Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
816
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
858

The Mind Snaps

Summary:

SPOILERS: pretty much all Krycek eps (+ you need to know its set after the finale of season 6)
SUMMERY: What if Mulder finally snapped and what if some secrets comes out that neither he nor anyone really wanted to know?
Archiving: fanfic.net, gossamer, SPAK: Yes... everyone else: please ask!
Disclaimer: The characters portrayed in this fanfic are not mine, they are shamlessly put into situation by me and borrowed from 20th Centrury FOX and 1013 Productions.
Note: Right this is a very short piece. Just a little astral projection I guess. Enjoy and don't forget to tell me what you think!
Thanks to Jeshka for the beta'ing!

Work Text:

The Mind Snaps
by Anne Phoenix
(AnnePhoenix@yahoo.com)

 

He didn't understand; why was he with Diana? Why was he hearing voices? He felt lost in his own mind, he didn't understand, couldn't find the way out...

Scully cried, Skinner was stricken. Mulder was in a haze as they led him away. As the FBI man gently touched his arm he followed, but it felt wrong, something was wrong, something was reversed, and... almost.. no, he couldn't quite grasp it.... He sat in the cell in silence for a while, trying to find a way out of the confusion. He saw himself screaming for Scully loke to many times before and screamed once, loudly, as a tester. "Please!" He was alone, and moaned deeply, almost as though savouring the pain. They took him away. He didn't resist, but if only he could understand!

"Why?" Why didn't Scully love him anymore... had she ever? Surely if she ever had she would be here with him?

"Scully!" He let the scream trail off slightly. The room was dark and he was in a straight jacket. Ridiculous, after all, he only wanted Scully!

 

"Clinically insane."... No more freedom for Agent Mulder and why? He didn't know what he had done. He just didn't know and he felt anger. Rivers of tears as he screamed "WHY?" at Scully, as she turned away to hide her own tears but said nothing, as she abandoned him. The pain!

They took him away and locked him away. That's that. He sighed, confused.

"You don't get it Agent Mulder"

Mulder started and stared at Krycek. "How did you get in?"

"Or out", Mulder shook his head and got up to punch Krycek but the latter stepped back swiftly.

"Enough of that, Agent Mulder" he smiled briefly, almost mockingly and Mulder sat down again.

"Go away..." Mulder snapped dejectedly,

"I can't". Oh no... Krycek seemed smug, only, it wasn't Krycek. It couldn't be Krycek; because Krycek was a brand new, unused FBI agent... and Krycek was dead because Mulder had killed Krycek. Because **she** was gone taken by aliens; like his sister.

"Ahhhh" he hissed, pulling a face and staring at Krycek, so beautiful, so perfect!

"Nobody real is so perfect" Krycek reminded him, fluttering long eye lashes over emerald eyes. So beautiful, so perfect!

The blood was running. His father's blood; that bastard, he never cared for Mulder of course, never forgave Mulder for staying when Samantha was gone. Not that it was Mulder's choice of course. He smiled thoughtfully at the corpse and holstered the gun slowly...

 

"Mulder, it was your gun", Scully tried to explain

"NO!" he would make him pay, he would... break her neck! But she shot him, in her own terror of him....

Sorry...I...my water was poisoned Scully, I didn't know what I was doing, I... didn't know, I'm sorry, it was the LSD. I...where's Scully?

Not at home, who are you? Melissa. Of course, Scully's sister. Bang!

"Why?" Alex asked and Mulder shrugged.

"she was in the way"

Skinner, walking down the stairs. Did he recognise me? I don't think s! And I got the tape....that damn tape. I was scared in Hong Kong, but I made it, out of the window and away, into a car and damn, that damned crash. They locked me up then, but I got away and Scully found me. My Scully, we went back home together and I tried to confront CSM about Krycek. He
only looked at me strangely and smiled.

The man got out of the way.

"You sonofabitch!"...

"Oh come on Krycek" He looked at me... I could hear his thoughts; who the hell or Krycek? Never mind, go to seep, bubye... to Russia...I have to go-Russian... Languages classes.

Russia was bad but I made that too: got home and hugged my Scully.

"where was I?"...

"I left you, in Russia, or a while. I don't know what you were doing, where you were until you knocked me down in my apartment that night."

"why were you working for them?"

"I don't know, I felt a little torn I think. Maybe I can't remember"

"But you hurt Skinner?".

"Yes. I... oh, who knows, wasn't that you?".

"where's the difference?"

Good question, alright so I was hurting Skinner, and I told the rebels where to find the syndicate... and now, now they know...

You were always two faced Mulder, nobody could understand what you wanted, I don't think I ever knew myself! But that's that as they say, goodbye Krycek. Goodbye Mulder...

 

THE END
©Anne Phoenix -06/07/1999

(late spoiler: thanks to FIGHT CLUB for just a little of the inspiration!)