RATales Archive

Krycek Snippet #2

by Flutesong


Krycek drabble
by Flutesong
X Files - Criminal Minds Xover
August 14, 2006


"Enough with the cloak and dagger crap," said Supervisory Special Agent Jason Gideon impatiently. "Just tell us the name and location of the killer and we'll be off."

A soft voice spoke from the shadows, "it's not that simple. The man you are looking for is protected by some very well connected people who have a vested interest in keeping him out of jail to do their work."

Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner stood up straighter, fingered his tie and frowned into the darkened corner of the room, "We're FBI, as you know, we'll take a chance with his "connections." He said aggressively.

"Ha," uttered the soft disbelieving sound from the corner.

"Stop, stop," said Gideon, "This man poses a significant danger. The list of his victims shows he has no conscience or remorse and will not stop killing until he is caught. Agent Hotchner is correct, we'll face whatever heat that comes, just as long as we get him sooner rather that later."

The soft voice spoke, "The men who protect your killer are the FBI and the CIA and all the other acronyms. They created him and protect him; I should know, I was once at their disposal myself. It's a risk," continued the voice in a thoughtful murmur. "Go see Agent Fox Mulder; he's the SAC of the X Files in DC. Take this disk and tell him to watch it with you. He'll try to see it alone, don't let him." A pale hand flung a computer disk into the dimly lit center of the room. "Don't watch it without Mulder; you'll need him to get to this man."

Gideon picked up the disk, pocketed it and peered into the corner, "How are you connected?"

There was a rustle of leather and cloth, "I know all of Mulder's enemies, he's the one their after, all the others are just cover. They don't care who they have to kill to get to him."

Gideon tapped Hotchner impatiently "Let's go." He said.

"Who shall I say sent us?" Hotchner asked.

"A friend," said the voice on a sigh. "A friend."

The End