Go to notes and disclaimers


All in the Hands
by Amy B


Mulder stared up into shadowed green eyes with a fatalistic sense of resignation. How many more times would he be knocked on his ass—both literally and figuratively— by this man? How many more times would he have his own gun pointed at him in the dark? Would he get another kiss this time? He hoped so with some self-destructive impulse that seemed to get stronger every year. Hell, every day.

He closed his eyes on a sigh, wondering if this time he would catch a bullet or something even more disturbing. When he opened his eyes, they were inexorably drawn to the hand holding the gun. His own gun, damn it. Long blunt fingers wrapped around the Sig in a light grip as if the gun were being caressed or fondled instead of pointed with deadly accuracy at Mulder's heart. It looked oddly sensual, almost... sexual.

Mulder muffled a gasp as he felt a stirring in his loins. Surely he couldn't be getting excited by having a gun held on him. After all, it happened on a weekly basis. But the adrenalin of the chase certainly seemed to be mutating into a much different hormonal response.

He kept his eyes on the hand holding his weapon. The hand was not exactly elegant but more sturdy. A hand that could break a man's neck. Or be incredibly tender on a man's—Mulder silenced the perverted little voice before it could make him any harder with its traitorous yapping. Unfortunately, the mental image of those long strong fingers wrapped around his cock had settled into his brain and didn't seem inclined to leave.

Oh, yeah he could tell that he would suffer for awhile as he shifted on the cold broken asphalt of the alleyway to relieve the pressing hardness in his pants.

A voice like pure black velvet said, "Mulder, you have a problem holding on to your weapon that's gonna get you killed one day. I swear you oughta tape this gun to your hand."

"Is today the day Krycek?"

"Don't you get it yet? I won't be the one to kill you. I may even be the one to save you."

"Then why are you holding a gun on me?" asked Mulder as he slowly rose to his feet holding his hands out to the sides in a gesture that was not quite surrender.

"Because I can, mostly." Krycek's smirk was barely visible in the dim light filtering in from the distant streetlights. "Why am I here at all? To tell you that you don't want to catch those guys you were chasing."

"They have information—"

"No, they have orders."

"To kill me?"

"I'm not sure but I do know they're supposed to pass along some... disinformation." The velvety voice went gently mocking as he sing-songed, "More lies for Mulder."

"You'd know about that wouldn't you, you ratbastardmotherfuckingcocksucker?" sneered Mulder but it was from habit and defensiveness more than any real venom.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Mulder was sure there was a faint thread of surprise in Krycek's voice, but he was quickly losing patience. He was about to snap again, then Krycek did that... that thing. That thing with his gun. He uncocked it then turned his hand over until the weapon swung harmlessly from his trigger finger. Offering it up like a gift.

Mulder felt his face flush with the little bit of blood that hadn't rushed to his groin. He almost moaned aloud at his own perversity. The man was so unconsciously sexy that Mulder wondered how he walked down the street unmolested.

"Take it Mulder. You know I won't shoot you," sighed Krycek pushing the gun sideways into the agent's chest.

Mulder just stood and stared at the green-eyed demon before him and muttered, "Why?"

"Why what?" Krycek was either maddeningly obtuse or severely irritating. How could he still be so damned fascinating?

"Why?" Mulder shook his head and stuttered out some of the questions trying to pierce the sensual fog that seemed to have enveloped his brain. "Why take my gun? Why not shoot me? Why are you here damn it?"

Krycek stepped back as Mulder finally took the weapon in his own lax grip. He smiled a rather friendly smile and said, "I like you Mulder. Your innocence and idealism are a constant surprise after what all you've seen and kinda refreshing if dangerous. I took your gun so you wouldn't hit me and because I can and well, it's fun. I won't shoot you because... well, that's a bit more complicated and I don't think I want you to know too much. You're dangerous enough as it is."

"Dangerous to you or the men you work for?" Mulder asked feeling desperately confused and unsure why.

Krycek clicked his tongue against his teeth and grinned, "You don't want to know. Just remember, don't catch the guys you were chasing, got it?" He started to drift back into the darkness.

Mulder snapped to attention as he heard Scully's voice call from the street, "I think I lost them. Mulder, what are doing in there?"

Mulder looked around at the empty shadows and said sadly, "Nothing, I guess."

He holstered his weapon and went to join his partner thinking What the hell just happened?

xx

Part II

jb7811@bellsouth.net

Rated R for a certain G-Man's language.
Disclaimer: I don't own them but I wonder if CC has ever considered renting them out... I've got about a buck and a half and a demented cat to spare. I really hope I did this right...

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]