Go to notes and disclaimers


Victor Mansfield Diaries IV
by Erika


Washington DC: Fibbies, witches, aliens, oh my...


Vic looked down at the letter Ray had written to him. The agency had forwarded some of his mail to his hotel room, here in the American capital. He had been in Washington for the past three weeks investigating a case for the Director. He shook his head. The Canadian had learned long ago that even if the assignment did not make any sense it did not belittle its importance. Mind you, he was still trying to determine how a missing cat case ended up as a possible UFO sighting.

Reading the letter, Vic found himself smiling. It appeared as though the detective had finally found what he was looking for: love, companionship, friendship ... Fraser. He folded the letter and put it away in his suitcase.

"Hey Vic!" Pounding at the door. "Vic!"

"I swear Liann, you've been spending too much time with Ramsey," he informed the young oriental woman as she stepped inside.

"As if."

Vic closed his eyes. "No, I was mistaken. You have been spending too much time with ... Hey!"

She pushed him toward the closet. "Come on, change. The director has given us the night off."

"I know," Victor said as he picked up a brochure on the bed. "There is this gallery I want to attend."

"Vic, this is me, you don't have to lie," she informed him. Seeing Vic's innocent impression, Liann just sighed deeply. "Yeah, yeah, attend your gallery. I'll just go out clubbing with Jackie."

Vic chuckled, kissed her on the forehead, grabbed his coat and headed to the door.

"You're actually going to the gallery?" Liann squeaked at him as he pushed her out the door.

"Yes," He shut the door behind him, making his way down the hallway.

"But Vic ..."

"Bye Liann," Victor opened the door leading to the staircase. He needed the exercise.

###

"Mac, he didn't take the bait," Liann informed her one-time lover via her cell phone. "He's heading to the art gallery."

"Why didn't you stop him?" Mac asked, a cell phone in hand, as he rushed toward his parked car.

"Look. I don't know why we're babysitting him in the first place. If the Director is so concerned about his safety, she shouldn't have given him this assignment. Mac. Mac!"

Ramsey had already hung up. He followed the taxi Victor had entered and Liann's question replayed itself in his mind: Why had the Director okayed Victor for assignment? It just did not make any sense. He looked at the camera on the seat beside him. From the moment Victor had stepped off the plane, Mac had been following closely behind him.

The Director had wanted to know whom Victor came in contact with during this visit to the American capital, and if anyone in D.C. took any interest in the Canadian. Already he had four films capturing this tall, thin, older man with a cigarette constantly in hand following his partner around the city. In fact, Victor had passed the man on several occasions and Mac would bet his sweet cherry, if he had one, that the man had been surprised when Victor failed to recognize him.

Ramsey found a parking spot near the gallery and rushed inside, carrying a small portable camera with him. He kept Victor within his sight and contemplated his relationship with the older man.

Ever since Yellowknife he had been avoiding the Canadian. At first he'd been miffed Victor had treated him so shabbily, like Mac would actually believe Victor was flirting with a guy. I mean Victor with a guy, please. Not his Victor. Never. At least that was what he kept telling himself when he later met Victor at the hotel lobby, as they waited for their taxi to take them to the airport. He had been just about to retort that Victor didn't need to lie to him, didn't need to hide behind someone, that he just should have told him the truth. Told him to cool off and stop bugging him but his words had died on his lips, unspoken, when he saw the evidence in front of him. Victor's lush lips. Victor, with a hickey on his neck. A hickey for pete sakes.

Mac hid behind a sculpture as his partner innocently looked at an abstract painting in front of him. Hmm ... I wonder how much that would sell in the black market? He again peeked at the painting. Nah ... not worth it. Now where was I? Oh yeah, Vic.

Victor loved Liann. Victor competed with Mac over Liann. Victor couldn't lie or cheat if his life depended upon it. Victor, the older brother. Victor, the guy with no sex life what -so-ever. Victor with cat green eyes. Wow ... where did that come from? Mac shook his head and concentrated on the task at hand.

First, follow Victor. Second, take pictures of Victor. Third, take pictures again. Fourth, destroy all pictures of Vic below the waist line. The Director was going to have a field day if all he brought back were pictures of Victor's ass or groin. But did the guy's jeans have to be so tight? Ramsey thought passionately. He was just an innocent gathering evidence, that's all. After all, should Victor die of a heart attack due to his inability to breath, voila, he would just take out the proof and declare: It was the jeans that killed him. Those pants should be outlawed and next time he saw the man he would tell him so.

Mac continued to silently follow his partner, contemplating whether he should just shoot the guy and be done with it. If they were so concerned about Victor's safety maybe staging a mock death would have some bad guy coming out of the woodwork to claim responsibility. And they said he couldn't improvise.

