Go to notes and disclaimers


Tulips
by Orithain


Part Three: Getting Ahead


After their last assignment Vic, Mac and Li Ann had actually been given a whole week off. Of course, Mac insisted that their real last assignment, or at least his and Vic's, had been to find out where they lived.

Once they found their way home, the next challenge was to try to sort out their belongings. Every box seemed to have been purposely mislabeled and the strangest things packed together. Vic had gone for three days without underwear before he found some of it along with his cooking knives and videocassettes in a box marked "Xmas decorations" that didn't actually contain a single Christmas decoration. While Mac had definitely not minded Vic not wearing any underwear, he was less happy about the wrinkles in his own clothes when he finally found them after two days of searching. Vic swore vengeance on Nathan, insisting that no one else could have come up with such an insane packing method.

Li Ann stopped by once to see how they liked the garden she had had planted for them, but finding them muttering direly as they were forced to unpack every box and repack things for storage, she didn't stay long.

By the time the Director called the team in for a briefing, Vic and Mac were looking forward to returning to work to recuperate. Once again Li Ann was the first one there, and she was sitting at the far end of the table, leaving two chairs side by side for Vic and Mac.

"Have any of you been reading the local papers?" As usual the Director got straight to the point, in her own unique way.

Vic shrugged. "Only what was wrapped around our stuff. And why were my shoes wrapped?"

"I wouldn't know. You'd have to ask the Cleaners. They did most of the packing."

"The Cleaners?!" Vic and Mac exclaimed in chorus. "They went through all our things?" "They packed that stuff together?" Their voices overlapped.

"Yes to all of the above. Now, could we possibly get past your domestic bliss and discuss the current situation." It was not a question. And once again, the Director had a hand on each man's shoulder. Both froze, looking out the corners of their eyes without moving their heads, their attention fixed on her gradually tightening grip. Satisfied that she had their undivided attention, the Director continued, "There's been a recent rash of scalpings in the area."

"Excuse me?" All three agents wondered if they had misheard her.

"That's right, I said scalpings. In the last week, there have been four murders, the victims, all bald or extremely short-haired men, have been attacked, knocked unconscious, scalped while still alive, then killed by having their throats cut. The attackers seem to believe they are Indian warriors, even dressing the part."

"If all the victims were killed," Li Ann started.

"There was another attempt last night, but this time the victim came to a little sooner than anticipated, and he survived. The attackers, unfortunately, escaped."

"Can we talk to the survivor?" Mac asked.

As he spoke, the door opened and Dobrinsky walked in, a bandage gleaming whitely around his nearly hairless pate. The three agents stared, their mouths hanging open, and the Director turned away to hide her smile at their reaction.

"No way!" That was Mac.

"They survived?" Victor.

"What did they look like?" from the ever-practical Li Ann.

"Sitting Bull." Dobrinsky glared.

"Huh? Last I checked Sitting Bull died sometime around the turn of the century," Vic pointed out.

Dobrinsky growled. "Not actually Sitting Bull, you fool, five men in full Native regalia, buckskins, beads, feathers on their heads, warpaint, tomahawks, and one goddamn razor-sharp knife that they were quite ready to use on me. I want these guys!"

"How are we supposed to draw the Indians out?" Li Ann wanted to know. "They've already seen Dobrinsky, and everyone else around here has plenty of hair."

The Director eyed Vic and Mac, causing them both to sit bolt upright.

"You're not shaving Mac's hair!" Vic yelped.

"No one touches a single hair on Vic's head!" Mac snarled.

Both men looked at each other startled that each one's first reaction was in defense of the other. Li Ann giggled at the look on their faces, Dobrinsky rolled his eyes in disgust, and the Director simply stared at them, letting them know that if she decided they should be bald, they would be.

"In fact," the Director drawled, "the Cleaners have already volunteered for that part of the assignment. They are apparently—intrigued—by the method. You will all be nearby to ensure that the Indians don't escape again. Consider yourselves the cavalry and the Cleaners as a wagon train under attack." Leaving that bizarre image in their minds, the Director headed out.

"My money's on the wagon train," Mac muttered. No one argued.

Since all the attacks had occurred in deserted alleys near nightclubs catering to both heterosexuals and homosexuals and after midnight, the agents had several hours to kill before they had to get into position. Dobrinsky went home to polish his bullets, Li Ann went shopping, and Mac took Vic downtown on some mysterious errand.

Vic went along quietly at first, but eventually his growing curiosity prompted him to ask Mac where exactly they were going. After all, they still had countless boxes to unpack at home. Vic wondered if there was any way that he could still hold Nathan responsible for his misery; maybe the researcher had helped the Cleaners with the packing. He really wanted to blame Nathan; he was such fun to torment. Vic's musings were interrupted by Mac pulling him into a tattoo parlor. A tattoo parlor? Vic did a double take.

