RATales Archive

Love of a Killer

by Jenn Lucas & Jennifer Cuzzo


Authors: Jenn Lucas and Jennifer Cuzzo
Category: Scully/Krycek
Rating: NC-17 or R
Spoilers: SR 819
Keywords: None
Summary: A creature of the undead desires Scully as his eternal lover.
Disclaimer: Alex Krycek, Dana Scully, Fox Mulder, etc. belong to CC and FOX.
Authors' Notes: This story was an idea thought up by both of us. Alex Krycek as a vampire is a very fascinating idea so we decided to write about it. Since we are both skippers, why not bring Scully into the plot.


He had been following her again. She couldn't recognize the man that was following her, but she did notice how he was tall, dark, and very handsome. She had only seen him from far away and he was always wearing a long black trenchcoat and sunglasses, not allowing anyone to identify who he really was under his clever disguise. Yet, he had not been following her the whole day yesterday. Maybe he is trying to think about giving up on me, she thought to herself as she collected her things from work and went home.

On her way home, she started thinking about Mulder. She had not seen or heard from him in a week and she was starting to worry. Anytime she tried to contact him by phone, his cell was either turned off or he wouldn't pick up. If he wants to act like an immature baby, fine by me, Scully decided with a smirk.

Walking into her apartment and turning on the lights, she noticed a strange feeling in her apartment. It felt cold. Cold as death. Probably just a mix up with the radiator or air conditioner, she thought as she went into her bedroom to change into something more comfortable and warm. Slipping on a sweatshirt, something startled her. A dark figure stood in the shadows of her bedroom, staring at her. Scully grabbed frantically for her holster, withdrew her gun, and aimed at the figure, trying to control the trembling shivers moving through her body.

"Step into the light with your hands up. Now," she ordered, keeping her gun trained on her intruder.

The dark figure obeyed and moved into the light, smiling at her.

Her jaw almost fell to the floor when she realized who this man was. It was the man who had been following her all this time. Scully reached up and pulled off his sunglasses, revealing a pair of shimmering green eyes, staring at her.

"Krycek, what the hell are you doing in my apartment?," she snapped at him.

"I'm here to see you, Scully. Why else would I be here?," he asked, leering at her while he snatched his sunglasses away and shoved them into his pocket, never taking his eyes off hers for a second.

"Why have you been following me, Krycek?"

"Not happy to see me, huh?"

"Hell no. You've caused Mulder and me more tragedy than I ever thought was possible. You're an enemy, Krycek."

"Where is Spooky, anyway? He didn't ditch you again, did he?," Krycek asked, wondering where the porn-loving bastard was.

She almost laughed at his comment but resisted the urge by asking him a more important question. "Enough about Mulder. Bottom line, why are you here and why have you been spying on me?"

"I already told you. I've come to see you. I'm guessing you are not happy about that, are you?," he asked her, grinning.

"Get out before I kill you." Scully said, poking him in the chest with her gun

"Dana..," he muttered and continued, "you're so beautiful. Why cover up such beautiful skin?" Krycek added as he brushed a finger across her neck, near the collar of her sweatshirt.

"Krycek, didn't I just finish telling you to leave?" She muttered, wanting this 'meeting' to be over real soon.

Krycek grinned at her, turned, and headed for the door. Scully followed him to make sure he left. He turned, looked at her, and winked seductively. Before she figured out his intention with that wink, he grabbed her arms and pressed his mouth to hers in a passionate but quick kiss, leaving her in shock, and closing the door behind himself.

Putting a trembling hand to her lips, she couldn't believe what just happened. The man she was supposedly supposed to hate had just kissed her, and to her utter shock, she actually liked it. What's happening to me, she thought, trembling slightly as she put her gun back into the holster and headed towards for the bathroom for a nice soak in the tub.

Sitting in her nice, warm tub, Scully breathed out a sigh of content. Today had been one of those days where she couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. First, she couldn't find Mulder and since she couldn't find him, Skinner was at her throat, demanding that she tell him Mulder's whereabouts. She honestly had no idea where Mulder was. Then, with having Krycek following her. That really pissed her off. He gave her no real reason why he was following her and then he kissed her. Men are so damn complicated sometimes, she thought angrily as she closed her eyes.

As her eyelids started to meet, Scully heard the sound of her phone ringing and groaned, muttering an array of obscenities as she got out of the tub.

Wrapping a towel around herself, she picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Scully, I'm in Virginia."

"Mulder?! Why the hell are you in Virginia? And why do you always have to ditch me all the damn time? Is it another one of those 'real' UFO sightings, Mulder? Because if it is, I've had it!"

"Whoa. whoa. Scully, calm down. It's not another UFO sighting. It's something entirely different from that," Mulder stated, trying to calm her down.

