RATales Archive

Extreme Measures

by Jennifer Cuzzo


Title: Extreme Measures
Author: Jennifer Cuzzo
E-mail: JCuzzo3442@a...
Category: Scully/Krycek UST, Scully/Krycek romance, Mulder/Scully UST
Rating: NC-17
Spoilers: A Little Pre-XF, Sleepless, Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath, Anasazi, The Blessing Way, Apocrypha, Tunguska, Momento Mori, Never Again(tiny bit), Emily, Patient X, The End, Arcadia, Two Fathers(tiny bit), One Son(tiny bit), and The Sixth Extinction: Amor Fati.
Keywords: None
Summary: Scully proposes a marriage of convenience to a certain someone to insure a loved one's protection. Passion and fury erupts between the two of them. And Scully is forced to make the painful decision of who she would rather be with.
Disclaimer: Dana Scully, Alex Krycek, Fox Mulder, Emily Sim, etc. belong to Chris Carter and FOX.
Author's Notes: As you can read in the disclaimer, the characters do not belong to me. But then again, I would *love* to have Nick Lea as mine.<g> He's my sweetie! Anyways, there are no legitimate reasons for me to be sued for this piece of writing so FOX, don't even bother. Oh and Krycek has both of his arms. Yeah, I need to write a fanfic with him missing the arm but for now, he has both. For those of you who I RP with, you'll notice that I used parts of our RPs in here lol. I would like to thank my friend, Paige, for giving me a few ideas for this fanfic. I'd also like to thank Jayne Anne Krentz for her wonderful romance novels which gave me the inspiration to write a fanfic with the topic being marriage of conveniences. Why is this starting to sound like an Academy award acceptance speech? LOL! Who knows.


What is a marriage of convenience? I had never heard of that term until the day I found out my daughter, Emily, was still alive. My source had been the man I had grown to loath. He had told me that in order for me to have my daughter returned to me, I would have to disappear from society and move to a different location. Having not seen Emily in over two years, I had quickly accepted the offer, not realizing what I had been getting myself into. I knew that as soon as my informant had walked out the door, my life would never be the same again.

Today's the day, she thought nervously as she finished packing her last suitcase. Placing the suitcase near the door, Scully gazed around her now empty apartment, feeling nervous butterflies soar in her stomach. Her escort was going to be there in twenty minutes to take her and Emily to their new home. I'm so nervous, I think I'm going to faint, she thought to herself, leaning heavily against the nearest wall, taking deep breaths and letting them out slowly. She had to remain in control or she'd go insane thinking about the earth-shattering choice that she made a few months ago. Before Scully could continue analyzing her disturbing thoughts, someone knocked on the door. He can't be here now. He told me he would give me an hour.

Opening the door, she came face to face with her escort; the man who had been accused of murdering her sister and Mulder's father but never arrested or convicted for it. Why am I happy it was Krycek who told me about Emily rather than CGB? It's a mystery that should be left unsolved.

"I thought you gave me an hour, Krycek. Has it been an hour already?," she asked, even taking a glance at her watch to see which of them was right about the time.

"I need to talk to you. There's been a change in the plans. The original plan was for you and Emily to move to another state, but I've been ordered to tell you that the smoking bastard has added another requirement to it. You..." --he had to use lots of willpower to continue on-- "...you are now required to have a protector for Emily." God, look at her face. She looks ready to kill, he thought, letting a gulp of bile make its way down his throat.

"And if I don't find someone capable in protecting her, then what?"

Krycek sighed. This wasn't going to be as easy as I thought. "Then, you won't get her back. Simple as that."

She sighed loudly, contemplating her current situation. I thought the original plan sounded too easy. CGB just *had* to do something like this to test me. For this 'protector of Emily' , the only person I can think of is Krycek. He already told me before that he is Emily's biological father while I'm her biological mother. I mean, yeah, I still hate the man but I've got to put that aside for my daughter's sake. I won't let anything get in the way of me being able to have my dear Emily back. An old saying wandered into Scully's head. 'A father protects his children and his wife.' He already has a child. Oh! I've got an idea!

"Would you be willing to be her protector, Krycek?," she questioned him with a smile; the wheels in her head turning.

Krycek looked at her, trying to find out her motive. "Yeah, I would be more than willing to take on the job."

She smiled, knowing the first part of her plan had been accomplished. Now come the harder parts. "Since Emily will be living with me, it would work out better if you did too. Ya know, it's kind of a way of avoiding suspicious neighbors?"

She had a point there but what the hell is she asking me here?, he thought curiously, wondering when Scully was going to drop the bomb on him. "What is this all leading to, Scully?," he asked, watching her with wary eyes.

"Wouldn't it look *and* seem better if we....well if we were...uhhh...married?" She answered him, looking into his eyes, hoping to find understanding and sympathy towards what she was asking of him. All she found was complete and utter shock. God, why the hell did I just ask *Alex Krycek* to marry me?! What the hell was I thinking?! This is all for Emily. I'm marrying Alex Krycek for Emily. Dear Lord. If it weren't for Emily, I'd laugh myself silly at the thought of being Alex Krycek's wife.

He recovered slowly and looked at her with an expression of vast amusement and complete disbelief. "You want me to *marry* you?! I've heard of some crazy ways for someone to get what they wanted in my time but this one beats them all. C'mon, Scully, where are you hiding Mulder? I'm actually willing to be arrested this time. Here that, Mulder? Cut the pathetic setup and lets get moving," he finished, turning around and putting his hands behind his back, waiting for her to cuff him.

Scully glared at his back and spoke angrily. "Damnit, Krycek. I'm serious! You are the only person I can think of that would be the most capable in protecting Emily. You are her father, for God's sake! I'd rather have her father watch over her than anyone else. Even Mulder. Would you at least consider my offer before you refuse?"

Krycek turned and looked at her, realizing he had made a mistake by thinking her proposal of marriage was a joke. Scully's a very serious woman. She must have thought about long and hard. She had stated a very good point. As Emily's father, he was required to protect and love her. A MC (marriage of convenience) with Dana Scully wouldn't be the end of the world for him. He would be settling down finally. But with Dana Scully?! God, maybe I better get some answers out of her before I say the final yes. It'll ease the queasy feeling in my stomach.

"If I was to say yes to your offer, I need to know a few things first. First off, how long will this marriage of convenience last? Will it be legitimate? And does anyone else know about this proposal?"

She felt herself calming down immensely as Krycek asked his questions. "It can last as long as both of us want it to. We can reassess our situation in two years or earlier if we need to be away from each other badly. Yes, it will be legitimate. No one knows I was going to propose to you. I didn't even know about it until now. Anymore questions?"

She didn't even know about it until now?! Who the hell is this woman and where's Dana 'Ice Queen' Scully?! He shook his head, trying to get rid of his thoughts so he could concentrate on what he was hearing from her, and put his right hand in between them. "I accept your offer. I will be your husband for however long it takes." Better ask her if I will be allowed the rights a husband has to his wife, he grinned to himself, despite the fact that he didn't exactly like Dana Scully.

Scully took his hand in hers and shook it thoroughly, smiling. "Thank you, Krycek. This really means a lot to me to have Emily back." Only doing this for Emily, only doing this for Emily. The litany kept going through her mind as she looked at her 'fiancé'.

He nodded and pulled his hand back. "Ready to go, then?" Just got engaged to Dana Scully. Can't believe this is actually happening to me. Nothing like this ever happens to me. *Dana Scully* is going to be *my* wife!? Holy shit!

She nodded and got her coat on, picking up two of the suitcase. Krycek got the rest of them and they both walked out to his car.

Tossing her suitcases into the trunk, Scully and Krycek got into his car and drove away. She glanced around in the backseat, hoping to find Emily peeking through the seats. She wasn't there.

"Where's Emily?"

"She'll be meeting you.." --he corrected himself with a small grin.-- "..us at the new house. Don't worry, I have someone staying with her."

Scully nodded and buckled her seat belt. "Where exactly is this new house?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise now, would it?," he replied, smiling slightly at her.

"Cute, Krycek. Tell me before I start describing how 'cute' that was.," she said, smirking.

He looked at her, laughing. "Feisty little one, aren't you? It's in Boston. Far away from the FBI and Mulder."

"Boston. I always wanted a home there. Now I get to have one," Scully stated, grinning with satisfaction.

He actually felt happy over her enthusiasm. "Well you got one. With Emily." With me too, he thought, his smile growing. Alex, you're going to be living with Dana Scully. That name used to make you want to gag. ENOUGH with wanting to bed the woman!

After passing by the 'Welcome To Delaware' sign, Krycek pulled into one of the town's Municipal Buildings and shut off the engine.

"Why are we here, Krycek?," she asked, looking around the crowded surroundings.

