RATales Archive

Need You

by K.G.


From: KG <methos@execpc.com>
Keywords: Krycek/Scully
Spoilers: Biogenesis (barely)
Summary: The voices in Mulder's head show him a side of his partner he'd rather not have seen. Or is Mulder just crazy?
Rating: R for (extremely symbolic) references to sex
Author's Notes: I think its a little scary that I'm suddenly channeling the voices in Mulder's head. :-) What do you think? Let me know at methos@execpc.com This story can also be found at my web site: http://www.execpc.com/~methos/fic.html


Partner. The word takes on new meaning when applied to you. You take care of me ... care for me, like no one in the world ever has. You bandage my physical hurts. Soothe my frantic emotions. I need you. Now. Oh so bad.

You're such a mix of contrasting qualities. You like stylish yet severe suits. You wear a slender cross around your neck. You believe in that with more conviction than any of the terrible truths I have forced you to look upon with your own eyes. You are the essence of patient reason and calm conservatism.

Yet your hair is flame red and you wear a ring on the second toe of your right foot. A tiny spiderweb of silver wire with a thin green stone set in the middle. I laughed at that when I first noticed, and you blushed, and quietly explained that it reminded you of something you needed to be reminded of. All of your adornments are rife with symbolism, it seems.

What do you need to remember that a toe ring could possibly remind you of? A wilder time? A less rational Dana who expressed herself as she would and damn the consequences? What else don't I know about you?

You wear it constantly, hidden under expensive suede or leather shoes. Sometimes when you think no one is watching, you'll casually slip off your right shoe, cross your legs and reach down. You'll gently toy with your foot, as if adjusting a stocking into a more comfortable position. But I know you're touching it, feeling it, feeling different about yourself.

Feeling that bright cool green stone, wrapped around your toe with silver filigre. Green, green, jade green, the color of cat's eyes. Shining and smiling in the darkness.

Oh god.

Green.

Dark.

Dangerous. Oh god, Dana, no!

The voices are coming -- dark dangerous voices, drowning my senses like the waves of the turbulent green sea.

Shining traitors smile at me with cool green eyes, and they open their mouths and they scream, Oh god Dana, yes!

Wrapped around you like that damned quicksilver ring on your delicate toe. A languid cat-like stretch of bodies. Then frothy green waves pound the welcoming shore, and rush back out to untamed sea. And the tide is rising, battering the sea wall with unsurpassed violence, threatening to overwhelm that fragile barrier. And then it's falling, crumbling, and the tide is turning ...

Cold green salt-water ignites hot red flame and burn and burn and burn like nothing before and nothing after. Til all that is left is a tangle of damp red hair and cold green stone wrapped in sensual curves of molten silver wire.

And I know what you've done ...
And I know what you're going to do ...

No one takes care of me the way you do, the way I need you to do. Make a deal with the devil for me Scully?

I hate you. I love you.

"Scully! Scully, I need you. Scully!"