"Well, don't leave me hanging in suspense, Mulder. What is this special case *you* are doing?," Scully muttered angrily over the phone.

"Do you believe in vampires, Scully?"

"Mulder, vampires aren't real. They are mythical creatures. Ya know, stories told by generations to generations. People who believe they are vampires are people who are mentally ill and who don't belong in society. In plain detail, they are not real, Mulder. Just a myth," she finished off her theory in her doctor tone.

He paused for a while before turning back to the phone. "Scully, I think you should rethink your theory. Three victims, Scully. Three women dead from puncture wounds in their necks. Each one had their blood sucked right out of their bodies. Legend says that vampires can't be near or in the sun. The murders were done in broad daylight. And what's strange about this case is that the killer left the initials, AK, on each of the victims."

"Mulder, I've solved the case for you. It's a cult, Mulder. A religious cult. What more do you want?"

"A religious cult? What kind of 'religious' cult has a ritual of sucking the blood from people's necks, Scully? Besides, what about the initials, AK?," Mulder asked, starting to get irritated.

"Simple. It's the name of a cult, AK, or it could the leader's initials."

"Scully, I got to go." Mulder hung up his phone.

Scully hung up the phone and sighed, thinking about the case Mulder was working on. Vampires are not real, are they?, she asked herself as she went into her bedroom to put on a pair of her pajamas. She picked out the blue silk pair because the material felt so good against her bare skin. Walking towards her laptop, she sat down and signed herself onto AOL. Clicking into a search engine, she typed in the subject: 'Vampires.' After waiting awhile for the search to gather up matches, she clicked on a website link and went into the webpage. Scrolling down, she saw, in bold letters, the word: 'VAMPIRES' and clicked on it. Finding some text, she started to read it outloud:

"Vampires, also known as creatures of the undead, are known to be blood sucking creatures who feed off the living. Vampires have the ability to use mind control on their victims. They are said to be experts in the art of love.."

Scully couldn't believe what she was reading. Vampires are not real. They are just a figment of someone's demented imagination. She didn't believe in vampires and wasn't about to start to either. She clicked out of the website and started to sign off when she felt the presence of someone or something standing close to her in the room. She turned around and looked but she didn't see anything.

"Dana, you're going crazy." She laughed slightly at herself and shut off her laptop. She knew she wasn't crazy but she also knew that there was something in the room with her but she couldn't see it. A voice entered her mind.

"Oh Dana, you're not going crazy," the voice whispered softly in her mind. "That's it! I have finally cracked," she mumbled to herself and laughed but stopped when she heard the voice again.

"I'm standing right behind you, Dana. You look good enough to eat in those pajamas," the voice murmured sweetly, starting to sound husky.

She recognized the voice in her head and spoke back to it. "I'm sure you are. I'm going to bed now. So I suggest you leave, whoever you are. I'm in no mood to deal with pranks now. So go or I'll call the cops on you, Krycek." She muttered as she got up from her chair, walked into her bedroom, slid into bed, and fell asleep.

"Good night, beautiful."

He appeared in the bedroom, watching her sleep. Getting down on his knees, Krycek brought a hand up to her head and began to gently stroke her hair, liking the way it clung to his fingers; like a lover would cling onto their lover. Bringing his head down, he placed a warm kiss on her neck and inhaled her scent, deciding that such a beautiful smell went well with the woman it belonged to. Thinking that the hand in her hair and the lips on her neck were all part of an erotic dream, Scully's lips formed a smile as she slept. Seeing her smile, Krycek stood up slowly and drifted off into the air, leaving Scully to her wonderful dream of her phantom lover.

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning, Scully's mind drifted back to the wonderful dream she had. Remembering the hand in her hair and the lips on her neck, she smiled blissfully. As she remembered everything in deep detail, she remembered thinking the hand and the lips felt so real. It couldn't have been real. It was just a dream. But then Scully started remembering her 'conversation' with Krycek. Yet, Krycek had not been there. He had spoken to her through telepathy.

I had no idea Krycek had telepathic abilities. Oh my god, I had a sex dream with Alex Krycek! Why in God's name would I do a stupid thing like that? As she started to think, she started realizing how she did find Krycek very handsome. But doesn't mean I should have dreams about him, does it? Putting her thoughts aside, she got out of bed and went into the bathroom to start her morning routine.

Finishing her shower and getting dressed, she collected her things, put on her coat, and went off to work.

Walking into the office, she found Mulder sitting at his desk, smiling at her.

She smiled at him, taking off her coat and sitting down at her desk. "Welcome back, Mulder. How was Virginia?"