"We need to get a marriage license. You said it was going to be legitimate, right?"

Scully nodded. "We shouldn't use our real names, should we? I mean, we are supposed to have vanished from society. We might as well use different identities to avoid contact."

Krycek nodded in agreement. "I already picked out new names. You're Laura Baxter and I'm Matthew or Matt James."

"Laura Baxter? Not bad, Matt.," she replied, grinning. This plan is going along rather nicely. Shocking. Alex Krycek and I getting along. Wow. The grin faded as she asked her next question. "One thing though. Will we need to change our appearance?"

He pointed to the backseat, where there were containers filled with make up, wigs, and contacts.

"I'm not dying my hair, Krycek. No way in hell," Scully pointed out, feeling a little anxious about the identity changing plan.

"Don't worry about that. You'll just wear a wig, possibly make up, and contacts. Maybe even cover up your mole."

"Will we need to keep up the disguises when we reach Boston?"

"I don't know. Probably not."

Reaching back and bringing the containers up front, Krycek opened one of the plastic lids and pulled out a wig.

"You would look good with a dark haired wig. Nothing too short though. Maybe you could pull your hair back into a ponytail and slip the wig over it."

As he was explaining it to her in words, one of his hands came up to her face while the other was digging into one of the bins for a rubberband. Finding one, Krycek pulled all of her hair back, reaching forward to put the rubberband around her hair; making his face a few inches away from hers. Scully licked her lips nervously, not realizing that her tongue had rubbed against his upper lip. When she realized what she had done, her heart went into her mouth and she felt weak in the knees. Krycek couldn't believe what just happened. Scully had just licked his lip. *Her* tongue had come in contact of *his* upper lip. The lower part of his body flooded with blood, needing to kiss her full, luscious lips *right now*. Scully watched in amazement as Krycek's mouth gently pressed on her mouth in a sweet, soft kiss. His lips felt like the finest silk against hers. Soft and wonderful; able to make her mind turn into mush. Before she could kiss him back, he pulled away, not saying that he was sorry or that he regretted it. All she could do was look at him, wishing he was still kissing her. Her cheeks flushed with her desire and she cursed herself for it. Alex Krycek just kissed me. Why had he done that to me? Why had he crossed the line between professional and intimate? There would be no turning back for the next time. They were standing at the starting line of the 'Point Of No Return.'

Scully snatched the black haired-shoulder length wig out of Krycek's hand, swept her other hand over her head, making sure none of the hair was loose, and slipped on the wig as Krycek had suggested.

Glancing into a mirror that she found from one of the containers, she saw a different version of herself. "Not bad. I might as well put on makeup and wear contacts. It'll complete the change."

After transforming their appearances, 'Laura Baxter' and 'Matt James' exited the car and walked inside the building, remaining cool and collected.

Scully wasn't in much luck with the 'remain cool and collected' tactic. Her heart pounded a mile a minute, making her break out in nervous sweat. Krycek looked at her saw the scared look on her face, betraying her cool and calm expression. Wow. And I thought I was the only one ready to die on the spot here. Scully looks ready to faint.

Suddenly, Krycek placed his hand over hers and giving it a gentle squeeze for reassurance and comfort. As he tried to comfort her with skin-to-skin contact, he leaned down and started to whisper in her ear. "Relax. I won't let anything happen to you. You have to trust me, Dana."

She nodded and he saw her try to visibly relax and it managed to work as they reached the Marriage/Divorce Department of the Municipal Building.

"You ready?," he asked her, hoping she wasn't feeling scared or nervous again. It'll be all over soon. Dana Scully will be Dana Krycek or Laura Baxter will be Laura James, he thought to himself, feeling his lips curl into a smile. What the fuck is going on with me? I'm actually excited and happy about marrying Dana Scully! I've gone completely insane!

She nodded. "I'm ready. Shall we, Mr. James?," Scully replied, smiling. Why is he smiling? Why am I smiling? What's there to smile about? I'm marrying the man I hate.

He smiled at her, happy to see her smiling again. "Yes Ma'am, Ms. Baxter."

She laughed at him and shook her head. "C'mon before I have time to reconsider this fascinating offer of marriage between you and me." Fascinating offer?! Where did *that* come from?

Walking into the department office, Krycek saw a young looking judge sitting in his chamber, reading some form. Thank god it's not some old sick dirty bastard like CGB Spender. I'd have to kill the prick.

The judge looked up at Scully and Krycek, giving them a small smile. "Can I help you two?"

Scully answered the judge with a grin of her own. "Yes, sir. We would like to get married."

Krycek watched Scully with pride. He knew that when she was put to the test, she'd do very well. And she'll be mine in an hour. *All* mine. Not Mulder's or anyone else's. I actually like the sound of that. Dana Scully is MINE, Mulder!

The honorable judge nodded and walked over to them. "I'll just need your names and some form of identification and we'll start the marriage ceremony."

Scully and Krycek dug into their pockets and gave the judge their IDs.

"Laura Baxter and Matthew James. Both born in Manhattan and born 1968. Ms. Baxter, do you want to keep your maiden name?"

"No, sir. I would like it very much to be Laura James."

Krycek wanted to kiss Scully right there in front of the judge when he heard what she told the judge. She'd rather have my name. Goddamn! Could she actually like me?!

The judge wrote their names on a marriage certificate, signing his name and writing down the date. "You are now husband and wife. You may kiss the bride or do whatever you damn hell please, Mr. James."

Krycek was about to kiss Scully when she pecked him on the cheek. "That's enough.," she said, sounding angry.

The judge handed back the IDs and the certificate. "Good luck, Mr. and Mrs. James."

They both nodded and left.

Reaching outside, she pulled the wig off. "Krycek, we need to talk about the personal issue in this 'relationship' of ours. First of all, I don't want you to kiss me ever again. This is professional business, not some quick fuck. So don't bother getting romantic with me because I don't want that from you."

"Why did you marry me, Scully?," he asked, getting angry over her attitude.

"Because I wanted Emily back. That's it. I don't want to have a torrid affair with you, Alex Krycek. You are just her protector and her father, not my lover."

"I'm your husband or did you forget that little detail already?"

"So what if it's on a piece of paper? It's not even real! I'm not Laura Baxter. I'm Dana Katherine Scully!"

He snapped at her loudly. "Enough, Scully! I won't get romantic with you. I don't even know why I even tried with a cold-hearted bitch like you!," he finished and walked off to his car. "You coming or not, Scully?" God, this woman aggravates the life outta me.

"Right behind you, asshole."

Krycek ignored her, got into the car and started up the engine; waiting impatiently for her to get in. Don't take all damn day, Scully. I don't have all the time in the world for your crap. Unlike Mulder who lives for you. What a moron!

She got in and they continued their drive to Boston; making it there by nightfall.

Emily's temporary protector came out and walked over to meet up with them. "You finally made it. Emily is really excited to see you, Scully.," she said and smiled at Scully.

Scully smiled back. "Thank you for keeping an eye on her." She grabbed her suitcases and went inside the house, completely ignoring Krycek when he asked her if she wanted help.

"Trouble in paradise, Krycek?"

"You can definitely say that. Why the hell did I agree to marry Dana Scully, Debbie?"

Debbie stared at him, exasperated and completely shocked at what she just heard. "You married her?! What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong. I just wish Dana Scully wasn't the mother. The woman drives me crazy." She makes me SO mad and yet I still can't ignore how much I want her. She's sexy as hell when she's mad.

Sensing a little uncertainty in the 'the woman drives me crazy,' she started calming down. He's crazy about her. "You really like her, don't you?," Debbie replied, giving him a knowing grin.

"No, I don't. I'd rather be shot than be in the same room with the ice queen." He got out his bags and headed for the house. "Thanks for watching Emily."

"No problem. She really is a sweet kid. Never knew something sweet came out of someone like you."

"Gee. I love you too, Deb. Thanks for the 'wonderful' compliment. I'll shower you with gratitude real soon."

She laughed. "More like showering me with bullets, Krycek. Good luck. You'll certainly need it for this.," she finished, got into her car and drove off.

He watched Debbie go and walked inside; closing the door behind him.

The sight that welcomed him made his heart clench. Mother and daughter will finally reunited. At least I got one thing accomplished.

Emily wiped the trail of tears from her chubby cheek and smiled at her mother; who was also crying. "I've missed you so much, Mommy. I'm so glad I got to see you again."

"I've missed you too, Emily. You've grown so much that I hardly recognize you."

Emily smiled and kissed Scully's wet cheek. "Daddy said you were coming back and I was so happy when he told me." She turned around and saw Krycek. "DADDY!" She ran over to him and hugged his legs like she was never going to let go. "I missed you!"

Krycek smiled down at his daughter. "I've missed you too, Emily. Were you good for Debbie?"