"No way am I getting a tattoo, Mac. I don't care if you do make puppy dog eyes at me!"

"So you mean the beseeching look works? I'll have to remember that. Your damn eyelashes give you an unfair advantage!" Mac ignored Vic's grin. "Anyway, we're here for me, not you."

"Speak English."

"I want to get a tattoo, and I wanted you along for moral support."

"Are you nuts? Never mind, redundant question. I like your body just the way it is. What possible reason could you have for splashing on permanent graffiti?" Vic obviously did not hold a high opinion of tattoos.

"First of all, it's not graffiti; I'm not a wall in some inner city! Secondly, it'll be small. No one but the two of us will ever know it's there. And as for why, I want a visible mark that I belong to you now. I'm going to get a small "V" on my ass, near the hole so you can see it when you're inside me."

Vic was left speechless. Mac's statement got him so hot, so fast he thought he was going to have a stroke. He grabbed Mac and latched on to his mouth, wrapping his tongue around the other man's, stroking it even as he rubbed against his whole body. Mac wondered if he would have any fillings left when Vic was done, but he wasn't complaining. Finally, lack of air forced Vic to pull back very slightly. He continued to press into Mac, who was backed up against a wall by this time.

"Shit, Mac, you pick a hell of a time and place to say something like that!"

Mac grinned to himself. Two curses in as many seconds; I really got to him that time! "I just wanted you to understand why I'm doing this, Vic. I want you to be okay with it." He gave Vic another of his patented puppy dog looks.

Vic groaned. "Just wait till we get home and you'll see how okay I am with it. And I'm warning you right now; I don't care how sore you are from the tattoo. You did that to me on purpose, and I'm going to fuck you so hard you still feel me next month!"

Mac whimpered and seriously considered going straight home. After all, he could always get the tattoo another day.

Knowing exactly what his partner was thinking (the increased speed of his humping against Vic was a dead giveaway), Vic shook his head. "No way, lover. You offered; I'm taking you up on it. I want my mark on you. Be thankful I don't insist it be someplace visible!"

"If you really want, Vic," Mac offered hesitantly.

Vic kissed him again, gently this time. "No, not really. That's not what we're about. I don't own you, and I certainly don't want to humiliate you. We're equal partners, and I like it that way. But I love it that you want to show that we're together. Now let's do this so we can home and fuck ourselves into oblivion."

With that to inspire him, Mac nearly sprained something in his rush to get over to the shop owner who had been watching the two of them with interest. Apparently the old guy had excellent hearing as well, since he already had several samples of stylized Vs out on the counter. Looking over the graphics, Mac suddenly thought of the ridiculous case that had brought him and Victor together. With that in mind, he had the man design a red V entwined with a white tulip.

Not long afterward the two agents left the tattoo parlor, Mac walking a little gingerly.

"Is it very sore?" Vic asked, looking disappointed.

"Nothing could be that sore! You made me a promise, and I intend to keep you to it. Home, Victor."

In Victor's truck driving back to their house, Mac decided that he was a little sore and shouldn't be putting pressure on his 'injury'. Promptly putting his idea into action, he twisted in the seat, lying down and curling up so he was on his side with his head in Vic's lap.

Vic looked down with surprise clear in his green gaze, but Mac pulling down the zipper of his jeans with his teeth made the older man decide that sitting up straight and wearing a seatbelt was vastly overrated.

Nuzzling against the erection straining through silk boxers, Mac grinned up. Making sure Vic was looking at him What good timing for a red light!, Mac started to lick Vic through the underwear. When the silk was soaked, not entirely from the outside, and Vic was moaning, Mac released him. Hearing the honks behind them, Vic remembered to step on the gas and continue driving.

"I can still keep myself entertained, lover." Mac repeated his comment from the first night they spent together.

"God, Mac...oh god, that's so good!" (Mac was entertaining himself again.) "Stop, Mac! I'll crash the car, and I refuse to die before I get inside you again!"

Mac stopped sucking Vic but stayed where he was, occasionally blowing on the wet silk covering his lover. Vic was nearly out of his mind by the time he got to the house. Remembering how Mac made him come as soon as he stopped the car the last time, Vic pushed the ex-thief away before turning into the driveway. Mac's look of surprise disappeared when Vic explained, "Good as you are at that, I want to make love to you before I come."

Vic hadn't even finished speaking before he was out of the truck, pulling Mac along with him, and heading for the door with single-minded determination. Mac plastered himself along Vic's back while the older man fumbled with his keys, desperately trying to get the door open.

