Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of Parallel Voyage
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
409
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
22
Hits:
1,252

Parallel Voyage 4: Survival Instinct (Episode Addition)

Summary:

Sequel to Quentin. Kim comes to visit Seven following the events of the episode Survival Instinct. Set immediately after Survival Instinct and during the beginning of Getting Home.

Work Text:

Parallel Voyage 4: Survival Instinct (Episode Addition)
by Jeffrey Harlan
lead_ink@yahoo.com


"Seven," Ensign Harry Kim said, his fingers resting upon the door to the quarters of the woman he had fallen in love with, "let me in, please."

"Go away, Harry," Seven of Nine's voice came from the door panel speaker. "I do not wish to repeat myself again."

"Seven, I'm sorry," Kim said. "I failed you. Let me at least speak with you."

The doors to Seven's quarters suddenly opened, Seven herself standing on the opposite side, deeply perplexed. "In what way have you failed me?" Seven asked. "I see no evidence of anyone failing but myself."

"I wasn't there," Kim said. "I should have _been_ there."

"I don't understand," Seven said as Kim stepped through the doorway and into her quarters. "Your presence would most likely have not altered the fates of the former drones."

"That's not what I'm talking about," Kim said. "I was locked up in my quarters because of that damned _fight_, and I couldn't be there - for you. I love you, Seven."

Seven stood immobile, a wave of unexpected emotions rushing over her. "I - I love you, as well, Harry."

The two hugged fiercely, kissing one another as though the night were their last night together. Kim's hands began exploring Seven's tightly-clothed form, coming to rest as he wrapped his arms around Seven's waist.

Seven's fingers wove through Kim's hair. Her fingertips slid down the sides of his face, coming to rest upon his chest, where she found the clasp of his uniform zipper.

*******************

Kim awoke with a start, to find himself lying naked in bed beside Seven, who was in a similar state of undress. His thoughts began to wander back to the previous night's activities when the door chime sounded again, startling him once more into reality.

Kim began to walk to the door when he remembered his nudity. He stopped at the replicator. "One robe," he said.

"Specify variety," the computer prompted.

"Standard," Kim snapped as the door chime sounded once more. The robe materialized, and he grabbed it from the slot and threw it on in a rush to conceal himself.

Kim stepped up to the door, which opened to reveal Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres.

"Harry!" Torres exclaimed in surprise.

"Hi, B'Elanna," Kim said. "What brings you here at oh-dark- hundred?"


end

Series this work belongs to: