RATales Archive

CSM's Proposition

by Ashley Boydston


CSM's Proposition

I do not own this characters.

This is VERY short. It's a work in progress. But I thought I would share it anyways. All comments, the good, the bad, and the ugly, send them to me at brunette_bombshell15@hotmail.com


ALEX

Nicole was everything to him. He had to get her back. The CSM had taken her away from him. It's all my fault she's involved in this. They wanted to get back at me so they took her. That thought made him slam his fist on the table. He wanted her back so badly. The CSM had taken her so that Alex would have to follow his orders.

"I'll have to," he whispered to himself. If he didn't follow through with his orders there was no telling what might happen to Nicole.

***

3 days earlier

He had lied to her. Alex always felt bad when he lied to Nicole. There was no way he would ever let her know what kind of man he really was. He lied to her about going to see his friend, instead he was going to see CSM. He had called Alex earlier that day and demanded that they meet.

Alex hated when the CSM called him. He was trying to make a better life for himself. Pretty pathetic, but he had started working at a video store. He had lied to Nicole from the begining. She knew nothing about the former FBI agent gone bad. She believed his stupid storyabout him working at the same video store since he was sixteen. She also believed that he was a wonderful man. He would never let her know other wise.

The CSM and him met at a park just a few blocks from the apartment that he shared with Nicole. The CSM was setting on a park bench, waiting for him. Alex walked to the bench ad set down beside him.

"Alex, I've been waiting for you."

Alex sighted. "What do you want?"

"I have a little proposition for you..."

***

"I want you to get rid of Agent Scully."

Krycek gasped. "What do you mean?"

"I want her dead," he said coldly. The he took a drag from his cigarette.

"No way," Krycek said as he stood up. "I'm making a NORMAL life for myself! Screw you. Get someone else to do your dirty work," he said as walked away.

"You'll change your mind," the CSM said quietly.

Krycek flipped him off and continued to walk off without looking back.

No way, he thought, he would never do an other thing for the CSM. Trouble always followed the CSM. No way he'd get involved with him again.

Krycek stopped a block from his apartment, he couldn't go back to his apartment yet. Nicole would wonder why he had come back so soon. He decided to go to the video store and pick up a couple of videos for them to watch together that night. After wasting thirty minutes looking at videos he had picked out two. He rented them and then proceded home.

As he rode the elevator up to his aprtment he hoped she wouldn't see the worry on his face. He was stressed out about the CSM. He didn't want to have anything to do with the CSM in his new life he had made for himself.

He stepped off the elevator and turned the corner. He stopped for a minute. His door was standing open about an inch. He walked slowly to the door and pushed it open slowly.

"Nicole."

No answer.

Fear washed over him. If she had went somewhere she would have made sure she had shut and locked the door. He made his way back to the bedroom.

"Nicole," his voice was shakey.

As soon as he stepped through the bedroom he saw her make-up had been knocked off the dresser and flung to the ground. He stepped closer and noticed her wizard jewelry box, that had once set on the corner of the dresser, was laying on the floor in pieces. She loved that jewelry box.

He dropped the videos in shock. He began to hurridly run through the apartment, checking for Nicole. It was no use. She was gone. He curled up into a ball on the floor and began to cry. Where was Nicole? What had happened to her? Just then the phone rang. He set up. Maybe it was her.

"Hello," he said hopefully.

"It's so nice to talk to you again so soon," that cold, familar, voice came across the phone.

"You," Krycek said, upset and angry at the same time.

"Have you reconsidered?"

"What did you do to her?!"

"Have you reconsidered," he repeated himself.

"What the Hell do you want with her?"

"You do me a favor, I'll do you a favor."

"Listen..." but he was cut off. The CSM had hung up on him.

He set up at the table and tried to think of how to get Nicole back. He couldn't kill Scully. He just couldn't. But he had to have Nicole back.

***

5 HOURS LATER

"Announcing Flight 92, New York to Washington."

He couldn't believe he was getting on a plane to Washington. Could he really do it? At one time he could've easily. He had attempted to kill Scully before, and felt no guilt when he killed her innocent sister instead.

But now it was different. What if he killed Scully and then the CSM decided not to give Nicole back? Or what if Nicole was given back, but only after she knew what he was really like? He would have to take that chance. He had to get her back.

***

NICOLE

She didn't wear that much make-up. She usually wore lipstick, and that was it. Alex said she was pretty without make-up. She smiled at herself in the mirror. Alex love you, she though to herself. Her smile broadened. She looked around her dresser. Even though she usually just wore lipstick she had blush, eyeshadow, lipliner, etc. neatly placed on her dresser.

