Go to notes and disclaimers


The Blues
by Nicole S


M ac Ramsey stood outside Vic Mansfield's apartment door, debating for the tenth time if he should knock on the door or not. The Director had sent him over here with some computer disks for Vic, that had information regarding the case they were assigned to.

I could just slip them through his mail slot...But then the Director would get mad, and I really don't need her mad at me. Mac closed his eyes and knocked on the door before opening them again. Vic answered after a few seconds, wearing a baggy, blue sweater and jeans.

"Hey, Mac, what's up?"

"The Director sent me over here to give you these disks." He held a package out to Victor.

"Come in." Vic stepped aside to allow Mac to pass by.

"It's not really necessary..." Mac's voice trailed off as he stepped through the door against his better judgment. He had been avoiding the other agent since that incident in the small cabin in the woods. He didn't know what to make of what happened, other than they were under extreme stress and needed to relieve some of it. He had been having dreams and thinking of the other agent since that incident, erotic dreams, dreams that left him in a sticky mess in the morning. The more he tried not to think about Victor pressed naked up against his own body, the more he did think about it.

"Do you want a beer or something?" Vic asked, breaking him out of his trance.

"No, I should be...I can't..." Mac furrowed his brow and sighed. I shouldn't have come in here.

Vic breathed in and out quickly, "Mac, I'm glad you're here, actually, I've been thinking, we need to talk."

Mac looked up, surprised, "No, we don't, really. There's nothing to say."

"Then why did you come here?"

"I told you, the Director sent me over with the, uh, disks and you don't want to piss her off, or she'll, you know, show up at your house."

"She could have given them to me tomorrow."

"Vic, she caught me as I was leaving today and made me promise I'd give you these disks; that's the only reason why I'm here."

"We still need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Mac, you came on my leg, that's something to talk about."

"It was more like your stomach, and...wait...it's...I...ugh!" Mac grimaced in frustration, sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands.

"C'mon, Ramsey, out with it. You've been thinking about what happened as much as I have."

"What, that you seduced me into doing something I didn't want to do?"

"Excuse me? Seduced you? I was merely doing my job, making sure you didn't die of hypothermia. You made all the first moves, Mac, and I seem to recall you wanting it very badly. We both wanted it, both wanted each other."

Mac looked up at him, "You stripped me naked then got in bed with me, and you expected me to just lie there? You were writhing up against me."

"I was not." Vic laughed, "You're really bent out of shape with this, aren't you? Is it because we're both men?"

"Yes, I am! No, that has nothing to do with it...I'm...it's...I love LiAnn!'

Vic snorted, "Yeah, well she doesn't love you, get over it."

Mac opened and closed his mouth, "Well, she doesn't love you, either!"

"I know that; it's over."

Mac could only offer a snort. He sat back and folded his arms across his chest, "If you're still offering that drink, I think I need one right now."

Vic smirked and rose to get them both a beer out of the fridge. He knew Mac would come after him sooner or later. He saw how the younger agent had been avoiding him lately, proof that he was thinking about him. Vic didn't mind; in fact, he was happy he came over; now he just had to convince him to stay throughout the night. Unfortunately, with Mac, you had to wait for him to come to you; any pushing or prodding and he'd be out the door. While Mac certainly annoyed him sometimes with his attitude, he wanted his body very badly. He went back out to the living room and handed Mac his beer before sitting down at the opposite end of the couch from him.

Mac took a sip of the cold beer before speaking, "Look, Vic, you're right. I have been thinking about what happened, and I think we should just forget about it and go back to the way things were."

Vic took a sip of his beer and put it down on the coffee table, "Fine with me."

Mac opened and closed his mouth again, his lips forming a pout. "Good, I'm...I'm glad we're straight on this. I don't want anyone getting any wrong ideas."

"Nope, no ideas whatsoever."

They sat there, listening to Vic's stereo, the ever present Blues music filling the room. Mac could feel himself even getting into it, the slow, driving beats, the harmonica and guitar complementing each other. "This music isn't all that bad, Mansfield."

"It's way better than that noise you listen to. This has a heart and a soul. You can find a piece of yourself in every Blues song."

Mac shrugged and took another sip of his beer.

"I'm serious, there's always a song that relates to what you're thinking and what you're doing. That's how I get through life; I relate what I do to the music I listen to, like a soundtrack. The Blues is a feeling, deep down in the pit of your stomach; you don't just listen to the music and the words; you feel them in your soul."

