Go to notes and disclaimers


So Inclined IV
by LeFey


Connected


Mac straightened the silk tie he had knotted for Vic. Black, shot through with an abstract pattern of emerald green, it went perfectly with the elegant charcoal suit Mac had had specially tailored as Victor's birthday present. He smoothed the collar of the finely woven ivory shirt, and took Vic by the shoulders, holding him at arm's length.

"You look good enough to eat," he said in his best seductive whisper.

Vic rolled his shoulders out of Mac's grasp while his cheeks tinted crimson.

"Yeah? Well, save that for later," he teased back. He poked a finger inside the edge of his collar and pulled a little.

"This is an incredible suit." His eyes met Mac's and the sincerity in what he was saying was unmistakable. "I've never had anything like this, ever." His hand moved automatically to slightly loosen the tie's knot. "I'm not really comfortable in clothes like this."

"You look great!" Mac insisted as he ran his hands over Vic's arms. Since Victor had put on the suit Mac could barely keep his hands off of him. "You should wear things like this all the time. You've got the perfect body for tailored clothes, broad shoulders and a narrow waist. You've got the height..."

Victor took Mac's hands in his, in order to stop the petting that continued as he spoke.

"These clothes are you," Vic said quietly but firmly. "I love that you did this for me, but it's not me, Mac."

"It could be, Vic. If you just gave it a chance."

"Stop trying to change me," Vic snapped as he dropped Mac's hands.

Mac studied him for a moment before he answered.

"I wasn't... I don't..."

Vic reached out and drew him into his arms.

"Sorry," he said, his lips pressed against the other man's cheek. "My temper." He gave Mac a firm squeeze. "I know that's not an excuse."

"I just see so much more in you, Vic."

Victor disentangled himself as Mac began an all too familiar argument. Vic kissed him briefly hoping to shut him up. When it didn't work he walked towards the door.

"What time are the reservations?" he interrupted.

Mac looked startled for a moment but then shrugged and took a deep breath. He was becoming used to Vic winning arguments by not arguing.

"Wait! Wait," he urged when he saw Vic's hand on the doorknob. "I've got something else."

"Mac, no!" Vic called after him as he disappeared into the bedroom.

In a moment he returned carrying a full-length garment bag adorned with a bow.

Vic had his hands up trying to fend off the gift.

"Mac, this is too much."

"Too much is never enough, Baby." Mac was grinning as he held the present out to Vic. "Besides, it's the middle of November. I'm not having you freeze that prize ass off. And you can't wear that damn jacket over this suit."

Vic started to unfasten the bow but Mac was too impatient. He ripped it off and tossed it aside. Mac had the bag open and discarded and was beaming as he held up a long black topcoat.

Vic reached for it hesitantly; certain that as his hand neared Mac would have it on him before he could even touch it. To his surprise Mac stayed still and gave a look of near lust when Vic's fingers stroked the soft fabric of the lapel.

"My God, Mac. This is too much."

"It's cashmere. Hugo Boss. I bought it after you had the suit fitted. I gave it to your tailor to alter." He slipped the coat off the hanger and held it open to reveal the lush maroon silk lining. "It's going to fit you like a glove."

Vic wanted to say he didn't have a tailor. He had Thrifty's, Mark's Work Warehouse, and a Sears catalogue. The guy was Mac's tailor. Vic just smiled and shook his head at the thought of the improbable amount of money Mac had spent on these clothes. Still he had promised himself earlier that he wasn't going to say anything. He was going to make nice. He wasn't going to spoil anything. This was Mac's birthday.

That idea brought him up short. It was the first time he'd actually put into words, even if it was only in his thoughts, what he was feeling. Mac was pushing the coat on him, admonishing him to hold his cuffs as he drew the sleeves up. Any protest on Vic's part seemed useless at the moment. He was being dressed like a precious child being sent out into the snow.

"When did you... Where did you hide this?" He managed as Mac did up the last button.

"I brought it over this afternoon. Remember? You were in the shower when I came in. I took your suit out and just hung the coat in the closet. You never noticed."

"Crafty," Vic conceded as Mac flashed him a smug grin.

"Come in the bedroom and look at it. You have to see it in a full length mirror."

Mac hustled him off to the bedroom and closed the door so Vic could admire himself in the mirror that hung on the back of the door.

Victor looked at his image. There was a vague resemblance to the Victor Mansfield he knew. He looked older in these clothes. They made him appear self-important and decadent. Mac hovering behind him like an attending manservant only increased this patrician air.

"You like it?" Mac asked and the certainty that Mac did honeyed his voice.

"I look like a Mafia Don."

Mac stopped fussing for a moment and answered the remark with a dismissive snort.

"Right. The only English-Irish, freckled, ex-Catholic Mafia Don in the world." He had resumed brushing invisible specks of lint from Victor's shoulders as he finished talking. His hands moved to Vic's hair and he ruffled it. "You ever think about growing your hair out a little? Longer hair is really in now. We've still got time, let me spike your hair up."

Victor batted at Mac's hand and twisted away from him. He saw the beginning of a hurt frown when he turned.

"We better leave." Vic tried to gloss over his curt movements. "I'm getting really warm in this coat."

Mac smiled again. "It's great, isn't it?" He leaned near Vic and his voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper. "There's a pair of Armani gloves in the pocket."

Vic slumped with exasperation.

"Mac, for Christ sake. This really is too much."

He pulled the black leather gloves from one deep silk-lined pocket when it looked like Mac would do it for him.

"Thank you, Mac," He said as he pulled on one of the gloves. "But you've got to stop..." The sentence trailed off as Vic flexed his hand inside the buttery soft leather. He looked up, astonishment lighting his features. "These are damn nice gloves!"

"You've proved to be worth it," Mac countered and placed a kiss on Vic's half open mouth. The kiss quickly grew from affectionate to wanton.

Vic allowed himself a minute of play as the knowing, soft caress of Mac's tongue sent a delicious heat through his body, but when he felt the tickle as his cock responded he gently pushed the other man away.

"Stop," he mumbled half-heartedly. "Don't do that before we go out."

Mac leaned in to give him one more quick teasing kiss. "That's just a little taste of what's going to happen later tonight."

###

"I could learn how to make this," Vic said as he sopped up the remaining garlic butter from his escargot with a piece of crusty French bread. "That cooking school I went to had lots of classes on French cuisine."

"Well, don't bother on my account," Mac popped off as he finished his last bite of pate. "I can't believe you won't touch eel, octopus, shark fin soup or urchin yet you'll go on about how delicious slugs are."

"They're snails," Vic corrected. "And besides it's the sauce."

"That's another point, everything on the menu has enough fat in it to give you an instant coronary."

"Everything you eat is loaded with salt. The Chinese have the highest rate of hypertension in the world. And it's because of all the salt in the food."

