Beta
Author: nancy
Email: the_tenth_muse1@yahoo.com
Fandom:  Leverage
Pairing: Eliot/Nathan
Rating: NC18
Spoilers: the whole series
Series: Wolfpack
Warnings: rough sex, language, dirty talk
Summary: Nathan comes to a realization.
Notes: about three or four eps into the series, someone (and I can't rememeber who, sorry!!) bunnied me with the team as a wolfpack. a few months later, this is the result. *grin*


The problem with lone wolfs was that they tended to not work well in a team situation. Nathan had known that when he'd reluctantly, and temporarily, accepted the others for the sake of a mission of revenge. And then a different mission of revenge. And then they'd all discovered that somehow, they worked pretty damn good as a team and they were all looking at him like he actually knew what the hell he was doing. And wanted him to keep doing it.

It said a lot about his state of mind at the time that he'd agreed to it. It said a lot about his state of mind now that he was still agreeing to it. He had his revenge. He had his justice. He even had closure with Maggie, something he'd never expected. Despite all of that, the hole in Nathan's heart with his son's name on it wouldn't go away. The alcohol didn't help like it had before and most times he didn't know whether to stay drunk or get all the way sober so he stayed in a kind of limbo between the two.

Functioning alcoholic, he'd said before. Now he realized that truly was who he was, at least until he figured out who he wanted to be. Not Alpha. He didn't want to be the leader of any group of Shifters, and yet, that's exactly what had happened. Not only did no one challenge him out of their pack of misfits, but they kept asking more and more of him. Sophie was literally driving him crazy with her demands for an emotional connection. Parker needed a father-figure. Hardison needed someone to keep him in line. And Eliot…

Nathan paused at that line of thought, not sure what Eliot needed. He'd never known, not even close, and wondered if he ever would. The younger Shifter could certainly take his spot without exerting much effort, and yet didn't. Eliot remained submissive to him, though not to the others. At times, it felt like Eliot and Sophie were fighting over him and Nathan wasn't all that sure who he wanted to win. There was no disputing that he was Alpha whether he wanted to be or not, so having an official Beta would be a relief.

There was also no denying that they were still lone wolfs; Sophie's behavior about the Davids had showcased that really damn well. Nathan could act like their Alpha, but until they accepted they were a pack, they would all just be coworkers.

"Nate?"

Speak of the devil.

Looking over at Sophie, Nathan smiled briefly and asked, "Yeah?"

"Would you like to get some dinner?" she asked, leaning against his office doorframe.

Nathan shook his head. "Think I'll stay in tonight."

She sighed and said pointedly, "You've stayed in since taking down Blackpoole. It's time to start living again, Nate."

"Didn't realize I wasn't living," Nathan replied. Putting fingers on his pulse, he continued, "Nope, still got a pulse. Must be living."

Sophie rolled her eyes at him and retorted, "Fine. It was just dinner," before walking off in a huff.

Nathan listened to the click of her heels down the long hall and shook his head again, leaning back in his chair. The office wasn't as comfortable as the one in the high rise for some reason, but he was slowly getting used to it. He knew it would take some time. Hardison still got hives just thinking about how he'd had to blow up their previous place. Turning his chair so he could look out the window at the setting sun, Nathan wondered if he would ever get used to his new life.

Doubt it, he thought. I don't even know what the right thing is anymore, let alone if I'm doing it.

It was some interminable time later, long after the sun had gone down, that Eliot said from behind, "Hey."

Nathan swiveled his chair back and looked at the other man lounging against the doorway. It was positively bizarre how tow people could adopt the same position and look absolutely and completely different doing it.

"Let's get a beer," Eliot said.

"Sure."

Definitely not the word he'd meant to say. Nathan kicked his subconscious and stood, unable not to now that he'd agreed. Well, he could, but it would be kind of mean, given the pleased and surprised expression on Eliot's face. He would feel like it was kicking a puppy to disappoint Eliot now.

They wound up at a Country and Western bar, not a big surprise, but the music wasn't too loud and everyone there pretty much left them alone. That was the best thing about it, of course.

Once they had their beers and were eating a big basket of corn chips, Eliot asked bluntly, "So what's eating you now?"

Nathan blinked at him in surprise. "What?"

"You heard me," Eliot replied. "We got Blackpoole. Nailed him so hard he ain't never going to recover. Plus you made up with Maggie. So what's wrong?"

Nathan opened his mouth to tell Eliot to mind his own damn business and found himself closing it again. The question was a legitimate once. He'd been wondering the same thing just a couple of hours ago. Staring down into the beer, he finally admitted, "I don't know."