"Yup! She and I got the house cleaned up for you and Mommy. Isn't it pretty?"

He looked around and grinned. "It's absolutely beautiful." He reached down, picked her up and held her close in his arms. "My sweet Emily."

Scully watched them and almost started crying again. Emily absolutely adored her father as much as her father adored her. I'm so glad Alex said yes to protecting Emily for me. She is very hooked on him, literally, she thought with a smile. Maybe I was a little rough on him before. I need to have an open mind for this. I'm dealing with the man my partner and I hate extremely. Wait a minute, if I could marry Alex Krycek, I couldn't possibly hate him. Could I?

She stood up and picked up her suitcases. "Emily, where are the bedrooms?" Emily looked at her mother. "Down the hallway and go up the stairs. You and Daddy share the same room."

Scully nodded and went up the stairs. Alex Krycek and I share a room. Oh lord, I'm definitely going to need to speak to him about this. I do not want to share the same bed with that man. It's completely unheard of.

Reaching the bedroom, she saw something that struck her eye. On the nightstand, there was a photo of Emily and Krycek, smiling at the camera. Who would have thought my daughter would be related to Alex Krycek? Mulder would have a heartattack over this.

Speaking of Mulder, she decided that she better call him before he started to panic and have convulsions. Krycek had once said that Mulder would die if he didn't have me in his sight for 24 hours. I'm starting to think that it might actually be true. Pulling out her cellphone, she dialed Mulder's cell number; placed it against her ear and listened to the ringing.

He answered on the fourth ring. "Mulder."

"Hi, Mulder. It's me."

"Scully?! Where the hell are you?! I've been calling your place and your cell for hours!"

She sighed and put the phone on the other ear. Her left one just went deaf.

"I'm in Boston, Mulder, and I'm fine. I'm just here on emergency family matters."

Liar.

"Oh. When will you be back then? I've got a few autopsies that I need for you to handle for me. Want to say next week?," he asked; sounding hopeful.

God! Is that all he has to say to me?! Ugh! Mulder makes me SO mad sometimes.

"Sorry, Mulder. I'm afraid I won't be coming back anytime soon. I think I might take up residence in Boston for a while. I'm needed here."

He sighed, sounding extremely disappointed with her decision. "Scully, what about the FBI? Does Skinner even know you're gone?"

"I've planned on giving him a call after I'm through with you. Don't worry about it. I'll handle it, Mulder.," Scully finished, hoping he wouldn't continue further with asking her to return.

"Scully, something is wrong. I can feel it. You're in danger, aren't you? Tell me now so I can help you get out of it."

I DON'T NEED YOU TO RESCUE ME, MULDER!!, she screamed in her mind, wishing she had said that outloud. She sighed in frustration. "I'm not in any danger, Mulder. Everything is fine. I just need to stay here. I need to go. Charlie needs me. Bye, Mulder." She hung up and sighed, feeling guilty for having to lie to him. Why should I feel guilty?! For the first time in my life, I'm happy *without* Mulder! Damn, I've been around Krycek too long. The rebel in him is probably seeping into me.

Mulder stared at the phone in disbelief, not liking what he was hearing from Scully. She didn't mention anything about a family matter with me earlier. I better call Skinner and see if he knows anything at all about this.

Dialing Skinner's number, he waited for him to pick up.

"Assistant Director Walter Skinner."

"Sir, it's me, Mulder. I need to talk to you about something that concerns Scully. Do you know of anything about her leaving for Boston without a note or a call?"

Skinner shook his head and spoke into the phone. "No, Agent Mulder. I didn't even know she was gone. How long will she be staying in Boston?"

"She told me that she's going to take up residence there. I think it might be permanent and I'm worried about her. She doesn't up and run off somewhere like that. It's not something Scully would do. I can't think of any reason for why she left except that she might be in danger and she doesn't want to tell me where she is."

Skinner sighed. Scully escaped from Mulder again. I was beginning to wonder if she was going to try it again. "If she's in danger, I'll send agents to Boston and contact the Boston PD and the offices there."

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate it a lot. I need to know if Scully is ok or not. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to her."

"I know, Mulder. I'll send out word as soon as possible. Bye.," he hung up and called Boston.

Mulder hung up and sighed. Please be all right, Scully. I can't lose you. You mean more to me than anything else in the world. Now, who's going to do my autopsies?

***

After speaking with Skinner, Scully put her phone away and started to unpack. She didn't notice Krycek standing there; wearing a small smile on his lips.

"Starting to feel at home?," he asked her; his husky voice sending tingling shivers down her spine.

She jumped and almost screamed out when she heard his voice. "Jesus! How long have you been standing there, Krycek?"

He grinned at her. "Not long. I'm just trying to make myself believe I actually married you. It seems completely fake. I always thought you'd marry Mulder and have 3.5 kids and a dog but I guess not."

She just nodded. Mulder and I wouldn't work out together as a married couple anyways. Even when we were married for an undercover assignment.

Glancing at the bed then back at him, she remembered her issue about the bed arrangements. "We need to talk about the bedroom arrangements, Krycek. I don't think you and I should share a bed.," she said her point, trying not to feel embarrassed. We'd end up killing each other or something very very intimate that's not something I want to think about right now.

He crossed his arms over his chest and watched her, trying not to laugh. "What do you suggest we do then?" Husband and wife are supposed to share the bed; especially on their wedding night, he thought with a grin and a throbbing ache in the lower part of his body. Won't get anywhere with this bursting 'monster.' She'll end up slapping me and I'll end up hating her and myself for even thinking of pursuing Dana Scully.

"You sleep on the couch, okay?"

He burst out laughing. "Scully, I really don't feel like giving up a comfy bed for a stiff couch. How about we put pillows in between us. You won't even know I'm there. What do you say?"

Scully sighed and thought it over. It might work or it might not work. That's the risk. Ah hell. I'll go for it. "Ok, I'll try it. Just no rolling over and *no* arms landing on body parts, got that?" Please, let this work!

Krycek grinned. "I usually keep my arms and legs in one place while I sleep so you don't have to worry about. I thought we already discussed not getting romantic with each other. I know when to back off. This is just a business deal. Nothing more." I'm nearly bursting and I'm telling her I won't get romantic with her. The irony and pain of it all.

She nodded. "Right. Do you want the left or right side?"

"Doesn't matter to me. Whichever one you don't take."

"All right. I'll take the left side. You get the right one.," she ended the conversation and started to put her clothes in the dressers she found by the wall.

He watched her put her clothes away and felt his heart clench once again. She belonged to him. She was *his* wife. Not anyone else's. Having her here made him want to do stuff for her. Make her happy. Even have her fall in love with me. Wow! The ice queen falling in love with *me*!? That's completely unbelievable! Mulder's Scully would never fall for me. Then again, she didn't pull away from the kiss I gave her in the car earlier today. She's the kind of person that needs someone to love her. What the fuck?! I've gone sappy. This is not a good sign. Krycek felt himself wanting to go over to her and just hold her hand; talk with her. Hell no! Marriage must do this to men. Turns them into complete saps. He knew he better get out of the room before something disastrous happened. Scully would kill me if I held her hand. She doesn't even like me. She's only in this for her daughter. I doubt she's even forgiven me for her sister's death or her cancer. Rushing out of the room in lightning speed, Krycek cursed his raging hormones. Can't trust those damn things at all.

Kissing Emily's forehead, bidding her goodnight, and tucking her in; Scully and Krycek went off to their bedroom to prepare the bed. Krycek's eyes couldn't help but wander over and stare at the clothing choice Scully was watching. A light blue nightgown that reached her ankles but when she walked, her underwear could be seen. God, she's driving me crazy and she doesn't even know that she's doing it. What a woman. Marita definitely didn't have that kind of power over men. I always knew when she was playing a game or not. Then again, there is that one time when she betrayed me. That bitch could rot in hell for all I care. She's in the past. Dana Scully is in the present and she's mine for the taking, in a way.

Reaching the bedroom, Scully placed a few extra pillows in the middle, slipped into bed and turned off the lamp that was on the bedside table. She felt Krycek get in and her heart started to beat wildly in her chest. Why am I getting all excited about *that* man getting into bed with me? Nothing is going to happen and nothing ever will happen. Putting her thoughts to rest, she rested her head on her pillow, feeling sleep slowly overpower her.

"Good night, Krycek."

He smiled but it wasn't seen because of the darkness surrounding the room. "Goodnight, Scully. See you in the morning."

"You too.," she fell asleep at the ending of her small sentence.