"Thank you, Doctor Mansfield."

"Why'd you bring me here if you don't like the food?" Vic asked sharply.

Mac looked up, surprised by the tone. "I like the food. I...I... thought we were just bitching like we usually do. I didn't mean anything by it. Jeez, you're touchy tonight! I came here because I knew you'd like it."

"So, you did this for me?" There was a note of disbelief in Vic's tone.

"Of course I did. It's your birthday."

"That's the rumor," Vic shot back.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing." Vic took a sip of his expensive microbrewery beer and glanced around. The restaurant was very elegant. There was a scattering of couples, a man with two older women, some obvious business duos and a few tables occupied by two men and a woman. Everyone was dressed well; some people almost as turned out as Victor. He let the spike of anger fade that came with thinking this night was really for Mac's benefit. This was a setting for special occasions.

"This is a very nice place. Thanks, Mac."

"See, I know what you like. I wanted some place nice."

Vic was relaxed and enjoying himself when the meal was over and small cups of rich dark coffee arrived. He had even kept his mouth shut when Mac had slipped his hand along his thigh under the cover of the starched linen tablecloth. He decided that he would let Mac do whatever he liked, short of kissing him, as long as he was discreet. This was probably the first and last time they'd ever come to this restaurant so he'd indulge his affectionate partner.

"You've got the most beautiful eyes," Mac said and leaned close to him. "Those lashes are just killer."

Vic gave an embarrassed laugh and sat back in his chair.

"Lose the pickup lines," Vic teased. "You've already got me in bed."

"I can't help it. Being here with you... it just... well, it just brings out the romantic in me."

Vic laughed aloud at that. "I think it's all that wine you drank that brings out the bullshit artist in you."

Mac turned suddenly and felt for his belt.

"My pager went off."

"I didn't hear anything," Vic said.

"I've got it on vibrate."

"Oh!" Vic laughed softly. "Do you two want to be alone?"

"I left the phone in the car. Will you be okay here for a minute, Baby?" He reached out to touch Vic's cheek but the hand was intercepted and pushed down.

"Mac, be careful," Vic warned in a harsh whisper.

"Nobody here..."

"Just go answer your page." Vic cut him off.

"I'm going to start calling you Sybil," Mac groused as he stood up. "I'll be back in a minute."

Vic watched him walk away. This was his own fault. He should know better than give Mac his head. He had no restraint, no sense of where he was. He'd let his guard down once before and humored Mac by going to one of those techno-clubs he liked. Not only had he insisted that they dance to the so-called music, but Mac had shoved him against a wall and attempted to make-out. Granted there were several other couples, straight, gay and unidentifiable around, doing a lot more than sticking their hands down the front of their partners pants. That didn't make Vic feel any less angry and certainly didn't prevent the fight that split them up for two weeks.

He picked up a piece of orange flavored Turkish delight from the small silver dish that accompanied the coffee. Vic popped it in his mouth and wiped the powdered sugar from his fingers with the heavy linen napkin still on his lap. He washed the exquisite sweetness from his mouth with a sip of coffee and looked towards the foyer waiting for Mac's return.

"Excuse me?"

Vic looked up at the sound of the masculine voice. The man standing by the table was tall, with chiseled features and intense blue eyes set in a tanned face. He extended his hand as soon as Vic looked at him.

"Hi, I'm Ross Coltrane."

Vic took his hand, noting the firm handshake.

"Do I know you?" Vic asked instead of introducing himself.

"No. No you don't. Mind if I sit down?" He motioned at the chair beside him.

Vic nodded. 'This is just great', he thought. 'Mac leaves me alone and I get jumped by ... what? ...Probably an insurance salesman.'

The man flashed an appealing smile after he sat down and Vic was certain he wanted something.

"Did your friend leave?"

"Ah... No." Vic motioned towards the foyer. "He left his phone in the car. He'd gotten a page."

"Oh?" The man looked disappointed at the explanation. "I thought he'd left."

Vic simply shook his head no.

"I see." He shrugged a little and continued. "I'm here with my mother and my Aunt, her sister. It's my Aunt's birthday and..." He smiled and dipped his head then looked up at Vic, his cheeks misted pink. "You don't need to hear all that. Anyway I was... ah...we were watching... Well, we thought your friend had left and we just wanted to ask you to join us."

"That's very nice of you, ah, Ross," Vic started uncertain of what this was all about, "but he'll be back in a minute. Thanks anyway."

"Of course. You're welcome." He smiled at Vic again and then looked down and studied the tablecloth for a moment. "I'm sorry," he said finally. "I'm not very good at this. I just thought..." He looked up and the intensity of his attention froze Vic. "Somebody like you doesn't come along every day. I had to at least try."

Vic shifted uneasily in his chair.

"Are you..." he struggled to get the words out. "Are you trying to pick me up?"

"Failing, I'd say." The man gave a resigned laugh. "I wasn't thinking of it as a pick-up really. I just wanted to meet you. I'm sorry to bother you."

"It's no bother," Vic said quickly. He could feel the heat rise in his face.

"I've embarrassed you. I'm sorry."

"No," Vic assured him but knew his face must be glowing. "Well, yeah. I mean..." He laughed suddenly unable to control the foolish reaction.

The man had a bemused look on his face.

"My God, you're charming," he told Vic. "You really have no idea the impression you make."

Vic stammered a little. He wanted to explain that the clothes were somebody else's idea, and he usually looked pretty ordinary and he didn't understand why he felt so damn flattered that another man found him charming, but all he could manage to do was laugh again.

The man across the table from him laughed as well.

"You still haven't told me your name," he said after they'd sat in silence and stared at one another for a long moment.

Vic reached out his hand. "Mansfield. Vic Mansfield." And they shook hands again.

"Let me make some reparation for all this nonsense. Are you and your friend going into the lounge to dance, later? I'd like to buy you a bottle of champagne to make amends."

Vic straightened, then sat forward in his chair.

"What's this about dancing?"

The man brightened at the question.

"There is a huge dance floor in the lounge and a very good band. If you're going to stay for the evening I'll come back after I take my Mother and Aunt home. That is if I can steal you away from your friend for a dance."

"And they don't mind men dancing together here?"

The man laughed. "You've never been here before, have you? The majority of the patrons here are gay. It's a very nice place to bring relatives and the lounge is more upscale than most places."

It was all falling into place now. This restaurant was Mac's idea. All the petting, the sweet talk was all just the lead-in to the real reason they were here. Mac wanted to dance. Mac always wanted to dance; the more public the venue the better. That fucking little shit had set him up. Vic could feel the warmth of his embarrassment turn to the heat of anger.

"Are you going to stay and dance?" the man asked when Vic didn't answer.

