Go to notes and disclaimers


Canadian Shield
by Nicole S


T wo leather folders smacked on the shiny black table in front of the four agents sitting around it, glaring at each other. No one was in a good mood today as Dobrinsky had changed all the coffee to decaf. He said it was for their own good, but no one was happy except him.

"There is someone killing lumberjacks in Northern Ontario. It is your job to find out who." The Director said. "We suspect it's the work of the environmental group Blue Planet. Jackie and Li Ann, you two are going to infiltrate their ranks at their head office, here in the city. While Vic and Mac, you are going to the logging camp where the deaths occurred."

All the agents began arguing at once, none of them happy with their assignments.

Victor groaned "Logging camp? He can't even open a can of coke, nevermind wield a chainsaw."

"I'm not working with her, she doesn't know anything about the environment. I bet her makeup is still being tested on animals." Li Ann gave a devastating look to Jackie.

"Like, yeah. I'm going to hang around with a bunch of nature freaks who like, don't comb their hair and wear those like birkenstock things. Like probably with socks too. And what is with the dreads, it's like gross. Wash your hair already. Like, I don't think so." Jackie flipped her hair back.

Mac leaned over to Victor. "Are you calling me weak? I hold my own. In fact, I punch you out periodically. You're the weak one."

The director smacked her riding crop in the middle of the table, silencing the agents.

"Boys and girls. Until you can get along, you will be working together. I don't care how long it takes." She went around to the back of Mac and bent down to his ear. "Day and night, until you behave." She then went over to Jackie and put her hands on her shoulders. "No fighting."

She stood in font of them, her arms crossed, the riding crop tapping against her thigh.

"Now there are two folders, one for the girls, one for the boys. Oh and boys—dress warm."

###

Vic & Mac were hopelessly lost. They were dumped in the middle of a clear-cut by the manager of the logging camp via helicopter an hour ago. The manager said all the fresh blood had to go through this ritual before they could work there. Sort of an initiation. They had to find their way back to camp within 36 hours. So far, they had succeeded in going around in a circle because they were back in the clear-cut again.

When Vic saw they were back where they started, the little patience he had left him.

"Fuck!" He threw down the pack that had been given to them containing energy bars, water, a flashlight and a pack of matches before kicking a tree stump.

"This is NOT GOOD!"

Mac sat down on a fallen log. "Vic, relax man, getting upset isn't going to do any good. We'll find a town or something soon."

"I keep telling your Mac there is NO TOWN around here. This is the wilderness, the woods, we're on the side of a fucking mountain, that's why the ground is slanted!"

"Okay, chill. I can dig it."

Ever since Mac started hanging out at that Swing Club on the weekends he was acting way too mellow.

"You can dig it? Well can you dig that we've been walking around in a circle for an hour and are going to have to sleep out here?"

"That's cool."

"Yeah, it's gonna be cool alright. You know what I think? I smell setup. I bet the Director got them to dump us out here on purpose." Vic sat down beside Mac.

"Maybe." Mac thought for a moment, reality kicking in. "Oh my god. You don't think....she wouldn't just leave us out here...would she?"

"Yes, she would. This whole getting along thing is her new obsession. She probably did this to test us."

"I'm not liking this at all."

"Finally, you're talking some sense. Jackie and Li Ann are probably going through the same thing right now."

"They're probably beating the shit out of each other."

"Probably."

"You think they would actually...fight? You know, girl fighting...pulling hair...ripping each other's clothes?"

"Naw. No....maybe....oh god I'd pay to see that."

"Me too."

Both men sat there, relishing the mental image.

"We should really get moving, if we stay here we won't make it back to the camp. They'll just find our bodies in a few days."

"You're right."

Each man looked around and said "this way," at the same time, pointing in different directions.

"Okay," Vic said, getting a quarter out of his pocket. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads"

Vic flipped the quarter up in the air and caught it "Ooooooooo Tails, too bad."

"Best 2 out of 3."

"No way."

"Vic, I know it's not that way, it's this way."

"How do you know that?"

"I just have a gut instinct."

"Yeah, well my gut instinct is telling me this way."

Mac looked at Vic for a second, his green eyes glittering in the sunlight. That red and black checked shirt, jeans and leather jacket doing something to him that he hadn't felt for a man for a long time.

"Okay, we'll go your way...but if we get lost again I'm going to be really mad!"

"Ooooh Mac Ramsey's gonna be mad, I'm scared." Vic started walking away.

###

Five hours later Mac was feeling the strain. "Come on Vic, let's stop. My feet hurt. I'm starving. I'm wearing...flannel. This just stopped being fun."