The instant they were inside with the door closed behind them, Vic grabbed Mac and slammed him up against the wall, tearing at his slacks while kissing him senseless. Succeeding in baring Mac, Vic fumbled around on the table in the entry for the lube they kept there.

"You don't need it, Vic. I want you in me now," Mac moaned, pushing back against Vic.

"No way am I taking you without lube, Mac! I won't hurt you like that!" Vic sounded angry.

"No," Mac nearly wailed, "I'm ready for you. When I stopped in the washroom before leaving the tattoo parlor, I got myself ready for you. Please, Vic, now." Mac thrust back harder on Vic's fingers which were checking him.

Vic went wild when he found that Mac was telling the truth. The younger man was already lubed and partially stretched, ready for his lover. Vic grasped Mac's hips, pulling him back even as he thrust in, slamming in to the hilt in one movement. Screams of pleasure escaped both men, the momentary pain of Vic's entry barely even registering on Mac's consciousness. Their bodies thrust together, Vic pulling nearly all the way out and pushing back even farther on each stroke. He angled his thrusts to strike the gland inside Mac each time, prompting continuous screams of pleasure. With Vic gripping Mac's hips to give himself extra leverage and Mac bracing his arms on the wall against the power of Vic's thrusts, neither man had a hand free to see to Mac's engorged cock. He was harder than he could ever remember being and in the grip of incredible pleasure. He wanted to come, but without being able to touch himself, he was held on the precipice. Mac was babbling incoherently, begging Vic to let him come. He twisted wildly, screaming Vic's name, cursing, feeling the pleasure go on until it almost became pain.

When Mac started to writhe, Vic froze momentarily, then thrust hard, going as deep as he possibly could, and yelling Mac's name as he came. He freed one hand and reached around for Mac's cock. At the first touch of Vic's hand, Mac too came screaming.

The next thing Mac knew, he was face down on the floor, Vic draped over his back, and his own semen dripping down the wall to pool under his cheek. "Ick!" He rolled out from under the other man, pulling him into his arms as he went. He called Vic's name, just starting to become concerned when the eyelashes fluttered, and he found himself staring into dazed pools of green.

"Wow." Vic was nearly pre-verbal. "I passed out!"

"Double wow, lover, so did I." Mac grinned at his lover. "Now could we possibly move this party to the bedroom till we have to get back to work?"

"Why? I'm comfortable." Vic achieved a near-whine on that last statement.

"Of course you are. You sleep on top of me, which is fine on a bed, but extremely painful on a tile floor. I can feel the pattern being imprinted into my back."

"Oh." Vic decided Mac had a point, and since he had no intention of sleeping anywhere except on top of the younger man (who needed a teddy bear?), they moved to the bedroom.

On the verge of falling asleep, Mac stopped to set the alarm. He didn't even want to think about what the Director would say if they were late.

###

At 10:00 that night, Vic, Mac, Li Ann, Jackie, Dobrinsky and Murphy were all concealed at various vantage points in an alley near a club with the right sort of clientele and which hadn't had any incidents yet. Looking around the apparently deserted area, Vic mused that this was the most heavily populated deserted alley he had ever encountered.

By 11:00, everyone was bored, everyone except Dobrinsky that is. He was far too intent on getting his hands on the men who had had the colossal nerve to actually attack him.

Mac decided to relieve his boredom, among other things, and silently worked his way over to Victor.

The moment he saw his lover, Vic knew this was a very bad idea, but he didn't try to stop him. Not only was diverting Mac from something he wanted about as easy as convincing a tornado to go away, Vic didn't want to stop him.

Mac leaned against Vic in a full-body caress, sliding his hands under Vic's sweater. He stroked his lover, gradually moving up until he reached Vic's nipples. Suddenly Mac stopped and pulled Vic's sweater up to stare at his chest.

Vic regarded him in bemusement, baffled by the world class pout Mac was wearing. He'd swear the younger man's lip was actually quivering!

"You're not wearing it," Mac sulked.

Oh. Understanding dawned. "I don't like to wear a nipple ring when I'm working. If it gets caught on something or the bad guys happen to yank on it, it hurts."

"I got a tattoo for you, and you won't even wear a measly ring for me?" Now Mac was laying on the guilt, but Vic wasn't buying it.

"First of all, much as I love your tattoo, it was your idea. Secondly, I told you I wouldn't wear it all the time. I don't want it to be ho-hum." Looking at Mac's hang-dog expression, Vic sighed. "All right already. I'll wear it all the time." Glaring at Mac's beaming face, Vic continued, "But I swear to you, if it gets ripped out, you will suffer every second that I do!"

