RATales Archive

Will You Be My Valentine?

by Jennifer Cuzzo


Date: February 17, 2000
Title: Will You Be My Valentine?
Author: Jennifer Cuzzo
E-mail: JCuzzo3442@aol.com
Category: Scully/Krycek
Rating: G
Summary: Scully shares her first kiss with someone special.
Spoilers: None
Keywords: None
Disclaimer: Dana Scully, Alex Krycek, Fox Mulder, etc., belong to CC and FOX.
Author's Notes: I've been going through the hell that is writers block for a while and I started thinking of Scully celebrating Valentine's Day and *BAM*, it hit me. It would be really cute to have Scully, Krycek, and Mulder, as 5 year olds, celebrating Valentine's Day, don't you think? :) In this fanfic, Mulder, Scully, and Krycek are the same age. Yeah, I know they are not really but it makes things a whole lot easier.


Dashing out of her mother's car, a 5 year old, pigtail wearing, Dana Scully raced for her classroom. She had been waiting for Valentine's Day to come and it was finally here. Reaching her classroom, she put her coat and backpack in her cubby, retrieving her valentine cards from a pocket in her backpack. Walking towards the rows of desks, Dana put a valentine in the boxes on everyone's desks. She went to her desk and sat down, smiling and swinging her feet back and forth, waiting impatiently for class to begin.

As the other students came in, Dana started looking around for her two best friends, Fox and Alex. Seeing Fox first, she went over to him and smiled, showing off her new front teeth.

"Good morning, Fox. Happy Valentine's Day!," she exclaimed happily.

He smiled at her. "Happy Valentine's Day to you too."

She was about to say something when Alex walked in, taking off his coat and heading towards his cubby. Seeing him made her smile and she walked over to him, pretty much ditching Fox.

He saw her coming and grinned, hanging up his coat on one of the hooks. "Hi, Dana."

She smiled at him. "Hi. Happy Valentine's Day, Alex."

He nodded, walked over to say hi to Fox and then sat down at his desk.

Watching Alex sit down, she shoved her hands into her pockets and went to go sit down at her desk.

As class went on, Dana would glance at the clock every few minutes, wishing time would go by faster. She wanted it to be time for the class to look at their valentine cards. Alex is going to love mine, she thought happily. He has to like it. If he doesn't, I'll punch his lights out.

"All right, everyone. I believe it's time to open up our valentine cards," the teacher said, smiling at her students.

Dana smiled from ear to ear when she heard those words. He's going to see mine and then we will get married and live happily ever after.

Alex, Fox, Dana, and the rest of the class started opening their valentine cards. After reading other classmates' valentines that they gave to her, Dana watched Alex open the one from her.

He opened the pink envelope and started reading. It said:

"Alex,

Today is Valentine's Day and I was wondering if you wanted to be my valentine. I would be so happy to be yours. So, will you be my valentine, Alex? Please!

Hugs and kisses,
Dana."

Turning around in his desk, he saw her smiling at him. Hugs and kisses? Ewwwww! Then, as he was looking at her, he noticed how pretty she looked today. Wearing a pink dress, matching shoes and her hair in pigtails with pink ribbons. What am I thinking? Dana's my best friend. It would be too weird if I was her valentine, right? Alex was about to get up and walk over to her desk when the teacher announced that it was time for recess. He put the card back in the box and followed everyone else to their cubbies and then outside.

Getting ready to throw a snowball at Fox, Dana was wondering if Alex wanted to be her valentine or not. I hope he says yes. As she moved back her arm in getting ready to throw, Alex came up behind her and yelled BOO!, scaring Dana and making her let go of the snowball and turn around to look at him.

"What did you do that for, butthead? I was about to throw a snowball at Fox but you had to go and ruin it for me."

He shrugged and smiled, picking up some snow, and making it into a ball. "Because I wanted to be the one that threw it at him. Duh."