"Ah..." Vic stammered as he came back to the conversation. "Dancing? No, sorry. I don't dance."

"Oh..." the word was finished with a disappointed sigh. He suddenly reached inside his jacket and withdrew his wallet. He produced a business card.

"Like I said, I'm not very good at this." He placed the card on the table in front of Victor. "If you ever want to... well... I'd like to take you out some time. Just call me if you'd like." He extended his hand once more. "I have to get back to my family."

Vic took his hand and smiled. He picked up the card with his free hand.

"Thanks."

The one word brought a very big smile from the man before he turned and walked back to his table.

A moment later Mac slid back into his seat.

"What did that guy want?"

"Who was on the phone?" Vic looked into his coffee cup.

Mac laughed. "That was LiAnn. She was fanging me about taking you out to dinner without including her. Whoa, is she pissed!"

"She's not the only one," Vic said and turned to look at Mac.

"What?" The smile faded quickly from Mac's face.

"You want to know what that guy wanted?"

"I asked, didn't I." Mac's tone was growing defensive as he watched the color flare across Vic's cheeks.

"He thought you'd left. He was hitting on me. Seems this place accommodates upscale gays. There's dancing later, but I guess you knew that."

Mac flashed that ingratiating kid grin, but it was only half-hearted. He knew he'd been caught big-time.

"That was supposed to be a little surprise."

"It's turned out to be a big lie."

Victor took his wallet from his inside jacket pocket. He fished out a pair of big bills and placed them on the table in front of Mac.

"There's my half of the meal." He started to rise but Mac grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Vic, this is my treat." He pushed the money back towards Vic who didn't touch it. "It's your birthday. I'm getting this."

"You're not getting it at all. I don't like to be played for a fool."

Vic jerked his arm out of Mac's grasp as best he could without drawing attention to them; then he stood and walked away.

###

Mac found Victor sitting in the car. He looked away as Mac entered.

"You forgot your coat," he told him as he draped the garment along the minimal backseat of the sports car.

"It's your coat," Vic replied, his tone flat and dismissive.

"Vic, please don't do this." Mac reached out to touch him but Victor moved his arm away.

"Just drop me at home."

"Can't we at least talk about this? It's not fair that you always pull this silence crap on me when things don't go your way."

Victor turned in the seat. He glared at Mac his eyes bright and narrowed with anger.

"You've got a lot of goddamn balls to say something like that to me. This whole night has been about you." He punched the eject button on the in-dash CD player and snatched the disk that popped out. "We listened to this noise, Rocket Cramps or Monkey Crap or whatever the hell this trash is called all the way over here tonight."

He held the CD up, the parking lot lights glinting off the silver-tone surface.

"You know I hate this stuff. You were certainly thinking of me there." He flung the CD and it clattered against the back window.

"Hey, that's an import," Mac protested as he glanced to see where the disk had landed. "They're hard to come by." The words trailed off as he looked back at Vic and was met with an angry scowl. "I took you to the nicest place I know where we could really be out together."

"I don't want to be out Mac. My sexuality is my private business."

"I'm not ashamed to let people know I'm with you," Mac challenged. "You're an incredible looking guy, when you're dressed right. I leave you alone for a couple of minutes, and somebody is already after you. Somebody who is pretty damn sharp himself."

"When I'm dressed right?" Vic shook his head. "That's really what this is all about, isn't it? You just want me to be the right accessory for you. You treated women that way; why should I think it would be any different with me."

Mac reached in the back seat and held up the coat.

"I bought this coat for..."

Vic cut him off. "You bought all these clothes for yourself. Ever since we first picked out cloth for this suit you've been treating me like some life-size Ken doll. You gave me these things so you could play dress-up with me."

"Can I help it if there's a dress code at this restaurant? And you wouldn't be allowed in wearing those thrift-store rags you're so fond of," Mac shot back.

"I never wanted to come here in the first place," Vic bellowed.

"I didn't know that," Mac said quietly.

"That's a fucking lie, and you know that. I told you all I wanted to do on my birthday was go to Parker's for ribs and spend the evening at the Blue Note listening to music. You asked me what I wanted to do four different times. I think each time you hoped I'd change my mind. You knew damn well what I wanted. You are just too fucking self- centered to do anything but what Mac Ramsey wants."

"I'm trying to show you there's more to life than watching sports on television, drinking watery beer and wearing the same pair of cheap jeans." Mac's voice escalated to a frustrated crescendo.

Vic gave him a bitter smile. "You know, if there is a woman in this so-called relationship it's you. All you've tried to do from the minute we got together is change me."

Mac stiffened at the comment.

"Vic, I'm tired of you always saying that I'm an insult to your perfect, fucking masculinity. Especially, since you're so insecure about it you can't even admit we have sex. You have to pretend it's some perverted sadistic game."

Mac saw the reaction, the shadow that washed over Vic's face and would have given anything to take back his words.

"Vic... I... ah..."

Victor reached for the door handle and froze as Mac grabbed his arm.

"Vic don't leave. Let me make it up to you."

Vic didn't look at him, he didn't move. His voice was low and deadly when he spoke.

"Let go of me Mac, or I'm going to say some things you don't want to hear."

There was no resistance, this time, as Vic turned and opened the door.

Mac sat in stunned silence for a few minutes. But then he gathered up the cashmere coat Vic had left and went off to find him. He didn't have to go far. As he rounded the corner of the restaurant Vic was standing out front. For just a second Mac thought he was waiting for a cab, and that he could persuade him to get back in the car and let Mac take him home.

Then he heard the introductions as Vic met the two women who were with the man from the restaurant. Mac heard Vic's voice rise in interest. He knew the tone; he knew the reaction Vic could evoke when he turned his attention on someone. In a moment everyone was smiling and each women seemed to take turns touching Vic's arm as they spoke with him.

Mac felt like he was anchored to the sidewalk. He clutched the coat to his chest and watched as the man clapped Vic on the back and Vic turned and smiled at him as well.

How could Vic just walk around a corner and out of his life? Mac was numb and racked with pain at the same time. The conflict froze him not giving him an option but to watch these people take Vic away from him. What could he do? Storm up and make a scene? Vic would have a fit. Vic didn't like him when he was being nice let alone... A small gasp shook him. The words had come so easily, the most natural thing to think. Vic didn't like him. How many times, when they first met and were fighting for possession of LiAnn, had Vic told him that? Later, when they began to make love and brought each other to the edge of exhaustion it had become a joke. "I don't even like you," Vic would say with a slaked smile, and Mac would respond with a contented sigh, "Don't like you much, either." The phrase that had started in hatred had grown to be the substitute for the words they couldn't say. Mac had never thought it could go full circle, but standing here, watching Vic give the attention that Mac craved so badly to strangers, he was afraid it was true. Vic didn't like him.