"Worth it," Mac mumbled, sliding his hand into Vic's pants. Mac suddenly dropped to his knees and swallowed Vic whole. Much as he enjoyed teasing his lover, Mac knew this really wasn't a good time and meant to make it fast. He could feel Vic swelling to fill his throat as he swirled his tongue around his treat. Mac sucked hard, making Vic shove a fist into his own mouth to muffle his cries. After only a short time of this, Vic came into Mac's mouth, slumping back against the brick wall of the alley to catch his breath with his eyes closed.

Vic opened his eyes and let out a startled scream at finding himself staring into the eyes of an Indian wearing warpaint only a few inches from his face. The Indian jumped almost a foot straight up at the screech, and Mac spun around to see what the problem was.

Suddenly the alley was a scene of absolute chaos with Dobrinsky attacking one of the Indians with his own tomahawk after snatching it right out of the startled man's hands. Jackie was battling another Indian, repeatedly hitting him over the head with a rusty hubcap she had found nearby. Li Ann finished off her own opponent quickly, knocking him out when her kick sent him headfirst into the brick wall. The Cleaners simply shot the two Indians nearest them and watched the others, exhibiting a certain intellectual curiosity.

That left one Indian for Vic and Mac. Unfortunately, Mac was still on his knees in front of Victor, who in turn was more concerned with getting back into his pants. At that point, the Director arrived.

By this time, Dobrinsky had his opponent cowering on the ground, unlikely to move anytime in the next millennium. Jackie's foe was out cold at her feet, not far from the one Li Ann had subdued. The Cleaners' kills were draped rather artistically over piles of rubbish; presumably the Cleaners had calculated their shots to achieve an aesthetically pleasing finale.

That still left Vic, Mac and their playmate. In a moment of cosmic irony, showing that the universe really does have a sense of humor, the last Indian slipped on a banana peel and knocked himself out when he hit the ground.

The Director looked around silently, noting the various corpses and unconscious bodies. When her gaze reached Vic and Mac, now decently covered and on their feet, they cringed, waiting for her to rip into them. But all she said was, "Perhaps a 'Most Frequently Caught in Compromising Positions' category?"

###

The following morning Vic, Mac and Li Ann waited in the conference room for the Director to join them. Dobrinsky had finally admitted that he had a terrible headache, and he was home in bed, with Jackie at his side to nurse him back to health.

The Director arrived in short order, carrying a file. "I trust you've all recovered from your—exertions—last night?"

The men flinched and refused to meet either woman's eyes.

"We were able to identify your little friends from their dental records, and our search team found some very interesting reading material in their homes. It seems that the gentlemen had found mention of an ancient ritual wherein the scalps of 17 enemies—and no, I have no idea why that particular number — could be used to reanimate a great warrior of the People." She shook her head in disbelief.

"The idiots didn't even know who they wanted to animate, it might have actually been Sitting Bull, but their goal was to reclaim all the Americas for the rightful native populace and remove the white infestation forever. That's a direct quote, by the way."

"So some other lunatic could get hold of a copy of this ritual and try again?" Li Ann questioned.

"Hardly," the Director responded dryly. "It wasn't even an actual shamanistic ritual. Nathan tracked down the reference and found that the so-called ancient writings were actually a script rejected by Ed Wood for being too ridiculous. I don't think there can possibly be a second group of imbeciles who would take it seriously. Now, Li Ann, I want you to go make nice with Nathan; I'm tired of hearing how you buzz."

Turning to Vic and Mac after Li Ann left, the Director hissed, "You got lucky last night in that you had an entire team of backups and your opponents were probably legally incompetent. But if you ever again get distracted like that when you're supposed to be working, I'll solve the problem by gelding you myself!"

Faint moans escaped both men, who hunched down protectively in their chairs.

Content that they had taken her warning seriously, the Director turned to leave. As she was going through the door, she added, "I must admit, though, we got some exceptional pictures. Maybe 'Most Flexible'?"

###

Interlude: Welcome to the Neighbourhood

Vic looked around in satisfaction from his position sprawled on the couch in the living room. Every room was painted (and none of them were white!), and all the unpacking and moving to storage was done. He and Mac were settled into their new home. He shook his head in disbelief. If someone had told him a month ago that he would be living with Mac Ramsey, in love with the guy, he'd have held that person at gunpoint until they could be taken to the nearest facility for the criminally insane.

Mac wandered into the room at that moment, toweling his hair and wearing only a towel wrapped around his hips.