She started to sift through her drawers, looking for something special to wear when Alex got home. Through the mirror she saw something move. She looked up at the mirror and gasped. Before she had time to react the man was on her. He had one hand on her mouth and the other wrapped tightly around her waist. Her hands reached out for a weapon but she only found the make-up she never wore. Struggling and stretching she reached out one last desperate time and found her wizard jewelry box.

***

ALEX

As he boarded the plane to Washington all of his thoughts were of Nicole. He didn't worry about Scully. Was he doing the right thing? Was going to Washington really going to help him get Nicole back? His love for Nicole was so strong that he knew he would have to kill Scully. Then he thought of Mulder. Mulder had been his partner at one time. He had hurt and deceived Mulder before, he had even killed his dad. But if he could take it all back he would. He was a brand new man. A man that could care for and love other people. He knew how much Mulder cared for Scully, but he would have to take her away from Mulder.

The plane took off and he settled back and thought about how wonderful it was to be with Nicole. He would get her back.

Near the end of the flight something crept into Krycek's head. Something that terrified him. What if Nicole was already dead? He had no idea how they were treating her. He began to cry. As silent tears fell back his face he thought abouthow tiny Nicole was. She was amazingly short for someone her age. She was twenty and only 4'11. She weighed no more than 90 pounds. She was very attractive with her intense brown eyes and brown hair that fell below her shoulders. She was so fragile, he though, she couldn't defend herself if she needed to.

***

As he broke into Agent Scully's apartment later that night he knew there was no turning back. It was a little after nine, he expected her to be home soon. He hid himself behind her kitchen counter. He set down on the tile floor and kept the fun at an angle. He would shoot her as quick as possible. If he heard her come in and then thought about it he would never be able to bring himself to kill her. Then he thought of Nicole. He would kill Dana Scully no matter what.

***

DANA

After her tiresome day at work she decided to go out and have a few drinks. She had left work and was home by eight. She changed quickly and was out the door by 8:30. She had made plans to meet someone for drinks. She didn't know why she had agreed to meet Mulder and Frohike, but it was something to do. She was glad to have something to do. It seemed like all she did lately was work, work, work.

She arrived at the bar a little before nine. Mulder and Frohike were already waiting on her. As she made her way over to the table she noticed many men were beginning to look her way. She knew she looked absolutely gorgeous in her silver dress that came above the knee and showed so much of her back. And she really like the matching high heels. She really loved the admiring looks she was getting. I should get out more often, she though. As she took her seat at the table, Mulder an d Frohike turned around. Their eyes jumped out of their sockets. She loved it. This, she thought, was going to be a wonderful night.

***

ALEX

He was getting tired. It was almost ten o'clock already and he was sitting in the same spot he had been for the past hour. He hadn't even moved a muscle. He was eager and impatient. And he was getting tired.

***

FOX

She looked absolutely delicious. She looked so sexy in her silver dress. He loved how revealing her dress was. He looked across the table and saw Frohike staring at her with his mouth slightly open in awe.

He bought Dana a drink and they all began to talk about the X-Files and work related stuff.

***

DANA

She wished Fox wasn't always all about work. For once, she wished, they would talk about something else.

"What time is it, Mulder?" she hoped she didn't sound to eager to leave their company.

"It's a little after ten," Frohike replied before ever giving Mulder a chance to respond. "Let me buy you an other drink," he offered.

"No, I don't think so. I'm going to just go to the restroom and then I'll be ready to leave. I can't believe how late it is already," she said lamely.

As she stood up and made her way to the restroom she caught the eye of a very handsome man. He winked at her and she smiled back.

***

FOX

Why had he started discussing work with her? He could tell by her face that she wasn't interested. He wanted her so badly but he just didn't know how to communicate with her. Then he had an idea. When she got out of the bathroom he would offer her a ride home.

***

DANA

As she walked out of the bathroom the man that had caught her eye walked up to her.

"Hi, I'm Rob."

"Hi, I'm Dana."

She couldn't help but notice his good looks. He was about 6'1, he had brown hair and light brown eyes.

He smiled at her. She smiled back. She ate up the attention she was getting.

"Can I get you a drink?"

"Sure."

She hoped that tonight he would give her more than a drink.

***

FOX

He watched her every move. Did she know that guy she was talking to? He watched as she went and set down with this man. Fox could feel his face go red with anger.

"I got to go."

He turned around. It was Frohike. He had forgotten all about him.

"Sorry but I have to get going."

That's ok," Mulder said.

As Frohike left Mulder turned his attention back to Scully. It was obvious that he had been forgotten about. He decided to leave. So much for a fun night, he thought.

***

DANA

"You want to go back to my place," he asked.

"No Matt, I don't"

"What," he asked shocked.

"Lets go back to mine," she offered.

With that they got up and left.

It was weird, she thought, she never behaved like this. She didn't like the idea of making one night stands a habit. But she found this man irresistible. She had only had one one night stand before and it had turned out bad but with this mand she had a feeling everything would be perfect.