Vic looked up at the sky then his watch. "Yeah, it's gonna get dark soon anyway. Let's go over there to where those fallen trees are, it will give us some shelter."

"I don't wanna sleep outside. There's bears and bugs and...other things."

"There's no bugs, it's almost winter."

"There's still bears and other things."

"Have you seen a bear yet?"

"No."

"Well then stop worrying!"

Mac sat down on the ground and tried to make himself comfortable. He watched as Vic gathered fallen branches and moss to start a fire.

"You're good at this outdoor stuff, aren't you?"

"Just your basic camping skills."

"I've never been camping. I'm proud of that fact."

"Well it comes in handy for times like this."

"I hate this nature stuff. Give me the city any day. Pizza delivered to my house, cappuccino, concrete under my feet. I can take the subway anywhere..."

"When's the last time you've taken the subway?"

"Okay, never, but I could if I wanted to. What about you and your big ass truck. Why the hell do you need that in the city?"

"In case I have to go out of the city. There ya go." Vic looked at his fire which was now burning quite nicely.

"I'm starving."

"Me too. We only have 6 energy bars left. One each now, one for breakfast, one for lunch—that's it, they're gone."

"I'm starving. Come on, give me one."

They ate their energy bars and drank a bit of the water before leaning back on the fallen trees and watching the fire.

"Now I'm bored."

Vic groaned "Well what the hell do you want me to do about it?"

"Nothing. I'm just telling you."

They sat there for hours, the ground and everything around them growing cold.

"Vic, I'm cold."

"Yeah, me too, this fire isn't helping much."

Mac moved over and sat beside Vic who glared at him, trying to hide his desire.

"Hey, I'm only doing this to survive you know." Mac's breath was coming out in steamy puffs. He wrapped his arms around his legs and squeezed them to his chest. He was getting hard, Vic looked incredibly sexy in the light from the fire. After a few moments Mac put his arm around him and brought him in close. "I'm freezing. Do you mind?"

Vic shifted, trying to hide the erection starting in his jeans. Mac looked delicious in those un-tailored work clothes. He had never seen him this way. "Uh, I guess not."

After a few minutes Mac's hand started caressing Vic's back, moving up and down. He shifted and pressed his erection against Vic's thigh.

"I know a great way we could stay warm."

Vic was trying hard not to groan at the throbbing in his crotch. "Oh yeah, how?"

Mac turned to Vic and cupped his face in his hand before kissing him gently. He pulled back and looked at him. Vic wasn't trying to get away.

"What do you think, Vic?"

"I think..." his voice cracked. He swallowed and spoke again, "I think that's a good idea." Mac's mouth found his again, exploring his mouth with his tongue. The strong touch of his hands on his body making him shiver with excitement.

Mac's hands moved down and undid the leather jacket Vic wore. He slid the zipper down slowly. His hands were shaking he wanted this so much.

Vic moved his mouth down to Mac's throat, sliding his tongue over the Adam's apple there. He nipped at the skin bringing a squeal from Mac. The sweet scent of his cologne mixed with his own musky fragrance, enveloping them both.

Mac finally got the buttons undone on Vic's flannel shirt revealing a white t-shirt.

"How many layers are you wearing?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Finally Mac reached a nipple. Vic sucked in his breath as Mac leaned in and sucked on the nub bringing it harder. He wove his hand through the short dark hair at his chest. His cock stiffened even more. He had to have him.

Vic brought Mac's mouth up to his again, biting and sucking the luscious lips that were even more swollen with passion. He thrust his tongue inside the moist cavern before him again, gaining a moan from the younger man.

Mac's hands went down to Vic's jeans and popped open the buttons. He then slid his hand into the warmth and felt the hardness through the thin cotton.

Vic threw his head back, his breath coming in gasps. He had never had a man touch him this way before. No one had in months.

Mac moved his mouth down to Victor's groin, his tongue snaking a trail down to the tuft of hair above the waistband of his jockey's.

Vic lifted up his hips as Mac pulled down his jeans and underwear to gain access to his cock. When Mac's mouth descended on the hard member a growl came to his throat.

Mac took the length of Victor in his mouth, tasting his essence. He dragged his tongue up the vein and lingered at the underside of the head, teasing that spot.

"Mac...Mac...I'm gonna...MAC!"

Finally Mac brought his mouth off of Victor.

"What?"

"If you touch me again I'm going to come!"

"Hmmmm....we can't have that." He covered his mouth with his own, forcing him to taste himself.