Vic couldn't quite figure out why Mac hadn't stopped for some clothes before coming back downstairs, but he was certainly enjoying the results. In fact, his own jeans were becoming much too tight, a fact Mac quickly noticed.

"Glad to see me, love?" Mac smirked at the other man.

Vic grinned back and held out a hand to his lover. Before Mac could accept the invitation, they were interrupted by the doorbell. Since he was the only one actually wearing clothes, Vic went to see who it was.

When Vic opened the door, he found himself faced with a veritable horde of people. Before he could say a word, the 30-something woman in the forefront thrust a casserole dish into his hands.

"Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm Katey Henderson, chairperson of the neighborhood welcome wagon this year." The perky blonde then introduced the other six men and women on the doorstep. "We wanted to invite you to a barbecue at my house tomorrow night to meet everyone." Catching sight of Mac peering around the corner, Katey amended, "You and your partner, of course."

Mac managed a sickly grin and small wave before vanishing back into the living room.

Not knowing what else to do, Vic accepted the invitation, hoping that would make the invaders go away.

"Oh goodie!" Katey actually bounced with pleasure, her blonde ponytail bobbing up and down. "But I didn't catch your name."

"Sorry. I'm Victor Mansfield, and my partner is Mac Ramsey."

"Great to meet you, Victor. We'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow night. By the way, my house is the robin's egg blue one next door." With a jaunty wave, Katey bounced away, her entourage in tow.

Vic wandered back into the living room where he found Mac convulsed with laughter. Shaking his head in disbelief, Vic dropped back onto the sofa he'd recently vacated. Finally noticing he still clutched the casserole dish to his chest, he put it down on the coffee table.

Mac finally regained control enough to speak coherently. "So those were the neighbors?"

Vic looked at him, still half in shock. "Apparently so. I feel like we've wandered into a Stepford movie."

"Let's go upstairs, lover. I want to get this bandage off and see how the tattoo came out."

Vic suddenly felt much more alert. With a quick detour to the kitchen (Vic thought again how much he liked the cheery effect of the yellow walls and natural oak cabinets) to put the casserole in the fridge, the two men headed up to their bedroom. Dropping his towel, Mac lay down on their brand new bed (both men had agreed they didn't want memories of former lovers in their bedroom), waiting for Vic to remove the bandage.

Vic stood for a moment simply admiring the beauty of his lover spread out before him. He decided that removing Mac's bandage could more easily be accomplished if he, too, were naked and dropped his jeans and T-shirt on top of Mac's discarded towel before crawling up the bed.

Feeling Vic's skin against his own, Mac twisted around partially to meet Vic's eyes. "Wanna tell me how come you had to undress to peel this gauze off me?" Mac sported a huge grin.

"I just wanted to be ready in case something... came up."

Mac groaned at Vic's truly terrible pun, even while he arched up for more contact with his lover's body.

"After all," Vic continued, "you said you wanted me to be able to see my mark on you while I was inside you. I thought we should give it a test run."

This time Mac's response was closer to a whimper.

Vic pressed the younger man flat on the bed, slithering back down a bit to be able to reach his ass comfortably. He licked around the bandage for a little while, prompting a great deal of squirming from his partner. Vic decided to have fun with this, starting to scrape at the adhesive with his teeth. When Mac's writhing threatened to interfere with his plans, Vic nipped the cheek warningly.

After Mac subsided as much as he could with all the stimulation he was getting, Vic continued his efforts. Soon he managed to pry up a corner of the bandage, and gripping it in his teeth, yanked it off with a savage jerk of his head.

Mac flinched slightly, but he was so excited the slight pain just made him want Victor all the more. On top of everything else, he could feel Vic's nipple ring, the one bearing Mac's initial, pressing into his thigh. "Well? How did it turn out?"

Vic traced the outline of the tattoo with his tongue, pausing to nibble on the tempting flesh from time to time. "It looks great, Mac. Now I know this relationship is forever. You'll never be able to have another lover without him seeing my mark on you."

"Did you ever doubt it?" Mac peered over his shoulder. "Neither of us is great at the hearts and flowers thing, but I thought you knew. I intend to wake up beside you for the rest of my life. I love you, Victor Mansfield." Mac's heart was in his eyes when he met Vic's gaze, and Vic knew he'd never doubt him again.

"I love you, too, Mac. Now let me show you how much." With that, Vic settled in to drive Mac crazy. With a final lick at the tattoo God, I love seeing my initial on him! I never knew I could be so possessive. I never felt like this with Li Ann., Vic turned his attention to the ring of muscle waiting for him. He felt Mac tense with pleasure when he traced it with just the tip of his tongue, then licked the length of the crack. He repeated the action several times until Mac cried out.