Victor was just about to leave the gallery when a man approached him. Bingo.

###

Doggett looked at the painting in front of him. Abstract art. How could people make any sense of this? He bit his lip. Maybe if he stared long enough at this monstrosity, he could better understand it. He shook his head, wondering how he could have thought looking at a painting could help him understand the X-files.

He sat down at one of the benches located in the middle of the room. He had joined the FBI five years ago, making his way through the rank and file, earning his right to become a lead investigator. His previous experience as a New York detective and his degrees in Public Administration had been a sign to many that John Doggett was a man on the rise, destined for great things within the Bureau. One of the guys. Fools.

He picked up the pamphlet, flipping through its pages. It was incredible how a painting could sometimes have two meanings. Two faces it presented to the world. Its public face and its private face. Something very similar to his own life. Everyone assumed he had entered the FBI to better his career. A series of logical steps taken. He shook his head. Idiots.

All of this, everything he did, had been for one purpose. One purpose only. To find out what had happened to Alex Krycek, his one time lover and friend.

He had met Alex six years ago. They had ended up working together on a case. They had clicked instantly, both doggedly going over case files, refining their investigative techniques. Alex's naivete balancing John's worldliness. They had been a good match in and out of bed.

Doggett twisted the pamphlet in his hands. A good match. In one of the last cases Alex was to work in New York he had caught the eye of Spender. Days later Alex would be transferred to Washington, D.C. where he was partnered with a Fox Mulder. Mulder, the very man he was now being ordered to find. He had once revealed to Scully that he knew Mulder very well, but she had never asked how he knew him.

About five years ago, Alex had called him for a favour, asking information on an ex-service man. Alex had known John's connections in the Marine Corps would provide him with information that may not have been available to the public. At the time Alex had called him, Doggett had been happily working in the New York police department but all of that had changed after that phone call.

After Alex's disappearance from the bureau, he had tried to find out what had occurred but to no avail. He had been just a detective with limited access. If he was to find Alex, Doggett had no choice but to join the FBI and use their unlimited resources to locate his wayward lover.

John's body could still remember what it was like to have Alex next to him. To taste him, to bury himself inside that welcoming heat, to catch the cries that fell from those lips, to watch as those green emerald eyes begged for release. Yes, his body and soul remembered, refusing to forget.

Over the years he had conducted his own investigation, slowly piecing together the events and people that had had a hand in Alex's downfall. Yes, he knew Fox Mulder very well. Very well indeed.

Doggett made his way to the exit when he noticed the man in front of him turn and smile at the attendant. Alex? he thought in shock. "Alex!"

Alex continued to walk away from him and John rushed to his side, his hand reaching out.

His arm. In the report Doggett had read, it mentioned Alex had lost his left arm. His left arm, but ... he looked into clear, innocent, forest-green eyes and knew this wasn't Alex. Not his Alex. "I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." He let go of the other man's left arm, stepping back.

"Hey, are you all right?" Green cat's eyes filled with concern stared back at him and John's heart broke seeing their compassion and hearing a voice that so resembled his one time lover.

"No. I'm not. I ... excuse me." John stepped around the man and made his way outside.

"Wait," the stranger called after him. "You don't look so well. You shouldn't be out walking the streets, feeling like this." He looked around, dragging the reluctant agent with him. "Taxi!"

###

Mac rushed outside watching as Victor crossed the road and got into a taxi with his companion. He ran to the parking lot only to discover his car was missing. A sign above the spot read, 'No parking.'

God, damn it!

###

"Hotel Hilton," Victor informed the taxi driver. He then turned to the man beside him and said, "Sorry. Victor Mansfield. And you are?"

"Agent John Doggett, FBI." He showed Vic his badge.

"Hmm ... I never kidnapped a federal agent before."

"I'm pretty sure it's illegal."

"Probably right. Look, I'm ..." Victor smiled sheepishly. "Just visiting." He playfully held his hands up.

"And that should excuse you from kidnapping federal agents?" Doggett found himself flirting back.

"If it makes you feel any safer, you can cuff me. If you want."

After that remark Victor wondered whether he should have his head examined. He had followed his instincts and his protective nature had stepped forward. That still did not excuse his behaviour. It was one thing to help the man, another to flirt with him.

Silence settled in the cab. When the taxi finally stopped in front of the Hilton, both men found themselves awkwardly standing at the entrance of the Hotel. It started to rain.

"I have to ..." John started to say.

"Yeah." Victor looked at his watch. Liann was probably still out with Jackie. "I'm staying here for the next two days if you need someone to talk to. Room 314. Ask for Victor Mansfield." He would have offered more but for now he figured that was all the agent would probably accept.