Eliot nodded slowly and then drank some of his beer. Leaning back in the booth, he looked around the dimly lit bar and when his gaze returned to Nathan, he said, "You need a job."

Nathan blinked at him in surprise. "Excuse me?"

"Do we need to get you a hearing aid?" Eliot teased.

Nathan made a face and said, "I have a job."

"No, I mean a regular one. You need something to do besides brood in that office of yours."

"I don't brood."

"Yeah, you do."

Nathan was going to argue the point further and then let it drop because he had to conceded that maybe he did brood. A little. Not a lot. "I don't need a job."

"Hobby, then? What about knitting?"

Rolling his eyes, Nathan told him, "I'm good, thanks."

"No, Nate, you're not," Eliot replied firmly. "You're going stir crazy, but you won't budge from that room. I was shocked as hell when you came out with me tonight. You need to do something and if you don't on your own, well, I'll just have to figure out a way to get you to do it."

Nathan took in the other man's determined expression and something warm went through him. It was like something had just slid into place, something he hadn't recognized since Maggie.

Beta, whispered through him.

Without conscious volition, his hand reached out and took hold of Eliot's forearm. Blue eyes continued to meet his, the certainty on Eliot's face not changing a whit at the contact. The pheromones, though…he was suddenly assaulted by scent that rushed through him and demanded action.

Licking at dry lips, Nathan's hand squeezed on Eliot's arm as he murmured, "Beta."

Eliot gave a distinctly wolfish grin as he agreed softly, "`Bout damn time you figured that out. Let's go home."

It was only driving that allowed Nathan to keep his hands to himself. Not that Eliot had that problem, sliding his hand slowly up and down Nathan's thigh, maddening and districting and heavy with promise.

"How are you at multi-tasking?"

That was the only warning Eliot gave before snapping off his seatbelt and bending over Nathan's lap. Hissing in surprised lust when the younger man unzipped and then pulled his dick out, Nathan gripped the steering wheel tight as Eliot went down on him in long, slow movements. The suction was incredible and he had a moment of wondering just how long Eliot could hold his breath before a ragged gasp for air echoed in the car and the blowjob continued.

"Christ, Eliot," Nathan groaned, hips jerking up of their own volition.

His hand laced into the fine, soft hair, fingers tangling in it as he tried to keep his eyes on the road. Pressing back into the seat to get a little more thrust, Nathan's body surged towards orgasm. Between Eliot's nimble tongue and the scrape of teeth against his shaft, it was only a few minutes before he came, shuddering violently and swerving momentarily onto the shoulder before regaining control.

Panting harshly, he ordered, "Don't you fucking come until I tell you to, Eliot."

Eliot nuzzled at Nathan's semi-hard cock and then started licking it clean without a single protest. The rest of the ride to their still-new mansion home passed in that strange fashion; Eliot licking and nuzzling at every bit of bare skin he could reach. By the time Nathan parked crooked in the driveway, his dick was just as hard as before, as if he hadn't come at all. Once the car was parked, Nathan yanked Eliot up by his hair and sealed their mouths together, devouring him hungrily.

Eliot moaned into the kiss, his fingers digging into Nathan's thigh. Biting sharply on his lower lip on breaking off the kiss, Nathan growled deep in his chest and then commanded, "Inside. Now."

Nathan took a few seconds to tuck himself back into his pants before following at a slower pace. Eliot was inside faster than it took Nathan to blink, which was just as well. He needed to think about what to do to the other man before just jumping in whole hog. He'd responded to the commands easily enough, but that could be because of the whole Beta thing. He didn't know whether Eliot actually liked the Dominance and Submission thing on its own, or if he was reacting instinctively.

There was only one way to find out and he sure as hell planned to be as thorough in figuring out Eliot as he had been with Maggie…though hopefully with better results, he thought wryly.

It wasn't a surprise to find that Eliot had retreated to his bedroom instead of going to Nathan's, but he didn't have a problem with it. Nathan hadn't ever had a Beta before, he thought maybe Maggie had come close, but suspected that it was more than a two-way street in his situation. He'd been protective and possessive towards Eliot from the start, though this particular application hadn't crossed his mind.

Nathan met up with Parker outside of Eliot's bedroom. Holding a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one hand, she took one whiff of him and a broad grin crossed her face. Chucking him lightly on the chin, she told him, "Go get `em, tiger," before continuing on her way.