Vic pulled away, gasping, looking at the younger man, the square jaw, heavy brow. His hands moved down to Mac's jeans and undid them, also sliding them down a bit to gain access. His large, purple headed cock sprang forth. Vic studied it for a minute in the light from the fire before closing his hand over it. Mac moaned as he stroked the velvety shaft.

Mac took Vic by the shoulders and squeezed him tightly to his chest. He kissed him again noticing how his eyes deepened to a green that was almost black.

"I want you inside me Victor. I've always wanted you inside me."

"Hmmmm. I want that too."

Mac gathered the pre-cum from each man and coated, as best he could, three of Vic's fingers. He then moved over and draped himself belly down over one of the logs.

"Come on Victor, it's what I want. Push your fingers in, make me ready."

Vic moved behind Mac and started to tease his tight opening with one finger then another. By the time he got the third in Mac was thrusting his hips against his fingers.

"Oh Victor, that feels great."

Victor spit on his hands to lube up his cock before he entered the hot cavity. He pushed the head into the tight opening, groaning at the strain on his cock. He stopped a second before continuing on. Inch by inch he pushed until he was fully embedded in Mac.

"God, you're tight." He was breathing heavily, coming out in steamy gusts. Vic started moving in and out of Mac, slowly at first before gaining speed. He was using everything he had not to come right away. Sweat formed on his brow.

"Lean forward...on top of me....yeah Victor."

Vic knew what to do and reached around to grasp Mac's cock.

"Oh God," groaned Mac as Victor started moving his hand up and down the shaft.

Vic knew he wasn't going to last long and he sped up the pace on Mac's cock. Both men were moaning and breathing heavily as their bodies steamed in the cool air. Their bodies barely lit by the waning fire.

Mac was first to come, screaming Victor's name which set off Vic's orgasm as the muscles clenched around his cock.

"Oh god....Mac.....Mac!" Victor closed his eyes and let out a loud moan as he came.

They were joined for a minute as their breathing came down. Finally Vic removed himself from Mac. Both men pulled up their jeans and straightened themselves.

"You're fire's dying."

Vic threw some more branches on the fire, watching as they caught aflame.

He went back and sat beside Mac, leaning over, kissing him sweetly.

"Are you warm?"

"Yeah."

"Are you bored?"

"No."

"Good."

Mac wrapped his arms around Vic and held on to him tight until both men fell asleep.

###

"Awwww, aren't they cute. I almost hate to wake them." The Director stood over the sleeping, entwined Vic and Mac. She tapped their cheeks lightly with her riding crop. "Wakey, wakey boys."

Both men jumped and untangled themselves, moving away from each other quickly.

"What the...hey. Vic, look it's the Director."

"Um, yeah, it's the Director. Nice to, uh...how did you find us?"

"I can always find you, I never let my possessions out of my sight for long." She looked at both of them with her stony gaze. "I see you two have learned to rely on each other and possibly have become friends in the process."

"Uh, yeah, kind of. We sort of, bonded."

"Well I hope you bonded safely."

She turned and started walking away. Both men were frozen to the spot. The Director turned and looked at them.

"Come, come my boys. Time to go home. There is a road a half of kilometer this way" she waved her hand in front of her. "You may have succeeded at becoming friends but the girls cracked the case. Seems the killer was head of the logging company. He was killing these men for their life insurance money and blaming it on the environmental group. Seems he wants to buy a hockey team."

They walked a little further to a jeep waiting just above where they were.

"So, how did Li Ann and Jackie do. Did they make nice?"

The Director stopped and turned around. "No, they did not. As a matter of fact, they started beating each other up in the lounge. I had to send the Cleaners in to break them up. It was awful. Jackie's face is scratched. Li Ann has a black eye. Their clothes were practically ripped to shreds. Too bad you boys missed it. It was quite a show." She turned again and made her way to the jeep where Dobrinsky was waiting.

Vic looked at Mac, they both shrugged at each other. Their hands met for the briefest second before getting in the jeep.

###

nicxf@softhome.net

Rating: NC-17 for some bad language and m/m sex.
Series/Sequel: First part of an occasional series.
Spoilers: None
Disclaimer/Warnings: M/M sex ahead! If you don't like slash why the hell are you reading this? None of these people belong to me, they belong to Alliance and whoever they merged with last week. Don't worry, I'll return them, they're just having a bit of fun!
Summary: There is a very tiny plot here involving Vic and Mac who have to become lumberjacks and survive in the wild to solve a case.
Special thanks to Aries for super-beta fun. Blame this on Orithain—she challenged me!

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]