A limousine pulled up and as the door was opened the two women entered. Then Vic was ushered into the car as well.

Mac watched the car pull slowly away from the curb. Traffic was heavy. He'd have no trouble following them.

###

Vic wedged himself into the corner of the elevator as it rose to the fourth floor and his apartment. He was in a foul mood and glad to be alone. Mac had pissed him off for the last time.

He lashed out and slammed his fist into the elevator wall. The car vibrated from the impact.

It had been all he could do to play nice during the limo drive home. Ross never asked what happened; why he was waiting for a cab, but he was a little too pleased that Vic needed a ride, and he was a way too insistent that Vic should join the three of them when his family went skiing next week. Vic wanted to tell him he wasn't interested in guys, only in one guy.

The thought made him cringe. As the elevator doors opened he walked through, shaking his head. He only wanted to be with Mac, and Mac would only be satisfied if they wound up having their hair done together.

Vic took his keys from his pocket. This was best. It was over. He'd been alone before and lived to tell about it. He'd been alone a lot and hated it. He stood for a moment and swallowed trying to rid himself of the idea. He should be standing here with Mac trying to fish his keys out of his pocket as Mac pushed him against the wall, teasing and licking and biting while Vic struggled to unlock the door.

Vic jerked his head a little as the image generated a blush across his cheeks. Things were just too complicated with Mac. This was best.

He slid the key in the lock and eased open the door. The lights he'd turned off were on and a figure moved towards him. Vic's hand rose to the inside of his jacket.

"Leave the piece alone, Vic," the tall dark-haired man said as he stepped in front of him. He held out an ID badge.

Vic recognized it as Agency issue but kept his hand on the gun. He looked at the badge then at the fellow smiling hopefully at him. It was the same guy. He was olive skinned and handsome in an exotic way, Greek or maybe Latin, it was hard to tell. He was dressed in fitted gray slacks and a royal blue V-necked sweater that gave him a casual elegance. Vic knew the type. This was the sort of slick, always-at-ease bastard that instantly made Vic feel like a dork. He was in no mood for this.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Elliot Hampton." He held out an envelope with Vic's name written on it in the Director's unmistakable handwriting.

Vic slumped.

"What does she want?" His hand left the gun and he began to pull his tie off as he pushed past Elliot and walked into the living room.

"You could look at the card and find out," Elliot suggested as he followed Vic across the room.

Vic took off his jacket and tossed it across the back of the couch. He stripped off his gun and holster, depositing them on the coffee table.

During all this Elliot stood patiently offering the card.

Finally, with a disgusted grunt Vic took it.

He slipped the card from the envelope and read it.

"Section Six," he said, a note of skepticism rising in his voice. "I thought that was some...myth or something." He looked up from the card. "The agency's version of a dirty joke."

Elliot smiled pleasantly at him and held out his hands as if showing himself off.

"I'm very real, and so is Section Six."

Victor's eyes narrowed. "Then that would make you an agency whore."

Elliot lowered his hands.

"My, my Vic. I never knew you had such a mean streak. Actually, that would make me your birthday present."

"I'm not interested," Vic said as he dropped the card on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen in search of a beer. "Get out."

"I can't, Vic. She sent me here for you, well, you and Mac. Where is Mac, by the way?"

"Ask someone who cares," Vic said as he walked back into the living room, beer in hand.

"Oh, does that mean you..."

"It means I'm not interested in adding to her video collection. Now, get the hell out before I put you out."

"You mind if I have a beer?" Elliot asked and motioned towards the kitchen.

Vic stopped on his way to the bedroom and turned, frustration balling his free hand.

"You've got more nerve than a sore tooth, don't you?"

"Is that a yes?" Elliot was standing next to the couch and picked up the jacket slung across the back. "You want me to hang this up for you?" He held the jacket out and admired the garment. "Great suit." He gently draped the jacket over his arm. "Bedroom closet?"

"Don't bother. I'll never wear it again," Vic snapped. "Now, about you leaving?"

"You look terrific in it." Elliot smiled. "But I actually like you better in jeans and that leather jacket of yours."

Vic gave a bitter laugh. "You're the only one."

"You look tense," Elliot said as he walked over to stand next to Vic. "Maybe I could give you a massage and relax you." He smiled again. "I give a great massage."

Vic threw up his hands with frustration.

"Why am I not surprised. Where'd she find you Elliot? In a bathhouse, massage parlor or just a brothel?"

"In point of fact, Vic," Elliot's voice took on note of anger. "I was teaching English 101 at a local Community College. I found myself frustrated and bored. You see, I have a useless liberal Arts degree, worse yet a pathetically useless Master's degree with a thesis on Cavalier poetry. I was, how does that little ditty go? Underpaid, oversexed and over the Director's knee, in that private club she frequents when career opportunity... ahem... arose. I understand she found you in prison."

"That's it!" Vic snatched the jacket from over his arm.

"Good, so we're through insulting each other?" Elliot asked. He took the jacket back and headed for the bedroom.

"Hey," Vic called, but the man ignored him and disappeared into the bedroom. Vic shook his head. "Fuck this, noise!" He put his beer bottle on the coffee table and prepared to throw this jerk out.

"That's not my bed!" He shouted the moment he entered the bedroom. There in place of his comfortable, pressboard photo-veneered double bed was a gigantic, brushed-aluminum monstrosity.

"She thought yours wasn't adequate." Elliot threw over his shoulder as he hung up Vic's jacket.

"It's huge." Vic said, his voice wavering between disbelief and anxiety

"You're lucky it fits in the bedroom." Elliot came to stand beside him. "If it hadn't I think she would have packed the place up and moved you into a bigger apartment." He flashed a skeptical smile "That would have been fun, trying to convince you to move on top of everything else.

Elliot ran a hand over the brushed aluminum foot that rose in a wave, supported by posts of differing diameters, a smaller version of the headboard. "It's a little stark and techno looking for my taste but I understand it is a very good bed."

"What's this?" Vic picked up the padded cuff of a brown leather restraint attached to one of the metal posts. As he looked he noticed the three others positioned strategically at the other side of the foot and each side of the headboard. "Is she using these instead of bows on gifts, now?"

"She said you were into that."

"How the hell does she know what I'm into?"

Elliot shrugged and gave a faint smile. "She knows everything, about all of us, Vic." His voice trailed off as Vic lowered his head and silently acknowledged that no one who worked for the Director had any secrets from her.

Elliot eased his arm around Vic's shoulder and squeezed his arm. "Don't!" Vic jerked away. He raised his hand in warning. "Don't, touch me."

Elliot raised his hands as well, in an attempt to fend off the anger that burned in Vic's eyes.

They both jumped when the phone rang.

"This is Vic. You got the machine. Means I must not be here. Leave a message. I'll get back to you."

