Go to notes and disclaimers


Give and Take
by Kindli


The Director

T he Director sat in her office, watching the video feed of the bar that evening. She had always liked LiAnn and her straightforward way of getting things done. This evening showed her in fine form as she informed Victor she wasn't yet ready for marriage.

Events had proceeded pretty much the way the Director had expected them to. She assigned Mac with LiAnn to act as a married couple for the Kinsbrunner case instead of Victor, simply because she couldn't trust Mac on his own. She suspected the results would have been the same, even if Victor had been in Mac's place. This simply forced the break up sooner than she had anticipated.

The Director leaned back in her chair, watching the screen as LiAnn walked away. Victor watched her leave and then leaned down, elbows on his knees. He looked dumbstruck.

Switching screens, she saw Mac across the room. He was watching the scene with a frown on his face. He stood up and was about to walk over to Victor. The Director doubted it was to give comfort. Victor did not need his partner's smart-ass ribbing at the moment.

She grabbed the receiver from the phone and dialed his number. He answered his cell with a distracted air. Impatiently, she demanded, "Get over to the office now!"

She thought over what she planned to tell him when he got here. After talking with Mac for only a short time, in the beginning of his probation, she knew her initial decision was a good one. Mac would be exactly what Vic needed, once he got over LiAnn.

Mac and Victor were evenly matched, which made the partnership she had in mind a good one. They might not agree right away, but would do as she planned and in the long run would realize she had their best interests in mind. Victor would be good for Mac, and Mac would be good for Victor. Firstly as a distraction, to get his mind off LiAnn, but eventually he would see Mac for who he was.

Her Victor was a sucker for wounded birds, and Mac was definitely in that category, regardless of how well he hid it. He might think he didn't like Mac at the moment, but when he really got to know his younger partner that would change. Victor needed the stability of a relationship, and the control he would gain over Mac would provide the responsibility he craved.

Mac needed the relationship to give himself a sense of worth and the commitment he wanted.

###

Mac

Mac sat in front of the Director's desk that evening, impatiently waiting for the Director to appear.

When she walked down the steps, he sat up straight, wondering why she had called him but not the others.

"LiAnn ‘postponed' the engagement to Victor tonight," she told him without preamble.

"Not much of a shock there. He's not what she needs." Mac shrugged. He had known it wouldn't work from the very start, but no one believed him. Now they knew.

The Director moved to stand in front of him. "Do you believe you are what she needs?" she asked, bending over in front of him, so he had no choice but to meet her eyes or stare into her cleavage. He chose the former.

Mac shook his head. Not after the Kinsbrunner case. Besides, there wasn't much point in lying to the Director anyway, she would just make him eat his words in the long run. He hated when she did that to him.

"Very good, Mac," she purred, evidently pleased with his response.

He shivered when she ran a lacquered finger down his cheek. "You didn't call me here just to tell me they broke up, did you? What am I here for?" he asked, lounging back in his chair, attempting to avoid her claws.

The Director's smile was filled with teeth. "As I recall from the records I obtained from your youth, Michael was a very influential force in your life." She leaned back against the table.

Mac's chair came crashing forward. "What are you talking about?" he whispered, glancing around wildly.

She gave him a look that told him she knew everything. "You weren't always interested in LiAnn, were you?" She leaned in close again.

Mac stared at her, trying to read her. Failing that, he finally nodded. "I was on the streets before the Godfather took me in. I knew what Michael wanted from me. He taught me to do it right," he admitted.

"He kept you on a short leash, didn't he? It's why the team was so effective, correct?"

"Yeah."

He sighed in relief when she walked to sit behind her desk.

"I've discussed it with the psychologists, and it has been decided that it would be beneficial to you both, if I send you to Victor."

Mac wasn't sure he understood what she was talking about. "Huh?"

The Director sighed in exasperation. "Really, Mac. What have we been talking about for the last half hour? Victor works best when he is in a relationship; he needs the stability and security of it. You are most effective when you have boundaries. Victor will give you those boundaries, and you'll give him someone to take care of."

Mac couldn't believe what he was hearing. Finally, after sputtering for awhile, unable to actually say anything that might change her mind, he came out with, "Not only is he straight, he doesn't know how to top. Even if he were to give it a try, he might end up hurting me."

"Mac, your old and boring partner was very much into that scene before he joined the force. He used it to blow off steam in Vice as well. It kept him sane after he escaped his home life."

"Tsi leng sin. No way, absolutely no way…" Mac muttered, unable to see Vic as a top, or a bottom, in a sex club. He just couldn't see the ex-cop in a sex club. Of course, he couldn't see himself in a sex club either, but Vic was just too straight to be bi.

"Get yourself over to his home and ask him to take over your discipline," she ordered, waving him away.

