of six-year olds in matching uniforms doing arts and crafts? You are so weird Mulder, but, lucky for you, I like that in a guy."

"Oh, yeah, I— I feel real lucky right now. I'll pay for dinner if you'll tell me another thing."

"What now? The fourth grade spelling bee? My senior prom?" Alex laughed.

"Polo on Fridays."

"All right. Over dinner."

Half an hour later, the two men sat hunched over Mulder's table, scarfing down mu shu pork, five flavored vegetables, cashew chicken, and fried rice, as if they never expected to have food ever available again. In between eating and gulping down bottled water, Alex told Mulder some of what he wanted to hear about his childhood, or at least what he was brave enough to ask.

Finally Alex pushed his plate away and said, "When I was a young agent—"

"FBI, KBG, or something else entirely?" Mulder asked, only half joking.

Alex shot him a quelling look and said, "When I was a young FBI agent, I knew a guy. We had a standing date every Thursday night, and I would spend the night at his place. He wore Polo."

"So you would borrow his cologne on Friday morning as you got ready for work?"

"Yeah. That's all there was to it. Are you disappointed?"

"No, I don't believe so. Who was this guy what was he like?"

"He was quiet— a good guy, very smart. He was about 6' 1", had medium brown hair and hazel eyes. He had a swimmer's build, or maybe a runner's. He liked to do both. Not really traditionally handsome, I thought he was gorgeous anyway." Alex smiled softly at the tabletop and said, "He treated me well, even though he knew I couldn't love him. We had fun together."

"So what happened?"

"Well, when I had to leave town rather suddenly, we broke it off. It was as amiable a breakup as the entire relationship had been. I heard that he got married a few months later. I hope he's happy."

"That's generous of you."

"You don't have to sound so damned surprised. I have my moments. They're extremely rare, but I've got 'em."

"Yeah, I guess even the most hardened criminal can have moments of nobility."

Alex's head tilted and his eyes narrowed as he exclaimed, "Hey! I'm not a—"

"I know," Mulder interrupted. "I was just kidding. I think you may have a lot more nobility than you would like people to know about."

"Yeah, I'm a noble savage all right, but let's keep it between us, okay? I have an image to maintain."

"Oh, James Dean or James Bond?"

"Why can't I be both?"

Mulder laughed and said, "Okay, Jimmy. What do you want to do now?"

Alex gave him a look that seemed to question his intelligence. "Go back to bed, of course. What did you want to do, play Scrabble or something?"

"It wouldn't really be fair to you because foreign and swear words aren't allowed." Mulder sighed and shrugged dramatically. "I guess that leaves going back to bed."

"I'm going to ignore that insult for now, but you will make it up to me later."

xx

The next time Mulder awoke, cool morning sunlight illuminated the empty bed. The nightstand was strewn with crushed sticky tissues, an empty liqueur bottle, and a couple of scrunched up gloves. He got up and slipped on a pair of jeans he found crumpled halfway under the bed. After checking the bathroom and kitchen, he wandered into the living room, but found it as empty as the bed had been. Alex had gone, and there was no trace of his presence anywhere in the apartment except for the bedroom. Mulder shook his head and almost laughed at what that said about their budding relationship.

Opening the door, he bent down to pick up the Sunday newspaper and felt something poke his thigh from inside his pants. He straightened up and stuck his hand into his pocket. Deep in the very bottom, his fingers wrapped around a small metal object. He pulled out a silvery key, an ordinary key that might open a door or a deadbolt. Mulder had never seen it before, knew it wasn't his, and wondered exactly when he'd worn these jeans last.... He returned it to his pocket for the time being.

Glancing over the front page, he went to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, then went into the living room to wait for it to finish brewing. He tossed the paper on the coffee table and turned on the computer to check his e-mail. He read through an interesting thread on the UFO abductees' list on his Yahoo account, and deleted some of the porn offers on his Juno account, keeping the more interesting ones.

After fixing a cup of coffee, he checked his official mailbox. He scrolled quickly through the in-box, but found nothing urgent so he started back at the top of the list. Taking a sip of the steaming coffee and hoping to get the energy to go for a run, he glanced at the side of the computer screen. He knew something was different from usual, but couldn't quite place it. He read through a couple more messages, then looked at the folder list again. He noticed his Drafts folder had an unread message in it, and that's what was bothering him. He hadn't left anything in there. He opened the folder and read the message. He smiled at Alex's sneakiness, even though he was irritated that his spyboy lover had been hacking around in his computer. Why couldn't he have left a note on the pillow like a normal person?

Although it had been instantly immortalized in his memory, he reread the message, taking out the key again and turning it over in his fingers as he did so. Alex gave him a week to find him and use the key, but Mulder gave himself two days, three tops.

The hunt was on, and Mulder could already smell victory. He drained his coffee and went to put on his running clothes. He suddenly felt very energized.

Mulder was sure this was going to be a very interesting week.

xx

Part X

jb7811@bellsouth.net

Series: Bits & Pieces #9
Rating: NC-17
Feedback greatly appreciated (and answered) at jb7811@bellsouth.net
Disclaimer: The Boys belong to CC, 1013, Fox, etc. I make no profit from this little venture.
Warnings: Alex has two arms, but other than that... I can't think of any. Oh yes, don't try this at home. Only fictional characters should get drunk on this stuff.
Spoilers: None really.
Notes: Thanks to Nicole and mouse for stupendous beta. Mistakes remain my own. It was Beckie who got the Boys drunk. I had nothing to do with it. It was all her fault. She had no idea what seeds of destruction were planted with just that little bit of information. She'll know better next time not to tell me these things, informative though they may be.
Summary: A same day continuation of #8. Mulder learns a bit more about his new lover.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]