The beep sounded and Vic dropped his head. He knew who was on the other end of the line even before the insistent voice started

"Vic it's, me." Mac's voice sounded stressed even through the tinny speaker. "Pick up the phone." There was a silence that seemed to last forever as Mac waited for him to answer and Vic waited for him to hang-up. "I know you're up there. I saw you go in." There was another pause. "Vic, I have to talk to you."

After the last angry plea, Vic walked to the phone.

"I don't know what I did that was so awful, but I'm sorry," Mac entreated his voice rising with frustration. "Vic, you can't do this to me!" There was a thud as if something had been struck. "Goddamn it, Victor! Pick up the phone!"

Vic reached for the phone. In one fluid motion he picked up the receiver, reached to the cradle and broke the connection. He placed the receiver, off the hook, on the end table and turned to Elliot.

"What did you have in mind?"

Elliot beamed at the sudden change of circumstances. "Anything! Anything you want, baby."

Vic snatched him up by the front of his sweater.

"Don't call me that!" he growled.

The smile had vanished and Elliot managed to ease himself out of Vic's grasp. He straightened his clothes and glanced at Vic whose breathing was still short and angry.

"Is that what Mac calls you?"

Vic scowled and raised his hand again in warning. "Just don't call me that or I'll throw your ass out of here."

"Whatever you want, Vic," Elliot agreed. "It's just... Are you really sure you don't want Mac here? I was sent..."

"The question is," Vic cut him off, "are you sure you want to be here? Because if you keep talking about shit I don't want to hear you're going to wear out you welcome damned fast. So, you want to be here?" Vic challenged.

Elliot took a tentative step towards him.

"Do I want to be here? I beat out sixteen other agents, who would have done just about anything, to be the one standing here tonight." His voice was low and seductive as he drew out the last words into a sultry whisper.

He snaked his hand around Vic's neck and pulled him close, barely grazing his mouth with a teasing kiss.

"Now, you tell me," he said softly his lips close enough to Vic's to make the man twitch with anticipation at each word, each kiss promised but not given. "Do you want me here?"

Vic crushed Elliot to his chest in answer to the whispered question. His mouth covered the others, sucking and probing. In a moment Elliot had taken the kiss from him. Finally, they broke; foreheads pressed together panting gently as they still held each other tightly.

"Nice," Elliot praised, in quiet astonishment. "You're a prize, alright."

"I... I..." Vic started. His anger was draining away, and an uneasy embarrassment was quickly overcoming him.

"What?" Elliot asked when he didn't continue. He took Vic's face in his hands. "What do you want, Vic?" He dusted soft kisses over the corners of Vic's mouth as he spoke, till he coaxed a shy smile from the other man.

"I've never..." He laughed softly and looked at the ceiling before he could speak again. "I've never... not with other guys...just..."

"I know," Elliot said trying to put him at ease. "I know men aren't your thing." He feathered more kisses over his lips before Vic could stammer anything else. "That's what makes you so special to me."

Victor caught him up in another crushing kiss. At the end of this one, Elliot took him by the hair and pulled Vic's head back so he had to look at him.

"What do you want, Vic?" He gave Victor's head a short, insistent shake. "What do you want me to do?"

"Make me forget," Vic answered in a husky whisper. "I want you to take me out of my head. I want to just be in the sensation and have nothing else matter."

"You want to try the bed?" Elliot suggested. He moved his hands from Vic's hair and trailed his open palms over the soft fabric of other man's shirt, in quiet admiration. "Because I'd bottom for you. I'd let you do anything to me."

Vic shook his head. "No. I don't feel up to that." He looked at Elliot for just a moment, and then he lowered his eyes as shyness rouged his cheeks. "But you could do it to me."

"Really?" Elliot hoped the gulping swallow that had accompanied the word wasn't as loud as it had sounded in his head.

Vic put his mouth next to Elliot's ear and began to whisper.

"I want you to make me crazy." His words were said as a hesitant appeal. This was a man who knew exactly what could be drawn from his body, but he was almost afraid to ask for it. "I want you to play with me, bring me to the edge and then deny me. I want to be tormented till I don't know where I am or who I am. I want a long, slow perfect tease that makes me forget Ma.. my name."

Elliot gasped in a breath as Vic finished. "Are you certain that's what you want?"

Victor raised his head and narrowed his eyes. "You can't do it?" he threw at Elliot.

Elliot rose to the challenge by slowly pulling Vic's shirt out of his pants.

"I can do things you never dreamed of my vanilla boy." He stared till Vic finally turned his head as his cheeks glowed red again.

"Bedroom," Elliot told Vic and pulled him along by the front of his shirt.

"Any rules?" Elliot asked as he unbuttoned Vic's shirt.

"No humiliation. No pain." Vic moaned as Elliot's hands brushed over his bare chest. "If you hurt me," he managed, "I'll hurt you back. I have a temper. It's how I'm wired."

Elliot kissed him softly. "I won't hurt you. I'll only do what you want."

"Don't stop when I tell you to." The words rushed from Vic.

Elliot took a step back and looked at him.

"You want a word, a safe word?"

Vic shook his head. "No word. I just want to be out of my head."

Elliot put his hands back on Vic, running his fingertips over his shoulders under the finely woven shirt. Slowly, he eased the garment off as he leaned against him, his lips by Vic's ear.

"You have to tell me a secret."

Vic shivered as Elliot's fingers traced down his back.

"What secret?"

"You have to tell me about one secret place, that if you loose interest, I can do a little exploration and pump up the intensity."

Vic was silent.

Elliot brushed his lips over Vic's ear.

"You're going to trust me to cuff you to that bed. Trust me with just one secret place." He moved to Vic's mouth and kissed him tenderly. "I won't torment you there. I'll just use it if things get dull."

"My legs." Vic looked at the ceiling for a moment, then lowered his head. "The inside of my legs... thighs. Just the middle, not the back."

"Is it a really good spot?"

"I stroke myself there. When I jerk off. It makes me come." Vic's voice trailed off as his face flushed again.

"Good." Elliot rewarded him with another kiss. "Put your hands on your head."

Victor raised his arms and laced his fingers together over the top of his head.

Elliot stroked him gently, slowly, lowering his caress to Victor's Gucci belt. He unfastened the sleek gold buckle. He carefully undid the zipper over the heated bulge in Vic's pants. When the pants were open, he let them drop to the floor.

"Step out," he instructed. Vic took a step to the side. In a moment Elliot had his shoes and sock off as well, and was stroking his ass under the silk boxers he still wore.

"You need these?" But he'd slipped the forest green shorts off before Vic could answer. He stepped out of them, as well, without being asked.

Elliot stood back and admired him for a moment. Then he leaned in and stroked the back of Vic's cock as he kissed him. A sudden gasp at the sensation broke off the kiss.

