RATales Archive

Krycek's Holiday Gift Bonanza!

by Liz K.


Hey all! i've been really expired this week.

Disclaimer: Krucek's not mine, but you can't stop my dreams!!!!! anyway, neither is skinner, fowley, mulder, scully, old smokey, or spender. They're all CC's, 1013 production's, & Fox's. we should sue THEM for animal cruelty. cutting off a rat's arm counts as that. anyway, if you don't sue me, i won't sue you.

Rating: PG-13. A little bit of slash at the end. it's totally pg-13 though.

Spoilers: the red & the black, Millenium, basically US7. beware there are lots of 'em

Summary: Krycek buys presents, but who gets the best gift?

Author's notes: I'm insane. this is a product of my insanity. (hear the evil laughter!! HAHAHA!) hope you like it. 'tis the season.


December 10-12

Now, being the hot commodity that i am, I have tons of presents to buy. Everyone will get a decent gift, but one lucky winner will get THE gift. I'm just not sure where to find it.

First, I want all of my friends to go crazy. Being that I like to play mind games, I've decided to let them know that only one person gets the SPECIAL gift. My letter went as follows.

Dear Scully, Mulder, Spender, Fowley, Skinner, & Cancerman,

One of you is getting a very special gift this year. It is the thing you want most in the world. The rest of you will get something nice, but only one will get their true wish.

-the Rat ;)

I knew their gift lists well. I spy on everyone. I know that Fowley wants a chance with Mulder. I know Mulder wants a chance with me. (Those two are SO selfish & harmonal.) Cancerman wants Spender to be alive. (He doesn't realise I've been hiding him for months.) Spender wants people to know he's alive. Skinner wants the monitor to control his disease. Lastly, Scully, sweet Scully, wants a chance with another of her children. I can bring about all these things, but there's only one person I truly care about.

The next day, I purchased the less singnificant gifts. I bought a beautiful silver lighter. I bought some lacey loungerie from Victoria's Secret. I bought a Playboy. I found the coolest black oil paper weight. I made, yes made, a beautiful wreath.

Then I went downtown, to the darker side of town, and picked up a gorgeous little number. Yes, somebody's in for a good time.

December 25, 1999

Spender was the first to receive his Christmas gift. He waited til Christmas morning to open it. He opened the box to find...a Playboy. "Damn it!" he yelled. "But on the bright side, it makes the nights in seclusion a little less lonely."

Scully opened her gift with the Scully family. It was a beautiful hand made wreath. Scully was heart broken. Tears came to her eyes, and she tried to brush them away, without being spied upon. Alas, that rogue Bill Scully, saw her shedding a tear and proclaimed, "Damn that Mulder. Are you upset because he got you a cheap gift?"

"No, it's not that. This isn't even from Mulder. I just, well, I just miss Emily."

"It's okay, Dana. I understand. You're a good person for caring so much."

"Thanks," she said. Then she resinged herself to enjoy the festivities.

Cancerman sat smoking a cigarette and staring at his Christmas tree. He laughed as the Grinch sang on the television. He opened his gift and admired the finely crafted lighter. Nevertheless, he regretted not getting the special gift. He sometimes found it hard to distinguish that knawing feeling in his stomach between guilt and hunger. He decided to satisfy one, and he "The grinch himself, carved the roast beast."

Fowley too was alone on this day of days. She grinned ruefully at the gift of black loungerie. She knew that this WAS her gift and not some telltale sign that he'd set her up with Mulder. Then again, she'd never had her hopes up. The Mulder thing would come, all in good time.

Skinner sat with his family. Thank God for his present health. The Rat did bear any tidings of great joy to Walter. "That bastard would never give up his power," he thought. He smiled and opened the next gift.

Mulder received his gift on Christmas day, right between the time he got up to not go to church and the time he was debating calling Scully. The package was delivered by a UPS guy who looked all too familiar. He knew it was Krycek because not even a hat pulled down low could conceal those glowing green eyes. Mulder took the package & forced Krycek to come in and watch him open it.

"I hope you won't be disappointed," I said.

"We'll see." Mulder tore open the box with a vengence. "It's empty," he whined. "That was a cruel prank."

"Sorry Mulder, but I DO have a present for you."

"Ooh, what is it?"