Krycek didn't fall asleep as easily as she did. He had a 'rock in his boxers' and it wouldn't calm down knowing that the ice queen was sharing a bed with him. Think about Diana Fowley. Think about how ugly that bitch was. Successfully, his body managed to calm down but it went right back up when Scully's perky rear suddenly bumped against one of the pillows; pushing into him. God damn it! I'm trying to sleep. Not think about having sex with Dana Scully! Instinctively, his hand wandered to the bare sweet skin of her neck. His rough, callused fingertips slid across the nape of her neck; feeling her steady pulse. Such a beautiful woman. Why the hell have I acted on this 'crush' before? His libido answered crudely: Because you haven't ever been in the same bed with her, moron. His other hand slid down to the hem of her nightgown, sliding it up ever so slowly; not wanting to wake her. She stirred slightly; making Krycek's hands jerk back quickly. Fortunately, she didn't wake up. He went back to his sensual body exploring. Raising the skirt of her nightgown over her hip, Krycek's eyes wandered across her beautiful body, clothed and bare. God, she's even more beautiful than I imagined. Leaning down slowly, his tongue gently caressed the inside of her knee; feeling her satin skin make goosebumps in response to his loving caress. Turning her slowly and gently, his tongue continued its way up her leg, reaching her silky thighs and her delicious smelling mound. His mouth flooded with saliva; needing a taste. Extending his tongue ever so carefully, Krycek carefully licked her lips, making her squirm in her sleep. That's it, baby. Just keep dreaming. I'll take good care of you. Rolling up her nightgown up to her stomach, he slowly spread open her legs, pulled off her underwear; resting her legs on his shoulders as his mouth covered her mound completely. His tongue slid away from her lips, in search of her clit. Reaching the hardened bud, he flicked his tongue against it slowly, feeling her hips churn and squirm around him. Sleep, Dana. There's nothing to worry about. His lips covered the hard nub and began to suck on it slowly, needing to make her reach an explosive orgasm while she slept. Without warning, he felt Scully's fingers thread through his hair and push his face in a bit. He didn't think anything was wrong until he heard her throaty moan. Oh shit! Glancing up, he saw Scully lying in bed, moaning and watching him with passion filled eyes.

"Don't stop, Alex, please.," she asked, literally begging him.

He caught use of his first name and felt his heart swell. Better give the woman what she wants, he smiled and started to suck hard; licking the nub every once in a while.

"Oh my god. Yes!" She screamed out in ecstasy, feeling herself come gloriously.

He watched, smiling and licking his lips as she came down from her explosive orgasm.

"Alex, thank you so much. You have a 'gift' in that.," she said, giving him a radiant grin.

"You're welcome, Dana." Feeling his rock hard erection pressing against her hand temptingly, he looked at her. "I have a problem though."

"You mean this?," Scully asked; her hand wrapped around him, pulling him out for her to gaze on. "God, you're so beautiful, Alex. I should apologize for my bitchy attitude earlier. I just feel uncomfortable being with someone like you. I'm supposed to hate you but the problem is that I don't. I like you, a lot. You've done so many things for me that the least I can do is to bring you pleasure as great as you gave me. So let *me* take care of *you*."

Her hand started to lightly stroke him, watching his eyes turn pitch black with passion. Reaching up, she brought her lips against his in a passionate kiss as her hand began to stroke him faster; knowing he needed release real soon or he would die. Krycek let out a powerful moan and started to buck against her hand, going crazy with pleasure.

"Ahhh yessssssssssssssss, Dana. That's it. Keep going. Ahhhh shit! Almost there, baby. Your hand feels sooooooooooo good. Like silk. Mmmm, I'm coming! Yes! Yes!"

His exclamation was cut short when Scully's tongue slid down his throat. Krycek kissed her back passionately as he exploded all over the bed and her hand; moaning in her mouth. Pulling away from the kiss, he stared at her in shock. She had made him come and she did it willingly. Wow! How the hell did this happen?!

Grabbing the tissue box and cleaning off her hand and the bed, Scully's face turned red with embarrassment. Krycek just gave me oral sex and in return, I gave him a hand job. Holy shit! Why and how did this happen?!

Getting up and pulling on a new pair of boxers and handing her a new pair of underwear, they changed the sheets and removed the pillows from the middle of the bed; curling up into each other's arms.

"Krycek, I thought we weren't going to get romantic?"

"I thought so too but god, Scully, you're too beautiful to not get romantic with."

She smiled at the compliment, kissing his lips gently. "Should we continue on with this or forget it happened?"

"I want to continue with this. How about you?"

She stiffened when she heard that she wanted to continue this new aspect of their relationship. "I think it's a bad idea if we did. I mean, c'mon, this is a business relationship, not a personal relationship. I don't think we should continue making love to each other. I shouldn't even be with you. Mulder would have both our heads."

The name made Krycek snap and he pushed away from her; almost making her fall off the bed. "Mulder isn't here, Scully! It's you, me, and our daughter. We are husband *and* wife! It is normal for the husband and wife to make love! I don't give a flying fuck what that asshole Mulder thinks. He has no say in this! At all!," he finished, grabbed the blanket and a pillow and walked out of the bedroom.

"Well fine! I don't want you, Alex Krycek! I hate you!"

"Good for you because I hate you too!"

Krycek made his bed on the couch and went asleep, madder than hell at Scully's stupid reasons.

Emily walked out of her room, went over to their bedroom; slid in, and curled up next to Scully.

"You and Daddy were so loud that I woke up, Mommy."

"Sorry, sweetie. Just get some sleep and I'll try to be quiet.," she grinned slightly; kissed Emily's forehead and went to sleep, madder than hell at Krycek.

Scully and Emily sat at the breakfast table, both eating a bowl of Crispix. Krycek walked in, kissed Emily on the head and went over to pour himself some coffee; completely ignoring Scully. Scully glared at Krycek's back; deciding on ignoring him also. After pouring his coffee, he opened the fridge and glanced around, looking for something edible. Grabbing the milk container, a bowl and a spoon; Krycek took the empty seat at the table, took the Crispix's box out of Scully's hand; poured some for himself and put it on the table. Adding sugar and milk, he started to eat.

Emily looked back and forth between her parents, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Mom, Dad, what's going on?"

Krycek spoke up. "Your mother and I are mad at each other.," he shoved a spoonful of the cereal into his mouth and started to chew; glaring at Scully's bent head.

Emily was extremely confused. "What for?"

Scully spoke up this time. "We had a fight over a little something and we haven't apologized to each other yet."

"Emily, tell your mother that I don't feel like apologizing. She's the one that brought it up."

"Sweetie, tell your father that I only brought it up because it's reality and we have to face that very soon."

Scully and Krycek glared at each other.

Emily sighed. "You two are re..dick..you..less."

Krycek burst out laughing. "Nice pronunciation, Em."

Scully smiled. "It was a good try, sweetie."

Krycek grinned at Emily. "Yeah, you gave it a very good try."

Scully and Krycek looked at each other. She spoke up first. "We need to talk, Alex."

He nodded. "You're right. Em, can you go to your room, please?" Emily nodded and went off to her room to go play with her toys.

Setting down her spoon into her bowl, she placed her elbows on the table; watching him. "Would it help if we started over?"

Krycek watched her and nodded. "And if all works well?"

"We will have a loving relationship in our marriage.," she smiled seductively.

He grinned and leaned back against the chair. "Sounds like a good plan."

She moved some hair out of her face. "Good and I want to apologize. Mulder isn't part of what we have together. You were right, Alex."

He reached over and took her hand in his. "I forgive you, Dana.," he said, placing a kiss on the inside of her palm.

She smiled. "Thank you. Oh and I don't really hate you."

"Neither do I."

Finishing breakfast, Scully decided to make the house *her* home. Putting pictures of her family around the house; changing the furniture with Krycek's help.

Gazing over her finished work with pride, she asked Krycek a question. "What do you think?"

He walked over to her and gave her a hug. "It's beautiful, Dana. Looks real good. Much better than before. It has a woman's touch to it."

CGB Spender sat at Mulder's desk, gazing around the little and large trinkets Mulder had collected through the years. The 'I Want To Believe' poster still hung up on the wall; questioning its owner into the existence of extraterristerials. His mind went back to that night two years ago when he had been standing in this office; holding the file on Samantha Mulder in one hand while he held a lighted cigarette in the other. That day had become disastrous and he knew that if he hadn't destroyed Mulder's office, the truth about the consortium would have been exposed to the public. Looks like I'll be helping Mulder this time, he thought; flicking his crushed cigarette into the garbage can below his feet. Sensing Mulder's presence, he moved up a little in the chair so he would be easily noticed. Give him the information and get the hell out. The order from one of his colleagues went through his mind. Mulder needs to know the whereabouts of Scully and what she really is doing in Boston.

Mulder couldn't believe what he was seeing. CGB Spender was sitting at his desk; looking at him with a look of indifference. Who let the smoking bastard in?