"You're a healthy boy," Elliot told him.

"I haven't had any complaints."

Elliot laughed softly at the unexpected comeback.

"I bet you haven't." He kissed him once more and was surprised again when Vic kissed him back. He knew Vic was bothered tonight. He had seen the composite tape the Director had given him of Vic, at his best, playing with Mac. The slightly mocking dominance of the last kiss gave him a taste of what it must be like to be topped by Victor Mansfield. He'd have to do him justice tonight. "Get on the bed."

Elliot quickly stripped off his own clothes as Victor lay down. Vic didn't make any effort to stretch out but kept his arms at his side. And as Elliot approached the bed he could see that his erection was fading.

"Is this what you want, Vic?" He'd give him one more chance to back out.

Victor closed his eyes and clutched the copper colored quilted bedspread in his fists. "Make me scream."

Elliot took a deep breath. He thought for a second he was going to scream at the very idea of taking this gorgeous man to those levels of pleasure.

"There and beyond," he vowed aloud and secured Victor to the bed.

Elliot explored Vic's body with his mouth and his hands teasing at his mind with lurid suggestions of what he might do. Vic was moaning and writhing within the confines of his bonds. A delicious heat was rising from him as Elliot sensitized his skin. He found a particularly good place around the deeply indented navel that made Vic buck and his cock weep when Elliot licked him there. He was tantalizing the spot by gently scraping his teeth across the skin while he feathered his fingertips up the underside of Vic's shaft, when he heard his cell phone ring.

Vic pitched forward at the sound.

"Don't answer it," he said his voice low and heavy with arousal.

"Nothing's going to stop me," Elliot promised with a wicked grin. He returned to the spot with added fervor and Vic was gasping as the phone stopped ringing.

In a moment the phone started again. This time in a rhythmic ring, two short rings one long.

"Shit!" Elliot spit out the word.

"Don't," Vic said, barely able to say the one word.

Elliot ignored him and rose from the bed. He reached for something on the new glass and chrome nightstand next to the bed. There were several things resting there that Elliot had set out when he first arrived.

He came back to the bed, the phone still ringing tenaciously. He tunneled his hand around Vic's stiffened cock and stroked him teasingly, with just enough pressure to stimulate every nerve but give no satisfaction.

Victor moaned out his frustration.

"Hold that thought, Lover," Elliot told him and snapped something on around the base of his dusky cock.

Vic arched up as if in orgasm.

"You may think you're going to come," Elliot whispered to Vic, "but there is no way with that baby on."

Vic thrust his hips up in a useless parody of sex.

"What? No one ever used a cock ring on you? You're in for some fun tonight. You think you've been on the edge before, you're going to be dangling over the precipice with this."

The phone continued to ring.

"Enough!" Elliot snapped as he rose from the bed. "Bitch," he mumbled as he neared the suede and brushed aluminum chair that had come with the bed. His jacket was draped over the back. He retrieved his cell phone from an inside pocket and flipped it open.

"Yes," he said in a disgusted tone. He listened for a moment.

"Well, we're a little busy right now."

After another minute of silence he responded, "It is his birthday."

He only listened for a second. "He doesn't want that." Pause. "Because he told me. He told me what he wants and believe me he's not part..."

Elliot drew in an annoyed deep breath as he was cut off and shifted the phone to his other ear.

"That's not what I'm saying." Pause. "I've never questioned..."

Elliot held the phone out at arm's length and whispered vehemently, "And may a house fall on your sister." He put the phone back to his ear. "What? No, I didn't say anything." He grimaced as the conversation continued on the other end of the phone. "Yes. Yes," he finally conceded. "I'll do it as soon as you let me off the phone. What?" His brows rose with surprise. "Thank you. It's not difficult to be creative with him. Hello? Hello?"

He snapped the phone shut.

"That woman has the social skills of a marauding barbarian."

Elliot reached down and snagged his own silk shorts that he'd discarded on the floor. He pulled them on and went to kneel on the bed next to Vic.

"Don't leave me," Vic managed as he tossed his head from side to side. "Don't leave me like this."

Elliot held his head still. "I have to do something." He kissed him, running his tongue between the parted lips. "I won't be more than five minutes."

Vic moaned a protest.

"I promise," Elliot assured him and rose from the bed.

He left the bedroom, closing the door behind him. He walked through the living room and picked up both his ID and the Director's birthday card on his way. Elliot took a deep breath and looked himself over, before his hand went to the doorknob.

"Thanks," he said sarcastically when he noticed his lack of erection as he smoothed his shorts.

He opened the door just as Mac was about to knock. He put his badge up at eye level for the startled man to read and thrust the card into his hand. He grabbed him by the sleeve and pulled him into the apartment.

"I'm Elliot Hampton. The Director sent me as a birthday present for Vic." He shook his head correcting himself. "She sent me for Vic and you."

Mac looked up from the card. "Section Six? I thought that was a joke."

Elliot gave an exasperated shrug. "Why does everyone say that?"

Mac tossed the card aside and scowled. "Where's Vic? Why are you in your underwear?"

"Vic's in the bedroom and..." Before Elliot could continue Mac turned and had his hand on the doorknob.

Elliot took hold of him and made him stop.

"Look, I'm here for both of you." He didn't really want to say it but knew it was expected of him. "Vic really wants to be with you tonight. He's mad about something, he wouldn't tell me what, but you're the one he wants."

Mac turned slowly. "Did he say that?"

"Trust me Mac, he doesn't have to. It's really obvious." Elliot reached out and took the coat from over Mac's arm. His eye's widened as he touched the soft fabric. "Luscious coat."

"Hugo Boss," Mac said. "It's Vic's birthday present. One of them, anyway. One of the many he doesn't want." His voice trailed off into a sad sigh.

"The suit was yours?"

Mac nodded.

"You have great taste." Elliot reached out and pulled him into a seductive kiss.

Mac pressed his hands against Elliot's chest and levered him away.

"Great taste in clothes," Elliot continued in a teasing whisper, "even better taste in men. He's in the bedroom waiting for you. Come in there with me, and I'll teach you things to do with him that will drive both of you insane."

"You were here alone with him..." Mac started.

"I'm here for both of you," Elliot insisted. "You just showed up fashionably late."

"He doesn't want me. You're proof of that."

Elliot moved close again, despite the pressure Mac exerted to push him away.

"Let's talk about what you want. Vic likes to be boss doesn't he? He always wants to top you."

Mac stopped pushing and looked at Elliot with startled, wide eyes.

"I'm offering you a chance to make Vic feel the things you feel when he teases you till you can't take it anymore. Why not give him a birthday present you both need."

Mac studied him for a moment before he answered. "He won't let me. He takes it away from me even when he loses."

