RATales Archive

Forget The X

by kryceklover13


Title: Forget The X
Author: NCHDBLAMKR@aol.com
Website: http://www.geocities.com/kryceklover13/
Rating: PG
Keywords: Deathfic, Krycek POV, Slash Implications
Disclaimer: I do not own The X-Files. Chris Carter and 1013 do. I just use them at creative liberty.
Summary: A Krycek deathfic told from the Rat's point of view.
Archive: Please ask first. :)
Notes: Another take on Krycek's death and what it meant to him.
Spoilers: Existence
Feedback: I live for feedback. Send it to me at NCHDBLAMKR@aol.com


I'm swimming.

I remember the gunshot and the flash of pain, but everything else is a blur, a finger painting of my life as a whole. And there's one big streak of Mulder right down the middle.

He was always the dark spot on my canvas. I could never decide if I wanted to kill him or love him.

I hadn't decided when I cornered him in that parking garage. I stalled because I didn't know, because I kept hoping that something would stop me. And something did.

I kept reaching for that gun because I wanted to escape. And the only way to do that for me was death.

I would have preferred to die by Mulder's hand, and I think that he felt the same way about me as I did about him. We could hurt each other as much as we wanted to, but we could never end it for each other.

If he could just give up the crusade, forget about the X, he could go on with his life.

Because not everything is X, Mulder. Sometimes you just have to stare life in the face.

And let it take you down.

~End~