"Why are you here? I don't remember asking for the old saggy man himself to grace me with his disgusting presence.," he finished off, dryly; watching the old bastard warily; always ready to pull out his gun and fire at the prick.

CGB burst out laughing. Mulder definitely had a good sense of humor. "I'm here to give you information regarding your partner, Agent Mulder."

"What do you know?," he asked as he took a seat in Scully's desk.

"I know that she isn't in Boston on family business. It's something far more personal for her. Something she couldn't tell you about."

"Why is she there?"

"All I'll give you is a name. Then, you have to figure out the rest for yourself. Ms. Laura Baxter just married Mr. Matthew James. Find out who Laura Baxter and Matthew James are and you'll find Scully." CGB finished the discussion by getting up and leaving the office, closing the door quietly.

Mulder watched CGB Spender. Who the hell are Laura Baxter and Matthew James? Walking over to his computer, he went into a search engine and typed in their names. Laura Baxter was born in Manhattan of 1968. So was Matthew James. A few days ago, Laura Baxter became Laura James. He clicked on the link for photographs of them, and to his shock, he found Scully and Krycek. Scully's Laura Baxter?! Krycek's Matthew James?! What the hell is going on here?! Why did Scully marry Krycek?!? Looking for an address, he found one located in Boston. So *that's* why Scully is in Boston! To be with her 'hubby', Alex Krycek. God, I'm going to kill him or her. Doesn't really matter right now. Clicking out of the website, he called Dulles Airport; asking for a ticket to Boston ASAP. He went home and started to pack; anger and frustration being his main energy source for the rest of the day and night.

Watching clouds cover up the moon, Scully let out a sigh of content. Life in Boston with Krycek and Emily had become so wonderful and fun for her that she didn't even want to think of leaving them. She belonged with them as they belonged with her. Krycek had been shockingly patient and wonderful with her the past few days. She was beginning to think she was starting to fall in love with him. The thought didn't surprise her as much as it used to. Nothing really surprised her anymore. She was happy with her new life. That's what really matters, she thought with a smile as she went back inside; wondering what kind of mess Emily and Krycek had created. To her utter delight, it hadn't been a mess. Krycek stood at the table, lighting candlesticks. During the past few days, Scully had noticed how incredibly attractive he was and how charming he could be. Not exactly Prince Charming but he's a better version of the fairy tale, she thought; grinning from ear to ear.

"What's going on here, Alex?"

He looked over at her and grinned; one of those grins that made her heart pound a million beats a minute. "Just something a little special for dinner tonight."

"Ahhh. Where's Emily?"

"I put her to bed. She was really exhausted from all the bike riding lessons we tried."

Scully nodded and smiled at him. "So it's just the two of us?"

A sexy gleam went over his eyes as he looked at her. "Yup."

"Want any help with anything?," she said, starting to feel a little weak in the knees and she grasped the chair for support.

Krycek caught that and grinned. "Nah. Just sit down before you fall."

She turned a little red as she sat. "You're not supposed to notice that, Alex."

He laughed. "I'm not?"

"No. It's supposedly very rude for a man to comment on a woman's undying attraction towards the man.," she stated, watching him with lovesick eyes. Krycek leaned close to her; his mouth a mere inch away. "I already know how you feel about me, Dana. I feel the same way about you."

She grabbed his head and pushed her lips against his in a hard yet wonderful kiss. He kissed her the same way. They kissed like lovers who hadn't seen each other in years. Krycek started to remember his promise to Scully and pulled away, reluctantly; watching her mouth turn into a pout. God, how he wanted to kiss that pout away. But he knew he shouldn't. They were supposed to ease their way into this. Not push right through and start the main event.

"Dana, we're supposed to do this slowly. Don't make it any harder on me than it is. You know I need you so badly."

Scully sighed and nodded. "I know. This is so hard though. Alex, I think I'm falling love with you."

Krycek grinned from ear to ear; feeling his heart swell twenty times larger. "I think I am too, Dana." "Lets eat. It might knock off some of that sexual energy running through us." He laughed and nodded, kissing her forehead. "All right."

He got up and went over to the other side of the table; turning off the lights so only the candles were their way of having lights.

Scully watched Krycek put down two plates of food. It was chicken with some sort of garlic seasoning on top, rice and some potato. God, this smells *so* good! He poured wine for both of them and took his seat across from her; looking at her with a smile.

"Looks and smells delicious, Alex. Did you cook all this?" He nodded with pride. "Yup. I'm not exactly Julia Child but I'm close."

She burst out laughing. "You're not even in the same gender type as Julia Child. She's more pig than anything else."

Krycek grinned at her joke and started to eat. "Hope you like it."

"I know I will.," she said, picking up her fork and knife; cutting off a piece of the chicken, putting it into her mouth, and starting to chew. "Mmm...very good."

"Thanks."

They ate and talked for a while, not noticing when someone walked past the window. Their intruder peered in and saw them eating together. Oh my god?! She's actually enjoying that rat bastard's company! This is absolutely disgusting! Not wanting to be seen, Mulder left the house, got into his car, and drove to his motel; wanting to kill Krycek. He's probably got her brainwashed! My Scully belongs to *me!,* not him!

Finishing dinner and helping him clean off the dishes, they drifted off to the couch, carrying their wineglasses and sipping generously at the delicious wine.

"So, Alex, tell me what made you join the group."

He watched her from across the couch; wondering if he should spill his secrets to her. Why not? The woman is practically *yours*. She already told you that she was falling in love with you. You've got her loyalty.

"I joined the group when I was still at Quantico. It was around 1991. About when Mulder had created the X-Files. The smoking bastard came up to me one day after class, telling me that my future would be better fulfilled if I joined the group. I had no idea who this man was and I was still a kid in a sense. Completely ignorant of what really went on in the world. I was still buying the 'fight for your country' bit but as I started to learn more about the group and went was going on, the bit seemed as false as the ad saying that 'Uncle Sam Needs You.' All Uncle Sam needs is gullible morons willing to commit suicide. Anyway, after my meeting with CGB Spender, I decided to join; not knowing what I was really getting into. I did some training for awhile. Some surveillancing on you and Mulder. Mostly Mulder. I was told I had to learn everything there was on him. I did. I knew about his sister up to that his parents were divorced and that his father was once a member of the syndicate. When 1994 rolled around, I was appointed Mulder's replacement for you. When you and I met during the Sleepless case, I hated you. I hated the relationship between you and Mulder. When you were around, Mulder ignored me completely. I was a jealous brat back then and I couldn't find for it. So, I told CGB that you were a problem. A much larger problem than we thought. But I had no idea they were going to have you abducted. I was just doing my job. Reporting to the man about whatever you and Mulder were doing. After Duane Barry escaped, we gave him your address and he took you. I tried to stop Mulder from finding you but I lucked out. I disappeared from sight because Mulder was finding out more than he needed to know about who I really was. Once the tests were done, I returned you back to Mulder. You were supposed to die. I wouldn't let them. You were my responsibility since I put you there. I took you to the hospital; called your mother, Skinner, and Mulder."

Tears rolled down Scully's cheeks as she looked at Krycek. "And I thought Mulder was the one that had saved me. It was you. I had no idea, Alex."

He reached over and took her gently into his arms. "I'm sorry for what they did to you. I'd turn back time and stop it before it happened. It should have been me but it was you instead. Can you ever forgive me, Dana?"

She nodded. "I already have by letting myself fall in love with you. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just like with Melissa's death. You didn't kill her. I realized that Luis Cardinale had killed her. He seemed so frightened in the alley that night that the accusation was flowing through him. I also found out from my phone records that you had called me but you didn't speak."

"I didn't have to. We already knew you were there. I just wanted you to survive.," he said, stroking her fiery hair. She sobbed against his shirt. "Thank you, Alex."

"For what?"

"For telling me how it happened. I never knew anyone could care so much for someone."

Krycek nodded and kissed her forehead. "You mean a lot to me. Because of you, I get to live with my daughter and her mother, who's driving me crazy with every breath I take."

She laughed softly. "Glad to know what I do to you."

He grinned and rubbed her back slowly. "And you manage to stay so innocent when you seduce me with your mind and body."

"It's not what you think, Alex. I have some very inappropriate thoughts about you.," she stated, grinning devilishly.

He groaned. "Mmmm, you have no idea what that does to me, Dana.," he said, shifting a little; making his increasingly uncomfortable erection more comfortable.

She knew exactly what he was talking about yet she decided not to embarrass him.

"Poor Alex.," she replied, smiling.

"You're lucky. When you get aroused, you don't really notice it. Men are the unlucky ones."

"That's true." "Lets go to bed. I'm getting tired." But not in the right spots, he thought, groaning slightly.