"Vic, I think you're interpreting things a little too much here. You should really get out more."

"That's what it's all about, Mac, interpretation. It's up to you to feel good or bad. Here, this song here can relate to your life in so many ways. Listen to the words, feel the music, Mac."

Vic got up and went over to the stereo where he turned up the volume. A slow, slow song came on, the harmonica and guitar dueling for dominance, one strong before fading and letting the other take the lead. The brushes hitting the snare provided a beat that was slower than molasses. The bass was low and brooding, as if someone were coaxing the music out of it.

"Oh, baby...look how you got me standin' 'round cryin'"

Mac looked up, surprised to find Vic singing along with the song; he had quite a good voice.

"Oh, baby...look how you got me standin' 'round cryin'. Well, I know you don't love me, baby, but you're always resting on my mind."

Mac licked his lower lip. Vic had his eyes closed as he sang along with the sultry song. He had a look of pure bliss on his face, as if the music flowed through him.

Vic opened his eyes and looked at his partner, "See, those words could mean anything about anybody. A lost love, a lost friendship, a one-night stand." He came over and sat in the corner of the couch opposite Mac again. "Do you see what I mean?"

"I guess so."

Mac took another sip of his beer. This music was quite sexy.

"It...it grabs you and reels you in. Listen to this guy play the harmonica; you can hear his heart breaking with every note. You can hear the passion, the longing; you know that he's alone with no one to love him."

"Vic, I think you're taking this a little too seriously."

"No, I'm not, it's a part of me, just as your annoying behaviour is a part of you."

"Hmph, is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?"

Vic laughed, "I'm not really sure."

They both laughed together, something they rarely did. The song was ending, Vic singing the last chorus. He looked in Mac's eyes as the last words rolled off his tongue, "Well, when I was lovin' you baby...you was sweet as an apple on the tree."

Mac nearly choked as he saw Vic smirk and pick up his beer. The next song came on, as sultry and sexy as the previous one, the heavy bass sending shivers up Mac's spine. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, sneaking a glance at Vic who was sprawled in the corner of the couch, his eyes closed, engrossed in the music again. Was Vic trying to be friendly, or was he trying to get in his pants? He had been thinking about Vic constantly since the cabin in the woods. He had known that once he stepped through that door, he would want him. Mac sighed and leaned back against the cushions on the couch, listened to the music, and tried to quell the stirring in his pants.

"I am a simple man, looking for a handout, how can you resist such a simple plea? Ever since you left, ever since the fallout, I've been stuck in here, seeking some relief, thought I'd take a chance, thought I'd send a call out, not that you would care, but you see, now I sit around filling the blank time..." Vic was right, these words mean something if you want them to. He felt a presence near him and opened his eyes; Vic was hovering over him.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just...listening."

"Hmmm."

Vic sat closer to him now, their thighs not quite touching. Mac closed his eyes again.

"Being on my own was never my intention, how do things like this seem to happen to me? Was it something that I said, or forgot to mention..." Mac sighed. That's definitely me. I had a family, a good life, thought I was going to have a new life, but it all got screwed up and now I'm on my own. LiAnn doesn't love me anymore... He sighed again. Now I can see why they call this the "Blues".

Suddenly there were lips pressed against his own. Mac opened his eyes and saw Vic's face before his, and he jerked back.

Vic sank back to the other end of the couch, "I'm...I'm sorry."

"No, I...I'm just surprised. I mean, I think...I want...I..."

Vic looked over at Mac, "You want it too?"

"I've been thinking about...things." He took a deep breath, "And you know, if you know, you want to...you know...then I'm, well, I'm not going to say no."

"Geez, spit it out, Ramsey," Vic laughed.

Mac leaned over and kissed Vic, his hand running up to cup the back of his head. He could taste the beer on Vic's breath, his lips soft like rose petals. Hungrily, he kissed his partner, his tongue granted entrance to the moist interior. He explored Vic's mouth with his tongue, running it up over his perfect white teeth and up to his soft palate. His mouth moved down to Vic's neck, kissing and sucking on the skin, careful not to leave any marks. Lower he went until he was at the neckline of the blue sweater, where he lingered at a spot for awhile before moving back up to his partner's mouth.

