RATales Archive

Back To Fargo

by Siberian Skys


Title: Back to Fargo
Author: Siberian Skys
Pairing: M/K
Rating: R
Word Count: 628
Summary: Mulder and Krycek's vacation gets interrupted.
Warning: This story is slash and contains a loving, sexual relationship between two men.
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended.
Notes: This is the seventh and final segment of the Stalled in Fargo series.
Thanks to my beta, *xscribe


Mulder crawled under the crisp, cool sheets and rested his cheek between Alex's shoulder blades. Feeling the tension in his lover's back, he knew the ringing phone he'd heard over the running water had brought back the real world just as he'd feared.

"I have to fly to Dubai in the morning," Alex mumbled, breaking the silence.

"We--"

"No, Fox, I. You're going to take the Caddy and drive back to Fargo and wait for me. If you don't think you can do that alone, I'll find someone to meet you in Miami and take you as far as Chicago," Alex snapped in that low, menacing voice that went straight to Mulder's cock and put a nervous knot in his throat at the same time.

"Sorry," Mulder stuttered, rolling onto his back away from Alex's warm body.

"Fuck," Alex cursed under his breath, squeezing Mulder's thigh in the dark.

Mulder wrapped his fingers around Alex's and peeled his hand away from his thigh. Tugging on Alex's wrist, he brought it to his chest and rested it over his heart. "I can do whatever you need me to do," he said with more resolve than he felt.

"Turn on the light," Alex said, twisting around until he was sitting on his knees facing Mulder.

"You don't think you're coming back," Mulder said, looking into Alex's cold stare.

"Let's just say they're not happy," Alex said.

"I'm so--"

Alex rested his hand on the space between Mulder's neck and jaw bone and ran his thumb along Mulder's cheek. "No you don't. This isn't your fault. I'm not going to listen to you take responsibility for something you didn't do. You have to learn to not internalize everything. Your misplaced guilt is going to eat you alive. It was my choice to take this little sabbatical. They're just going to have to learn that I'm not they're lap dog."

"What if--?"

Alex slid his hand to the back of Mulder's neck and crushed their mouths together in a hard, bruising kiss. "What if nothing. It's going to be fine. Stop worrying about it and fuck me."

"No," Mulder said.

"No?" Alex asked, his eyes taking on a dangerous glint. "I want you to fuck me," Mulder said, threading his fingers through Alex's hair, kissing along his jaw as he rolled onto his back and pulled Alex down on top of him. "Don't you think it's about time?"

"No. I'm going away for a couple of weeks. I'm not going to fuck you as some sort of warped good-bye present and have you pacing the floor in the cabin contemplating eating your gun, thinking I'm buried under a sand dune somewhere. It's not going to happen."

"Alex?"

"No, now go to sleep," Alex said rolling off Mulder and throwing his arm over his face.

"Sor--"

"Don't say it," Alex grumbled into his arm.

Mulder stared up at the ceiling, taking slow, even breaths and blinking back the tears that were threatening to spill onto his cheeks.

"Get over here," Alex said, letting his arm fall to the bed. When Mulder didn't move, he reached for his hand. "You're not going to spend our last night together way over there, are you?"

"You come over here," Mulder said, challenging Alex.

"Whatever," Alex smirked, repositioning himself so his head was resting under Mulder's chin.

"Promise me you won't let them kill you."

"It's the Resistance, not the Consortium," Alex mumbled into Mulder's chest.

"You're sure?"

"You're the biggest mother hen, I swear. Yes, I'm sure. They'll do some posturing and send me on some crap errands and then I'll be back in your arms in a month--two, tops."

"I could--"

"Mulder," Alex warned.

"I know. Back to Fargo."

End