Scully smiled. "You're right." She leaned in and gave him a small peck on the lips; stood up and walked away, dumping her wine in the sink and putting the glass in the sink also.

Krycek watched her and groaned inwardly. He was going to be stuck with a hard on for the rest of the night and this time, he couldn't take care of it. He was supposed to be taking it easy with her. Not rushing to bed at every moment. He knew that sooner or later, he would sweep Scully into his arms and take her to bed; loving her inch by inch. It was getting harder and harder every single day to not take her to bed. With each passing day, he was starting to need her more and more. God, what am I going to do? What was I thinking when I made that promise to her? I'm going to go insane before I end up having her.

His aroused mind took him out of his thoughts and pushed him off to bed. Krycek knew, without a doubt, all that he'll end up doing is cursing his stupid hormones. Walking into the bedroom, he found Scully curled up on one side of the bed; the pillows not there anymore. Jesus, he mumbled as he felt his blood literally flood down into his boxers. This is really a bad thing.

What he saw next scared the shit out of him. Scully was sitting up on her knees, pulling off her nightgown; watching him with passion filled eyes. Letting the gown slip from her fingers, she lay back down but her body was more on top of his than on the bed.

"Alex..." she hissed quietly as she leaned down to give him a kiss; starting to grind her hips against his in a maddening fashion.

"Mmmm oh god, Dana..you..you." You need to stop?! What the hell is wrong with me? I want her *so* bad and she's throwing herself at me. I need it so bad.

Mulder had come back to go talk to Scully but when he noticed the lights were off, he decided to go see if she was asleep or not. Hanging onto the window sill for dear life, Mulder peered in and saw the most disgusting thing he's ever seen in his life. Scully was on top of Krycek, slowly grinding her hips into him. She was naked from the top and her mouth was fastened to his in a deep kiss. This is SO sick! Starting to let go of the window sill, he forgot he was three feet up in the air and he ended up landing in the bushes. OWWW! My butt hurts! Mulder ran off to his car and sped away, feeling like he was going to throw up. I'm going to go have a 'talk' with Scully and Krycek sooner or later and find out what the hell is going on!

Krycek felt himself slowly crossing the line from not coming to coming real hard. He knew he had to stop her. He made a promise to her and he didn't want to break it with this. But this feels *so* damn good! Once I tell her to stop, I'm going to bang my head into that wall over there.

"Dana, stop..ssttop!"

She looked at him with wide, scared eyes. "Alex, what's wrong?"

"Baby, you can't continue. We're supposed to be going slow. Not rushing into bed every second of the day."

Scully glared at him from up above. "You think I'm a slut, don't you? Goddamn, Krycek. You're such an ass!," she finished, moving away from him; grabbing her nightgown, a pillow and blanket and stomping out of the room.

Krycek watched her go. Goddamnit! Things *never* go the way they're supposed to. I want to make love to you so bad, Dana. You have no idea how bad my need for you is.

Making her 'bed' on the couch, she laid down and sighed loudly; feeling the cool trails of tears slip down her flushed cheeks. Oh God. The bastard made me cry. He doesn't want me. I just threw myself at Alex Krycek, who doesn't even want me. Scully curled up into a ball and started crying.

***

Lying in bed, he heard the unmistakable sound of someone sobbing. Oh Jesus, I made her cry. Grabbing a pair of sweatpants and pulling them down, Krycek went downstairs to see what he could do about making her feel better.

Moving her feet a little, he sat down and looked down at her. "Scully, I'm sorry for making you cry. I just want to follow my promise to you by taking it slow. But, god, it's getting harder and harder every single day. I think I'm falling in love with you. I need you more than I've ever needed anyone. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I don't think you're a slut at all. I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I'm an asshole for not noticing it before. I was just too busy hating you even when I didn't really hate you. I just made myself think you hated me and so I ended up hating you. I..--." he didn't get to finish because Scully's mouth covered his, shutting off any other words.

He kissed her back, holding her close to him; feeling her cloth-covered breasts press against his chest. Mmm, god, she's so perfect and sweet.

"Mmm, Alex, I forgive you. Maybe we could just start kissing and then see what happens next.," she said, smiling slightly.

He grinned and nodded. "I like that idea. And if one of us doesn't like what the other one is doing, we can stop. Ok?"

She nodded. "Yup. It's better than the promise before. I mean, I already know you and you already know me. You don't happen to have a wife and children out there, do you?"

Krycek laughed and shook his head. "No, Dana. You and Emily are my only family."

"Good. I don't want to share you.," she said, determined to keep Krycek's hers for as long as she wants. Where did this possessive streak come from? And why is it acting up on Alex Krycek?

"Want to go back to the bed?," Krycek asked, nuzzling her neck. Scully moaned softly and nodded. "Yea. You were right about one thing. This couch sucks big time."

He laughed softly, swept her off her feet, and carried her up to bed; kissing her the entire time.

Reaching the bedroom, he laid her down gently; sitting down on the other side of the bed, looking down at her with a sensual grin. She grinned back at him, reaching up and bringing his head down for a passionate kiss. Krycek's mouth loved Scully's for what seemed like forever as his hands slid up and down her body; tracing the curves and bumps. She moaned softly as her fingers traced his jawbone and lightly traced his ear. His mouth slowly left hers, caressing her bottom lip with a fingertip as he start to trail wet kisses down her neck and throat. Scully arched slightly, needing to meet his wonderful mouth. Krycek felt her response and the blood in his system made a direct route south. Please let me have her completely. I need it *SO* bad! Continuing his tingling kisses down her throat, his hand wandered down her gown and gently caressed her leg. Scully felt the caress on her leg but didn't make any fuss over it. Her hands were all over his chest, caressing his nipples; nibbling on his ribs. He laughed softly when her tongue slid across his stomach but gasped when the wandering tongue met with one of his nipples; swirling around it. Krycek moaned and shut his eyes.

"Feels so damn good, baby."

Scully looked up at him and grinned, loving his response to her ministrations. His nipples were ultra sensitive and when someone did that, it drove him out of his mind. It was almost better than a blowjob. Deciding to give the other one attention, she blew on the one she made wet and went to give the other one the same attention. Krycek couldn't believe this was happening to him. Knowing that it was Scully's tongue doing this to his nipples, he was a split-second away from bursting. Wanting to make her feel pleasure, he moved his body away from her seductive tongue. She protested a little but when she saw what he was going to do, she stopped and growled low in her throat. Removing her nightgown, he saw her breasts and thought they were the most beautiful pair in the world. Full and puckered, not too small, not too big. Just perfect for him to cup in his hands. Leaning down, his tongue licked the tip of one, making her arch up against him. Reaching down and placing a hand against her back to support her, he started to lick furiously at her nipples; hearing her moans and groans loud and clear.

"Alexxxx..oh god..suck them...please..I...shit...need your mouth.," she managed to get out of her mouth before she moaned loudly when he began to suck the other one real hard. "Jesus..YEAH!"

While he sucked on the other one, his hand went and plucked the other nipple, making her moan with crazed desire. Arching up against his mouth wildly, she screamed out his name and her pleasure as she came. Falling back against the bed, she was out of breath and felt so good inside. Love that man. He certainly knows how to drive someone out of their mind.

Looking down at her, smiling; he wiped away a thin layer of sweat from her forehead. "How do you feel?"

"Like I just came back from heaven.," she replied, grinning blissfully.

He smiled wider. "Well, you're welcome. You're one passionate woman, Dana Scully."

She laughed slightly. "Thank you."

Krycek nodded and sighed. "Now I need to ask you a favor of my own. Either I die from having an erection, which is something I'm not too thrilled about doing, or you let me continue making love to you. The second one has to be my choice between the two. Death from an erection is probably the worst way to die for a man. Just so you know.," he stated, grinning slightly.

Scully laughed and nodded. "I would love it if you did continue."

He smiled, stripped off his sweats and boxers, tossing them to the side. "Want me to help you or can you manage undressing yourself?," he said, a leer making its way across his face.

"I can manage quite well." She slipped her underwear off and tossed it off the bed; moving over to him.

Krycek watched her, resting his butt on his heels; the evidence of his arousal sticking straight up from his lap. He thought himself an extremely lucky fuck when Scully slowly straddled his hips and kissed him passionately. Holding onto her tightly, he helped her ease down on him slowly; bucking slightly when he was completely inside her. Hot, so very very hot. Soaking wet and *tight*. Remember to be careful, Scully hasn't had any in a long time. Thrusting slowly into her at first, needing to let her body grow accustomed to his thick presence. She moaned with each thrust; sliding her fingers into his hair.

"Baby, this feels soooooooo good!," Scully said, moaning. "I know, love. It'll feel sooooo much better sooon."

