RATales Archive

Krycek's Millenium

by laylya b.


Title: Krycek's Millenium
Author: laylya b.
Author's note: Vignette, Krycek/Scully - I don't know what it is...
Spoiler: Everything - Nothing - Mytharc Stuff
Rating: R - I think
Disclaimer: I don't own them and so on and so on....

sorry, unbetaed


New York, Empire State Building, 31. December, a few minutes before midnight

It's me, Alex Krycek. I have to say that again and again. If I forget who I am everything is going down to hell - with me in the first row.

I'm lying on the floor - on the oriental carpet of my studio on top of the Empire State Building, I'm lying for one simple reason: I haven't furnished the room.

I don't know how I should feel about myself any more. Just one thing that I know - I'm glad that I can be here in New York and nowhere else in the world. And that's much for me if anybody knew what I've been through for the last few months. This carpet in my apartment has something magic. It makes me imagine that I have the the material world in my back and the whole universe before me. I'm still a believer. I'm willing to see angels - I know they are there...

It must be cold. I've opened all windows and doors of the room. But I don't feel the cold. All I know is that I need fresh air - I can't stand the confinemenet of rooms anymore.

After all I have done - good or bad. The project started a couple of years ago - together with Bill Mulder. We developed a plan to get rid of the alien menace. That meant we worked against the decisions of the consortium. I had to promise to keep Fox out even after Bill's death. It took so many years to discover the alien terrestrial bases - so many efforts to raise money and gain allies to destroy them. The last thing I did in this century was blowing them up. It sounds so simple but I've killed at least a thousand people - scientists, soldiers, agents... all of them were lackeys of the aliens. Still I don't know if it was right what I've done...

The price I have to pay is the complete isolation that has grown around me. I've cursed my job so many times before but I know that there's no way to get out. I went through phases of anger, accusation, selfpity - but now I simply do what I have to do and feel nothing. It has nothing pathetic at all. Now I'm just tired - maybe I'll sleep throughout the turn of the century.

Moments later I wake up again. Something is different in the room - suddenly. It's warmer. Somebody has closed the door. It must be her - Dana Scully has come! She steps into the moonlight and kneels down before me.

She'll never know how much her visit means to me. Seems like I'm back in the world of people.

"Alex?! Are you okay?"

"Hi, Dana - how did you find me?"

My voice sounds husky and a bit sleepy.

"You have called me! Your left a message with your address on my answering machine."

"Oh, I couldn't expect that you would come."

"Hmmm. Meanwhile we know what you have done.. we thought we have lost you! Yeah, I had several invitations for Millenium's parties with very nice people - I was on my way to a girl friend... But I rushed to date with the man who saved the world!"

"I don't know if I was right. Maybe we have gained some time - but they could come back sooner as expected and angrier than before!"

"Hey Alex! You're a hero right now. Everything's okay. You'll find your way. This is going to be Krycek's Millenium..."

She moves closer and kisses me.

end