She laughed and nodded. "Be my guest."

She moved to the side and watched as he got ready and threw the snowball at the back of Fox's head. She started to laugh when Alex grabbed onto her coat and made her follow him. They hid under the slide and started laughing as they watched Fox turn around, look at everyone accusingly, dust the snow out of his hair, and turn back to what he was doing before.

"That was so funny, Alex," she whispered, smiling and laughing. "Thanks."

Slowly, they both stopped laughing and looked at each other. For the first time, Dana noticed his green eyes. So pretty. Almost like emeralds. She grinned at him and looked back towards Fox.

He watched her look at Fox and started to move a little closer to her.

She looked back up and their lips brushed against each other. Dana felt herself getting hot in the face and looked away from him, feeling the cool air ease her red-hot cheeks.

"So, Alex, who's your valentine?," Dana murmured.

"I haven't picked anyone yet. But I think I'm going to pick you."

She smiled to herself. "Really?"

"Mmmhmm."

I'm Alex Krycek's valentine. Woohoo!, she thought happily and looked at him. His face was so close to hers that she could feel his warm breath on her cheek. Closing her eyes, she leaned into his face and gently pressed her lips against his. His eyes widened at first but as he noticed how good the kiss felt, he closed his eyes. Pulling away from the kiss, Dana decided that her first kiss was very good.

"Why did you do that?," he asked her, sounding confused and a little nervous.

"I've always wanted to know what my first kiss would be like so I decided today would be a good day to have it," she said, smiling.

"Oh. Does this mean we are boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

Her eyes widened at the question. "No, silly. One kiss does not mean we are boyfriend and girlfriend now."

He nodded and sighed with relief. "It's not that I wouldn't want to be your boyfriend but I uhh...don't think I'm ready for that."

"Alex, don't worry about it. Sheesh."

He laughed softly and got up. "I'm gonna go play. I think it's safe now."

She grinned and nodded. "Yeah, it should be safe by now." Dana got up, dusted off the snow on her clothes and followed Alex out from the slide.

Fox ran up to them. "Alex and Dana sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage!"

Both Alex and Dana picked up snow and threw it at Fox, yelling at him to shut up.

"Hey!," Fox yelled at them, not liking having snowballs thrown at him.

Before he could do anything about it, it was time for everyone to go home. Dana, Alex, Fox, and the rest of the kids went back into the classroom and collected their cards and backpacks.

"Sorry about throwing that snowball at you, Fox," Dana apologized, stuffing her valentine cards into her backpack.

"It's okay. I wasn't really mad. So, is it true? Did you and Alex kiss under the slide today?"

She lied. "No and shut up about it. I didn't tell everyone at school that you had a rash on your butt, did I?"

He shook his head and put his backpack over his shoulder. "Well. I'm gonna go. Bye, Dana. Happy Valentine's Day."

"Bye, Fox and Happy Valentine's Day to you too."

He said bye to Alex and walked out of the building.

After putting on his hat, he went over to Dana. "Thank you for your card, Dana."

She saw him and smiled. "You're welcome, Alex. Thanks for yours too. I liked the hershey's kiss you gave me."

He smiled. "My mom bought those yesterday at the store. I helped pick them out," he added, sounding very proud of himself.

"That's cool," she said, putting her arms through the straps on her backpack.

"So I guess I'll see you on Monday, right?"

"Yup." She moved towards him and whispered into his ear. "Thank you for letting me kiss you today."

Alex grinned and whispered back in her ear. "You're welcome. I liked it actually."

She giggled and put on her hat. "Bye, Alex. Have a nice weekend."

"You too, Dana. See you on Monday."

They looked at each other for a few minutes and then Dana left the room, walking towards her mom's car. He followed her out and went over to his mom's car.

She watched him get into the car and muttered to herself. "I love you, Alex Krycek."

Getting into her mom's car and putting on her seatbelt, they drove away and went home.

The End