"Damn it, Vic, stop teasing me! I need you inside me now!"

"Like this?" Vic asked before probing at the hole with his tongue, pushing inside.

Mac pushed back, trying to get more pressure, but it wasn't enough. He wailed Vic's name in near desperation.

Hearing the wildness of Mac's cry, Vic decided it was time to stop teasing. He quickly grabbed the lube from the nightstand and applied it to both of them. He slid into Mac in one long, smooth glide.

Mac let out a guttural cry and pushed up onto all fours to get more leverage. They settled into a hard, fast rhythm designed to get them off quickly, neither man up to a long, gentle session.

Vic absently noted that he did, in fact, have a great view of his mark on Mac as he thrust in and out. He whispered that in Mac's ear while reaching around to pump the other man's straining erection. The combination of Vic's words, his hot breath on Mac's ear, his hand on his cock and the feeling of his erect nipples and that ring on his back in addition to the sensation of him stroking into his ass made Mac come.

The sight, sound and feel of Mac's orgasm was enough for Vic, and he came deep inside his lover.

Settling onto the other side of the bed, away from the wet spot, with Vic draped over him as usual, Mac muttered, "I really hope the neighbors didn't hear that."

###

The following night Vic and Mac stood in a corner of the Hendersons' back yard, wondering if they should stand back to back in defense against their new neighbors. In addition to Katey, who they expected to bring out pom poms and start cheering any minute, and her husband Kenny (Isn't that cute, Katey and Kenny? Vic thought sarcastically), there were the Montagues from four houses down. The entire family dressed all in black and had a morbid preoccupation with death. Mac was considering introducing the daughter to the Cleaners.

Seeing Mr. Montague heading toward them, Mac whispered, "If he says his name's Gomez, I'm outta here!" Fortunately, Mr. Montague was distracted by his wife's call and headed in her direction.

Then there was Mrs. Zaminsky, an 80ish orange-haired lady with white roots who apparently hadn't been sober since D-Day. In the hour since Vic and Mac arrived, she'd screeched at everyone to come see her new pepper spray, wristwatch, support hose, and birdhouse, which she seemed to be wearing on her head. Katey had warned them to keep a close eye on any pets they might have, as Mrs. Zaminsky believed mice ran into her house every time the door was opened, so she had large strips of some sticky stuff in front of her doors. Every pet in the neighborhood had had to be pried loose at one time or another.

Just when they thought it couldn't get any worse, Vic looked up and choked on his beer. Following his gaze, Mac stared in horror. Coming toward them was Mrs. Montague's brother Rex, and on his arm was... the Director.

After sending Rex off to get her a drink, the Director linked an arm with each of the men. "I had a fascinating chat with some of your neighbors, boys. It seems I'll have to nominate you for 'strongest vocal cords'."

###

Interlude: Water Babies

Friday night and Vic had never been so glad to see the end of a week in his life. The Director had been especially hard on him and Mac since that whole Indians fiasco. And the jokes from some people and pervert comments from others hadn't made it any easier.

Mac watched his partner frowningly. Vic had really been having a hard time dealing with the way some people were treating them now. He'd been okay when it was just Li Ann who knew. Well, and the Director, of course, but she really did seem to know everything. But he was having a hard enough time accepting that he was in love with a man, without having to deal with everyone treating him differently as well.

Vic knew Mac was worried about him, but he was too tired to do anything about it. In fact, he wasn't as upset as Mac thought he was at the other agents finding out about them. He wasn't ashamed of loving Mac; he just liked to keep his private life private. He was basically quite shy, so this past week had been really difficult for him. He just didn't know how to explain all that to Mac.

Mac hesitated to approach Vic, not sure if the older man would welcome his touch at that moment. He stood uncertainly in the bedroom doorway, watching Victor, wondering if he should leave.

Vic happened to look up just in time to see the expression of pain and longing cross his lover's face. He suddenly realized just how much his actions were affecting Mac and how selfish he had been. He stood up from the bed, walking over to take Mac into his arms. "I'm sorry, love."

"You're sorry? What for?"

"For not talking to you, for letting you think for even a second that this could make a difference to us. I don't ever want you to think I'm ashamed of being yours. I just don't like to be on display. I didn't like it when anyone commented about me and Li Ann either."

Mac finally met Vic's eyes directly. What he saw in that green gaze reassured him, and the familiar cocky grin reappeared. "I think we both need to relax. How about a hot shower?"

"Sounds great." Vic drew his lover into the bathroom with him, shrugging out of his sweater and jeans before leaning over to turn on the water. After admiring the view for a few seconds, Mac hastened to remove his own clothes, moving behind Vic so the entire lengths of their bodies pressed together when Vic straightened up.