Mac wasn't happy, and strode to his car, muttering insults under his breath. As he drove to Vic's, he tried to decide what he would do tonight. Mac didn't have to actually go through with this, and he knew it. The Director would make his life hell for disobeying, but she could hardly drag him to Victor's and explain to Vic how she wanted him to take care of Mac. For this to work, Vic had to believe Mac wanted it, and for him to believe it, Mac had to be sincere.

Mac pulled over at the side of the road and mulled it over. Did he want Victor? If Victor were indeed experienced, as the Director had claimed he was, then it meant he would have a home again.

Before Michael had become interested in LiAnn, he had taken care of Mac. He had trained him, disciplined him, and taken care of him. He made Mac feel safe. Once LiAnn came between them, that safety disappeared; what would happen when Victor became interested in someone else as well?

He stopped this line of thinking, knowing it was unfair to Victor. Vic would never physically hurt him, just because he was interested in someone else. Even if they were interested in the same person.

Finally, with a decisive nod, he pulled back into traffic and continued to Vic's door. He might not like the fact that he was doing exactly what the Director wanted, but it would give him what he wanted, so he would do it.

###

Victor

Vic took another swallow of whiskey from the bottle and leaned back against the couch, his eyes closed. Why did LiAnn break up with him? When it came right down to it, their engagement was just for show anyway. LiAnn never even set a date for the wedding. He took another pull from the bottle and sighed. He wasn't even close to drunk yet, but he planned to be very soon.

The doorbell rang. He drank another swallow from the bottle and yelled out, "Go away!"

Unfortunately, this didn't seem to deter the late night visitor, as the person on the other side of the door began knocking. He got to his feet, swaying for just a moment before he regained his balance. Nope, definitely not drunk enough yet, he decided, heading for the door.

He yanked it open and found Mac on the other side.

"What do you want?" he snarled, running a hand through his hair. His shirt was wrinkled and his jeans were unbuttoned, and he knew he looked like a mess. Considering how he felt, he couldn't bring himself to care.

Mac stood in the hallway and looked him over. He licked his lips a bit self consciously, and Vic wondered what the hell he could want. Finally, he got impatient and said, "Spit it out, idiot." He glared, waiting for Mac to speak.

Mac lowered his eyes. "I need something. The Director said you were the man who could give it to me," he said loudly enough to be understood but softly enough to make it obvious he didn't want to announce it in the hallway.

"The Director?" Vic closed his eyes for a moment. What the hell was the Director up to this time? Whatever it was, he wasn't in the mood for her games tonight. He opened his eyes and stared at Mac determinedly. "I have nothing to give you that you need, Mac. Go home." Vic began to close the door.

Mac forced his foot into the doorway, preventing it from closing. "Please, Vic, hear me out!" he pleaded.

Okay, this was different; Mac practically begging for something. "Jerk." Vic muttered, but allowed him inside.

Vic shut the door and locked it behind Mac. He wasn't going to have any more visitors and that was final. When Mac continued to stand inside the doorway silently, Vic moved in close to him, intending to make him uncomfortable. So talk," he finally demanded.

Vic saw Mac shiver before regaining control of himself. "I need discipline," he spoke really fast.

"She should have sent you to Dobrinsky then. What's this got to do with me?"

Mac gave him a look from beneath lowered lashes. "The Director said you used to be a top."

Vic felt his mouth fall open, and he snapped it shut again. Mac looked nervous, and Vic couldn't see any deception in the man's gaze. Finally, determining Mac was serious, he said firmly, "That's the sort of discipline you need? Mac, I don't even like you."

"Neither did Michael—in the end. Come on, Vic. You know I can't just go out to some club. You're the only person I can trust."

Vic nodded in understanding. That much was true. When he realized he was empathizing with Mac he shook his head. "Mac, I'm in no shape to train you."

Mac grinned. "You don't sound drunk. Go clean up. I'll wait."

Vic glared at him. Mac was intentionally misunderstanding him.

Mac raised a brow. "Wouldn't you like to control me? I'd be all yours, to do with as you wished."

Vic felt a stirring in his body at this pleasant idea. He thought about it, and decided it might be possible. Hell, it might help their partnership as well. He knew very well that the main reason Mac drove him crazy was because he was impetuous. Trying to sound as casual as possible, he asked, "How much are you used to? What can you take?"

"A lot," Mac assured him. "Michael was very thorough in my training. Before LiAnn caught his interest. I was all he cared about. He created new limits for me almost every other night we were together. Only thing I don't go for is bleeding."

Vic gave him a look. "What happened when he became interested in LiAnn?" He had a bad feeling about this. He had heard enough about Michael from LiAnn and had met the man himself when he had gone undercover. Michael was very unstable.