***

ALEX

Alex was getting tired. He didn't know how much longer he could wait. If she didn't show up soon he might have to go look for her. If he just set there he might fall asleep.

Ten minutes more had passed, he had began to nod off. Just then the door started to open.

Alex Krycek was completely alert now. He waited for her to come around the corner.

He heard a door slam. He could tell it wasn't the front door by the direction the noise had come from.

He stood up quietly. He walked across the kitchen and into the living room. He looked around. He saw the door that had slammed. He remembered where the door led. Behind that door was Scully's bedroom. He assumed that she had already gone to bed. It would be easy to kill her then, he thought. He would creep in there and kill her before she had a chance to put up a fight. He decided to make it as quick as possible. He hurried to her bedroom door and flung it open. The room was dark, but he could see a figure in the bed. He shot at what he believed to be the head.

Then he heard a female scream.

What the Hell? He thought he had shot her in the head. How could she be screaming?

***

FOX

He left the bar with thoughts of him and Dana in his head. He couldn't take it any more, he would have to let her know exactly how he felt. He looked at his watch as he walked out the door. It was getting late, maybe he should talk to her tomorrow. But he knew if he waited he might chicken out. He decided to go home and write her a letter that would tell all. Since she was with that other guy, he figured she wouldn't be home for a while. He had plenty of time to write her a letter and have it waiting for her when she got home.

That was a stupid thought. It took him a lot longer than he thought it would to get all of his feelings out on paper. Oh well, he thought, he would slip it under her door and she could read it in the morning.

Almost an hour after he had began writing the letter he got in his car an went to deliver it.

He walked slowly up the stairs. His heart was beating hurriedly with anticipation. What would she say to him the next day at work? Would she mirror his feelings of love?

He paused in front of her door then kneeled on the ground. He slid the envelope under the door. There was no turning back now. Just as he was about to stand up the door flung open. He looked up in shock.

***

DANA

Her heart was beating so fast as she opened the door to her apartment. She felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. She led Matt to her bedroom. He slammed the door and came to her where she lay on the bed. He kicked his shoes off and then gently slid hers off. He began to kiss her neck passionately. He moved his hands around to the back of her dress and began to unzip her. As he slowly unzipped her the door flew open. She was caught by surprise and was too shocked to react. She could see a tall dark figure in the doorway aim a gun at her. She closed her eyes and waited to die.

The gun went off and she was still alive, uninjured. She was sticky all over with Matt's blood. She uttered a gasp and then let out a loud scream. Then she tried to control herself. She pushed him off of her and ran past the dark man. Racing him to the door.

***

ALEX

What the Hell was going on? He had killed her, he was sure of it. But she had just ran past him. He whirled around quickly just in time to see her open the front door. He stumbled in the darkness, guided only by the dim light from the hall. He tripped over something. What was it? He didn't care. He got back up and ran out the door.

As he reached the top of the stairs he could see Scully and Mulder. Was that really Mulder running down the stairs? He paused. Aimed his gun and fired. He could clearly tell that he had missed. He continued running down the stairs after them. He couldn't let her get away.

***

FOX

As he looked up he saw her. She was splattered with blood. He hurried to his feet as she continued to run as fast as possible away from the apartment. He was running right behind her now as they both descended the stairs. He felt a gunshot whir just inches above his head.

They ran out of the building. They were both running full speed towards his car. When they had reached his car he thanked God that he had forgotten to lock the doors earlier. He jumped in the car and dug his keys out of his pocket. The passenger door had closed. Dana sat safely beside him. He started the car and left the parking lot behind.

***

ALEX

He had failed. Some how she was still living. He continued to run deep into the night. He was sure the cops would show up soon so he had made himself scarce. He knew not that he may have lost Nicole forever.

He was positive he had shot her. But she had run past him uninjured, as he stood there in shock. And she had gotten away from him. And an other thing. Why was Mulder there? He might have been able to catch up with her if it hadn't been for Mulder and his car. He had lost his chance. His window of opportunity was gone. He stopped for a moment trying to catch his breath. Now what could he do?

***

DANA

"I'm sure it was him."

"But why," Mulder asked her. "I thought he was out of the picture."

Scully turned around in her seat to look at Mulder. He looked at her but quickly turned his attention back to the road. "I don't know why he would show back up all of a sudden," she said impatiently, "but it was him. I'm sure of it."

"I just want to be sure it wasn't a random break in. You said it yourself that you couldn't see that well."

"Damn it, Mulder! Why don't you believe me?" Her voice was beginning to rise. "He was never a nice guy, Mulder. Why can't you accept the fact that he hasn't changed?!"

"Sorry. It's just that," he paused and looked at her, "if it's Krycek you're not safe any where."