RATales Archive

Insanity's Just A Phase

by Amber M. Howard


Title: Insanity's Just A Phase
Author: Amber M. Howard
Rating: R for implied sex
Keywords: KSR. Alternate Universe
Spoilers: Biogenesis. Takes place after the episode.
Disclaimer: Chris darlin, I'm sure you have better things to do than me, right?
Summary: Just a little vignette I jotted down after watching Biogenesis for the third time. Enjoy.


She returns to the office with a steaming cup in her shaking hand, the look in her eyes telling me that she knows. About the scientist. The Navajo. And the ship.

It's definetly not the first time I've had blood on my hands, but I feel suddenly sick for a minute.

She turns on the radio, drinks from the cup, and stares into space. "'Cause everybody hurts...to comfort and defend..."

Her reverie suddenly breaks. She sets down the cup and takes a renewed interest in my little Candid Camera operation. So much for the shock value of the last four hours.

I stare at the palm pilot in my hand and decide to take a gamble.

***

Dana Scully stood on the chair and stared at the little gadget on the ceiling. Definetly a camera. She remembered Mulder after their meeting with Skinner, saying someone was spying on them. Had Skinner put it there?

She heard the door open. She whirled just a black glove closed over her mouth, and Alex Krycek's voice grated in her ear. "Keep your mouth shut. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I have no choice."

The glove came off her mouth and a steel blade pressed against her neck as he lowered her to the chair and knelt beside her. He withdrew the knife.

She was at the mercy of a murderer.

So what else was new?

"What do you want?" she whispered softly.

He smiled, then he kissed her. She gasped. He pulled her down on the floor without breaking the kiss and covered her with his body.

Scully's mind spiraled into an insane whirlwind.

....Mulder/Skinner/Krycek/God/his hands on me/ his tongue on me/inside me/breathe/pleasure/ache/Mulder/God/wrong/help/like it/Diana that bitch/love it/ yes/no/maybe so/sin/help/breathe again/UFO in the sand/truth out there/somewhere/please/help/overloadoverloadOVERLOAD.....silence.

Slowly she opened her eyes to the ceiling above her.

Camera..gone..was it ever there?

***

I stare at the screen.

He screams and bangs on the walls, a wild carnivore who has just spotted the tasty morsel he has wanted for so long.

I could go in there. I could tell him what I did to Scully on his office floor.

But what is the challenge of crushing a man who is as fragile as an eggshell?

He'll be back. Then he'll learn. Insanity's just a phase in this business.

I should know.

The End