Vic leaned back against the cushions, Mac making himself comfortable, stretched out on top of him, nestled between his legs. They kissed slowly, each savoring the taste of each other's mouths. The intensity of their kisses built with each breath, each man's hands roaming the other's body. A long time passed, and the CD ended but started again to that slow song Vic had sung to Mac earlier.

Vic broke free, his lips tingling from their kisses. "Stand up, Mac. Dance with me."

Both men stood. Mac didn't know what to say, or do; he had never danced with a man before.

Vic brought his hands around Mac's waist and swayed his hips in time with the music. He nibbled on the other agent's ear, his hands wandering up and down his back, reaching down to cup his ass. Mac put his arms around his neck.

Mac swung his hips in time with Vic's, mimicking his movements. The music and the movements, not to mention Vic sucking on his earlobe, raised his blood pressure, specifically in his cock. He gasped as Vic's hands ran up his front, under his shirt to tweak a nipple.

"Oh baby, look how you got me standin' round cryin." He could feel Vic's voice rumble against his throat as wet lips kissed and licked their way down. Soon his shirt was off, Vic's fingers caressing his abs and moving up to play with his nipples again. Vic's tongue lapped at one of his hard buds while his hand pinched and stroked the other. Their hips never ceased movement, grinding into each other's groin, their bulges pressing against each other.

"Well I know you don't love me baby, but you're always resting on my mind." Vic's mouth moved up to linger at Mac's collarbone, marking him. The music, the taste of Mac on his tongue, it was almost too much to bear. His cock was throbbing in his jeans, and he could feel the pre-cum seep on to the fabric of his underwear.

Mac removed Vic's sweater; now it was his turn to feel the smooth flesh and the hair that covered it. His mouth moved down to one of the flat, brown nipples, sucking on it, licking it with his tongue.

Vic continued to serenade his lover, his voice low and sexy. He arched into Mac's touch as his tongue trailed back up to his neck, then down to his belly. His heart was pounding, competing with the rhythm of the music.

"Oh baby, you ain't nothin' like you used to be." Vic moaned as Mac undid his jeans, his hand dipping inside to stroke his hardness. He put his hand on Mac's head as his cock was freed from the confines of his underwear. A kiss was placed on the tip.

Victor was quivering as the last strains of the song left his lips in a whisper, "Well when I was lovin' you baby, you was sweet as an apple on a tree". He sucked in his breath as Mac took his cock in his mouth and started to lick the head and down. He swallowed, finding his mouth dry, almost giving in to the sensation of Mac's huge lips on his cock. He gathered his wits and realized he wanted to come while doing something different.

"Mac...Mac..."

Mac lifted his head, "What?"

"Let's..." Vic cleared his throat. "Let's go to the bedroom."

Mac stood then followed Victor into the dark room. "There's no light," Vic said, "I shot it out again yesterday." Mac grinned; he knew what he was talking about; those damn cameras were very annoying.

"Come here," Vic whispered, his voice low and sexy. He grabbed the other agent and took him in his arms, kissing him again slowly. His hands moved down to undo the belt and fastenings to the trousers Mac wore. Swiftly, he undid them and removed them from Mac's body. He also removed his own open jeans, leaving both men naked before each other.

They sat on the bed, kissing each other, caressing each other, making each other moan in anticipation. "I want to make love to you, Mac Ramsey. I want to make love to you over and over and over again."

"Gee, Vic, tell me how you really feel."

Vic smirked, a wise-ass until the bitter end. He pushed Mac down on his back and straddled him, sucking and nipping down his body, lingering at his nipples to tease them relentlessly.

Mac arched off the bed, a loud moan escaping his lips. He hadn't had a man in a long time, not since...well since Vic in that small cabin, but that wasn't officially sex, there was no penetration. Ramsey, shut up and concentrate on what Vic's doing to you. He heeded his own advice, moaning again as Vic grabbed onto his cock.

Vic breathed in Mac's scent, musky, spicy, salty; he tasted the same way. Slowly, he ran his tongue in circles around Mac's navel, wetting the hairs around it with his saliva, pushing lower with every circle to the tuft of curls below. Soon, he was kissing and licking up Mac's rather impressive erection, sucking at the top, teasing the slit with his tongue. His hand went down to stroke the fuzzy sac underneath, squeezing gently as he lapped up the spot of pre-cum that had formed on the top of Mac's cock.