Shaking his head, Nathan opened the door and stepped inside only to be nearly overwhelmed by the pure, concentrated scent of Eliot. A growl rumbled through him and Nathan felt the urge to shift come on him strong and fast; hair actually sprouted along his forearms and fangs descended. He didn't even have to scan the room, finding Eliot nude and kneeling just at the foot of the bed, waiting. Feeling somewhat wild, Nathan closed the door with a loud noise and closed the distance between them in three long strides.

He took hold of Eliot's hair again, tighter this time, and pulled back, forcing Eliot's eyes to meet his as he snarled, "Mine."

Eliot swallowed visibly, but didn't resist while replying simply, "Yours."

"On the bed. On your stomach."

Eliot stood when Nathan released him and walked silently to the bed, climbing on and stretching out face down. Nathan walked behind him and took a few minutes just to look at the strong man lying on the comforter. The muted lighting gave his skin a more golden tone and that soft hair fell so that it covered Eliot's face, what part of it the pillow didn't.

Nathan pulled off his shirt and tossed it aside without care, toeing off his shoes and then pulling off his socks. And while he undid his pants, he left them on for the time being. The belt he tugged off with a whisper of expensive leather. Trailing the tip of it over Eliot's back caused the muscles to twitch at the barely-there contact. Half-smiling, Nathan asked, "You like leather, Eliot?"

"Yes," Eliot quietly replied, turning his head just enough to be heard. "A lot."

"And pain?"

"Takes a lot to make me even feel it anymore."

Nathan filed that away for later thought and then used the belt to bind Eliot's wrists and then fastening it securely to the headboard. "You want to be mine, Eliot?"

"Yes."

The simple, certain response slid deep into Nathan's core. Given the number of times he'd been betrayed in the past, he suspected that he'd be asking that of Eliot a lot. Asking him to prove it could be very…educational for them both. Maybe going down the D/s road further than he had in the past with Maggie or others.

"Lube?"

"Massage oil in the bathroom."

It would certain do in a pinch. Nathan walked to the attached bathroom and found it under the sink. It was plain and unscented, which was perfect, since Nathan didn't want to cover any bit of Eliot's scent at all. Climbing on the big bed, Nathan straddled Eliot and drizzled some of the lotion on the broad back before massaging him. He took his time, hands roaming up and down the smooth, warm skin. It served two purposes; letting Eliot grow used to his touch and familiarizing him with Eliot's responses. So far, those responses had only been pleasured groans and a couple of choked off gasps, but they made Nathan smile.

He moved lower, getting his hands on the man's ass and kneading the muscles there with relish. His fingers circled and slid over Eliot's hole, but never actually went in. Nathan didn't spend too much time there, waiting only until he heard a barely audible, "Tease," from Eliot. Grinning broadly, he continued lower still, taking each leg in turn until he reached the feet. Callused and rough on the underside, Eliot proved to be a little ticklish on the arch. He didn't use that just then, but also filed that away for later.

Eliot's pheromones were out of control; the lusty scent filling Nathan's lungs and tearing at his iron control. The younger man's scent screamed, `Fuck me! Claim me!' right along with how his legs spread apart more in blatant invitation. Unable to resist much longer, Nathan bent down and sealed his mouth to Eliot's ass, thrusting his tongue in without warning and provoking a jerk and shout from Eliot. Nathan hung onto the nearby hips, pinning him down so that he could drive Eliot crazy for as long as he wanted.

Which turned out to be until Eliot moaned almost constantly and begged… "Please, oh God, Nate, please fuck me! Need you, need you so fucking bad!"

Growling in pure lust at the sight of his Beta splayed out before him like a feast, Nathan knelt up and poured the oil over his dick. He twisted a couple of fingers inside Eliot and found him tighter than expected. Eliot gasped and shuddered as Nathan finger-fucked him, pouring more oil into the slightly stretched hole.

"Tell me how many men have fucked you," Nathan commanded, needing to know. "Tell me so I can fucking erase them from your body!"

Eliot pushed back on his fingers, seemingly lost in need and pleasure because he didn't answer.

Nathan pulled out his fingers and snapped, "Tell me!" before forcing his cock inside, passed the tight ring of muscle.

"No one!" Eliot shouted, continuing in a panting rush, "Oh Christ, oh God, Nate, no one's fucked me but you!"

Pausing halfway in, Nathan retook control of himself with a concerted effort and barely managed it. His body demanded he finish what he'd started while his mind screamed at him to stop and go slow. Fingers digging into Eliot's sides, he demanded, "You've had sex with men before, Eliot."

"Yeah but, oh shit, but only on top. No one ever, fuck, no one fucked me."

A completely illogical sense of triumph slithered through Nathan and he poured a little more oil on his shaft before slowly impaling Eliot the rest of the way. When he was buried balls deep, they both groaned. Nathan reached around to find that, thankfully, Eliot was hard as nails and definitely enjoying things so far.

