RATales Archive

Lucky Charms And Beer

by Magnemmar


Hello, this is my first time posting here, so I'd like any feedback (good or bad) on this story. Please note that it's my first time writing a Ratfic, but I do plan on writing a series of Ratfics, which will continue directly after this story.

Grab me on ICQ: 6340704


A dark rumble and blinding white lightning flashed across the sky, as Jimmy Swanson swore and pushed the shopping cart towards the Grocery Store. As Jimmy began towards the ramp, a small black car raced into the parking lot and screeched to a halt, coming to a rest a few feet from the shocked Jimmy.

Krycek stepped out of the car, wearing black jeans, shirt, gloves and a black leather jacket. The wind blew roughly as he spoke to the boy.

"Hey kid, how much longer do I have before the store closes?" he asked.

"Ten minutes or so." Jimmy replied as he shoved the cart into the rack with the others and walked inside.

Krycek mumbled to himself as he stepped inside the old and worn down store. The cracked tiles crunched underneath his steps as he walked, and the lights flickered with each burst of thunder and lightning.

Krycek walked up to a female cashier, who was filling out a crossword puzzle. Her good looks and nice body attracted Krycek, until she stared at him with a sour look.

"Well, what do you want?" she asked.

Krycek slightly grinned and leaned forward to the cashier and stared at her name tag. It read: Jennifer.

"Well..Jennifer..I want to know where the beer and cereal are at." he stated as his eyes ran down the front of her smock.

Jennifer took a small step back, pulled at her smock and then smiled.

"Aisle fifteen for the beer and aisle six for the cereal, sir." she said with the same tone.

Krycek nodded at her and walked to aisle fifteen. On the aisle were three men, talking quietly while looking at the different selections of beer. Krycek opened up the first cooler door and grabbed a twelve pack of Budweiser. He walked past the men, past a display of cheddar cheese, and turned down aisle six. He set a box of Lucky Charms on top of the beer and started to walk to the front when he heard a loud scream.

"Shut the fuck up!" a male voice yelled.

Krycek quietly walked up to the edge of the aisle and peeked around the corner. There he saw the three men, pointing guns at the Jennifer, Jimmy and an older man, who Krycek assumed was the store manager.

"Lock the fucking doors, old man!" the tallest man yelled as he motioned toward the door with his gun. The old man locked the doors and turned around, fear written all over his face.

"Ray, go with the old man and make him open the safe. Billy, walk around and check the store, that goofy looking bastard might still be here somewhere." the tall man said.

"Hey Rob, want me to shoot him if he's here?"

Rob nodded as he grabbed Jimmy by the hair and forced him to the ground.

Krycek turned around quickly and began to jog down the aisle, avoiding the cracked tiles. He jogged past the produce section into the back room. Quietly closing the door, Krycek felt around in his jacket.

"Shit! My gun's in the car!" Krycek whispered to himself.

Krycek searched around a little more and found a small object in the inside pocket. He pulled it out, pushed a button on the side, and heard a small "Ffftttt" sound. Krycek sighed as he placed the beer and cereal on the floor and peered out of the tiny window through the door.

Krycek saw the man known as Billy walking down the aisle, and was heading towards the back room. Krycek quickly scanned the room, saw the restrooms, but did not have time to hide. Krycek slid himself up against the back wall of the door and waited.

The door flew open, slamming into Krycek hard as Billy stepped through. Krycek let an audible groan and Billy turned towards him.

Krycek launched himself at Billy and jabbed the tiny knife into the base of Billy's neck. Billy fell to the ground and Krycek jumped on top of him, now repeatedly thrusting the object into the chest of the man.

Billy aimed his gun and fired off a shot. The bullet tore through Krycek's prosthetic arm. Billy grabbed for the arm and heard a loud snap as the arm came loose. Billy stared at the prosthetic arm, as Krycek grabbed at the gun. Billy slammed his fist into Krycek's face, and blood began to run from his nose. The two men kicked and punched at each other from their grounded positions, each man enduring the punishment that was being dealt.

Krycek leaned back and slammed his head into Billy's face. Billy staggered and Krycek felt his hold loosen on the gun. Krycek grabbed the gun and wearily stood up.

"Listen up, shithead! You're going to help me get the fuck out of here. I don't give a damn if you are going to rob this place or not! All I want are my fucking Lucky Charms and beer!" Krycek snarled, as Billy stared in horror at the gun.

Krycek kicked Billy in the side and grinned evilly. This was the part he was good at. He then slammed the butt of the gun against Billy's head. The blood ran freely as Krycek grabbed the tiny knife and placed it in his jacket pocket. He then pulled up the man with his one arm and pushed the gun into Billy's mouth.

"Hey Billy! Where you at? Rob and me heard them shots." a voice yelled.