"Why do I get the feeling you have more than just getting cleaned up in mind?" Vic grinned over his shoulder.

Mac seized the opportunity and Vic's lips, covering the older man's mouth with his own. He turned Vic in his arms, shuddering as the ex-cop's nipple ring scraped across his own nipples, bringing them to attention. He kissed Vic deeply, stroking his tongue over every surface in the other man's mouth, before pulling back slightly to nibble on his lower lip. He tangled his fingers in Vic's silky dark hair, holding his head still for his explorations.

"Ma..ac."

"Mmm?"

"I think the water's hot n..now. We ca..an get in."

"Oh. I guess we wouldn't want to waste it." Since Mac was stroking Vic's cock as he said that, the older man wasn't entirely sure which "it" he was referring to. With a last lingering caress, Mac released his lover and stepped into the steamy shower.

Vic leaned against the wall panting for a moment until he thought his legs were steady enough to get him inside the shower without killing himself. He stepped in, straight into Mac's arms.

The ex-thief held his lover tightly, still amazed every day that they were together. He couldn't believe how much his life had changed since he joined the Agency. If he really thought about it, he had a lot to thank the Director for...nah. He was distracted from his thoughts by Victor sliding to his knees.

Vic licked delicately along the length of Mac's cock, tracing the vein along the underside, while he cupped Mac's balls in his hand. He flicked the tip of his tongue over the head, tasting the droplet of salty liquid waiting for him, but he didn't stay. Ignoring Mac's moan of protest, he nibbled his way back down the shaft till he was nuzzling the sac, which he started to suck.

Mac yelped Vic's name, grabbing hold of fistfuls of his hair. He could feel Vic grin against him. After a couple of minutes of that blissful torture, Vic licked and nibbled his way back to the head of Mac's cock, which was leaking profusely. He lapped at the entire surface, gathering up all the salty liquid and probing the slit with the tip of his tongue in search of more.

Mac had long since lost the power of speech, but his whimpers and moans gave Vic a pretty clear idea of what he wanted. Vic opened his mouth slightly, taking in just the tip, and closed his lips around it firmly.

Mac was trying to buck forward, but Vic's grip on his hips held him against the shower wall. He writhed in Vic's grasp desperately.

Vic opened his mouth a little wider, letting more of Mac's cock slip in. He started to suck lightly, so lightly Mac wasn't sure he felt the pressure.

Mac clutched Vic's head tightly, his hands still buried in the older man's hair.

Vic relaxed his throat muscles, letting Mac slide in all the way. He released his hold on Mac's hips, freeing him to fuck Vic's mouth. He fluttered his tongue along the underside of the shaft, making Mac scream his name. Vic pulled back very slightly just as Mac came, just enough to catch his semen in his mouth rather than having it go straight down his throat.

Panting for breath, Mac managed to ask him why he pulled back.

Vic's only answer was an evil grin as he pulled Mac down to his own knees and turned him around. Mac began to get an idea when he felt Vic lean over him, followed by a gush of liquid over his ass.

Vic stroked most of his lover's semen into his hole for lubrication, but he also spread a lot of it over Mac's new tattoo, massaging it into the area.

"Uh, Vic? What are you doing?"

"You're supposed to keep it moisturized, right? Well someone once told me cum was great for the complexion, so I figure it must be pretty good as a moisturizer too. I'll just have to keep you covered with it for a few weeks."

Mac was back to incoherent moans.

With a final stroke of the tattoo, Vic positioned himself and slowly pushed inside his lover. He watched himself disappear into Mac's ass, seeing the flesh pulling by its effect on the tattoo bearing his initial. It was the hottest thing he'd ever seen. He sped up his strokes, pushing in and out of Mac, hearing his lover's cries of pleasure with each stroke. He reached around to grasp Mac's renewed erection, pulling it in time with his strokes inside the younger man.

Mac reared up against Vic, trying to push him deeper inside himself. With a strangled cry he came again just as Vic came so deep inside him he wouldn't have been surprised to feel the other man's cum come out his mouth.

Vic slowly pulled out of Mac, drawing a moan of disappointment from each of them. He reached behind him to turn off the water, pushing himself to his feet and drawing Mac up after him. Before he could reach for a towel, Mac pounced.

After a quick kiss on Vic's mouth, Mac traced several droplets of water down his lover's neck with his tongue, chasing one all the way to Vic's chest. The drop of liquid rolled down to Vic's nipple, where it glistened at the end of the gold ring bearing Mac's initial. Mac licked it up, suckling at the nipple to make sure he hadn't missed a trace of moisture.