Mac lowered his eyes. In a soft voice, he replied, "By that time, I was Michael's responsibility. He had to keep me under control, but he didn't really care anymore. He wasn't careful." Mac began to look nervous, but after a moment's hesitation, he straightened his shoulders and looked Vic in the eye. "You aren't like Michael though, so you'd be careful, right?"

Vic nodded, keeping his expression blank. It didn't take a psychologist to realize Mac wanted someone to trust. He remembered when Mac had helped Kathy Chou rob a bank. LiAnn had said it was because he needed someone to be loyal to. He was released from the Agency… or thought he was, and had no one. He was hot headed but always covered Vic's ass under fire. They did work well together. Maybe there was more to Mac than met the eye.

Mac shivered under his gaze.

Finally, Vic nodded. "Yeah, I would be careful. Strip for me, I want to see what he did," he ordered, and felt his stance already begin to change. When Mac began to strip without protest, Vic decided this possible arrangement might very well work.

Mac unbuttoned and removed his shirt, then toed off his shoes before removing both pants and briefs. He folded everything neatly and set them on the floor next to the couch.

Mac stood naked before him, letting Vic examine his body. Vic saw the scars, and felt anger that Michael Tang should be so careless. He reached out and felt a tremor travel through the length of Mac's body when he traced the faint marks on Mac's back and ass, following the scars to his legs.

They were almost too faint to be noticed anymore, but Vic was looking for them, and saw too many of them to think the marks were anything but intentional.

After some consideration, Vic felt confident that he knew how to deal with Mac's need for discipline and could teach him to trust again. He could give the younger man what he needed without going too far. A wave of excitement rushed through him and a sense of purpose permeated him. Mac needed him, and he could… he would do this right. "All right, Mac. Go take a shower, and clean yourself out. There's an enema kit in the closet. I have some things to set up."

Mac nodded, looking relieved that Vic was willing to give him a chance. He walked off to the bathroom, leaving his clothes where they were.

He stepped out to see the recliner pulled out from against the wall, and Vic standing there with a belt in his hand.

"I'm old-fashioned," Vic smiled faintly.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Mac muttered, stepping closer.

Vic's mood went from warm to cold in an instant. "Do you have a problem with that?" he asked, icily.

Mac paused. Timidly, he replied, "Um, no?"

Vic smiled at him, but he let his eyes remain cold. He made a sweeping gesture with his arm, indicating that Mac should drape himself over the back of the chair and grab hold of the arms.

Mac obeyed, his bare ass exposed for the belt.

"Safe word?" Victor asked, placing Mac the way he wanted him.

Mac thought for a moment. "LiAnn."

Vic nodded, though Mac couldn't see it, and moved back to get in position.

After the first stroke of the belt, Vic began asking him questions. "You said you needed this, the discipline. Is it the pain you find to be a punishment, or is it the humiliation of submitting?" He didn't pause while he spoke, and Mac already had a few stripes along his ass before he had a chance to answer.

Mac cried out as the next lash struck him. He seemed to be thinking about his answer before speaking, and Vic was pretty sure he would hear the truth. "I hate the pain, but I need it," he acknowledged, before adding, "and the… I get off on submitting, but I hate that too."

"So, you don't mind having to accept the belt, enduring it. It sounds as if the primary punishment comes from the resulting pain from the belt, Is that true?"

Mac agreed, crying out again when the belt continued its torture against his backside.

"You're doing very well, Mac." Vic kept his voice calm and soothing, knowing Mac would need encouragement in this stage of the game.

"So, your punishment comes from the sting of the belt, while leaning over the chair with your ass in the air is actually a reward for accepting that punishment. Is that right?"

"No—yes, I don't know." Mac admitted.

Relentlessly, Vic continued. "When you go too far, that's when the punishment will come more from the pain than the humiliation, but bending you over the Director's desk will reinforce the lesson. I think, yes, I still have a collection of dildo's somewhere around here. You'll have one in your ass after some of your more foolish stunts," he warned, warming to his subject.

Mac just groaned.

"Going off on some hair-brained scheme, without consulting me first, will always result with you going in to work the next day with a very sore ass; wearing one of the larger dildo's in my collection," Vic continued. "Do you understand?"

Another stripe across his ass, and Mac cried out, "Yes, I understand."

Vic listened to the sounds the younger man made as the belt continued to snap across bare flesh. He didn't want to go too far with him, but he needed to know how much would be too much. "How old were you when Michael began training you?" he asked, deciding this might be the best time to get it out in the open.

"I was fourteen."

"How did you feel about it?"

Mac whimpered, but began speaking as the next lash hit his flesh. "I was … proud to have garnered his attention. I wanted him to like me, I wanted to be perfect for him."

