Go to notes and disclaimers


Night's Caress
by Amanda


Exhaustion. Bone deep, muscle melting, mind numbing exhaustion. It seemed to be the only thing Fox Mulder knew, the only thing that existed. He had been on what Scull would colorfully refer to as a 'wild unethical goose chase,' which had yield absolutely nothing that he didn't already know. After four days of being chased, shot at, yelled at, attacked, berated, beaten, and lied to, all Mulder wanted to do was fall into his couch and sleep for the next month.

Reaching into his jacket to produce the keys to his apartment even took more effort then he was willing to produce at the moment. He did however manage to pull it off. Mulder walked into his darkened apartment, shutting the door softly behind him.

It was only then that he noticed a faint glowing from the direction of his bedroom. Sighing audibly, Mulder shuffled towards his bedroom door, which was opened just enough to allow some of the light to escape through. Mulder pushed the door opened and gasped at the sight that awaited him.

Hundreds of candles of every shape and size littered the room. Resting on the bed side table, the dresser, the floor... everywhere. Breathing deep, Mulder found that the candles released a sweet beeswax essence, that seemed to ease some of the tension from his weary body. With the candles were rose petals... thousands of them scattered over the bed. Which, Mulder noticed, had been made up with black sheets. Fox moved closer to the bed and let his fingers drift over the sheets... silk. The solid blackness of the sheets, and the deep blood red of the rose petals were a stunning contrast.

Not half as stunning, however, as the man who stood naked in the one darkened corner of the room. His face was hidden in the mass of shadows, but his body was outlined with the warm light of the candles. Shoulders that held the weight of the world, yet only seemed to grow stronger in there resolve under each attack. Powerful arms, crossed over a broad hairless chest that stretched downward, narrowing into sharp hipbones, then extending into long sturdy legs. The candle light painted the muscles in the chest and stomach, brushing each span of flesh with golden hues. A patch of dark hair, that shimmered with red highlights, cradled the long, heavy erection that the man of shadows was sporting.

Mulder thought fleetingly that he should go for his gun... or that he should fear the man who stood so brazenly exposed a few feet away from him. Both seemed to require too much movement, so instead Fox decided to do nothing, and see how this all played out. The 'shadow man,' as Mulder had come to think of him, uncrossed his arms, and reached a hand out to Mulder. Silently requesting permission to continue, without interruption... without conflict. Fox looked at the extended hand, with its long elegant fingers, and empty palm. Fox reached his own hand forward, and slid it into 'shadow man's.' Entwining their fingers, and feeling the strong, almost desperate grip that greeted him.

Still griping his hand, Mulder was spun around. 'Shadow man' then released his grip on Mulder, remaining behind him, and therefore, out of sight. 'Shadow man' eased Mulder's jacket off of his shoulders, allowing the fabric to puddle on the floor. He then reached around Mulder's chest, and started undoing the tie. Each brush of fingertips on skin sent a wave of excitement through Mulder, causing him to unconsciously arch into the caress.

"I am going to tell you a story," The smooth baritone startled Mulder slightly, his involuntary sharp intake of breath ignored by the man behind him. "All you have to do, is relax and listen to it," the tie fell to the floor and 'shadow man' moved onto the buttons of Mulder's shirt. "No thinking, no questions, no comments," clever fingers released each plastic disk from their cloth prison. Nails scratching over each bit of exposed skin caused Mulder to shiver, "Just feel the words." The cotton dress shirt fell off of his shoulders, exposing his chest to the cool air of the room. Hands moved to his belt and quickly slipped it from around the agent's waist, the dull thud of the buckle hitting the floor seemed unnaturally loud. Soon the dress pants were pushed down his legs, followed with the removal of his boxers, shoes and socks. Leaving him as naked and aroused as the man behind him. "Just one more rule," 'shadow man' whispered, his arms coming up to circle around Mulder's bare chest, fingers knotting through sparse chest hair, "you don't look at me. all right?"

"All right." Mulder's voice sounded horse and strained to his own ears. He shuddered as warm silken lips pressed into this shoulder, moaned and he was pulled back against the hard wall of a chest for a brief, but strong hug. Fox shifted his hips and felt 'shadow man's' cock brush against the cleft of his ass, delighting in the smile he felt against the skin of his shoulder.