Eliot tried to take matters into his own hands by pushing back on Nathan's dick, but Nathan growled sharply and the younger Shifter froze in place.

"You do nothing without my permission and we do this at my pace, understood?"

Goosebumps erupted all over Eliot and he nodded in a jerky motion.
Nathan moved slow at first…excruciatingly slow…incrementally slow…just inching in and out of Eliot while his nails scraped lightly up and down Eliot's back. He didn't torture them for too long, though; there would be plenty of time for more fucking later, when the urgency to mate and bond wasn't quite as strong. He bent down again while sheathed in Eliot's body, licking a long, broad swath along Eliot's spine that caused Eliot to groan low and ragged.

Nathan liked that sound. A lot.

Grinning wickedly, he hauled Eliot onto his knees and started moving faster. It was pure bliss to be exactly where he was, his cock in heaven as it moved in and out of Eliot's ass. Sweat dripped down his body and his pants felt too cloying and hot, but there was no way he would stop now to take them off. He angled this way and that until Eliot's breath hitched in his throat and his body went completely rigid, the smell of blood indicating that he'd bitten his lip through.

Nathan let himself go then, nailing Eliot's prostate as often as he could manage. Without warning, Eliot howled on a particularly savage thrust into him and the smell of come hit the air just before the younger man collapsed utterly. Nathan plastered himself to the limp body and he humped into his mate, knees to either side of Eliot's thighs as he ground in deep. He came almost violently, biting down into the fleshy part of Eliot's shoulder as he spilled hard enough to see stars.

Breath echoed harsh in his own ears as Nathan shuddered and spit seed into his mate, his body on overload in a way it never before had been. It was all he could do to pull himself free of his somnolent new lover and check him for serious damage. There wasn't any, fortunately, and he had just about enough strength to undo the belt and get them both under the covers before hitching a possessive leg over Eliot's hip, surrounding his waist with an arm.

Licking a path along the back of Eliot's neck, Nathan murmured, "Mine," before letting himself drift.

*  *  *  *

Eliot woke up very comfortable, very sore, and very, very smug. Nathan still lay behind him, surrounding him with a possessive arm around his waist, his breath warm and moist against Eliot's neck. The multiple hickeys would be very obvious to anyone who took a look at him and he couldn't wait until Sophie saw them.

And okay, that was a bitchy thought, but he couldn't help it. All these months of her flaunting herself at Nathan and then betraying them over the Davids? The woman seriously needed to know her place.

Or what's not her place, Eliot silently amended with a grin. He slid around slowly until he faced Nate, the other man's face slack with sleep, the lines of exhaustion somewhat reduced. The scruff along his jaw was even hotter because it hadn't come about due to Nathan forgetting to shave from alcohol, but because he'd been much better occupied.

Eliot kissed his way over the warm, bare skin, the chest hair tickling pleasantly. His fingers drifted slowly up and down Nathan's side. He was about to get more serious when he heard the bedroom door open and Hardison yell out, "Yo, Eliot! Get your ass out of…oh. My. God."

Nathan startled awake at that, his arm instinctively tightening around Eliot even with sleep still in his eyes. Eliot pushed him back down and smirked at Hardison as he said, "I'll catch up with you later. I've got things to do now."

"Yeah, no. I think you should both get out of bed now before…"

"Eliot, have you seen Nate? I can't find…"

"Sophie comes looking for Nate," Hardison finished belatedly.

Sophie stood there with a stunned expression for all of ten seconds before turning sharply on her heel and stalking out with an audible growl.

Nathan groaned and pulled a pillow over his head.

Eliot snickered and told Hardison, "I think we're good now. I'll catch up later."

Hardison left the room quickly, closing the door behind him.

Leaning on his elbow, Eliot looked at Nathan and grinned as he observed matter-of-factly, "She would've smelled us the second we stepped out of the room anyhow."

Nathan tossed aside the pillow and countered, "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Maybe a little," Eliot agreed.

Nathan pushed him down flat in a sudden move, lying over him with eyes glittering as he said, "I think I might just have to punish you for that."

A shiver ran through Eliot as he challenged, "Maybe you should."

Blue eyes stared back at him for a moment before Nathan murmured, "You know…I think someone's been a bad boy and needs a spanking."

The heat that slammed him at the words shocked the hell out of Eliot. He'd known his kinks pretty well for a long time now and they didn't run very much further than some light bondage, maybe a blindfold. He'd sure as hell never let anyone tie him up and fuck him before last night, let alone spank him like Nathan was obviously thinking about doing.