Vic didn't pause with the belt, but his mind reeled a bit. Mac was fourteen when he started as a bottom. No wonder he was able to withstand so much abuse. "How old were you when Michael's attention turned to LiAnn?"

"I … seventeen, I think," Mac replied, choking on a sob.

Vic thought at first that the cry was caused by the belt, but then realized it was the topic, and decided that following that line of questioning would not be conducive to what he wanted to accomplish that evening. Mac's butt was red and striped with welts. Victor didn't like the idea of going so far with the younger man, but Mac knew how to stop it if it were too much.

"You said the Director led you to me. What made you feel you needed it now, rather than before?" He swung the belt again, listening for Mac's response.

"I don't know, I just… Victor, I don't know," Mac replied, choking on a sob.

Victor decided this was enough, and stopped. He allowed Mac to stand and he reached out to brush away the tears on his partner's face.

"What do you want, Mac?" he asked, feeling the shudder that went through Mac's body as he leaned into the gentle touch.

This was the final test, for both of them. Did Mac truly want what Vic was offering him? Was Victor enough for him? Would he back out, now that he had an idea of what to expect? Would it be too much, or not enough? Victor waited quietly to see how Mac would respond.

Mac gazed at him, his expression full of acceptance, and he whispered, "I want you to fuck me. Please?"

Vic smiled and nodded, recognizing the relief in Mac's eyes. They were on the same page.

Vic reached over to the side table, where he had a bottle of lube sitting and asked, "How long has it been?"

Mac paused, apparently considering his answer. "Since Michael," he finally replied.

Vic stripped off his clothes, grateful to get out of the pants. It was a shock to realize how quickly he fell into old habits. He slicked himself and again turned Mac against the chair.

Mac gasped when Vic pushed in, hissing softly when he broke through the breech. He paused for a moment, giving Mac a change to become used to him before moving in again. He continued to move slowly, closing his eyes in pleasure at the tight heat embracing his cock. Vic heard Mac sigh in relief when his balls rested against the younger man's ass. He stopped again, giving himself a chance to gain control of himself, not wanting to end the session too soon. That would hardly inspire confidence.

"That's so good," Mac whispered.

Vic leaned in and licked a drop of sweat from Mac's neck. "Yeah, ‘s good," he agreed before biting down, creating a hickey.

Mac whimpered and thrust back, wanting action. Vic smacked his butt, but began moving. It took only a few strokes, and Mac came, and it wasn't much longer before Vic groaned loudly and shoved in hard, coming himself. Victor was surprised at himself, but considering how long it had been since fucking a man, he should have expected it.

Vic pulled out and forced his body off of Mac's to wobble over to the couch before collapsing onto it.

Mac slowly approached, kneeling on the floor at Vic's feet. "Do you want to do this, Vic?" he asked, sounding nervous. When Vic reached out to caress his cheek, he leaned into it.

"Yeah, I think I do. If it gets to be too much, I'll turn you over to Dobrinsky for awhile."

"Ugh," Mac made a face.

Vic smiled at that. "I'll be turning you over to Dobrinsky occasionally in any case, Sport. Get used to it."

"Why?" Mac looked confused.

"Because the Director will insist on it. I know her. Better for you to expect it than for it to come as a surprise to you, Mac. Besides, it's not as if he's going to give you the same ‘hands on' discipline that you'll get from me," he assured him. "You will obey, though, or I'll kick you out on your ass," he finished with a threat.

Mac shuddered, but as the last sentence permeated into his brain, he looked up at Vic, startled. "I'll be living with you?"

Vic shrugged. "There's no other way to do this. This isn't a part-time position."

"What if LiAnn visits, won't she be suspicious?

Vic raised a brow. "She doesn't know about you with Michael?"

"Well, yeah. She knows about Michael, but does she know about you?"

"She knows about this side of me. I remember back when you first came on the scene, she told me I was just what you needed. I didn't understand what she meant at the time, because she didn't go into details, but I doubt this will surprise her much," Vic confessed, brushing a strand of hair from Mac's face.

Mac leaned his head against Vic's thigh. "When do you want me to start moving in? What of mine can I bring along?"

A small smile graced Vic's face. "We'll get started this weekend. I have a feeling the Director will be giving us some time off soon."

###

kindli27@hotmail.com

Title: Give and Take
Author: Kindli
Date: 3/11/02
Fandom: Once a Thief
Pairing: Victor/Mac
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: Alliance owns these characters, I'm only playing and make no profit from this.
Warning: discipline
Many thanks for beta to: Orithain, Speedo, Sue and realitycek
Notes: This was written for Sue's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sue!
Summary: PWP—The Director decides Mac needs discipline, and Vic is the right person to give it to him.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]