Realizing she was ready for him, Krycek started to thrust harder inside her, moaning loudly. This was what he had been waiting for. Scully moaned louder and started to move against him also; wanting to make him crazy with pleasure. Nuzzling and kissing his neck, her thrusts became more demanding. He gave her what she wanted by pushing her down onto the bed; tilting her hips up a bit, and slamming into her. They were both crazed with the pleasure of it. Neither of them knew who came first. Their orgasms came crashing at the same time. Panting, Krycek pulled out of her; rolling over to an empty side of the bed, bringing her exhausted body with him.

Scully looked at him, amazed and so thoroughly satisfied. "That..was wonderful, Alex."

He smiled a bit arrogantly. "I know. You were the wonderful part of it all."

She grinned. "I'm glad we decided to ditch the promise. I was starting to go out of my mind, needing you."

"So was I, Dana."

Kissing his cheek, Scully felt her eyelids get droopy. Krycek saw it and smiled. "Get some sleep, love. You look like you need it badly."

She grinned sleepily and nodded. "Goodnight, Alex. Thank you so much for tonight. It was beautiful."

"You're welcome, Dana. Now go to sleep before I tickle you to death."

Scully laughed. "Cute, Alex." Soon after, she fell asleep in his arms.

He watched her, stroking her cheek and falling asleep also.

Knocking on the door around 8 am, Debbie peered in; wondering if they were awake or not. Scully came running to the door, fixing her bathrobe and opening the door.

She smiled. "Good morning, Debbie."

"Morning, Dana. How's everything going so far? Have you killed Alex yet?"

Scully grinned. "Nope. Want to come in?"

Debbie nodded and walked in. "Everything looks so good around here. You've made this house really something, Dana."

"Thank you. Want some coffee?"

"Sure. No sugar. Just some cream. Where's ratboy?"

"He's getting dressed. Very slowly, in fact."

Debbie laughed softly. "That's Alex for ya. Sweet guy but slow with getting anything done."

Emily ran out of her bedroom when she heard Debbie's voice. "DEBBIE!!"

Debbie smiled when Emily attached herself to her leg. "Hey, munchkin! You're up early this morning."

"That's because I'm going to school today. Mommy's taking me.," she said, grinning happily.

"That's so cool. You look all ready for school."

Scully stepped in and spoke. "Mmhmm. She woke me up at 4, needing to know where her overalls where."

Emily grinned. "Mommy was very helpful. Daddy just snored."

A voice from the hallway spoke up. "No, I didn't."

Emily smiled at him. "Morning, Dad."

Debbie waved at him. "Hey, Alex."

Scully gave him a sensual grin. "Morning, babe."

Krycek laughed softly at them. "Wow..all these women. Jesus."

Scully shook her head and laughed. "Very funny. Here's your coffee, Deb." She handed it to her.

Debbie took it. "Thanks. Smells good.," she said, sipping it. "Tastes good too."

Krycek went over and hugged Scully from behind. "That's because she's good at making coffee. Aren't you, babe?"

"Yup.," she replied, grinning.

Debbie made a look of feign disgust. "Get a room, you two. Your daughter is in the room. She doesn't need to know what the bird and bees are."

Scully and Krycek grinned at each other and moved away slightly; still in arms' length of each other.

Debbie had never seen Krycek so happy before. Except, of course, when Emily was given to him. He had mother and daughter together. And from the looks on Scully and Krycek's faces, they were falling headfirst in love; not caring at all. Well, I'm happy for him. He deserves it. Especially after all that has happened to him in the past.

Remembering why she was here, her happiness was put on pause and she cleared her throat to get their attention. "Alex, there's something I need to talk with you about. It's very important and I want to get it over with so I can head back to my cozy bed."

Scully looked at Debbie, wondering what was this 'important news' that she had to tell Krycek. "Something wrong, Debbie?"

"I'm not privileged to tell you, Dana. Only Krycek can know from me. Mind if I pull him away from you for a while?," she asked, wanting this over *now!*

Krycek looked at Scully and took her hand, squeezing it gently. "Don't worry. It's probably nothing big."

Scully nodded even though she wasn't convinced. Whatever it was, it was causing painful knots in her stomach to form. Watching Krycek walk off into the other room, she decided to put her mind on other important things and started getting ready to drive Emily to school. Why do I have the feeling this important problem has to do with Mulder? Lets hope not.

Leading Krycek into Emily's room, Debbie closed the door behind them and crossed her arms over her chest. "I was told that CGB Spender told Mulder where Scully was. Mulder now knows that you and Scully got married. He was seen in Boston last night. So, it looks like you and Scully need to be *very* careful with what you say and do to each other. Mulder will most likely come in contact with Scully and ask her about this. I doubt he'll want to talk to you. All he'll want to do is pound your face in. He doesn't exactly have you on his best friend's list, Alex.," she finished, watching his expression.

His lips were parted slightly and his face was filled with shock and then anger. His harsh voice scared Debbie to death. "Is there anything else you need to tell me?"

God, why does he sound like the devil when he speaks like that. "Umm. No. I don't think there is anything else."

"Go then.," he ordered and walked out of Emily's room; warring with his emotions.

Debbie watched him go out and immediately started praying none of Krycek's anger would explode on Emily or Scully. I doubt either of them has seen him this angry before. Letting her thoughts slide away, Debbie walked out, said goodbye to the three of them and left in a hurry.

Scully watched Debbie rush out and turned her gaze towards Krycek, who looked ready to kill someone. "What did she say, Alex?," she said, in a tender voice; trying to see if that's what he needed. His monstrous gaze swept over to her and he just shook his head. "Nothing that you need to know." Mulder knows we're here, Dana. The shit has finally hit the fucken fan!

His expression didn't convince her at all. "Something was said that pissed you off. What was it?," she asked, placing a soft hand on his tense shoulder.

Emily announced her presence by clearing her throat loudly. "C'mon, Mom. I have to go to school today."

Krycek glanced down at his daughter and looked back at Scully. "I'll tell you later. Go take Emily to school." Scully couldn't help but feel the anger climb up into her throat at what had sounded like an order from Krycek. Who the hell does he think he is?! He's not even my real husband! He's Laura Baxter's husband! "Fine.," she replied, bitterly and walked over to Emily to help her with her coat.

Finishing with Emily, Scully got on her coat, grabbed Krycek's car keys and left. That man makes me SO mad! He actually has the gall to order me around. I'm not a petty servant, Alex Krycek.

Mulder watched a car drive by with a certain redhead in the driver's seat from his seat at a diner. He did a double take and realized that the redhead was Scully! Zooming out of the diner without even paying, he got into his rental car and drove after her; avoiding cars and pedestrians.

After following Scully for sometime, he watched the car pull into an elementary school parking lot. She got out, reached in and helped a little redheaded girl get out of the car. Oh my God!? It's Emily! She's alive! Mulder pulled into a parking spot; far away from Emily and Scully. He saw the smile on Scully's face. I haven't seen Scully this happy in a long time. Wonder what role Krycek plays in all this?

Kissing Emily's forehead and helping her into her classroom, Scully smiled at her daughter and left; not exactly wanting to return home but knowing that she should. Got to go find out if the fucker did any damage while I was gone.

Watching Scully climb back into the car and drive away, Mulder started up the ignition and continued following her.

Scully glanced up into the rearview mirror, noticing the car that had been following her since she turned down Lake St. was following her again. Who the hell is that? I better lose them. Remembering the way Krycek drove to the house, she turned down an alley and started following Krycek's shortcut. To her luck, her follower wasn't behind her any longer. Thank god!, she thought and continued her drive home.

Walking inside, she found Krycek sitting on the couch, cleaning his gun. Oh God. I wonder if this has anything to do with what Debbie said to him.

Scully decided to break the silence and demand that he tell her what was said. "Hi."

He glanced up at her from cleaning his gun. "Hi."

She sat down in one of the chairs that was positioned across from the couch and watched him. "I want you to tell me what was said between you and Debbie, Krycek."

Krycek took note in her using his last name. She must be angry at me. I don't blame her. I'm not exactly the best roommate in the world. "Might make you upset."

"At this point, I already am. So, lets get this over with so we both can figure out how to fix this problem."

Only way to fix this particular problem is to eliminate the cause. He sighed, put the gun down, and turned his weary gaze on her. "Mulder knows where you are, Scully. He's known close to almost a week. Debbie told me that Mulder has been spotted in Boston. Knowing Mulder, he will try to come in contact with you."

Scully's heart went into her mouth as she remembered the car that followed her this morning. "Krycek, someone followed me to and from my drive taking Emily to school. I have this strong feeling it was Mulder."

