Actions

Work Header

The beginning of the end?(Maybe not)

Summary:

Ducky takes matter into his own hands when his lover works himself into a collapse. But everybody knows the saying about the best laid plans of mice and men.

Chapter 1: Part 1

Notes:

Fandom: Navy NCIS/Man From Uncle/Highlander
Pairing: Leroy Jethro Gibbs/Donald (Ducky) Mallard, Napoleon/Illya, Methos/Duncan MacLeod
Synopsis: Ducky takes matters into his own hands when his lover works himself into a collapse. But everybody knows the saying about the best-laid plans of mice and men.
AN: In Highlander Chronology, this takes place in an AU Season IV. Richie and Connor are both alive and well.
AN: This is the first in a series of short stories if anybody wants to see any of the others. You'll know the one of the other shows by the end of the story. The other show is mentioned in the story and will make appearance in a later story.

Chapter Text

The beginning of the end?(Maybe not)
by Josette Grover


Gibbs opens his eyes, blinking in surprise to find he's been moved to a bed in his sleep.

"Good Morning." Ducky says, turning around in the chair as he hears Gibbs moving in the bed.

"How'd I . . "

"Get in bed? I put you to bed last night after I found you asleep at your desk. You have got to stop doing this." Ducky says, standing over the hospital bed and glaring at his lover.

"We got the bastard, that's all that counts."

"No, that is not all that counts. You are not going to work yourself into another heart attack, and that's final." Ducky growls, his hands on his hips, "We are leaving in an hour for a two week vacation. You are not to think about the job during that time, instead, you're going to wonder if it' s humanly possible for me to fuck you to death."

"Oh, really," Gibbs drawls, his eyes beginning to lose the haunted look that had caused Ducky to slip a sedative into his lover's coffee.

"Yes, really. You're awful at taking care of yourself, and Anthony is nearly as bad. I've already told him, Andrea, and Katie that I didn't want them at the office for the next two weeks and I wasn't above making it a medical order. Now eat," Ducky orders, sitting the breakfast tray on the table over Gibbs's lap, "The sooner you're done, the sooner we're on our way home to pack."

"And why are we packing?" Gibbs asks, picking up the fork and beginning to eat, knowing Ducky will sit down and feed him himself in one minute if he doesn't.

"We're going to be spending the next two weeks at a bed and breakfast an hour from here. By the time we get back, I want you tanned and to have gained five pounds. You'd still be ten pounds underweight, but it's a start at least." Ducky smiles as Gibbs finishes breakfast and tosses him a pair of cut-off pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

"Where's my suit?"

"In the office, along with your gun. And they're going to stay there until I say otherwise, understand?"

"Mother hen from hell." Gibbs mumbles fondly as he gets dressed.

:"Damn straight. You're worse than a two year old. (And I thought Napoleon was bad about taking care of himself, you're ten times worse)

Ducky and Gibbs are leaving the building when a shot rings out of nowhere. Ducky shoves Gibbs in the shelter of the doorway as he takes off running across the parking lot.

(When did Ducky get so fast?) Gibbs thinks as he slides down the side of the door, the streak of blood bringing Tony running from where he'd been rooting in the trunk of his car.

(Damn Tony, wondered why you always wore that oversized watch. Must have hurt to get that tattoo on your wrist. Where'd the lightning come from, it was a clear day just seconds ago? Ducky, why are you carrying a sword?)

Ducky reaches over and closes Leroy Gibbs sightless eyes as the younger man takes his last breath.


TBC