"Go lie down on your stomach." The soft command caused Mulder to practically purr with excitement. Fox walked to the bed, and knelt on the slippery black sheets, he contemplated rather or not to brush the roses aside. Shrugging mentally, Mulder smiled and laid down on his stomach, finding that he enjoyed the soft velvet like quality of the petals. He laid his head against the plush pillows and closed his eyes. Soon he felt the weight of 'shadow man' as he knelt over him on the edge of the bed. Mulder jumped slightly when he felt cool liquid being drizzled over his back, but relaxed once again when hands started rubbing the liquid into his tense muscles using long deep strokes. Mulder was just starting to relax into a calm dream like state when the soft baritone floated into him once again.

xx

"Once, long ago in the time of Kings, Queens, Knights and Gods, there lived a young handsome Prince, who was beloved by his people, and worshipped by his court. This young Prince had shining hazel eyes and honey brown hair that shimmered like fresh wheat in the sun.

He was constantly sought after by the maidens, and even some of the young men of the land, however the young Prince remained horribly, terribly alone. No one could reach the young Prince's heart, no one could make him burn with passion, no one could make him feel loved. Yet, the Prince accepted his solitary life, accepted his loneliness, and did not feel the need to search for a companion. He wished to be alone forever.

xx

However, young Princes do not always get their wishes, for he had attracted the attention of a God named Amante. Amante had watched the young Prince for most of his life, finding that with each passing year he became more enamored with him. It hurt Amante to see the Prince so alone, it delighted him when he saw the young Prince smile, it enraged him when he saw the Prince hurt.

Amante felt a deep connection with the young Prince, something that went beyond lust, beyond love. One day Amante discovered that he could no longer survive without the young Prince. He desperately wanted to go to the young Prince, to take him into his arms and to shower him in his love. But that was easier said then done, for Gods were all beautiful creatures, Amante included. With his deep jade eyes, sable hair, and pale skin he could easily capture the heart of any mortal who happened to see him.

However Amante did not want the Prince desire with his appearance, he wanted the young man to want _him._ He wanted the Prince to fall in love with _him_, not lust for his body. Therefore, Amante decided to test the young Prince... if the Prince passed the test, then Amante would become his, body soul and mind for ever.

xx

The kingdom was asleep, silent and innocent under the large star sparkled sky. The young Prince however, twisted in his bed, haunted with nightmares that would terrorize the very bravest of men.

It was then that Amante decided to make his appearance. Silently, with a god's keenness, he slipped into the Prince's bed chamber, his heart wrenching in his chest when he saw the distressed young Prince. Amante slid into the bed behind the Prince and snaked his arms around the failing man, holding his still and calming him with his touch. Soon the Prince awoke, laying limply in the god's arms, enjoying this intimacy for the briefest of moments. Being held by Amante was something that the young Prince had never felt before. The support, love and caring that flowed into the young Prince startled and warmed the Prince's lonely heart.

The Prince attempted to spin around in Amante's embrace so that he might see who had saved him from his horrible nightmare, however his attempts were stopped by Amante. The inability to see who held him frightened the young Prince, and he began to struggle.

"Shhh. My precious Prince, do not fight me. I am here to help you, I am here to love you. Please don't be frightened." Amante brushed his long fingers through the Prince's soft hair. "I only want to love you my young Prince... take the loneliness away."

"Why won't you allow me to see you?"

Amante sighed, "I do not want you to look at me....not yet. Can you allow me that one condition? Can you get to know _me_ before you see me?" Amante ran his fingertips down the Prince's chest, prizing the strength in the muscles. Feeling overwhelming joy in the fact that he was here with his love. That he could touch, taste and listen to him, enjoy his young Prince to the fullest.

"Yes...I believe I can," the Prince whispered into the darkness, amazed by the gentleness of the unknown man's touch.

"Promise me my young Prince. Promise me you will not attempt to look at me, no matter what until I say you can." Amante ran his hands over the Prince's hip bones, falling in love with the smooth skin and sharp bone under his fingers. "Promise me, and I will stay with you every night. I will chase your nightmares away and never leave you, you will never be alone again."

The young Prince took a deep breath and then burrowed deeper into Amante's arms, finding comfort for the first time in a long time.

"I promise."

xx

Amante kept his word and came to the young Prince ever night. Each time he would come the young Prince and he would talk for hours, hold onto each other and enjoy each others presence. But not once did Amante allow the young Prince to see him.

The nights passed, and slowly the young Prince started to feel safer and calmer in Amante's embrace. He discovered that he hungered for the mysterious man with every fiber of his being, wanting to be with this man for the rest of his life. Needing to be with him for eternity. The Prince found that the mysterious man completed him, he filled the emptiness that had always haunted the Prince's heart. He made him whole.

One particular night, Amante and the young Prince were laying in each others arms, and the Prince decided to tell Amante what he had come to realize. The Prince turned to his faceless shadowed lover and spoke softly, "I love you, my mysterious savior. I want you... I need you. Forever."