Krycek sighed and leaned back against the couch, having absolutely no idea on what to do. When Mulder does come here, Scully will go back home; leaving me alone. Emily would be taken back to the compound, never seeing either of us again. God, that sounds like what happened to Gibson. From what I remember, he never saw his mother and father again. I can't let that happen to Emily! I'd rather die than let my daughter be taken away from me. Scully, most likely, would feel the same way.

"We'll just have to go with the flow of the conversation.," he said. Bullshit! You'll end up breaking each and every bone in Mulder's body if he tries to take Emily and Scully away.

Scully jolted up from her seat, glaring at Krycek. "No, Krycek! I'm not going to sit back and watch Emily be taken away from me this time! She belongs to me! Not them!"

Krycek watched her, noticing how she felt the same way as he did.

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

Scully lips curled into a devious smile, feeling her anger calm down. "I've got a few things that I would like to tell Mulder. You do whatever you want. Just let me do my part.," she said, demanding that he obey her in this.

He got up and nodded, starting to grin also. "Ok. Emily stays here." And so do you, Dana.

She nodded, wanting to kiss him more anything. Might as well. Leaning up a little and pressing her lips to his, she gave him a loving kiss. Krycek kissed her back, relishing in how good her lips felt against his. He didn't care that he once hated this woman. He didn't hate her anymore. That was in the past. His present was filled with an overwhelming passion for her.

Pulling away from the kiss, Scully looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry for getting mad at you earlier. This day has gone from a ten to a negative million. You're the only one that seems to care about her as much as I do. Right now, it feels like you're my only friend in the world."

Krycek pulled her close and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry you feel that way. You know what they say. Nothing stays bad forever. Good manages to squeeze in." It better squeeze in or I'm going to end up killing Mulder and hating myself for losing Emily...and Scully.

Mulder decided it was time for the talk between him and Scully. Now knowing that Emily was alive, he felt the urgency of getting them safe from Krycek. Pulling up in front of the house, he got out; reached into his holster, making sure his gun was there. Reaching the door, he started to knock, wondering who would answer the door. Probably Scully.

To his surprise, Scully answered the door with a sharp glare at Mulder. "What do you want, Mulder?"

He snorted at her bitchy tone. "Nice to see you too, Scully. Can I come in?"

Her reply was simple. "No."

"Why not? I want to know why the hell you lied to me.," Mulder said, starting to get angry. What the hell is her problem? Why is she being so shitty with me?

"What I do in my life is none of your business any longer, Mulder. For the first time in my life, I'm happy with the ways things are going. Living with Krycek has allowed me to have my daughter back. Do you know how that feels? To finally be happy with your life after all these years? Of course you don't. You've made my life miserable, Mulder. From day one, I started realizing that I would never be able to have a normal life again. Thanks to you! But now, I'm actually being able to have a normal life. With my daughter and her father! So, don't even try making me want to come back because I don't want to."

Krycek heard their conversation and was filled with pride and love towards Scully. She's happy with me. Dana Scully is actually happy being with *me!*

Mulder was completely shocked at what he heard from Scully. She was *happy* with Krycek!? "But, Scully, what about us? I always thought we'd have something together after the X-Files."

Scully laughed bitterly. "You blew any chance of that with your obsessive paranoia!"

Krycek yelled out from the living room. "I guess the shoe's on the other foot now, huh?!"

"Mulder, have I introduced you to my door?," Scully said as she gave the door a satisfying slam in his face.

He just stared at the door, mouth wide open; completely confused. He couldn't believe what just happened. It didn't go his way at all! Scully wasn't by his side. She was with Krycek and she was happy! God. He needed to leave. Running down the stairs, he got into his car and sped away; wanting to never see Dana Scully again.

Resting against the door, Scully started laughing. She had done it. She had finally told Mulder off. God, I did it! Krycek was smiling at her good mood and walked over to her.

"How does it feel knowing that you did something that you've wanted to do for so many years?"

She smiled at him. "Feels real good. Very uplifting."

He laughed softly and nodded. "Glad you're feeling better." He continued on with what he needed to tell her. "I'm going to have to leave for a while. To take care of something so Emily won't be taken away from us."

Scully nodded. "Be careful, Alex.," she said as she kissed his mouth, caressing his cheek with her little hand. Make sure you come back to me, Alex. I don't think I could handle losing you. Oh Lord, I *am* in love with him!

The breath caught in his throat as he felt her mouth and hand on his face. She had displayed open affection to him and it made him feel like the luckiest man in the world. He grinned softly and nodded. "I will be."

Later that night, after they put Emily to bed, Scully watched Krycek get his gun ready. She knew he would be all right but she still worried. Scully was growing more and more in love with this man and it was driving her crazy knowing that he could die tonight. She recognized the hat he had on his head and the leather jacket he wore. He had worn them the night Mulder and I had arrested him at that warehouse in '96. Still looks incredibly sexy in that outfit.

Krycek caught her staring at him and smiled. "Like what you see?"

She admitted, boldly. "Very."

He laughed and finished putting on his black gloves. "Haven't worn this hat in a long time."

She nodded and grabbed his hand, making him sit down on the bed next to her. Scully felt ready to cry but held in the tears by knocking off his hat, grinning slightly. He watched her and felt his heart clench painfully. Krycek didn't want to leave with her feeling all scared and worried.

"Dana, nothing is going to happen. Emily won't be taken away from you."

"I know that. It's you I'm worried about. Alex, I don't think I could handle it if you died."

Krycek sighed and hugged her. "I won't die. I won't let that happen. Especially knowing that I get to come home to you and Emily."

Scully nuzzled her head against his neck and placed a feather-light kiss on his pulse. "You can keep your promise by coming back to me."

He kissed her head. "I will."

Scully brought her head up and looked into his green eyes, starting to smile. He smiled back and kissed her mouth gently; knowing what this kind of contact did to her. She kissed him back and reached over to put his hat back on. Getting it on, she caressed his cheek and kissed his nose. He knew he had to go but he didn't want to end the loving contact between them now.

Slowly and reluctantly, Krycek got up and headed for the door. Scully walked after him, enjoying the way he walked. So strong and beautiful. Able to destroy anyone with a pull of the trigger. Yup, I'm definitely in love with Alex Krycek. No mistake in that.

He turned and leaned down for one more delicious kiss from her. The kiss they shared was filled with so much passion and love, that neither of them wanted to pull away. Scully managed to pull away, licked her lips and looked up at him; seeing his eyes darken with lust. Not now, Dana. He has a job to do.

"Good luck, Alex."

"Thanks. I will come back, Dana. I promise you."

She nodded and smiled slightly. "Better go now before I end up dragging you down on the floor."

Krycek laughed. "Ok ok. Bye." He turned and left, closing the door behind him.

Scully watched him go and headed off to the kitchen to make herself something that would calm her scorched nerves.

Pulling up to the house, Krycek took a deep breath and killed the engine. Scully wasn't the only one that had wanted to accomplish something that had been bothering her for many years. He once had the chance to pull the trigger but he didn't do it. This time, the smoking prick wouldn't be so lucky.

Getting out of the car, he pulled his gun out and turned off the safety. He walked up to the house, took another deep breath and shot the lock off the door. As he walked in, he actually saw CGB Spender looking scared. Nice way to die. He aimed the gun at CGB's head.

"We've been through this before, Alex. Put the gun down."

"Not this time.," Krycek said and fired, watching his enemy slump in the chair.

Krycek let his gun drop to the floor, grabbed the bottle of gasoline he had stored in his jacket and sprayed it all over the floor and on CGB himself. Dumping the gasoline bottle, he reached into his pocket for a lighter, ignited it and let it fall from his fingers; starting a small fire. He ran out of the house, heading for his car as the house exploded. See you in hell, dickhead!

Walking into the house, he pulled off his gloves, hat and jacket; tossing them in the laundry basket by the bathroom.

"Dana?," he called out, wondering where she was.

She walked out from the kitchen and smiled. "You came back."

He smiled back at her. "Told you so."

Feeling drawn by him, Scully walked over and hugged him tight. "I'm so glad you're all right, Alex. I didn't want to lose the man I loved."

Krycek stiffened when he heard the word 'love.' The man she loved!? Scully's in love with me?! "What did you just say?"

Scully looked up at him. "I said: I didn't want to lose the man I loved. Yes, Alex. I love you."

Krycek's heart burst with joy. "You love me!"

She smiled and nodded. "Yes. I love you." Do you love me?

He kissed her passionately. "I love you too, Dana."

Hearing that, Scully kissed him back deeply. Krycek swept her off her feet and carried her to their bedroom, where they made love so hotly that they both passed out after it was over.

Waking up in the middle of the night, Scully felt Krycek's arms holding her close to him. She couldn't help but smile at the show of possessiveness from him. Being able to live with her daughter and the man she loved was more than she could ever hope for in an entire lifetime. She was truly happy with the choice she made.

The End