"Boring. But I did find more clues on the vampire case. Late last night, Marita Covarrubias and Diana Fowley were found in their apartments, dead from two puncture wounds in their necks. It's the same killer from Virginia, Scully. Since last night's murders were done in DC, I'm assuming the killer is still around the area."

"I still can't believe we are actually doing a case on vampires, Mulder."

"You still don't believe in them, do you, Scully?"

She shook her head. "No, I don't. I'm still going with the religious cult theory I told you about last night over the phone."

"Why would a religious cult murder Diana Fowley? From what I remember of her, she wasn't part of any religion. And I'm guessing Marita Covarrubias wasn't part of one either. But they were both part of the 'syndicate.' So, I'm guessing the killer knows about the syndicate or was once part of the group."

She shrugged and looked through a file on her desk. Mulder started reading the autopsy reports from all the murders.

As she was working, a voice spoke in her mind.

"Meet me at your place tonight. I have valuable information for the case you and Mulder are working on."

She muttered back to the voice. "Why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm the only one that knows the truth about the murders, Scully. You have to trust me unless you don't want to find out who the killer is."

Scully sighed and whispered back to the voice. "Fine."

"Good. See you then, Dana."

"Shut up."

Mulder looked over at her, oddly. "What did you say?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing, Mulder," she smiled at him, hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

He looked at her once more, then turned back towards the autopsy reports.

Krycek laughed in her mind. "Mulder is so stupid."

She whispered quietly back to him. "Go away, Krycek."

He smiled. "Fine. Fine. I'll be waiting at your apartment, Scully."

He left her alone.

As night showed up, Scully told Mulder she was going to head home and left. She started hoping that Krycek wouldn't be there because she didn't want to deal with all his lies.

Walking into her apartment, she found Krycek sitting on her couch, staring at her.

"How long have you been here, Krycek?," she asked him as she closed the door behind her and put her coat away.

"Not long."

"Oh. So, tell me this *important* information that you wanted to tell me."

He got up and walked over to her, standing a few feet away from her, towering over her. "I know who the killer is."

"Really? Who is it?" She sounded very surprised by how direct he was.

"Me."

Scully looked at him, feeling very confused. "Are you saying you are a--"

He finished her sentence. "A vampire? Yeah, I'm a vampire."

"I don't believe this. Stop lying to me, Krycek. Tell me the truth. Now," Scully decided he was playing with her.

"I'm not lying to you, Scully. It's the truth."

She looked into his eyes and saw that he was telling her the truth. "And I just finished telling Mulder I didn't believe in vampires."

He smiled slightly. "You're not going to tell Mulder, are you?"

"Should I? Or shouldn't I? I don't know, Krycek. I really don't."

Krycek sighed; not liking that she was undecided about this. "Scully, if you tell Mulder, I'll most likely be dead before tomorrow."

Scully looked at him, starting to understand where he was coming from.

"But Mulder needs to know, Krycek."

"You really hate me, don't you?," he said, starting to get angry with her.

"No, I don't hate you, at all." I'm actually starting to like you, she thought to herself.

"Look, it's your choice whether you tell Mulder or not. I just wanted to know so I have a slim chance of surviving," he added, putting on his coat and heading for the door.

"Where are you going?," Scully asked.

He had to go because if he was near her another second, he was sure he was going to bite her. I can't let that happen. Not now, anyway. She doesn't even like me.

"I'm leaving, Scully," he said and started opening the door.

She walked over to him and grabbed hold of his arm. "No. Stay here, Krycek. We aren't finished talking." God, I must sound desperate. I don't want him to go yet. I want him to kiss me again like he did last night. Dana, stop thinking about that for one second!

Krycek felt his fangs starting to come out from his gums; his eyes form that predatory gleam. "Scully, I don't want to bite you."

"You don't have to."

"I'm going to if you don't let me go," he said, looking over at her, wondering how she could be so dense right now. Seeing him like that made her want to let go of him and run off to a safe place. But she didn't do any of that.

"You are not going to bite me, Krycek. Now sit down so we can finish this conversation."

He glared at her, ripped her hand off his arm, and plopped down on a chair, watching her with angry eyes. She followed him and sat down across from him, watching him watch her. Krycek's tongue came up and licked his fangs. She saw that and decided that she needed to see if they were real or not.

"Open your mouth, Krycek."

"What did you say?"

"I said: open your mouth. Now," she ordered, trying not to act afraid of him. I'm sitting across from a vampire wannabe. Not the greatest situation that anyone would want to deal with.

He obeyed and opened his mouth, pulling back his upper lip so she could see them easier. Reaching over with one hand, she gently tugged on a fang, not feeling any give. Oh my god!? He is a vampire! She pulled her hand away, not wanting him to bite down on her helpless fingers.

"You are a vampire."