Vic sighed with pleasure, amazed to feel a slight twitch in his cock. After that orgasm, he'd have sworn nothing could excite him for a while. He should have known better when Mac was around.

Mac continued to play with Vic's nipple, occasionally changing focus to its mate, but his favorite was the one with the ring. Sometime he was going to have to ask Vic when and why he got it. While he was nibbling on his favorite treat, he scratched lightly at the other one with his nails, occasionally pinching slightly just to hear Vic's moan.

Vic's moans were getting louder and more frequent as Mac showed no sign of releasing his nipples. He arched into his lover's touch, begging with his body for more.

Mac understood what Vic wanted, and he bit down on the nipple hard enough to leave a mark.

Vic yowled; there was no other way to describe it. He clenched his fists in his lover's hair, holding Mac to him. He couldn't believe how turned on he was getting just from having his nipples played with.

Mac wasn't trying to get away. He'd noticed before how sensitive Vic's nipples were, and this was his chance to fulfill his favorite fantasy. He was determined to make Vic come just by sucking and biting his nipples, without touching his cock or ass. Judging by Vic's frantic moans and writhing, he had a good chance of succeeding. He released Vic for a moment, listening with pleasure to his lover's whimpers. He blew lightly on the damp nipple before him, impossibly making it harden even more and causing Vic to shudder. He continued to tease Vic that way for a little while, licking a nipple to wet it then blowing on it till it dried, until Vic's whole body was convulsed with constant tremors. Finally Mac took pity on his lover, pinching one nipple hard at the same instant he grasped the ring in the other between his teeth and tugged.

Vic exploded. He came hard all over Mac, collapsing to the floor as his legs refused to support him any more. After a moment though, he remembered he was the only one who came that time, and he looked over to see Mac sporting a huge erection.

Vic figured that since he got Mac messy after their shower, it was up to him to clean him up. And since the only thing handy was his tongue, that's what he used. He licked Mac clean, avoiding his cock the entire time, ignoring Mac's attempts to pull him where he wanted him. Only when Mac was clean did Vic swallow his cock.

The sudden pressure made Mac come immediately, and this time Vic swallowed it, not missing a drop.

"Mmm, the day just doesn't seem complete till I've tasted you, love." Vic looked like a cat that had got into the cream.

Actually, Mac mused, that wasn't too far from the truth.

A while later, they had eaten and were cuddling on the couch when the doorbell rang. Mac opened it to find their neighbor Katey on the doorstep, wringing her hands. Before he could even say hello, she rushed into speech.

"I'm really sorry to bother you, I know it's a terrible imposition, I need to ask you a favor, oh, what was I thinking, it's a Friday night, I'm sure you must have plans, what am I going to do, I'm sorry I bothered you, please forgive-"

Thinking that she might never stop and wondering how she managed to say all that without stopping for air, Mac interrupted. "What do you need, Katey?"

"Well, Kenny and I have to go to this dinner function tonight with absolutely no warning, and our regular sitter isn't available, and my mother's away, and we have to find someone to watch the kids, and Di knows you so you must be okay, and they would go to bed in half an hour anyway, so I wondered if you would look after them till we got back?"

Mac blinked, needing a minute to process all that. He didn't see a problem. "Sure, why not. You want to bring them over here? They can crash on the bed in one of the guestrooms."

Katey gushed her thanks and ran home to get the kids before Mac could change his mind.

"What was all that about?" Vic inquired from his sprawl on the couch.

Mac explained, and Vic thought it would be a good way to make points with the neighbors. Hearing a knock at the door, both men went to answer it this time to meet the children. Opening the door, their eyes widened as an endless stream of tow-headed short people went by. Struck speechless, they both turned to Katey.

"Mickie and Michelle are the oldest twins; they're five. Then there's Jack and Jason, who're four. Mindy, Miles and Megan are three; Lowell's two and Sara, the baby, is 9 months old. We'll be back around 11:30. Thanks again." With that, Katey handed the baby to Vic and disappeared.

Vic stared from the baby to his lover and back again. Hearing a crash from the other room, both men sighed and wondered if they or their home would survive the night. When the sounds of a riot drifted out from the living room, the adults squared their shoulders and waded in. All Vic said was "You know the Director's going to find out about this, don't you? Our next case will probably involve a tribe of kids."

Mac just sighed.

###

Tulips IV: Desert Sheik

orithain67@sympatico.ca

BTW, weird as she sounds, except for the name and actual purchases, Mrs. Zaminsky really exists. She's not my neighbor (thank god!), but someone really does live down the hall from her.
Fandom/Series: Once a Thief V/M
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: They still belong to Alliance, but I treat them well.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]