Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
218
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
767

Chromium

Summary:

A 100-word drabble written for x_men100 at LiveJournal to meet the challenge prompts 'Hiding places' and 'TV and movie quotes.' The quote is from TV, Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Work Text:

TITLE: Chromium

AUTHOR: Cousin Shelley

Feedback: Yes, please! csnshelley@yahoo.com

Fandom: X-Men

Pairing: Erik/Charles only barely hinted at, it's really more of an Erik piece.

Rating: PG

Archive: Already done. :)

Dislaimers. I don't own any mutants. No money's being made, no disrespect intended.

Notes: Chromium is the hardest elemental metal. This 100-word drabble was written for x_men100 at LiveJournal to meet the challenge prompts 'Hiding places' and 'TV and movie quotes.' The quote's from TV, Star Trek: The Next Generation.

-------------------------------
Chromium
-------------------------------

There was nowhere for Erik to hide, and escape attempts were pointless. People didn't escape, they disappeared en masse. The guards laughed at their despair, and shouted, "Widerstand ist vergeblich." Resistance is futile.

Years later, Erik took refuge in Charles' arms, the school, the bright perfection and hum of steel. Until his government considered marking him with another Star of David. He knew they would eventually make it necessary for all mutants to hide from society.

Erik Magnus Lensherr had desperately wished for a secret hiding place to avoid the cruel taskmasters at Auschwitz.

Magneto would hide from no one.

----------------------------------------

Feedback's always nice: csnshelley@yahoo.com
Cousin Shelley
Yahoo IM: csnshelley
http://www.geocities.com/csnshelley
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cousinshelley/