All coherent thought left Mac's mind for a moment as he felt Vic's lips come around his cock. This was just like his dream, but this was very, very real. He reached down and stroked Vic's soft hair, tracing around his ears with his fingers. Suddenly, the mouth was gone, and Mac looked down at his partner lover?.

"I want us to come together, Mac. How does that sound to you?" Vic's voice was like a growl and a whisper rolled into one.

"That sounds just fine to me."

Vic came up to kiss Mac, thrusting his tongue deep down the other man's throat, forcing him to taste himself. He grinned down at Mac before reaching over to the nightstand for lube and a condom. Settling between Mac's legs again, he coated two fingers and started to prepare him.

Mac bent his knees and spread his legs wide, giving the other agent full access to him. He felt one finger tease his opening then push inside. Then Vic's lips and tongue were on his balls, sucking and licking at the fragile skin. Mac closed his eyes and swallowed, concentrating on the sensations that were going to overwhelm him any second.

Vic sucked on Mac's balls while he entered a second finger into him, stretching the opening with need and almost near urgency. He wanted this so badly he wasn't sure how much longer he could wait. Finally, he brought his mouth off of Mac's balls and placed his legs over his shoulders. He tore the condom package open with his teeth and began rolling it down over his erection.

"Do you...I mean, you don't have to..."

"I think we should."

Mac only nodded; it didn't matter to him in the least bit, just as long as Vic fucked him as soon as possible. He felt the head of Vic's cock stretch him as he slowly pushed against the tight ring of muscle. He pushed his head back into the mattress, the pleasure and pain ripping through his body, sending every nerve ending in his body into a frenzy. He was panting as Vic stopped to lean forward to capture a lingering kiss.

Vic stopped pushing into Mac; he was so tight, so hot, he was going to lose it any minute. He broke away from the kiss and put his head on Mac's chest, hearing his heart pound underneath the skin and muscle.

"Just...just a minute, Mac."

Mac bit his lower lip in frustration; he could feel the head of Vic's cock in him, he wanted the rest in there so badly. Finally, an eternity later, Vic sat up and started thrusting gently into him again, each push sending him deeper and deeper. Mac twisted the sheets in his hands and moaned; he now knew what Vic meant; he wasn't sure he could hold on that long either.

"This isn't going to last long, Mac. It's going to be fast and furious. We'll take the next one slow."

"Shut up and fuck me, Mansfield!"

Vic smirked before he started to thrust, hard and with need. They both wanted to come so badly, he was going to make sure they did. He wrapped a hand around Mac's cock and jacked him as he thrust, biting on his lip, hoping the pain wouldn't let him come too soon. Unfortunately it didn't work, and a minute later, he let out a cry and milked his cock of all his cream.

Mac was not far behind; hearing Vic cry out sent him hurtling over the edge, his fluid spattering them both as he came. Victor was still kneeling, embedded in him, shudders going through his body. He collapsed to the side, pulling out of Mac, both men just lying there for a couple of minutes to catch their breath.

Vic got up and went to the bathroom, coming back a minute later with a warm, damp cloth to clean up Mac. He wiped the cum off of his chest, then tossed the cloth to the side before snuggling up to the former thief. He kissed his damp chest and let out a big sigh, basking in the afterglow.

Mac held Vic close to his chest. His body was tingling all over; he hadn't come like that in a long time. Sleep was coming on; his eyes were closing. He felt himself drift off, but not before he heard Vic whisper, "You're still sweet as an apple on a tree."

###

nicxf@softhome.net

Rating: NC-17 for a few of naughty words and m/m sex.
webpage: https://www.squidge.org/terma/nicole/nicole.htm
Spoilers: The Pilot, Last Temptation of Vic
Sequel/Series: Sequel to Polaris.
Disclaimer: Seeing as though my tax dollars went to subsidize Once A Thief, I like to think of them as mine. For legal purposes though, they belong to Alliance and some other company. Please don't sue me, I'm broke.
Summary: Mac comes over to talk to Vic, and gets a lesson in the blues. Total PWP.
Notes: The song "Standing Around Crying" was not written by Big Sugar, but they do an awesome job of it on the CD "500 Pounds". The song "Cop A Plea" is from the Big Sugar CD "Heated". While we're at it, the Big Sugar CD "Hemi-Vision" rocks too!
Thank you to Aries and Orithain for supreme beta. Additional thanks to Amy. This story is for Dr. Ruthless—Happy Birthday!!!!
March 99

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]