Krycek pulled Billy into the restroom, locked the door and angrily whispered, "Tell him you are alright. One word about me, and you'll die! He won't be able to stop me from putting a bullet through your fucking brain!" Krycek made it clear by pulling the gun from Billy's mouth and pressing the gun hard into Billy's temple. Billy nodded in agreement.

"Billy!!"

"Ray, I'm in here! I'm in the bathroom, I'm okay!" Billy said loudly.

"Did you find that guy? We heard you shoot."

"No, I, uh, shot at a rat..damn things are huge in that back room. I didn't find that guy, I guess he left."

<Fuck me! Why did I have to get stuck with the dumb one!> Krycek thought to himself.

"Well, you hurry up in there! The old man can't remember the combination, Rob's getting pissed!"

"Okay! I will...tell Robert I'm fine!"

Krycek listened and heard the outer door slam shut. He then turned to Billy and slammed the gun's butt into his face.

"What the hell were you doing? You said Robert, not Rob!"

Before Billy could answer, Krycek unlocked and opened the restroom door. He pushed Billy into the room and motioned to the chair that rested underneath a small table. Billy sat down on the chair and began to softly weep. Krycek slapped him in the face and then hissed:

"Thanks to your big ass mouth, I might not get out of here!"

In one motion, Krycek kicked Billy to the ground and watched the chair roll across the room. Billy rolled up into a fetal position as Krycek loomed over him.

"Get up. You're going to get me out of here!" Krycek growled.

As Billy got up, Krycek grabbed his neck and once again jammed the gun at Billy's temple. Krycek stepped out from the back room and walked down the first aisle towards the front of the store.

"I've got your friend, boys, but I don't want any trouble. Just let me leave." Krycek yelled as he stepped out with Billy in front.

Ray and Rob were both standing with their guns pointed at the cashier and the store manager. Jimmy was on the ground, bound and gagged with gray duct tape.

"Hell no! You ain't going nowhere! Let Billy go, or I'll kill you!" Ray shouted.

"All I want is to leave!" Krycek retorted.

"I don't think you understand me! I said let him go now! You're gonna die either way!" Ray screamed as Jennifer paled.

"Then there's no use for you." Krycek said to Billy as he pulled the trigger. Jennifer screamed as Billy fell to the floor in a heap. Ray and Rob both visibly jerked.

Krycek threw himself to the floor behind a register as the other two men began to fire randomly in his direction. Krycek heard the screams of Jennifer pierce the deafening silence of the two men.

Krycek slid along the floor and dared a look on the bottom border of the register booth. He saw both men walking silently towards his location, both stooping low.

Krycek took three quick breaths and then leaped out, firing at will. His first shot went wild and hit the window, but his second shot struck Ray in the leg. Krycek ran forward for another shot when a bullet cut through his side like a hot knife. Krycek fell to the floor but quickly scrambled back up and ran around the corner of another booth. He turned and fired, but the gun just clicked.

"Oh shit!" Krycek muttered as he dropped the gun and reached for the knife-like object. It let out another satisfying "Ffttt" sound as he pushed the button. The pain was washing over Krycek in random spurts, and it worsened as ran towards Ray.

Krycek jammed the object into Ray's throat and twisted it around as Ray raised the gun. Krycek left the object hanging from Ray's throat as they both wrestled with the gun. From behind Ray, Rob ran up and aimed the gun. Krycek pushed forward and twisted the gun free. He pulled the trigger several times and watched as bullet after bullet entered and exited Ray. Krycek then pointed the gun at Rob, who was doing the same.

"You killed my brothers, asshole! Now I'll kill you!" Rob said as he pulled the trigger.

Krycek fell to the floor as another bullet grazed his good arm. Krycek groaned in agony as he saw his own blood flowing out from two seperate spots.

Rob stood over Krycek, aimed the gun and grinned. Suddenly, sirens wailed, and the front of the store was covered in a red and blue haze. Startled, Rob looked up and saw the parking lot filled with police cars. Rob turned and faced Krycek with a grin as he spoke.

"Well boy, looks like the calvary has arrived to save you!" Rob said with a smirk.

"But not you." Krycek responded as he rose his gun and fired. Rob fell to the floor as the front door was burst in. Police filled the room along with S.W.A.T. Paramedics came in behind them and began to treat the others, as well as Krycek.

"You'll be okay, buddy." an older woman said as she kneeled down at Krycek, and began to search him. She pulled out a wallet and opened it up.

"Oh jesus. Guys! Get over here! This guy's I.D. shows him to be a Peace Officer with diplomatic immunity! Get this guy on a stretcher, now!" the paramedic yelled.

Krycek moaned and coughed loudly as the paramedics placed him on a stretcher. As they wheeled him out, he weakly whispered:

"Get my Lucky Charms and beer."