"Or I could get you good and hard and just leave you there," Nathan continued, voice thoughtful. "Put a cock ring on you and make you stay that way all day while you sucked me."

Sweat broke out almost instantly all over and Eliot shuddered, bewildered and confused as to his body's reactions.

"I know. I think I will beat you with my belt after all and then fuck you again, this time while you have that cock ring on and can't come."

Eliot's mouth opened but no words actually left as his body flushed with pure want.

One of Nate's hands slid up his belly and over his chest to viciously twist a nipple, causing Eliot's eyes to roll back in pleasure. While he was distracted, Nathan's cock pushed back inside his sore ass without pausing.

"Or I could just fuck you and let you wonder what I'll do to you later."

Eliot's hands twisted in the sheets as Nate proceeded to do just that with strong, even thrusts. He was hard within seconds and aching to come only minutes later. Wrapping his legs around Nathan's waist, he groaned as the other man fucked him hard and fast. It hurt, the massage oil more sticky than helpful by then, but something deep inside was desperate for it and there was no way he would say stop, even though he knew Nathan would if he asked. Pre-come helped in short order, thankfully, and then things went a little hazy.

Nathan's cock seemed to reach places in him that it hadn't the night before, plunging in and out of him with an abandon that Eliot arched into. When Nathan hit his prostate again, something he hadn't truly thought would affect him when the thought ever crossed his mind, Eliot shouted without wanting to; he hated making noise, letting others know exactly what he was doing. And of course it figured that was exactly what Nathan wanted to hear, as loud as possible.

"That's it, Eliot, God you're so fucking tight and hot for me," Nathan groaned. "Take it so damn good, like you were born to be fucked, take me cock just like this. My Beta, my mate, I'm going to make you feel me every God damned fucking day."

Eliot couldn't stop himself from coming on the last thrust. His dick exploded, come splattering them both, and Nathan rabbitted into him, the force pushing Eliot against the headboard where the belt still hung. Feeling the other man come inside him was a novel experience and he moaned, exhausted and still turned on and wanting more.

Nathan finally collapsed on him, shaking and panting and lodged deep inside Eliot's body. Already sore, Eliot knew he'd be lucky to make it to the tub after the second go and couldn't find it in himself to care. Wrapping both arms around Nathan, he heaved a deep sigh and squeezed around his Alpha's dick to keep them connected as long as possible.

*  *  *  *

One thing Nathan wasn't looking forward to was talking to Sophie, but he couldn't put it off. Not if he wanted to keep any kind of harmony in the group. So he got dressed and went looking for the thief, not finding her anywhere inside. He found her lying out on a lounge chair in a bikini by the pool in back of the mansion. With the sunglasses on, he couldn't tell if she was watching and ignoring him, or if she didn't know he was there.

"I don't want to speak with you right now."

That answers that, he thought wryly. Sitting on the chair beside her, Nathan said, "I didn't do it to hurt you, Sophie. I just…"

"Oh, spare me," she interrupted, pushing her sunglasses atop her head. "You chose Eliot. End of story. It's not as if I didn't expect this."

Nathan blinked at her in surprise. "You did? How? I didn't even know until last night."

Her nose wrinkled as she sat up and commented, "You always were a bit slow. Nathan, Eliot's been acting as your beta since this pack started. He's always right there beside you, protecting you. He defers to you in everything, even his sex life. It was just a matter of time until you figured it out. Though I must say it's just like you to make me compete for something that was clearly a foregone conclusion. I'm angry with myself, not you. Well, yes, all right, you as well."

Nathan winced when she punched him in the shoulder hard enough to hurt. Rubbing the sore spot, he repeated, "Deferred to me in his sex life when?"

Waving negligently to somewhere off in the distance, Sophie reminded, "That time back where he grew up. With that girl. He looked to you each and every time he interacted with the poor chit. Girl didn't even know she didn't stand a chance. At that point, I don't think even Eliot knew, but he still did it."

"Huh," Nathan muttered. He took in Sophie's slightly pinched expression and asked, "Are we okay?"

Sophie rolled her eyes and stretched back out on the chaise. Dropping her sunglasses back into place, she replied, "We're fine. And by the way, thank you for the lovely diamond tennis bracelet. It's a perfect apology for being an ass."

Nathan bit back his protest and instead told her, "You're welcome."

As he walked back to the house where Eliot still waited in bed, Nathan knew he'd gotten off lucky with just taking a financial hit where Sophie was concerned. And then he grinned as he thought, And I'm about to get really lucky again, with Eliot.

Maybe life wasn't so bad after all.

end