"He's in no position to argue, Mac." Elliot stepped around behind Mac and took off his jacket. "Help me, Mac. Help me make him crazy."

Mac turned and didn't protest as Elliot eased off his tie. In a few moments Mac's clothes were in a pile atop Vic's coat on the couch. He and Elliot were pressed against each other, hands inside shorts, tongues exploring the sensitive spots in the other's mouth.

"You have fantastic lips," Elliot told him as he rubbed against the other man's thigh. Mac was talented and not the least inhibited, unlike Vic. Elliot's erection was coming back nicely. "Let's not keep Vic waiting."

Mac froze in the doorway at the sight of Vic spread on the bed, cock dusky and weeping, head thrashing as he moaned and struggled against the restraints.

"Vic, I have another birthday present for you," Elliot said as they entered the bedroom.

"It hurts," Vic drew out the words as he tried to roll his hips. "You promised it wouldn't hurt."

Elliot sat on the bed beside him and grasped Vic's erection. A needy gasp escaped from Vic as Elliot flexed his fingers, kneading the heated member.

"It's all part of the tease, Lover. It doesn't really hurt, it's just that the pleasure is getting extreme. You know, hurts so good."

Vic was tried to thrust himself into Elliot's fist as it surrounded him. His efforts only served to tire him as Elliot kept the pressure firm but unproductive.

"There's someone here to see you." Elliot motioned Mac to join him on the bed.

As Mac moved into sight Vic bucked upward.

"I don't want him here," he yelled.

Elliot put both hands on his chest and pressed Vic back onto the mattress.

"Vic, you can say that but we both know he's the only one you want."

"No." Vic shook his head. "No, stop."

"You set the rules. I'm not going to stop when you ask. And if you ever want to come you're going to have to take both of us."

"I'm sorry, Vic," Mac murmured.

Elliot grabbed his shoulder. "Don't. He's yours. You don't apologize for anything. You make him beg."

"He's too stubborn," Mac stated.

"And we're patient," Elliot cooed and gave Mac a lingering kiss.

Vic bucked again under them.

"Doesn't want you," Elliot said to Mac, "and apparently doesn't want anyone else to have you. We need to teach Vic how to appreciate his friends. You take that side." He pointed to his left. "We'll start at the top. Simultaneous stimulation from two different sources is very distracting."

Elliot smiled at Mac who suddenly realized what was being asked of him and returned the smile.

"Be creative," Elliot told him as he reached for Vic's hand.

The two men grasped Vic's hands and spread the finger's. They gently explored his palm with their tongues and finger's till Vic was moaning and writhing. They both moved down his arms, planting teasing kisses between bites and tickling licks. Vic alternated between angry grunts as he tried to control himself and stifled laughter.

Elliot was about to take a nipple in his mouth when Mac reached out and stopped him.

"He doesn't like that."

"Yes he does, Mac." Elliot thought back to how readily Vic had reacted to being stroked there as he was undressing him. "He just won't admit it. Watch."

Elliot pointed toward Vic's rigid cock as he clamped his mouth over an erect nipple and sucked. After a few swirls of his tongue pearls of moisture appeared on the tip.

Elliot propped himself on one elbow and smiled at Mac.

"He doesn't like it because it makes him leak. Now you know the secret. Vic doesn't like to lose control. We have to get him past that."

Mac smiled back his agreement and began to work on Vic's other nipple, drawing a low moan from him.

They worked down Vic's body making sure there wasn't an inch of flesh that hadn't been visited by lips or fingertips.

They paused occasionally to kiss each other and found themselves lying across Vic's stomach as they teased over each other's lips. Vic's heated cock bobbed next to their cheeks. Elliot rubbed his hair gently against the back of the shaft. Victor shivered at the touch.

Elliot moved away from Mac and positioned himself with Vic's cock between them.

"Come here, Luscious."

Mac moved closer and their lips met around the sensitive head. Vic groaned, then bucked uncontrollably as their tongues darted out to play. Each kiss, each probing tease included the flaring, hypersensitive head of Vic's cock. First Mac, then Elliot would suck the cap into his mouth as they kissed. The gentle slide of the other man's lips, the needy cries from Vic, and the desperate, hot weeping from the tortured head was proving too much for all of them.

Elliot pulled back and pushed Mac away.

"You're too good at this." He smiled at the other man and ran a finger over his swollen lips.

"Not bad yourself," Mac returned the compliment.

"I think we better slow it down," Elliot told him.

Victor groaned and writhed at the notion.

"I can't... Please..." The words tumbled from him with nearly incoherent need.

Elliot leaned over him a hand on each side of his head.

"I'm not talking about you, Gorgeous. We're the ones who can't take much more of this. We don't have help," he reached down and tapped the tight cock ring, "to keep us in check."

Elliot reached over and unsnapped the top of Mac's maroon boxers.

"Take those off and show Vic what he's done to you."

He moved back and let Mac in to straddle Vic's chest.

"Another healthy boy," Elliot pointed out.

"Maybe I should show you how good it can feel," Mac teased as he took himself in hand and began to stroke. Vic moaned and squeezed his eyes shut at the sight of what he was being denied.

Elliot pulled Mac's hand away.

"Don't do that. Although it would tease him out of his mind to see you come. Save that for sometime you're alone. I've got another idea. It'll take a little more time but you'll like it a lot better."

Elliot rose from the bed and went towards the door.

"Don't touch anything," he joked to Mac as he left. He stopped at the doorway and leaned back into the room. "But stay there and let him look at you, and remind him of how hard he is."

In a couple of minutes Elliot returned with a bowl of warm water and a few terry cloth dishtowels. He put the water by the foot of the bed and stepped into the bathroom for a moment. He walked back out carrying two bath towels.

Mac was rubbing his rigid dick slowly down Vic's chest, while Vic squirmed under him.

"If you come it will ruin everything," Elliot warned in a conversational tone.

"This is driving him crazy," Mac said his face alight with a wicked smile.

"Yeah? What's it doing to you?" Elliot taped him on the shoulder. "Come on, get off him. We have bigger things in store."

Mac rolled off Vic and lay beside him. His hand traced absentmindedly over Vic's chest as he watched Elliot work one of the fleece towels under Vic's butt. After a moment Elliot was washing between Vic's cheeks with one of the dishtowels and the warm water.

Vic moaned at the touch and tossed his head.

Mac had hold of Elliot's wrist as soon as he realized what he was doing.

"Don't! He doesn't... I hurt him doing that."

Elliot moved his wrist out of Mac's grasp.

"I know what hurt him, Mac. I'm going to show you how to make him feel good, how to make both of you feel good; I'm just washing him. Look at his face."

Elliot dipped the towel again and stroked Vic who bucked at the sensation.