They shook hands under the heavy downpour. Victor watched as the agent just walked away. And the rain continued.

###

He stopped.

He had already walked two blocks, away from the Hotel, and all he could think about was Victor. Before he could change his mind he walked back, retracing his path, not caring about anything, just knowing, needing, wanting to lose himself in the unspoken promise Victor had given him.

He walked, not caring about the rain that plastered his clothes to his body. He walked, not noticing the traffic around him, or the shadowy figure that followed him as he entered the hotel lobby. Green eyes tracked his movement.

###

"Is your offer still available?" was the first thing Doggett asked when Victor opened the door.

"Yes," Victor replied as his hands moved, tugging at John's clothes.

"Help me forget. Help me remember. Please," John begged as he trailed kisses along the man's face.

Need. This was about need.

They walked, fumbled and almost fell to the floor in their attempts to get out of their wet clothes. Bed. Alex. God. How could I have forgotten?

"Victor. Victor. My name is Victor."

Doggett blushed. He needed to explain. He would not use this man, this body. "His name was Alex. Alex Krycek," he told Victor as he kissed him.

Naked. Naked on the bed.

Doggett knelt in between Victor's legs, a hand gently traced a calf, a thigh. "He fell of his bike when he was six and scraped his knee. He has a scar right here." He bent his head and his lips brushed Victor's unscarred knee. Smiling cat-green eyes stared back at him.

"He has a spot right here that would send him into a ..." Victor screamed as John licked the area. "Laughing fit," Doggett concluded. Victor blushed. Erogenous zone. Got it. Marked it. Will play with it later.

"He smells of pine and Irish spring." His hand rested gently on top of Victor's navel.

"Softness. His skin is so soft." Hands travelled up and down Victor's body. Learning. Mapping. Discovering.

"And he tastes ..." Sweetness. Lips meeting lips. Victor arching up against him, rubbing against each other. Skin on skin. A soft hiss. A whispered curse.

'Alex. Alex. Alex.' his mind repeated. "Victor," he moaned aloud.

He licked the dark skin surrounding the nipple. Victor groaned, head falling back, spine arching. More. More. This was like a drug. His drug.

He buried his face among the coarse hair of Victor's groin. He breathed in the other man's unique odour. He flicked his tongue across the tip of the cockhead, teasing the slit at the top of the younger man's shaft.

Victor squirmed. Doggett tasted the eager drops of fluid. Not enough. Will never be enough.

He licked the tender skin behind the balls. Victor shook. Lush lips forming one word, "Please."

Too soon. Too soon. Needed more time, to taste, to feel, to satisfy the hunger. He turned Victor on his stomach.

Two days. In two days he would store enough memories to last him a life time. Enough memories until he found his own sweet Alex. His tongue travelled down Victor's spine. Tasting. Categorizing. Victor. Alex. So alike. So different. His for tonight. His for a lifetime.

Heat. Incredible heat.

Five years of drought. Five years without Alex and he was like a man starved for food, water, life. He wanted to ram inside the wonderful pliant body, but more than anything he wanted this moment ... god.

"Victor!"

###

The Victor Mansfield Diaries V: Seacouver

funhapjoy@yahoo.com

Series: The Victor Mansfield Diaries.
Washington, D.C.
Author: Erika
Feedback: funhapjoy@yahoo.com
Fandom: OAT/X-files.
Disc: yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't own them.
Beta-reader: Pollyanna. Relax babe, I'll be going on vacation soon. Lurker's World you know ...
Summary: Vic meets a certain FBI agent.
WARNING: WORK IN PROGRESS.
1. New York: Jazz Madness.
2. Yellowknife: Hand of Franklin.
3. Yellowknife: Revisited.
4. Washington, D.C.: Fibbies, witches, aliens, oh my ...
Dedication: Carla Jane. Next time I think I'll just send you a postcard.
Website: http://www.geocities.com/carlajanep/Erika/EEpart00.html http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EvilChild
SPOILER: Yes, I know Krycek killed CSM at the end of season seven but I am ignoring that scene for the simple reason that my Krycek would not have killed him by throwing the bastard off the staircase. No. My Krycek would have tortured him, probably put clasps on the man's nipples and lower um ... anatomy, and given him electrical shock.
Or he would have made him watch the movie Showgirls, again and again.
Or he would have ... you get my drift.
So until my Krycek kills him in an appropriate assassin like fashion, CSM is alive and well living in D.C. next to the White House. Hey snakes have been known to get along with other snakes when they play house. Sticks tongue out
Kid, who is a Canadian and damn proud of it.

back to top


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]