"I've been telling you that along, Scully," he muttered; his voice sounding like someone possessed.

"Why does your voice sound like that?," she asked, noticing the almost devilish tone in his voice.

"Because I'm hungry. For blood," Krycek said, wishing this stupid conversation would end because his hunger was starting to get to him.

She sighed. "Can you live without blood?"

"Nope. So I suggest you let me go. Unless you want to die." Scully grew extremely scared of him. "You wouldn't do that to me, would you?"

"No, I wouldn't. I like you too much."

"Whatever. I'm going to bed. I want you to stay here tonight, got that? Don't go killing anyone. Do you understand me?"

He muttered angrily but nodded. "Fine. Let me die. Maybe you can call Mulder so I'll die quicker."

She ignored him and walked to her room, locking her door, just to be safe. Taking off her clothes and pulling on a pair of pajamas, she went to bed.

Krycek went over to her couch and laid down, trying to see if he could make it through the night without blood. Probably not. I'll be dead before sunrise. Turning off his thoughts, he tried his best to make the couch comfortable and fell asleep, feeling the ache in his body for the need of blood and trying his best to ignore it.

Scully woke up slowly, wondering how Krycek was last night. Well, he didn't wake me up last night so I'm guessing everything went all right. Pulling on a robe, she went out towards the living room, looking for any sign of Krycek. She didn't see him. God damnit! He must have left early this morning or just after I went to sleep. Ugh! She was so pissed off that she could kick herself. Better get ready and head off to work.

Getting into her car, she turned on the engine and started to drive to work, wondering what happened to Krycek last night.

"Worried about me, Dana?," a voice asked and started nibbling on her earlobe.

She gasped and glanced quickly into her rearview mirror, seeing Krycek smiling at her. "How the hell did you get into my car?"

"It just happened," he said, smiling at her discomfort.

She sighed and looked straight. "What happened to you last night, Krycek? I thought I told you to stay over."

"Scully, I'm a vampire and I was going to come into your room, but I decided to leave and look for other helpless prey."

"Who did you kill this time?"

He was silent for a few moments and then whispered it into her ear. "C.G.B. Spender, also known as the Cigarette Smoking Man."

Her eyes widened when she heard him. "You killed him?"

"Mmmhmm. I also killed those three women in Virginia, Marita, and Diana Fowley."

"You're killing off members of the syndicate, aren't you?"

"You're very smart, Scully."

(This next part hasn't been fit into the story yet but it was a part I wrote so don't worry if it changes subject all of the sudden. You haven't lost any parts yet)

"It had happened last year. Remember the whole SR 819 case? The case with Skinner having the nano-technology machines inside him?"

Scully nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Well, I was attacked and turned into a vampire sometime after my 'meeting' with Skinner in his car. I remember walking out of the FBI parking garage, wanting to head back to my apartment to get some sleep. I never made it."

She felt him tense up and she slid her arms around his waist, drawing him close to her. "Alex, if talking about this is bothering you, then maybe you should stop. I shouldn't have brought it up with you. It was stupid of me to and..-"

She was interrupted by a soft kiss on her lips. "It's all right, Dana. I want to tell you. Unless you want me to stop?," he asked, looking at her.

"No, no. I want you to continue."

Krycek grinned slightly and continued.

"As I said before, I never made it. I was turning down a street when something grabbed me, pulling me into an alley, sinking its fangs into my neck and pretty much gulping down my blood."

Scully's eyes widened as her mind thought up an image of that and she couldn't help but tighten her hold on him. Krycek's arms slid around her body, holding her close, and continued talking.

"When I thought it had taken all my blood, the vampire let me fall to the ground, obviously enjoying the sight of me lying there, struggling to breathe and even keep my eyes open. I remember looking up at the vampire, noticing that it was a man. He started talking about me being able to survive; just not as a human. Before I knew what was going on, he bit into his wrist, letting the blood trail down his arm and then put it over my mouth, dripping blood on my lips and chin. He told me that if I wanted to live, I'd have to drink his blood. I didn't know what to do. My heartbeat was slowly starting to stop and I felt so weak and scared. I don't remember much of drinking his blood or anything but I do remember waking up in the alley, hungry for something but I didn't know what it was. My attacker had vanished so I left the alley, in search of a way to quench my hunger. A homeless old woman walked past me and I felt the hunger become stronger when she walked past me. I killed her and that's when I realized I had become a vampire," he finished and sighed.

"So, you've been a vampire ever since?," she asked, looking up at him. He nodded. "I wanted to tell you this because I didn't have a choice. If you ever decide to become one, I'll make sure you have a choice. You'll know every little detail when it happens."

She nodded. "Thank you for telling me how it happened, Alex. From the way it sounds, I'm surprised you didn't go insane from it."