Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
405
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
914

Hanging On To Christmas

Summary:

CLASSIFICATION: Angel/Spike interaction
SUMMARY: It's a bad Christmas at Wolfram & Hart for these two vampires...
SPOILERS: Set around Christmas of season 5 A:tS.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For Tania, who's having a rough time of it right now and wanted Angel/Spike holiday ficcage. Sorry no actual pairing, but I hope it helps.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Hanging On To Christmas
by Ragna
(writinggoddess@aol.com)

 

There wasn't a single decoration around, save for the very small Christmas tree Harmony had on her desk. It's delicate glass and porcelain ornaments had been taken at various points of the month by non-Christmas celebrating employees until Wesley set up an alarm to go off when the tree was touched.

Harmony really appreciated that, since she, Wesley and Angel were the only ones who knew the code to turn the alarm off. She restocked the little tree and from about December 15th on, it was left alone.

And now, ten days later, the offices of Wolfram & Hart were empty save for two vampires, neither of whom were particularly fond of each other, but they were in a sense family.

"Bloody hell, it's quiet in here," Spike muttered, sitting at Harmony's desk, looking at the tree. He'd asked her the day before to leave the delicate twinkling lights on, and she did.

"Yeah," Angel said, standing over his shoulder, looking at the tree.

"Maybe it's a good thing most of the blokes here were glad you made them take the day off, or else it'd be noisy and there'd be too much bad karma and..." Spike glanced over his shoulder. "And aliens would be flying out of Lorne's arse."

"Yeah."

Spike turned around and stared at his grandsire. "Hello? Earth to Angel? Are you even paying attention?"

"Not really, but don't take it personally."

"I take every slight to me personally. You should know that." Spike turned around again and looked at the tree some more. "Not that I really, truly am dying to know, but what are you thinking about?"

"Christmas."

Spike waited for more of an answer, but Angel stayed silent, so he started to talk. "I always abhorred Christmas after I was a child. Never got anything I wanted from Saint Nick, my mum was always hovering over me...it was not a good time to be had."

"Uh-huh."

"So what was Christmas like in Ireland?"

"The same, except my father hovered and there was no Saint Nick." Angel stretched. "Wish the others were here."

"You mean the ponce, the lackey, the green guy and Fred? Or do you mean the firm in general?"

"Wesley, Gunn. Lorne & Fred."

"Ah, the first four mentioned." After a beat, Spike added. "Me too, I guess."

"Well, anyway, Merry Christmas," Angel said.

"Yeah, same to you."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.