"That's not pain. He's very responsive. It's just like before, Mac. He doesn't like to lose control. The pleasure takes control from him." Elliot put his hand on Mac's arm and directed him towards Vic. "Kiss him for awhile. I'm going to get him ready."

Mac lay next to Vic and kissed him gently. Vic moved his mouth open with an unspoken plea for more. Suddenly he cried out and tossed his head.

Mac looked down and saw Elliot's head buried between Vic's legs.

"What are you doing?" He was about to stop him when Elliot looked up.

"You know what rimming is?"

"Yes," Mac replied, a little stunned that Elliot's tongue licking at Vic's ass could draw such an intense response.

"Our friend has a real sweet spot down here. When you two get the hang of this, he's going to be begging you for it."

Elliot returned to lick and suck at Vic.

Victor could barely stand the softly intense sensation from the knowledgeable tongue that teased at him. His body was on overload, and his mind was, as he'd wanted, gone. Each touch was like electricity mixed with feathers, and even as he begged for it to stop, he wanted it to continue forever.

Mac was kissing him, caressing him and touching the places that only he knew about. Vic moaned and gasped, not certain whether he was saying things out loud or just thinking them in the sexual dreamtime where he floated.

Then the prodding made him jump. Not from pain but from the incredible pleasure that was being stroked from his flesh. Mac was kneeling with Elliot and they were taking turns doing something. That something sparked through his being and threatened to tear him apart with its strength of sensation. They stretched him further each time. Each time it threatened pain, but an exquisite pleasure took its place.

"That's the spot," he heard Elliot tell Mac. "Watch his face."

As if against his will the pure, hot, raw feeling spiked in Vic. Again and again it flashed till he lived in a moment of near orgasm as Elliot, or was it Mac or did it even matter, touched something or some place that he didn't even know he had.

He collapsed and nearly cried when the sensation stopped.

"He's really close," Elliot said.

Vic felt the restraints on his ankles released. His legs were too weak to even move. He felt hands bend and spread his legs till his feet were flat on the bed.

"You can't have too much lube on that condom," Elliot told Mac. "Be gentle. Be slow and stay still once you get in. You'll feel like you want to come right away, but hold off. We're going to take the top of his head off."

Vic wasn't certain who he was but he felt a slight pressure on that tingling spot and moved his hips down to meet it. The feeling took his breath away as something warm and hard slipped into him. After only a second the sparks started again and he gasped as the pressure and pleasure was so much greater this time.

His cock was throbbing and he was surprised that more sensation could be pulled from it.

"AHHHH," he screamed as the tightness at the base was released. Something, a hand maybe, took its place. The grip stopped him from coming but it was nothing like the tightness it had replaced. A sudden rush of sensation made him cry out again. Then the warm mouth that covered him made him jerk. The hardness in him began to move, stroking and sparking over the spot inside him that seemed to concentrate all his sexual pleasure. The tongue in the warm mouth began to lick and suck in time with the other. The pleasure grew and grew like a rain squall that became louder and louder as it beat against the windows. Suddenly, the fingers, first tips, then nails that traced the inside of his leg broke the storm.

"Mac!" He cried out. "Mac! Oh god. Oh... Oh... oh... Mac."

Vic murmured Mac's name quietly as his orgasm subsided, certain he could see a rainbow against his closed eyelids.

Mac panted and strained as his own climax was ripped from him.

Elliot rested his cheek against Vic's shrunken member, and watched the sated happiness on the other man's face. He reached down with the warm damp towel, and brought himself off with a few expert strokes.

Mac and Elliot cleaned each other and then Vic.

When the cuffs were released from his wrists Vic rolled over and into Mac's arms, a boneless crumpled mass.

Mac hugged him protectively and looked at Elliot.

"Thanks," he said, his cheek resting against Vic's head.

"That's why I was sent here." But a note of sadness betrayed the words.

Vic's breathing was slow and deep in just moments and he appeared to have drifted off almost immediately.

Elliot stroked the flat of his hand over Vic's back and smiled admiringly.

"He's beautiful isn't he?"

Mac moved his hand away.

"He's mine."

Elliot looked surprised but then nodded an acknowledgement.

"There's a lot I can teach the two of you. I love your mouth, Mac. There are so many things I could do with those lips. I hope you'll let me come over and play with you again."

"I'm not blind or stupid, Elliot. I know it's about Vic, with you."

Vic stirred and turned towards Elliot, who smiled at him.

"I thought you were asleep," he said gently.

Vic rose up on his elbow and leaned towards Elliot. He kissed him, a long slow passionate kiss.

"Thank you," Vic said softly when they broke.

It was Elliot's turn to blush. "You don't have to thank me. Believe me, and I mean this literally when I say it was my pleasure. I just hope..."

"Thanks Elliot, but things are complicated enough with just Mac and me. And it really is just Mac and me. There's no room for anyone else. Even you. Sorry."

Elliot brushed his fingers over Vic's cheek. "I sort of knew that coming in, but one look at you and people leave their better judgement at the door."

"Thanks Elliot," Vic smiled again. "I learned so much tonight."

Elliot leaned forward and kissed him, briefly almost delicately.

"If he doesn't take good care..."

They both laughed and left the sentence unfinished.

Elliot touched his cheek once more.

"Bye Gorgeous." He gathered his clothes and walked into the other room closing the door behind him.

Vic fell back into Mac's embrace and after a few minutes the front door was opened and then closed. At the sound Mac squeezed Vic closer to him.

"Still don't like me?" Mac asked.

Vic turned his face up towards him.

"I love you, Mac. I figured that out tonight."

Mac's lip trembled as he looked down at Vic, and he tried to take in the words he never thought he'd hear.

"I love you, Vic." His words were almost a gasp. "God help me! I love you so much."

###

oatuniverse@yahoo.com

AUTHOR: LeFey
FANDOM: Once A Theif
PAIRING: Vic/Mac/Other
RATING: NC-17 Due to Male/Male/Male sex, bondage, language.
STATUS: COMPLETE
ARCHIVE: RatB, Calculated Risks http://denofsin.slashcity.tv/~lefey
FEEDBACK:Please. oatuniverse@yahoo.com
SERIES: SO INCLINED
DISCLAIMER: THEY BELONG TO JOHN WOO AND ALLIANCE
THANKS: Many thanks to Nicole S, for all the similarities we share and the wonderful Prologue, Warped she wrote for this piece, and Epilogue. I was inspired by: Sylvia's great story "Men At Some Time" in which Mac says, "Hey, this is the only way I know to do this, okay?" Minotaur's admonishment on his site, "Think of all the troubles you have in your relationships with men, and then double them." Kest's comment that Vic would watch football on TV and drink watery beer. And the Theban Band's sweet illo "Towel".
SUMMARY: It is Victor's birthday. Mac gives him gifts and takes him out but it is the Director who has a special birthday surprise waiting.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]