Overjoyed, Amante allowed his hands to wander over the Prince's body, caressing every inch of skin, tasting anything his mouth could reach. Pulling the young Prince's body into his own, and causing him to whimper in pleasure. Safe in the darkness, assured that he could not be clearly seen, Amante turned the Prince onto his back and showered his face with small kisses. "I love you too my Prince, my heart. Let me show you how much..." Amante whispered hotly, mouth attaching to the young Prince's chest. Tasting the golden skin that he had been obsessed with since he could remember, feeling the pliant flesh mold under his teeth, inhaling the richness of his Prince as he writhed in pleasure beneath him. Sobbing out words of devotion and love as Amante continued to drive the young Prince out of his mind. Tasting, biting, licking, sucking, feeling, touching... everywhere.

Amante slithered down the Prince's sinuous body stopping only when he reached the Prince's heavy erection. Amante blew cool air over the heated flesh, traced soft circles around it's base with the very tips of his fingers, tongued the small slit that wept pearl like droplets. Finding himself hopelessly addicted to the taste, Amante swallowed his lover whole, causing a strangled cry to tear from the Prince's throat. Amante swirled his tongue around the Prince's shaft, swallowing to massage the sensitive head. The Prince arched off the bed, screaming his pleasure as he came, shooting bitter liquid down the god's throat.

Amante smiled around the now softening flesh, lapping at it and cleaning the Prince. Moving up the exhausted body, Amante clamed the Prince's mouth, allowing his taste to be shared and running his tongue over the passion swollen lips.

Amante pulled his half conscious lover into his arms, content just to hold him close and fell into a deep peaceful sleep. Tomorrow night, Amante decided, he would revel himself to his love, feeling safe in the fact that he could trust the Prince.

xx

Later that night the Prince awoke to find himself wrapped in the tight hold of his lovers arms. The young Prince had never felt such joy before, he was amazed by the depth of feeling that the mysterious man was able to invoke in him.

Yet one thought plagued the young Prince's mind. He had not yet seen his lover and the curiosity was maddening. Deciding that taking a quick look without the man's knowledge would not _really_ be breaking his promise, the young Prince reached over to the small table beside his bed and lit a candle. Bringing the strong flame over to his lover, the Prince was greeted with the most amazing beauty he had ever seen. So surprised was the Prince that he gasped audibly, causing Amante to awaken.

Amante opened his jade eyes but instead of the love that the Prince had expected to be there, he saw only heart breaking pain and betrayal. The smile fell from the Prince's face and Amante pulled violently out of his arms, tears showing in his forest green gaze.

"How could you? How could you break your promise to me? My sweet Prince... I thought you were different...you lied to me." Amante whispered, pulling back into the shadows, tears streaming freely down his face now.

"No, my love... I... I didn't mean to..." The Prince searched desperately for the words to ease Amante's pain.

Amante turned and disappeared into the night, his sorrowful voice and desperately broken green gaze still haunting the Princes mind, never to return again. For the damage was done, the trust broken... the god's heart shattered."

xx

"Wait! It can't end like that," Mulder gasped, heart still aching for the poor Prince and his betrayed lover.

The hands that were still massaging Mulder's back slowed, "But it does. Not every tale ends happily."

Mulder let the silence fill the room for a few minutes, enjoying the relaxed state he was now in. "Amante means lover in Spanish you know."

Smooth laugh, "So it does." The massaging stopped, and Mulder felt the 'shadowed man' slide into the bed next to him, placing an arm around Fox's waist. Silence again, the soft flickering candle light creating strange yet soothing designs on the walls and ceiling.

"So. I've been good... I followed your rules. Can I see you?"

Silence. Then, very softly, "Yes."

Mulder turned over, facing his 'shadowed man' face to face, watching as the candle light flickered off of the insanely green eyes, and dark raven hair of none other than Alex Krycek. Fox smiled softly and brought his lips down to Alex's. He pulled his lover of three years into his embrace and buried his face into his neck. "Thank you for the story love." He whispered, tongue snaking out of his mouth to trace Alex's jaw.

Alex smiled and held his lover tighter, "Your very welcome baby."

"Hummm... if you ask me, I think our story turned out happily," Mulder murmured, already half asleep.

"Yes. I believe you're right." Alex smiled, leaning down and pressing his mouth to Fox's.

xx

A weak attempt at the Alexaian Nights Challenge, because I am desperate to see those T-shirts. [g]
Legal: I own nothing, nada, zip, zilch. smile
Spoilers: shrug If you know who Alex Krycek, and Fox Mulder are then you should be fine.
Rating: Nc-17 which means m/m sexual situations.
Archive: Terma; yes
The fairy-tale starts with ** and ends in **
Feedback: Please please please please! Even if it is only to yell at me. [g]

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]